This guy has got to be without a doubt the most unthreatening adaptation of any villain in any superhero movie

This guy has got to be without a doubt the most unthreatening adaptation of any villain in any superhero movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rj5XdwnuQ80
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That entire movie was trash, except for the Ghost Rider bike and jacket.

Its quite impressive to make Ghost Rider a boring movie. What doesnt help is having your hero take out every opponent in under 30 seconds

Ahem

MY NAME IS LEE-JUN FOR WE ARE MAN-EE

that's blackheart? lmao
also this

Yeah but he does blow up Congress. Blackheart goes to an abandoned factory, and goes to a biker bar, and...hires some henchmen?

He unleashed his henchmen.
Who all died very easily.
Building up to the climax where he seems unstoppable...until he dies very easily.

Was Blackheart even threatening in the comics ?

I get the feeling that his henchmen dying so quickly was supposed to make Ghost Rider look like a badass, but it didn't work somehow

one of the neater aspects of the movie was how he slowly built up his appearance over the course of the movie.
first he gets the skull
then the chain
then the bike
and later on he gets the jacket and changes the studs to spikes

The sequel was even worse. They couldn't even keep the one good thing from the first movie - the design of ghost rider

the legion of hot topic bad guys

>gets unholy power of thousand evil spirits
>COME TO MEEEE
>expect him to transform into something like his comic counterpart and finally be a badass
>he gets blue skin and red eyes and a few little spikes

biggest blue-balling ever

>kills superman
>makes superman bend to his will via THREATS
>unthreatening

its like you guys enjoy being retarded

more of his grand plan actually worked against him so hard that it makes the whole movie pointless.

other than that, the 'devil in plain sight' look actually works for him (puts people in a false sense of security).

Does anyone even like Blackheart ? The comics version, I mean.
Most people just seem to remember him from Marvel Super Heroes or the other MvC games he was a part of

I've never even seen him in a comic. No idea what he was like, he seems to have faded into obscurity.
His marvel legends figure was pretty cool though

No one with trenchcoats and sideburns like that would make me feel secure

But I get your point. The real problem is he never changes into when he fights Ghost Rider.

there's a difference between being a competent villain and being a threatening one user

was this the most mishandled of all the mishandled Marvel properties?

side note, what about this guy as Mephisto?

He was cheesy, but they guy they picked as the devil for the sequel was god awful.

feels it would be wasted if he assumes that form then still gets the exact scene.

but still, i'm guessing the transformation scene would be epic.

was the replacement actually mephisto or soft reboot another devil?

He jobbed to Miles days into the relaunch after Secret wars, and odds are he's gonna do the same to Falcon in october.

>this character accomplishes something the plot requires him to so that means he's threatening!
Sure, user,

That was pretty clever. Too bad the sequel threw all that out for no reason.

We lost the awesome bike and jacket, but on the other hand we got more action, Idris Elba, and Nicholas Cage going full ham.

The only Blackheart comic I ever liked was his first appearance in Daredevil.

I don't mind the casting if he was already shaved bald but the personality sucks

>Metal as fuck looking bad guys losing to the "muh diversity" writer's pets.

Why am I not surprised.

The latter. Though I'm pretty sure they never referred to Mephisto by name in either movie.

iirc one of blackheart's goons called him mephistopheles much to bh's chagrin (some sort of 'don't speak his name' angry)..

I like Ghost Rider. Honestly its not a masterpiece, but it's enjoyable as a B superhero movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=Rj5XdwnuQ80

And Cage is unironically the best possible casting choice to play a guy who's head lights on fire and burns all his skin away into a vengeful skeleton

Blackheart was pretty nonthreatening as a villain, but I liked his henchmen. the way they were designed after the elements was really well done.

the sequel was worse because it was basically just entirely trailerbait the movie.

Some stuff was cool. the scene where cage screams hes gonna eat that guy's soul while his eyes bug out into skull mode was hilarious.

And the idea of ghost Rider beginning to degenerate and Cage lose control over him had potential.

the new "Devil" was awful, not for lack of trying, it's just impossible to really top Peter fucking Fonda playing the stereotypical devil.

the kid was stupid, the mother was hot, but stupid, and Idris Elba was just a very strange character. The plot was generally kind of dumb, dumber than the plot of the original, and the camerawork was awful, with speed up/slow down all the fucking time.

but hey, at least we got the giant ghost rider mining machine, that was cool

Took out an entire group of avengers, including several heavy hitters and Peter, and then Miles came along and did his usual one-hit K.O. venom blast and it was over.

Oh and he looked even more "metal as fuck" when it happened.

Contrivance causes shitty plot to commence. Lazy scriptwriters cause shitty planning to be brilliant until 30 minutes before lights come on in theater. Plot device meets deus, ugly babbies who can shit post ensue.