Can we all agree that Arrow as actually pretty good last season?

Can we all agree that Arrow as actually pretty good last season?

Season 6 trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=IpCOMDpmJ28

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ugDHT-A5CGw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Can we all agree
Let me stop you right there and say no. I don't even have to read the rest of your post to know we can't all agree on anything.

We agree on some things, like America being bad and Bendis being a hack.

Did Dinah get her assed kicked by Black Siren again?

Just how many producers did Katie Cassidy blow?

It'll still have Olicity shit, so I'm not looking forward to that.

But seeing Black Siren beat the shit out of Tina makes me happy.

>Slade survived

wew, was worried they were going to off him.

I guess it's just the mom that bites it then.

Chase was even worse than Darhk, he was underwhelming not intimidating in anyway, and to be honest, with the pacing, I completely forgot Prometheus even existed multiple times.

Then to make matters worse they made Felicity even more of a pill to swallow, and teamed up with one of the most unlikable young actresses to hit tv in the past few years.

Lets not forget the sidekicks who spent 75% of the season getting their asses handed, making you actually miss Roy.

I swear, I ever see a dude wearing a hockey mask and a bright blue sweater with a cartoon dog on it, running around with guns shooting rubber bullets, I'm gonna straight up bum rush him and smack the hell out of him for the good of humanity.

But hey I'm not jaded at all...

>Slade either comes back to set Oliver straight, remind him his friends are dead, or becomes his Black Manta

All three are acceptable.

Everyone except you apparently

I wouldn't say good. Just not as bad as the previous season

shit that looks great. I'm hyped AF.

The lack of Prometheus is really gonna hurt this season.

>Arrow got good again
>LoT stopped caring and got fun
>Flash dropped but still watchable
>Supergirl is great to watch muted
>Gotham is going full wacky
>Lucifer is unexpected fun
>Kyrpton is coming
>Black Lightning is coming

It's going to be a good year for DC on TV

It was good.

You know what'd make it bettet? Just bring back best sidekick already.

He's on another show or something but his costume was great

You know they're saving him for Titans, user.

Man, I forgot all about Krypton.

Sounds like that's gonna be wacky shit too

Just let me keep pretending that Felicity actually died a horrible, painful death on the island a little longer.

If only.

Michael Emerson from Person of Interest is the show's new Big Bad. I don't think anyone is going to remember Chase after a season of Emerson on this show.

What the fuck? Who would cast that wheedly looking nigga as Richard Dragon?

He's Caydem James. The leader of Helix.

Fuck off Chase was the best part of the whole season

That'd make a whole hell lot more sense than Richard Dragon

>Can we all agree that Arrow as actually pretty good last season?
You are a battered housewife.

I only agree with half of that statement.

Not many people readily agree Bendis isn't a hack.

Good for you for standing by your beliefs

>Arrow got good again

It'll never be good as long as Olicity exists.

Pretty much. Ruined the show for me, and the horrid olicity fandom is just a fucking embarrassment.

And then Vigilante is Jim Caviezel.

next season is apparently gonna have more olicity focus so stay tune!

No.

Any trailers for the other shows?

it was better than most of them until

they detonated the entire supporting class curious to see how they deal with that

>Chase was even worse than Darhk

not even going to read the rest of that

>teamed up with one of the most unlikable young actresses to hit tv in the past few years.
Help me out here?

>>Lucifer is unexpected fun
this board really sleeps on that show

shit's legitimately funny at timed

It's enjoyable, but the coroner chick is really getting under my skin, and they definitely need to hire a new casting director.

Chase's 10 quintillion steps ahead bit was cool for like, three or four episodes. But the more it wore on the less sense it made and it became really stupid by the end.

>Chase was even worse than Darhk
double the wrong, double the shit taste

The set it up so that most of them would make it off the island. It would ruin the show if they killed off Diggle so thank god they didn't die1

it was extremely entertaining stupid, but there is no way that it would have been fun if he stayed alive. thank god he died in the finale

I assume he means the bitch from Hannibal who played another "so quirky" hacker on Arrow.

Yea, and that's OK. The same gimmick worked in S2 with Wilson and in S1 Flash. The CW is at it's best when the hype train's at full throttle and shit just gets more and more ludicrous by the second. It's a welcoming contrast the the otherwise grounded, reasonable, realistic tone of the shows.

On one hand, you have a superhero so bent on the realism angle it took 4 fucking seasons for him to be called his proper title. Then on the other hand you have a villain who's so straight out of a Saturday morning cartoon you're honestly shocked he's not twisting a handlebar mustache in every scene.

Don't get me wrong, CW shows need a certain retarded element to them, Legends only gets good when it makes no fucking sense, but there should be a pretense if nothing else.

I mean after a certain point it loops back around and stops being funny. Chase can somehow plan on a sniper missing him when he's standing perfectly still or moving very slowly. That's not really entertaining television.

Every character she's played on tv has been unlikable human being.

Hannibal: Stockholm syndrome brat who helps Lector fuck up a bunch of people she legitimately cares about before letting him slit her throat because she has daddy issues.
Magicians: Bitchy egotistical backstabbing wiccan who manipulates people for her own means, and kills anyone who might get in her way, even after getting raped, tortured, and killed by some kind of fox demon thing, then being resurrected in an agonizing mutilated form for 30 seconds it's hard to feel sorry for her.
IZombie: Wants to go to Paris, but has no cahs, and kills her mom cause she was too nice and not making enough of a profit, pins it on the love struck boyfriend, and gets away scot-free but not before taunting the main character, the cop, and having the innocent boyfriend admit to everything and get locked up.
Wayward Pines: Fucking and manipulating a swarmy little psychotic Hitler youth wannabe dictator, who turns out to be her son, and then kills him.

