What are your thoughts on Cyclops???

What are your thoughts on Cyclops???

he is quite good and right

To be fair, James Marsden has a really hateable face, and Land ain't helping here.

Muh waifu

Marsden is hot not hateable

Paragon of righteousness and development in the MU.
I forever hate everyone involved in botching him in AvX

For 3 years they tried turning him into the next Professor X, they somewhat succeeded.
Then they spent the next 3 years failing trying to turn him into a villain
Then the dumpster fire known as AvX happened
Then for 3 years after that they failed to turn him into an anti-hero
Finally, they just killed him off during a timeskip.

Marvel keeps trying to find a way to take him in a new direction when he's fine the way he is.

wrong.

mutants were fucking no more and this fuck got all bio terrorist on them because muh genes

being a mutie fucking sucks.

You know who also lost their humanity? All those people Hope randomly turned into mutants

He deserved better. The fact that Marvel is still attempting to push the idea that he committed some kind of atrocity by TRYING TO STOP HIS ENDANGERED, PERSECUTED MINORITY GROUP FROM BEING LITERALLY GASSED TO DEATH baffles me to no end.

I think that he was right

second favorite X-Men behind Chamber

this looks like he also fucks rachel

Cyclops was called Hitler for trying to save his endangered people from being gassed to death. I'm not sure that's irony, but it is hilarious.

I still remember Lemire and Soule on twitter saying people taking Scott/Emma's side on Death of X were wrong.

Also, that the Terrigen cloud was just an inconvenience... like Peanut Allergies.

Also, had it not been for Scott/Emma destroying that cloud, the Terrigen saturation in the atmosphere woulda have happened much sooner and all woulda been dead -- only reason why Inhumans destroyed the cloud after being all "MUH SACRED" was because Scott/Emma outed them out to the whole world about the Terrigen cloud basically being a wandering gas chamber for mutants.

just like Hitler want to save the world from jew
DID NOTHING WRONG

Best X-Men character ever.

>ywn read the white trash adventures of Redneck Cyclops
Damn, those flag colored sweatpants really bring it all together.

Cyclops would never do that.
Redneck Cyclops on the other hand...

You see, Cyke manages to be both Hitler AND the jews. He has the rightness of both sides with none of the wrongness, making him the most right to ever be right.

This is something I said recently but as a kid I didn't much like him. Then as I got older I found myself appreciating him more and more. I don't mean modern meme RIGHTclops shit either. I mean the honest uptight boy scout slim. I like that he stood for something. I liked that he had ideals and morals and tried to live as an example.

He wasn't a badass like Wolverine but he didn't have to be and I realize now that he was a badass in his own right. I appreciate the dynamic and his importance to it now. I realize the burden of leadership he was under.

And he got shit done. I remember in TAS when Wolverine was off being a pissy no one tells me what to do badass in some shitty bar what did Scott do? He found out where the robots who hurt his family where coming from and readied to destroy them completely.

Strong and right leader
It's like what Marvel fear,have well established characters and don't know how used t...oops
Marvel want minorities and murders.
Really who to blame their PR, Ike the kike, Quesada, Bendis,I'm sure this never happens if someone like Shooter was EiC.

The blame for that was already pushed onto Emma which still doesn't make it any less right hilariouspy enough. Her post IvX villain design was so shitty she's not even using it for secret empire.

She realized she was stealing Penance's outfit.

Never blame the characters for the actions of shitty writers. It doesn't matter if it's Scott or Emma. Comic characters don't have a real will of their own and will always do whatever the awful terrible writers want them to do. It's how we end up with shit like Hydra Cap, Terrorist Cyclops or Race Traitor Beast. Marvel needs to stop treating their characters like assholes for shock value

One of the few people in comic's I actually feel comes off as an actual leader rather than some fucker that yells a catch phrase before they jump into battle.

He's the character that organically grew from a self doubting second guesser to the man that couldn't afford to lose or everything would fall apart.

he's the stone that holds the x-men together and any writer that couldn't understand that is almost always shown to be trash.

memes aside, i really like im as a leader, and the stand he defend during the period of utopia

couldn´t agree more

He should have given up

FUCKING LAAAAAAAAND

queer rage cyclops is love

>Lemire and Soule on twitter saying people taking Scott/Emma's side on Death of X were wrong.
caps?

Of all the souls I've encountered in my travels... His was the most right.

But yes he's the greatest pillar of the X-Men and Marvel decided to kill him to appease people who would never buy their comics or even watch their movies outside of Netflix.

