Fabulous Flo Steinberg is dead

newsarama.com/35604-beloved-marvel-silver-age-legend-indy-comics-pioneer-fabulous-flo-steinberg-has-passed-away.html
>Steinberg achieved fan recognition in the Silver Age of Marvel Comics as the “Girl Friday” to Stan Lee, where she was often referred to as “Fabulous Flo.” Her presence was deeply felt at Marvel Comics both behind the scenes and on the page, where she provided humorous answers to the fan mail sent in and the letters column pages for Marvel books, along with copy for the “Merry Marvel Marching Society” fan club. As Marvel’s only other full-time staffer along with Lee, Steinberg was in many ways responsible for coordinating the company during a period that would become known as the “Silver Age” of comics, and is credited with helping create the dialogue with the fans that became part of the company’s persona.
RIP

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flo_Steinberg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This is kind of a big deal that most of Sup Forums will ignore though maybe Flo having been a qt will change that. That stuff about the letters and creating dialogue with the fans is a very, very important part of the company's history that helped its popularity and helped set it apart from DC in the 1960s so she played a huge though understated role in Marvel's success.

IIRC most of the fan mail was directed at her personally so she was probably more popular among fans than even Stan or Jack at the time.

You think she and Stan ever did it?

>(((Steinberg)))

And nothing of value was lost

RIP

Nice body but most wimen had no tits back then. The Jew put hgh in food go to turn women into real comic book titty heros.

Based Jews

Agreed. I have a few essentials collections and plenty of silver age marvel save on my computer and it really is amazing how much personality Flo and stan added just through things like letters and caption boxes. I was huge for the company and huge for comics as a whole.

The lady left her mark. Nothin' but respect.

user... of course they did. Just look at that slutty dress, and Stan has always been charismatic as fuck.

Can confirm, my dad had a huge crush on Flo as a kid

She was a huge part of Marvel's early success and the company's personality and atmosphere she helped create defined them for decades.

They should have appreciated her more.

HE'S RESORTED TO HUNTING THE WOMENFOLK, HE MUST BE STOPPED!

Rest in Peace.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flo_Steinberg

>She spoke at a 1974 New York Comic Art Convention panel on the role of women in comics, alongside Marie Severin, Jean Thomas (sometime-collaborator of then-husband Roy Thomas) and fan representative Irene Vartanoff.[12]

I am amused that we still have these types of things 43 years later

Don't you think it's more likely that things like push up bras that make small breasts appear larger became more popular over time?

>soon wearing platform shoes will be the norm for men self-conscious about their height

Do you think Stan Lee ever banged her?

I already sorta do something similar. Not platform just regular boots to give me a few extra inches.
If I can afford it I might look into something that gives me more.

I want a cute skinny Jewish girl.
How do I get one? Without becoming a better or more attractive person that is.

That's sad. I may not have been reading comics in the Silver Age, but I still appreciated the letters pages when scans include them and she was definitely a big part of that. People always give Lee, Ditko, Kirby and the like most of the credit but she really was one of Marvel's unsung heroes.

I kinda doubt it. Stan was sort of famously devoted to his wife. And Joan wasn't exactly a dog herself.

Nah. I don't think in bs. As someone who hangs around Social media a lot, I see teen girls who are not even fat with big tits.

Hgh is a steriod in most modern food.

Most men don't or want to wear high heel boots. They look even more faggy irl.

F
I remember finding out about her because of that What If comic where the original Marvel Bullpen became the FF. Stan was Mr. Fantasic, Flo was the Invisible Girl, Jack Kirby was The Thing and Sol Brodsky was the Torch.
And now they're all dead except for Stan, pretty sad.

hit that torrah

Does she look Asian to anybody?

I didn't knew about her. It's a shame, really. Wonder what Stan is thinking now.

Mods really ought to sticky this

Joan was literally a professional model.

>1974
>What's it like being a woman in comics?
>2017
>2060

So did my Russian Jewish grandmother. The short answer is Genghis Khan

A YouTuber several years ago impersonating Stan was raking him over the coals over his treatment of Jack Kirby and the gags devolved into "Stan" claiming he was fucking Roz Kirby.

This has been a running gag on Sup Forums ever since. I don't think there's been even a rumor that Stan ever LOOKED at another woman much less cheated on Joan with one. I'm amazed he pulled himself together enough to attend SDCC only a few weeks afterward.

>Magazine Management
BTW, this was a relatively sleazy publisher that owned Timely/Marvel. MM were on the floor above Marvel's and churned out the last generation of men's magazine pulp rags that constantly lost money and relied on Marvel to prop them up. Flo and other women working at Marvel often modeled for the lurid covers of MM publications for extra cash.

What was once a running gag became a rumor that morons take as fact because of course they do.

Seriously, somebody sticky this. This is way more important than more MCUshit. Marvel as we knew it wouldn't have existed without the good will she bolstered.

Sup Forums doesn't care about comics

Bump

>youtuber

How new are you? The fucking Jack Kirby's wife thing came from an old X-Play skit Roger the Stan Lee experience. I don't think Youtube even existed when they started doing that shit.

IIRC Ditko based Betty Brant's design off of Flo Steinberg

Wait how did typical fans know how the Marvel people looked before cons?

Well back in the 60s, part of Marvel's charm was the fact that they advertised who was bringing people their comics (who was writing, who was drawing, etc.) and Stan, being the cheerleader, also advertised company members because it was so small and Flo was a favorite of Stan's as she helped out with the fan letters.

Sup Forums jizzes over Rocket Raccoon but doesn't give a fuck about Bill Mantlo

damn mods

>Bill Mantlo
You butt.
I thought you were saying Bill Mantlo had died

The Merry Marvel Bullpen and all that.

I've never hated Sup Forums more than this.