It's a matter of opinion and in mine, Chase was an underwhelming whiny douche, Church only showed up for maybe 5 episodes, but had more of a presence than Chase could ever hope, and was a far more interesting villain.

>Chase was an underwhelming whiny douche

Can you name some villains you've liked? Don't even have to be CW. I'm just genuinely curious

If they have the balls to actually keep the supporting cast dead then this will be the greatest season of Arrow

I'll stick to CW's stuff.

Grodd, Church, Snart, Rory, Vertigo's 1 & 2, Merlin, Slade, Eobard, Zoom, Ra's, Trickster, Ivan Drago, list goes on and I'm just too lazy to continue.

The point is, main arc villains are supposed to be a force to be reckoned with while Chase was just boring and until the end, absent, and I'm not joking when I say that on numerous occasions throughout the season I completely forgot he existed. I realize we're dealing with CW writing where the best you can expect is decent to good, never great, but the least they could have done is make him interesting, which to me he never was, even Darhk managed to keep me mildly interested...although it's a good chance his hair can mainly be credited for that.

I agree that he was underwhelming and not intimidating, but
>worse than Darhk
Come the fuck on. I'd agree if you said Ra's, but Arrow's Darhk was a joke.

It's funny because Darhk was genuinely better in LoT s2 than he was in his own show.

Well, that's your opinion and I won't try to change it.

To me it was nice to have a villain that wasn't another powerlevel trope, it seems every CW villain so far is just physically better than the hero. Darhk had magic. Ra's, Slade, and Merlin were just better than Oliver at everything. Thawne, Zoom, and Savitar were just CUMONSTEPITUP more than Barry was. Savage was truly and entirely immortal save for one weakness - he was so broken that the only way to up to ante was to bring back three of the aforementioned powerlevel fags and throw them on the same team.

It was refreshing, so very refreshing, to have a season villain that Oliver could and did beat multiple times, and yet the guy still struck fear into the heroes (and by extension, the audience). And while the execution was only as great as CW writing will allow, I'll suspend a little belief it means I don't have to watch 24 episodes of a superhero brooding about how they're not fast/ninja enough to be at a fast guy / ninja

It worked for Slade because he'd had years to work on this, and plenty of resources. It worked for Wells because again, years to work, and plenty of resources.

Chase, in the course of just over 3 years dedicated himself to vengeance, and only within the past year had been training to be an assassin with Talia, who despite leaving her father still somehow gives a shit, and Chase manages to know more about Ollie than anyone else. How the fuck did Chase know about Shado?

Let's not forget that Season 5 gave us an episode where the plot was villains trying to find a mobster's nest egg, which was left unlocked and unguarded in a mausoleum while a criminal in the city knew where it was. It doesn't take fucking Einstein to figure out why that plot's retarded.

>How the fuck did Chase know about Shado?
It wouldn't be that hard to track down Shado's twin sister, or Anatoly, or Waller, or heck even Slade for that matter, for information.
What's wrong with a villain who's actually smart for a change?

>What's wrong with a villain who's actually smart for a change?
Because it's unjustified given the context of the kind of backstory he has. The level of knowledge he has is utterly ridiculous and his profiling of Ollie so perfect that he can't actually lose. Seeing the hero completely lose his shit every episode from being so far behind him gets old VERY fast and makes Oliver look like he's not improved at all despite TEN YEARS of dealing with this shit at this point. Oliver losing his shit over Slade made sense, because Slade was a personal failure that resurfaced in his life in a way that he couldn't confront. Slade didn't need to be fifty steps ahead of Oliver, just two.

Ever since Slade all the bosses have been weak, because they've lacked that history with Ollie. Merlyn was personal, Slade was personal. R'as, Darkh, and Chase he's completely reactionary towards and has no history with personally. With the level of emphasis the show initially invested on the flashbacks, the departure from that history in the main antagonists has weakened the show incredibly.

>Supergirl is great to watch muted

It's funny, because it's true. Not watching the next season after "No, you are totally stronger than me at my best fighting Zod to the death, Kara!"

Agreed with the rest, though I don't really want to watch Lucifer after episode one. Somewhat funny, but too much of that "product for thirsty women" atmosphere.

You are a fucking embarassment if you even let those shallow tumblrinas get to you in that way. Fucking crybabies.

He had better characters to play off against. Instead of Brooding Ollie & Co they were wacky barely competent heroes, and extremely competent but still wacky villains. Darhk's flair for dramatic didn't stick out that bad.

>tumblrinas
>thinks Olicity shit is only outside of the show

Arrow died at the season 2 finale. This entire thread needs some fucking taste

Lucifer looks like such shit goddamn

What DID ever happened to Vigilante? All they did was use him as a red herring and as soon as Chase was revealed, he never appeared again.

They ran out of flashback years to make vigilante someone from "the island"

>Can we all agree that Arrow as actually pretty good last season?

I was skeptical till episode 22 actually. Once I saw Manu back on the show I have no doubt arrow has gotten good again

No, it was just so bad before that.

I have a speaking suspicion he could be Anatoly.

They also confirmed KGBro will appear again this season.

Felicity is the only reason to still watch this show.

#EMILYWELOVEYOU #EBR4EVER #olicity #ota

Human Target was my favorite episode in the entire Berlantiverse

That's some Tebaatusasula tier CGI

youtube.com/watch?v=ugDHT-A5CGw

so we have nazi flash, arrow and supergirl in the Ray
im hyped