He dared to dream and died as one.

Best leader Marvel has ever created. And its even funnier when you consider that they actually wanted to make him look bad. In the end, he was the greatest hope for mutantkind.

This is such a dumb meme.
If they wanted him to be hated then why was he still the main character of the X-Men franchise with story after story revolving around his empathy-inducing pain and suffering?
And if next month they have him come out like Bobby did will you hate him then?
You say you still forgive him for all he's done so far...

Pretty much this. Cyclops is a character who contrasts the modern idea of a 'badass'. Rather than posturing or picking random fights, he is direct and to the point. It's what makes his relationship with Wolverine so awesome when done right.

Logan is someone who always expects people to, I suppose the best word would be, aggravated in his presence. He's a guy who tries to assert himself as an Alpha, for various reasons. Scott is someone who has too much self control to actually sink to that level. It's why I liked their relationship in the comics, especially from M-Day up till Schism. The fact that for all Logan's taunting and mocking of Scott, there was a mutual respect and understanding between the two of them and Logan trusted Scott enough to follow his lead, even when he disagreed with Scott's agenda.

That being said, I don't mind if Scott is written as being a bit of a prick when he isn't leading the team. In fact, I think that's natural. Scott is not someone who people would get on with at first or would immediately like. So long as he ultimately is a good person who has the weight of the world on his shoulders and feels like he can't lose control for one second.

>And if next month they have him come out like Bobby did will you hate him then?
Not him, but we're not hating Bobby for that bullshit. We're hating bendis and Marvel in general. Hell I wouldn't even hate Hank, just waiting for someone to fix or forget the last bunch of years of bullshit.

Seriously, what is it about Scott's presence in modern stories that makes the writers just go full retard?

They grew up on Wolverine, self-inserted as him when they were kids and are GAR for him. Cyclops is a challenge to the idea that their childhood icon was this perfect paradigm of awesomeness.

>if they force him gay like bobby
Yes, I would hate 'him' because he isn't cyckes but another thrall of Jean's fujo fantasies. I suppose I'd just hate Jean really, Scott is just a victim of Jean's evil and Marvel awful awful writing.

what book

And now you're admitting that you HATE the character for being a Marvel character.
(as opposed to back when Iceman was a DC character?)
And you HATE the character because Marvel hired a certain person who you HATE for reasons we all know don't have anything to do with comics.
All that HATE, and yet you want me to believe that you don't HATE that one thing that triggered all these constant HATE filled complaints?
Grow up.

Respect for Stan Lee's original concept and a desire to get Claremont's biggest storyline finally resolved without another intervention from censorship.

>94095434
(You)
Nice baits.

He literally says he doesn't hate the character. Are you retarded or just baiting

Wasn't just a douche to begin with?

Skinheadcanon pusher, meet the denial choir:
You ... three (one?) should argue among yourselves about what the reality is that you think you see.
I think that would be hilarious to screengrab.

>"But nothing mean is being said here!"
>"I don't know what's being talked about!"
>"Something something hatespeech Bendis!"

>skin head canon
Are you fucked in the head? Bobby isn't gay and neither is Scott. These changes are very, very dumb. If that makes me a skin head that's unfortunate

What kind of shitposting is this?

If there was a minority group who were almost entirely composed of terrorists and militants who kept killing people and trying to take over the world, would everyone else be OK with gassing them?

>If there was a minority group who were almost entirely composed of terrorists and militants who kept killing people and trying to take over the world
So you mean the Inhumans?

I'd fuck him.

Suck a muffler.

He was originally a teenaged version of Superman/Superboy in the 1960s and all morally righteous and responsible and boring.
The 1980s had him cracking up after Jean died.
The 1990s had him be a responsible soldier for Xavier again.
The 2000s had him turn into a badass.
And the last decade had him feeling all guilty and sad for all the badass stuff he did.
And then he died.

best vehicle in the game, but this is really a Sup Forums thread OP

you haven't seen enough of his shitty, shitty movies

I can only find Soule's right now and it was on an interview.

>The general consensus from what I have seen is that “Death of X” did right by Emma and Scott. However many fans myself including are still confused as to why mutants became so hated after the destruction of the Terrigen Cloud? And why Scott himself was hated by his own teammates? Are we missing something?

