SDCC Storytime Of Pain: Littlest Zombie Summer Special (and others)

Alright time to stop reading and start CONTRIBUTING to these Storytimes of Pain.
I scanned and edited this comic myself (poorly with an office scanner and MS Paint) so sorry in advance if cropping/resizing isn't pro level.

So for those who have never heard of The Littlest Zombie, it is a fun comic by Antarctic Press made by Fred Perry about this cute lil zombie who lives survives and gets meals in his harsh world in a way no other zombie is doing ... HIS WIT.
It is possibly my favorite zombie comic of all time and would recommend it any day of the week.
That is why a couple years back I saw this Summer Special come out at my LCS and went "FUCK YEAH more Littlest Zombie. Gotta get TWO copies so I can share the greatness with friends."

But after that decent cover by Fred Perry you open the book up to find out that someone else is doing the art of the rest of the story.
But ... okay Fred Perry is still listed as writer. Maybe it'll still be okay.

Previous Threads:
Day 1:
→ (Marville)
→ (Trouble)
→ (The Unfunnies)
→ (Nemesis)
→ (Joker's Daughter)
→ (Amazons Attack)
→ (Change)
→ (The Surface)
→ (Earth-2: World's End)
→ (Countdown pt. 1)
→ (Countdown pt. 2)
→ (Countdown pt. 3)

Day 2:
→(The Rape of Ms. Marvel)
→ (Jade Street Protection Service)
→ (Liberality for All)
→ (Champions)
→ (Nightwing: Brothers in Blood)
→ (The Deal/God’s End)
→ (America)
→ (Thoughts on Being a Girl in Elementary School and a few other zines)
→ (Cry for Justice)
→ (Marvel Mangaverse: Ghost Riders)
→ (Rich Johnston’s The Avengefuls)
→ (Sonichu pt. 1)
→ (Sonichu pt. 2)
→ (Phoenix: Legacy of Fire)
→ (Rise of Arsenal)
→ (Batgirl: Redemption)
→ (Chaos by Ithiliam pt. 1)
→ (Countdown pt. 4)
→ (Countdown pt. 5)

Day 3:
→ (US War Machine 2.0)
→ (Extreme Comics)
→ (DIESEL)
(Civil War II)

I cannot stress enough how much better the actual Littlest Zombie is and looks.
I might just link where to read it online so people can take a look.

And here the truth is revealed. That this shitfest was DRAWN BEFORE EVER WRITTEN, and poor Fred Perry was stuck filling in the nonsense like a game of Mad Libs on nightmare-mode.

Never heard of the Littlest Zombie, sounds kinda interesting. Also, I appreciate that this is scanned instead of just downloaded from somewhere else. Scanning/editing is pretty tedious and takes some time, and it's nice when people on Sup Forums share stuff they actually put some work on.

If I could've I would've in a heartbeat just downloaded it from somewhere.
But it was never scanned on winothreads or anywhere I could find.
And I'm glad, cause it means less copies were sold. They got 2 out of me and that's more than they deserve.

Also it was a lil satisfying to pull the staples and destroy this comic myself.

Read online link for the first 2 issues.
readcomiconline dot to/Comic/The-Littlest-Zombie

I like how the stories are so incoherent that even after spending hours renaming and making sure I put these in order I'm still looking at the thumbnails as I select them going "these are in the right order, right? Cause it doesn't look like it makes sense like it is"

I think this was their idea of a pinup for this comic? Like someone thought their art was actually good and this was clever and worth spending a whole page on.

>The old spice gag

Ok that was actually kind of funny.

Man someone higher up must have hated Fred Perry to put him through this and have him put his name on this crappy cashout on a very minor comic series.

And that's the story of how I wasted $8 and never got over it.
Hope you enjoyed this shit show.

And HEY, the comic came with a few ad pages.
Including this nice ad for Time Lincoln.
Another fun minor series by Fred Perry, about Lincoln getting time powers and recruiting other heroes like Einstein or Ben Franklin to help him fight against evil time travelers like Stalin and his minions like Mao or Castro.

Why do I bring this up?

Because THIS comic came out just this week from Antarctic Press.

Another Fred Perry miniseries being used by someone else to make a cheap sell-out comic. But this time with a side of political humour.

Because that actually sounds like it might be good, unlike this complete mess?

And just to fill the thread, here to add to the Storytime of Pain are a couple of Insane Clown Posse comics.
And yes, I know it's there but this doesn't deserve the effort to crop it out.

is that a super soaker?

I feel like a lot of comics from the late 90s/early00s looked like this kinda style.

I don't even know what you'd call it.

Yes.

OH God, Slim Shady you've seen better days.

Just one lil slash across the chest and done for the day.

