TV Iron Fist changing showrunners for season 2

ew.com/tv/2017/07/22/iron-fist-season-2/

>Iron Fist may have been renewed for a second season, but there’s a creative shakeup going on behind the scenes.

>EW has learned the Marvel superhero drama will change showrunners for its next round. Scott Buck (Dexter) is stepping down from the top writing gig on the show with Raven Metzner (Sleepy Hollow, Falling Skies) being hired to fill the top slot.

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/name/nm1360299/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If they're not going to just cancel it, they better be changing a whole lot of shit.

Because that was an embarrassment.

an actual raven?

Thank god I was hoping for this

From one mediocre TV director to another mediocre TV director, great.

THANK GOD.

The fact that Scott Buck still gets work on major projects in this industry in confounding. Nepotism is a very real thing.

How's Sleepy Hollow?

imdb.com/name/nm1360299/

>Elektra (written by)

Reviews say it's pretty decent.

Though, he's infamous for:

It's almost like they were making a mediocre tv show all along.

I didn't even bother watching more than the first episode. It bored me to tears and I found the lead guy to be insufferable. Is it worth picking back up?

I bet they could get RZA if they asked. At least it would be something instead of nothing.

Not season 1.
It only gets worse, lots of bad acting even for a cape show, obviously no money to do even the smallest kun lun of real flahsbacks, and some of the most embarrassing fight choreography that I've ever sen.
Daredevil would kick Danny's as up and down the street without breaking a sweat if he had already used up his iron fist punch for the day.

Apparently they were only practicing the fights like 10 minutes before the scene

RZA couldn't even save the episode he directed. Though it was more entertaining than most because of how much it felt like a stupid scene from Man with the Iron Fists. Like come on, an episode about a nondescript abandoned warehouse/building with a hammy chinese martial artist waiting in every room?

The writing was the least of that movies problems

Unrelated, but when is Daredevil season 3 coming?

Again, something instead of nothing.

I just don't get it. They announced IF along with all the other shows, why did they wait until the absolute last minute to actually put the show together?
The reason the show pisses me off so much is that it feels like absolutely no-one cared about the character. Which despite the flaws of DD/JJ/LC, is not something I feel can be said of those shows.

Its not bad but its not great either, build up is hype as fuck but the payoff lackluster but I can't say how much is actually because of writing or bts fuckery

Oh thank heavens, Scott Buck can now go on the put the final nail in the coffin in the Inhumans Push.

After JJ s2, LC s2, and Punisher at least.

Too late. Iron Fist's a joke to the public.

They need to change more than the goddamn show runners, they need to change EVERYTHING.
Like making Danny asian with no explanation or including fucking JOKES.

Should be "and Jessica Jones"

Bitch definitely isn't a hero.

I hope they were at least improving the choreography, that shit was far worse than arrow.

Good, because season 1 was boring as fuck even by capeshit standards

>That face when you unironically like Iron Fist the best of the 4 MTVU shows

Well not to go Sup Forums but it probably didnt help that it was a rich white guy as the protag. Not only that but Danny is easily the most unrelatable defender character.

Okay I'll bite, why? Really curious.

It's my 2nd favorite after the original DD season. Every other Netflix show other than those 2 have absolute garbage pacing.

wow lame

I cant say I hated it or anything, it certainly bored me at times. It didn't help that Colleen and Claire were more interesting than Danny, who honestly annoyed me 40% of the time.

Will it have kung fu now? Really the only thing passable was Colleen.

Not him, but Iron Fist doesn't really have that much off a pacing issue,and most of the cast if comfy as fuck. Even the layer/business junk was pretty entertaining. I know nothing about 'fight choreography' so what I saw was pretty standard.

After the admittedly garbage first couple of episodes, I liked the look into the different aspects of the Hand, how fucked up the Meachums all are, and the fact that the fight scenes (while obviously not as smooth as DD since he's stunting) were interesting when we got them. Alternatively, I didn't like Kingpin, hated the love triangle in DD S2, thought JJ was the worst part of her own series and felt like Luke Cage (who was my 2nd favorite thing about JJ's show aside from Purple Man) was really boring and slightly preachy in his own show.

>Sleepy Hollow

Didn't that show's viewership fly right off a cliff after they killed off their black female lead?

