Are you the ovatar, ong?

Are you the ovatar, ong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kpY2zl57BhI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>ong
But this is how you spell Aang.
Why does the cartoon teach wrong English?

>sixearthbendersforonesmallrock.webm

I redirect you to the gif/gif argument.

So...we're not going to get Book 2 of this?

>supposed to be Asian / Inuit
>get whitewashed because they're protagonists
>Indian/Arabic get turned to the evil fire nation

so this is what white privilege looks like

Was the direct ever an Avatar fan?

But Shyamalama is an Indian.

Not even an SJW

but I admit I laughed my ass off when I saw the movie and

>water tribe are all correctly asian/inuit looking
>camera pans to this white ass old grandma coming out the igloo

Its like they didn't watch the cartoon and where like hey we can make a movie out of this.

The only thing I liked about it was that fire benders needed a source of fire in order to fire bend.

just because you're oppressed, doesnt mean you cant be an oppressor, user

nigga that was gay as fuck

AANG

I don't remember ever before this seeing anyone who claimed to like that change.

Water and Earth benders need an apt source to manipulate and defend themselves with. Firebenders can just conjure shit up whenever they want.
Now try to figure out why that might have been a significant advantage in a war that can easily justify why the Fire Nation was conquering everything.

NIGGA ATLA DEDIDCATED AN ENTIRE FUCKING EPISODE TO LEARNING HOW TO CREATE FIRE
GET YOUR FUCKING PLEB ASS OUT OF MY BOARD

The Fire Nation got turned Indian because Shyamalan likes the Fire Nation best.

Shyamalan has had to suck dick at every opportunity to keep his career afloat. There's a reason he's never cast an indian lead in his own movies: it takes all his dick sucking capacity just to get them to let HIM be Indian and direct a movie, if he went in for a minority star he'd break his jaw

Calm your tits, friendo. You're not making any sense.

I remember a thread here before the movie came out where people were discussing the potential tactical implications of needing a fire source, like having specific soldiers in charge of constantly keeping nearby fields lit and using it to push territory against opposing armies.

The movie itself didn't do anything interesting with it, though.

You mean how the guy who invented the term gave the definitive answer to this, except it's objectively wrong?

>The movie itself didn't do anything interesting

man I would wear the shit out of sohka's bathrobe looks comfy af

korra haters defends this shit

Really makes you think

This. I don't think I've ever seen a rule change that made every other character dumber quite like that one.

>be Water Tribe
>oh shit, the Fire Nation's coming
>should we extinguish our torches so they'll have nothing to threaten us with? Nahhh
>be earthbender
>imprisoned by the Fire Nation
>bald kid shows up and tells us, "You know you guys can turn the very ground under your feet into a weapon, right?"
>oh yeah

That one comic explaining what's supposed to be happening in that scene is just fucking magical.

And makes it even more puzzling that they fucked up the scene so badly.

Good lord, that scene. I could've picked up a rock and threw it at the firebenders faster than that.

m. night legitimately thought avatar was an anime and used japanese pronunciation of all proper nouns since he never watched it or did basic research.

post it?

Should have had them get tans, at least.

All of the costumes in this movie looked great. Very good translation from the cartoon to a live action movie. The costume designers deserved a better movie for their talent.

Agreed.

>japanese pronunciation
It's also the same pronunciation in other languages.

It's more like the English pronunciation of the word "avatar" is mangled compared to the original pronunciation in India (forget which language) and most languages would probably pronounce Aang with a softer "a" sound. Hell, I'm pretty sure even Gyatso does in the actual animated series.

There's a lotta issues with the movie, but the pronunciation changes were pretty sensible, if unfaithful

>yfw Shyamalan's movie was better than all of Korra
Prove me wrong. Protip: YOU CAN'T

I've never seen the movie, did they not use the coal under the platform like in the show?

Did he make the entire Fire Nation Indian just so he could play a cameo?

I was totally onboard with Korra until the latest comic, but one can easily ignore a simple comic with some terrible writing. The show at least has some amazing fight scenes

And Kuvira is the best

What's worse Sup Forums? This, Dragonball Evolution, or Netflix Death Note?
And are there any good live action adaptions of animated series?

The soundtrack in Korra is better than anything in the movie for starters

youtube.com/watch?v=kpY2zl57BhI

There was no offshore platform prison in the movie.

They were just in a camp on solid ground for some stupid reason and then never bothered to bend.

The Last Airbender, is Netflix Death Note even out yet?

see They kept the earthbenders in a big dirt pit with stone walls and a wood watchtower.

The big speech that motivates them is EARTHBENDERS! THERE'S EARTH UNDER YOUR FEET

>the oppressed minority who makes millions per year under the white supremacy is now promoting white privilege because i say so

How laughably shallow are you?

But user, as you can tell, they were aiming for the highest quality actors.