Like the serial killer equivalent of filing two papers into a file cabinet and going "time for a coffee break"

I don't know why I'm surprised that there are Insane Clown Posse comics.

I can't help but feel the physical build of these characters aren't 100% accurate to how the ICP actually look like.

>but at least I will have something to look forward to when I come home ...
>that bitch

I can't tell if he's mad that she's caused him to have something to look forward to, or he's just outloud exclaiming that "that bitch" is the object he is looking forward to.

I'm only doing 2 of these ICP comics.
There were like a dozen more. Fuck skimming through all that.

Why would you be scared of a ghost phonecall after seeing the reanimated corpses of all your victims?

I will mail a legit $1 bill to anyone who can tell me whats up with ICP dude's face in last panel.
Why is it just doing that. Did he suddenly take battle damage there? Is ie becoming some giant goofy mouthed demon??

Oh Noooo! A disappointingly small drill bit!!

Huh two hits and he's done.
You'd think he'd at least run like a wimp to try to get his gun or something.

And so this issue ends revealing she was married and with a kid.
So why did she dress like a slut, then? Did he dress her up like that?
It was very unclear.

So how many of these SOP are people actually reading?
Like the ones I've read before I'm skimming at best and simply bumping the thread. But even then there's still enough new content that I'm struggling to keep up with.

No, fuck it, i'm out.
Thanks for the storytime, OP. When you can't get through a 24 page comic before checking out twice how much longer it runs you know it's truly deserving a place in SoP.

Face on the left reminds me of The Mask.
Closest to a compliment these comics are getting.

At least ya tried. I'm proud of you for that.

I legit forget if this is another story of "cosmic punishment to these guys" or the ICP are just being dicks to random people.

Like is the hall of illusions warping the reality to make them dickbags or they're a bunch of guys who thought they weren't pieces of shit and it took these dumbasses to show them they super obviously are??

Why am I putting effort into thinking about this.

middle ground between lifting from Mc Farlane and Madureira

A recap of all these ICP comics so far for anyone just tuning in.
Theres some guy who's a jerk and the ICP kill him with horror and demonic ways. Then theres some guy who's a jerk and the ICP kill him with horror and demonic ways. Then theres some guy who's a jerk and the ICP kill him with horror and demonic ways. Fucking rinse and repeat, man.

This guy didn't do anything bad.
He simply showed up to the circus in a car with the confederate army flag and thought hey could pay extra to keep the circus open a lil longer.

Alright so that's it for ICP and probably me.

I'm more and more interested in storytiming that Trump vs Time Lincoln so I'm gonna try to find it online.
If I do I'll add that to this, otherwise you guys have a good weekend.
Good luck with the other Storytimes of Pain.

Crash Bandicoot Retold

Sonichu Part 3

Bolivar El Heroe

>That this shitfest was DRAWN BEFORE EVER WRITTEN, and poor Fred Perry was stuck filling in the nonsense like a game of Mad Libs on nightmare-mode.

Isn't that just the marvel method?

bless you for going through the trouble of indexing

>was DRAWN BEFORE EVER WRITTEN
what?
what what what?

I actually stole it from another SOP thread and copied in merely the most recent(theirs).
So give thanks to the guy doing Civil War II

Bump to bring the pain.

Someone needs to crop that center panel

Yougotit.jpg

Marvel Method is where the writer comes up with the basic plot, the artist draws the story, and then the writer comes up with the dialog.

Worse than Kiss comics.

I avoid the "classics" like trouble and cry for justice. But I'll pop in if something new shows up.

I wonder if I should do the Ebola Files this year.

Do it to it.

Clearly a contender for next years storytime of pain.

I tend to only skim the standards for the reaction. The new shit tends to get a full read, more often if it has lots of reaction in it, or there's something interesting about the concept or angle. Like that combined Liberality/Calexit ithing.

The lil zombie comic was so completely incoherent, that it risked not being a comic at all.

My favorite shit tends to be mediocre or good execution of a truly terrible concept, and this ICP stuff qualifies.

Iiiit's an old ICP song, they just drew a comic to go with the lyrics. If I recall from middle school correctly, it's supposed to show a person what could have been if they hadn't been fucks, and how bad it could get if they continue on that path...? It's been literally decades jeeeezus

Ah
That almost sounds clever. Almost.

Is Marvel Ruins "worthy" of a storytime of pain?

Idk. Never hurts.

I think it's better to try it and let the audience decide. I think it's a truly terrible concept. It doesn't have the WTF factor of say OUR LOVE IS REAL or girls, but the sheer amount of gratuitious suffering makes Crossed and Marvel Zombies look like a kate leth campfire story by comparison.

Ruins has too much black humor in it to really qualify as a Storytime of Pain.