PRAY FOR MISTY

That's part of it too. A lot of the MTVU shows have pacing problems, which has become one of my biggest pet peeves. Iron Fist gets that problem out of the way up front and then is fairly well paced afterwards.

Not quite understanding how class/race has anything to do with it. When the kickoff show DD centered around a CIS white guy who was very well off (Matt's apartment is too good to be something a check to check lawyer can afford).

Shit show is shit.

>Matt's apartment is too good to be something a check to check lawyer can afford
they handwaved that because of the giant fucking neon sign outside of his apartment

>didnt like kingpin
Opinion discarded

I would trust an actual Raven to write Iron Fist more than Scott Buck.

They made him fucking autistic, he even has retard strength. It's seriously the worst interpretation of the Kingpin I've ever seen, and that's including Black!Kingpin

JUST MAKE HEROES FOR HIRE GODDAMMIT, NO ONE WANTS A SECOND SEASON FOR LUKE OR DANNY

That's some good news. Scott Buck sucks ass.

>implying Misty will be in any Iron Fist season outside of a cameo

They ruined DannyxMisty by having Cage fuck her for no reason.

Colleen is the patrician waifu now.

Matt is hadicap too but its mostly nobody felt the pressure that the show just had to be good for positive representation. If you listen to the commentary for DD/LC/JJ you can hear how much the crew wanted to make everything as good as possible but its not there with IF

>shit talking MCD

Double fucking discarded

Thing is some people actually liked Jessica. Iron Fist was just a joke to everyone

>Apartment that is easily wroth $3k+ a month
>Is shit because a person couldn't use a $20 or less blinder shade setup.

Being this out of touch should be a crime.

90s are over. Token handicap person is no longer requirement. But I can believe that commentary bit. These shows rely on actor's having motivation because the execs, writers, and directors sure as hell are not bringing in the comic book accuracy.

>Being this out of touch should be a crime.
I'm not saying it was a good excuse, but at least they had one.

This. Superhero inner drama has been exhaustively explored. It's time for them to buy shoes together.

>MCD as Kingpin
>bad

Get the fuck out.

>Well not to go Sup Forums but it probably didnt help that it was a rich white guy as the protag.
That's the worst excuse I ever heard, Both Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark are rich white guys and critics and audience loved all their movies

>protagonist is shit
>Villain is shit
>choreography is one othe worst ones in TV history
>shitty effects
>the girl dialogue was cringeworthy
>slow as fuck

>mcdpin
>bad
Double discarded

That came out wrong, I actually liked Black!Kingpin.

Why do so many people get bumflustered by Jessica Jones?

She wasn't a fantastic person but she's definitely not evil, she's just a little abrasive and fucked up.

As someone who generally buys into the optimistic idea that rehabilitation should be our primary focus towards criminals Purple man needed to fucking bite it. Dude had the power of god.

A lot of those LED signs are super fucking bright. There was one just off the army base in my town and there was a bunch of wrecks and shit because it kept blinding people, the city council was in talks for weeks with the base to get the sign taken down but the base spent a bunch of money on it so said fuck off the base wasnt city property.

Yeah but they have flaws, Danny's only problem was that he was bored after getting all his money back.

>She wasn't a fantastic person but she's definitely not evil, she's just a little abrasive and fucked up.
Because she's dumb as fuck on top of being a shitty person. She's trying to prove Purple Man can mind control people by getting a confession from him using torture, which can't be used in court.

>build up is hype as fuck but the payoff lackluster

sounds like netflix marvel

Well, she spent what, a year of her life getting raped by him physically and emotionally nonstop? Frankly, It's surprising that she doesn't tear him limb from limb the second they meet.

Which is what makes her interesting and standout. Being a good character doesn't mean being a likeable person or heroic. Otherwise you just get the avengers with 31 flavors of Tony.

I really liked it but compared to the fighting and action of DD it was a hard tone shift to go to the melodramatic slow pase thriller.

Agreed, she should have just killed him. Instead she waffled the entire season doing blatantly illegal things that wouldn't have worked to try to prove to the world that he actually could mind control people. She only decided to go through with it when her guilt-trip girl killed herself and her sister was almost put in the same situation. I can forgive a character being dumb or unlikable, but not both.