Charles Soule: I’ve gotten this question a lot myself. The key here is in one of Scott’s (well, Emma’s, really) last lines: “You’ve got a story, I’ve got a story. It doesn’t matter which one is true. It matters which one is believed.” So, here’s what we know — the things that happened in “Death of X” happened as we saw. By the time the various “X” #1s began, public opinion had turned way against Scott. Remember that not every mutant was present, nor every Inhuman. The events were shaped by public opinion and through the viewpoints of people who saw them — or didn’t. In the world we live in today, this seems extremely plausible. People believe things firmly based on a single headline — they don’t even have to read the article. “Death of X” is already a tragedy on many levels — in part because Emma does so much in Scott’s memory that becomes increasingly terrible — but then when you realize that people end up believing whatever the hell they want to despite what seem to be the available facts… well, it’s even sadder.

This was also the interview that gave us this

>Was it expected that the Inhumans would be perceived as having an equally valid, or even sympathetic, viewpoint after “Death of X,” when the stakes ultimately came down to their having to make significant cultural adjustments in a new environment vs. the slow, painful death of an established population?

The Terrigen clouds are not everywhere. There were two, now there’s just one. Their path is tracked on weather services — once the mutants realize they’re a problem, they’re easily avoidable. As soon as the Inhumans learn what’s happening, they immediately (like right that second) leap to help, moving mutants out of the cloud’s path. The mutants don’t have to touch Terrigen at all, which means the problem is really of a limited scale to them. So, the idea that the Inhumans should destroy their entire (20,000+ years) cultural legacy because mutants have a problem with Terrigen… I think it’s understandable that they would take a wait-and-see approach, and try to find another solution.

To explain another way — there are kids with deadly peanut allergies. We don’t implement a worldwide ban on peanut butter or Snickers. We just make sure those particular kids stay away from peanuts. This is that exact situation. Now, we’ll see what happens in “IvX”…
Terrigen Mist, it's just peanut allergies.

>forcefully giving people powers they may or may not want is some sort of "cultural legacy"
Fuck this guy

>The events were shaped by public opinion and through the viewpoints of people who saw them — or didn’t. In the world we live in today, this seems extremely plausible. People believe things firmly based on a single headline — they don’t even have to read the article. “Death of X” is already a tragedy on many levels — in part because Emma does so much in Scott’s memory that becomes increasingly terrible — but then when you realize that people end up believing whatever the hell they want to despite what seem to be the available facts… well, it’s even sadder.

Don't the Inhumans literally have someone with mental manipulation powers in charge of their PR campaign?

This doesn't explain why Storm and Magik, that SAW the whole thing, turned their backs on Scott because he was "literally Hitler".

Are Storm and Magik particularly dumb mutants?

Yes. Same with Tykeclops. He was there and he still thought his older self was Hitler.

The more you think about it, the worse Death of X and IvX gets.

>moving mutants out of the cloud’s path. The mutants don’t have to touch Terrigen at all. That is like having a fucking gun to your head and being told not worry because the gun isn't loaded yet.

So that means a fucking Mutant would have to keep an eye on every fucking weather report and then evacuate their own property because the Inhumans are fucking retards? Why not put the clouds on the moon or some place other than fucking earth?

Fuck this event and fuck Marvel. I've never hated the Inhumans more now.

Well, Soule was writing Inhumans, of course he's not gonna think they were the baddies.

That... is literally their cultural legacy.

They're not a liberal democracy and never have been. They have always been an authoritarian absolute monarchy governed by tradition. For longer than human history anywhere else in their entire universe, other than the Eternals and Deviants, who literally don't give a shit about any of the younger branches of humanity.

I mean fuck if you want to be angry about drama then be angry about drama - that's what it's for; if you just want pictures of hot chicks and hot guys spurting weird shit out of their bodies, you know what to do.

But don't get mad about the Inhumans being written as the Inhumans instead of as another goddamn super-team.

You can't really compare the Inhumans of Attilan going through the terrigen process as part of their rite of passage (which if Karnak is anything to go by, isn't even compulsory) to forcefully changing random citizens and then taking them from their own nations to make them a citizen of yours.

>So that means a fucking Mutant would have to keep an eye on every fucking weather report and then evacuate their own property because the Inhumans are fucking retards? Why not put the clouds on the moon or some place other than fucking earth?

This literally happened with every major nuclear reactor breach in the real world, fyi.

I'm not saying it's not an inconvenience or they can't be mad about it, but.... mutants literally fucked the world with the Phoenix because they could, then made millions more new mutants, because they could.

