Why are they such great villains?

Why are they such great villains?

They have a Horsemen of the Apocalyspe vibe without literally being that. Also each is terrifying and formidable in their own right. In a world where judges fuck criminals up on a daily basis they're guys who can massacre entire teams of judges easily and that's pretty crazy. I hope they use them in the upcoming show.

The fact that they can't be redeemed.

They enjoy what they do.

Are judge dread comics worth reading? Never read one.

They are right. Antinatalism is the one true way and everyone disagreeing with me is just lying to themselves. The dark judges express something that is inside all of us, yet at the same time lies beyond us. Death is truly the only way to stop suffering, evil, and most important of all, crime.

I want to know too.

Absolutely. Heavily depends on what you like, though. Dredd stories range from campy old skool almost cartoonish parody/sci-fi to political thrillers, and manage to do all of this spectacularly.

>tfw broken enough to unironically agree with this

but onced all is dead what is there for the dark judges to do go on a cruise ?

Meh, they get pretty tiring quickly. Ironic silver age pun-spouting campness can only be entertaining for so long. PJ Maybe as Mayor was best Dredd villain.

>Judge Dredd/Robocop still hasn't happened
How do we rectify this bullshit?

Have you read the recent Deadworld stuff?

>LOL THEYRE FOUR HORSEMEN OF THE APOCALYPSE GEDDIT

*groan*

Nope, I stopped reading after Chaos Day.

Make me cum daddy?

It's pretty good stuff.

Kek-W and Dave Kendall are bringing creepy back.

Any essentials?

For the Dark Judges, the essentials are:
- Judge Death and Judge Death Lives, by Wagner/Grant and Bolland
- Four Dark Judges by Grant and Ewins/Robinson
- Necropolis by Wagner and Ezquerra
- Young Death: Boyhood of a Superfiend by Wagner and Doherty
- My Name is Death by Wagner and Irving
- Anderson: Psi Division: Half-Life by Grant and Ranson
- Dark Justice, by Wagner and Staples
- And the current Dreams of Deadworld/Fall of Deadworld series by Kek-W and Dave Kendall

There's a bunch of other, more comical stories, like The Three Amigos, Dead Reckoning and Judgment on Gotham/Die Laughing, but the ones above are the most proper horror ones.

Would that be the reading order as well for a total newfag?

Yep. The first two are collected in the Dredd Case Files volumes 3 and 4 respectively. Four Dark Judges is in the Psi Files vol 1. Necropolis is in Case Files 14 (though 13 will give you a decent bit of background too). Young Death and Dark Justice are both collected in their own TPBs, and Half-Life is in the Psi Files as well, though I can't recall if it was in volume 2 or 3.
My Name Is Death is the one that hasn't been collected yet far as I remember, but you can find torrents for the progs quite easily.

Their purity. Their philosophy is so simple and very nearly makes sense.

Yes

They're so good batman had to rip them off.

So the big one is Etrigan then? The one on the far left looks like it could be Cyborg?

Big one is probably Doomsday

some new ting gona be out in judge dredd magazine now.

I mean, I think only the blue one is really derivative.

We haven't seen the Batman/Joker yet, who I can imagine ending up similar to Death.