>MUH HOPE
>Prevents Nuke from killing Purple Man because she needs a confession
>Hope dies anyways
>Kills Purple Man
>Actions led to dozens of lives being lost

See

If the main character is unlikeable, you better make sure that they're interesting enough to engage the viewer.

JJ was both unlikeable and uninteresting.

Seriously, Luke Cage was more interesting than her in her own show. Then they somehow managed to make him boring in HIS show.

Fair, but she was desperately trying to be a hero, and that's what lead to a lot of people dying.

Ultimately the wild goose chase DID lead to Jessica proving the existence of mind control and posthumously exonerating Hope but I don't think the fact that the season is an endless series of fuckups is necessarily reason for it being bad

If that's what does it for you man, but it's not what I call a good time.

She didn't kill him because she wasn't aware she was immune to his power so was trying to appeal to him instead. Too bad she's a fucking idiot because it becomes obvious to the audience after the first flashback that she can ignore his orders, but it takes her almost 10 episodes to realize this herself despite reliving that moment over and over in her head.

Tangentially related to all the JJ stuff, but why was it so difficult to prove mind control might exist in a universe where super powers, aliens and gods are an accepted part of the world now?

Bullshit, she knew she was the only one immune to him from the beginning. It was the whole reason he was obsessed with getting her back. The twist was that she was STILL immune after his weird baby killing power-up.

I get you, I hate horror movies where it's just [everyone is safe from the bad things and then somebody does something really fucking stupid and everyone's fucked] but I don't know if that means they're bad movies, I just don't enjoy them.

I mean would you risk it?
If you had super strength and some dude spent ages raping you over and over again and then used you for a murder would you go "hey man i'm pretty sure i'm immune to you no worries"

Furthermore the whole invasion of New York was directly caused by the mind control of some dudes from SHIELD

I think it's probably that it's both an unbelievably rare occurrence (Like if you were murdered by a Chinese super-spy, or something) and the DA was firmly established to be the slimiest conviction-slut that could possibly be in the position

Starts well but loses its bearings after the initial threat and plot are resolved. Like Buffy.

They tried to handwave this in Iron Fist. Basically since superpowers have become public knowledge, a metric fuckton of fakers, LARPers and insane people have come out of the woodwork claiming to be metahumans. It's still pretty annoying when the authorities won't even entertain the possibility even though irrefutable evidence exists.

What? Buffy only got better after The Master was defeated. Seasons 2 and 3 are the absolute apex of the series.

This shit was bad. Both JJ and Luke Cage should have been 8 episodes a piece.

Honestly this is a good sign. Scott Buck is a hack, and some very major things can be fixed easily like having a COSTUME or MASK that be worn in order to utilize STUNTMEN

And both managed to kill their most interesting villains.

It's too bad we won't be getting that in the Defenders. Hopefully Finn Jones has trained hard so his action scenes won't be an embarrassment this time.

>People disliked MCD as Kingpin
Absolute garbage taste. He was easily the only redeeming thing about that movie

I liked Bullseye. He was a fun villain.

contrarian Sup Forums poster pls go

I clarified further down I actually did like him.

Jennifer Garner is hot

is the punisher the best thing to come out of the marvel Netflix series

Nigger, calling Scott Buck mediocre is giving him much more credit than he deserves.

>thriller
Except there's nothing thrilling about it.

No it's this guy.

They could even make it a plot point where Danny admits he's kinda sloppy and does some training with Stick.

I hope he's a recurring villain along with Captain Karaoke.

That's Turk.
There's something very entertaining about a guy going from a somewhat legitimate career criminal to being everyone's punching bag.
His absence is yet another reason why IF was shit

>standard.
Prove it.

>Y'all Harlem niggas off the hook, I'm going back to Hell's Kitchen where it's safe.

Protip: horror movies are generally bad and characters' stupidity is one of the reasons why.

>Iron Fist doesn't really have that much off a pacing issue

You clearly have no fucking clue what the term "pacing" even means. IF dragged on needlessly long with repetitive shit right from the very start.

>I don't know if that means they're bad movies

It does.

Inexplicable and unlikely things can happen without our suspension of disbelief being broken. We can accept that the universe of the narrative is one where such things can happen. But once characters (human beings) start acting in a way that is inexplicable, you're crossing the line and moving into the bad writing district.