If anything, mutants - by their re-creation under Scott Summers own X-Men's direction - gave absolute legitimacy to the Inhumans also forcibly transforming flatscans into other forms of humanity.

To be honest...at least the Inhumans have a plan for what to do afterwards. Summers spent most of a decade wanking himself dry about restoring mutants (even while saying they'd be hated and feared and not everybody was going to get useful or photogenic powers), but he had no follow-up, except a creepy vibe that he was half-sure Hope was just Jean in a new body and he was gonna fuck her to find out.

Cyclops Was Right.

How is that different to mutants creating more mutants using the Phoenix power?

The Inhumans create new Inhumans all the time; they never permitted their own citizens to leave Attilan until recently. They had a force bubble preventing it.

>Karnak

I don't know if Karnak says he didn't go through with it or what, but I do know living in Attilan all his life he probably got some kind of secondary exposure to what is obviously a very powerful mutagen.

Anyway, the Inhumans aren't a liberal democracy. They're a formerly isolationist autocracy. They're being written that way - ensuring the survival of their own kind by invasion. And again - how is this different to the restoration of the mutants?

That's something that's always pissed me off about the X-Men. They're written like they genuinely think anybody who is a mutant and doesn't want to be is just kidding themselves, when cures literally exist. At the start they might have been a necessary counter to violent mutant groups like the Brotherhood, who only the X-Men would likely be able to keep tabs on through mutant communities.

Now though they're a bunch of dickheads who are arguing that what has since become essentially a lifestyle choice should be forced on random kids all over the world, without any kind of support except "you can come live in the X-Mansion, because that was the original plan for like five people and it clearly scales indefinitely".

Any other media would treat them like villains. They're the fucking Borg now, and their fans see the Inhumans do the same thing and cry "foul! that's our shit, fucker!"

Honestly? The Inhumans are at least honest about their own intentions. If the X-Men are, it's only because they have no intentions - which makes it a shame that they transformed all those kids into mutants.

I never fucking said that anything about the mutants and their phoenix fuckery. But since you insist on bringing it up constantly, I'll happily point out that when a bunch of new mutants were created, it didn't also kill a fucking subset of people.

>That... is literally their cultural legacy.
>They're not a liberal democracy and never have been. They have always been an authoritarian absolute monarchy governed by tradition.
Wouldn't make them sympathetic in any way, though. Trying to force it on everyone just means trying to rule the world. Doom got his ass kicked for less than this.

Again, if Cyclops/Emma had not destroyed one of the terrigen clouds, all mutants would have died before the events of IvX because the saturation woulda have happened much earlier.

Even when Dead, Cyclops is right.

He is only good in a couple of Non-Main universe stuff. He made the right big decisions, But he is just a dumbass unless someone is controlling him. I really can't think of a major decision he has made on his own without Jean Grey or Emma Frost's pussy-game guiding him there. If someone made a good solo series with Cyclops where he was actually doing something positive for himself then people would connect to his character more.

>How is that different to mutants creating more mutants using the Phoenix power?

That's not really fair though, because the Phoenix is a cosmic entity that was gonna do that anyway whether people liked it or not. Cyclops was just hyped about more mutants. It also doesn't gas people to death by being near them

The Phoenix was coming whether they wanted to or not. Since the Phoenix has become a harbinger of change/avatar in the form of mutation, it was going to burn the world to a crisp since it's main demographic (mutants) were practically non-existent on a global scale.

If they didn't diffuse the Phoenix and cause mutants to come back then old crazy chicken would have fried the earth extra crispy style. Plus you can't kill the Phoenix since it's a primordial force of the universe, only suppress it (Even though Scarlet Witch thinks she's so smug with "No more Phoenix"). If new mutants were not made then when the Phoenix comes back (which it seems like it is based on Jean Grey/X-Men Gold&Blue) then everyone would have to do the same AvX boogaloo all over again until they placated Big Bird by making more mutant chickadees anyway.

I will be honest that the Phoenix Force 5 were absolute shitheads, Namor especially but they were not actively genociding humanity and suppressing information about it like the everyone's favorite buzzword. Cyclops tried to prevent most of that shit even with Big Bird in his ear making him go nuts. Inhumans knew their gas was killing people and still covered it up only to have a "change of heart" when the knowledge became public and could ruin their PR. Sure their honest, which is respectable, but the issue is that they are being treated like heroic victims for their villainous actions and that pisses a lot of people off.

This.

best boy bump