Marvel Legacy is the future of Marvel Comics

Marvel Legacy is the future of Marvel Comics.

Other urls found in this thread:

comicsbeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Bookscan-16-Top-750_sheet.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

when will your balls drop op

>One store in Ireland

I know people shitpost this every time, but it's not that far off from the normal market demand.

I think you probably still get top 10 sales when it comes out from bigger shops hoping for walk-ins, but it's going to be rough like even a month in on the ongoings.

This comic store must be located in area where not that many people read comics. My comic store is excited for Marvel Legacy .

They'll overship it regardless, stores should downplay the orders.
Hello intern.

this shop in the midwest has 3.

I talk to LCS owner in between rounds of MtG, and he's really upset with Marvel.

Jesus

This is very telling

I wonder if there will be an uproar here if Legacy fails

THE INDUSTRY IS CHANGED FOREVER THANKS MARLEL

Probably just a couple of threads laughing at Marvel as another relaunch falls flat on its face

>Probably just a couple of threads

I know the ComicsPRO (the retailer group) has some anxiety in regards to Marvel Legacy

You can't be serious. They're just aping Rebirth? God how low can Marvel go?

I feel bad for the real people getting hurt by Marvel's bullshit, but this kind of failure almost needs to happen for them to learn.

I see nothing here to contradict that.

RIP Marvlel

My LCS owner says DC-heavy pulls are pretty much the norm at this point. He orders very low on Marvel stuff.

none of the revealed titles with marlel legacy sound interesting. unless they pull something really good out their ass, it looks like another flop.

Store in Nashville, we have 2 people who ordered it.

Kek not even, they are aping 52

There's plenty of Marvel books that are sub only at this point.

>This comic store must be located on Earth.

A weekly? But those always go so poorly for Marvel.

Whoa. How did you get to a fictional place? Can I go there too?

He meant to say New 52. There happens to be 52 titles in Legacy, but they may have just added 6 one shots and another book.

If they were aping rebirth, people might actually be excited for this

I frequent two LCS's and neither of them are doing to great with Marvel.
One of them even downsized his Marvel section in favor of popular Manga titles (Something he once refused to sell for 20 years because he just didn't have enough room for them in his hole in the wall comic shop) because he just isn't making any profit off Marvel anymore.

Subs are better for publishers as they represent a solid 1:1 printing:consumer ratio.

LCS over-ordering might bring in more money for publishers, but it doesn't help them to know how many actual readers they have.

The danger of blind release through intermediaries is that you never know if anybody's reading. It's also why most publishing of periodicals is sale-or-return (but that doesn't work in comics, as DC proved last year with record numbers of returns, because retailers ordered high to get variants).

I guess we'll see if John is right when September's sales figures are out at the end of October. It's an awfully long wait, maybe he's trying to, I don't know, drum up sales that will benefit his business between now and the end of September when the book is actually released? Or is it the end of August because of the cover date. Imagine that, a comic book store owner advertising a comic book and literally asking for pre-orders at least six weeks before a comic book comes out...

As per the latest comicchron, these titles are below 20K unit sales

Nick Fury - 12,689
America - 12,624
Monsters Unleashed - 12,033
Elektra - 11,579
Kingpin - 11,218
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl - 10,937
Occupy Avengers - 10,404
Bullseye - 10,398
Unstoppable Wasp - 8,051
Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur - 7,731

Shill threads are against the rules

Get religion of peace'd you potato niggers

and of those

>Unbeatable Squirrel Girl - 10,937

this is the only one where the "sells better in trades" is measurably true (Moon Girl likely does too but without actual Scholastic figures I'm not really going to trust Marvel's narrative)

>Elektra - 11,579
>Kingpin - 11,218
There's an Elektra comic?
There's a fucking KINGPIN comic?
For fucking how long?

>Unbeatable Squirrel Girl - 10,937
And they're both somehow doing better than a title that Marvel kept trying to shove down our throats?

Sad to see a couple of good books there, but happy that most of the worst books are. The DD spin offs were always stealth minis. Still don't know why they even bothered with Monsters Unleashed after the event.

What the fuck is going on? Clearly I should be paying attention to shit.

>Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur - 7,731
It's never sold and yet they keep it alive.

What are the trade numbers? Why even bother doing monthlies if a trade ever 6-9 months does better?

They cancel FF for ''''low sales''' but they keep pushing this shit.

>Nick Fury
>Monsters Unleashed
>Elektra
>Kingpin
>Bullseye

What is even happening in these books? Were any of them storytimed lately?

>Occupy Avengers
fucking rip Hawkguy's road trip

In the sub-7K range
comicsbeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Bookscan-16-Top-750_sheet.htm

So the idea that it sells better in a non-Direct Market environment is a lie.

Nick Fury is a great artist showcase book with pulpy Steranko-like fantastic spy adventures. Every issue is a different mission and standalone, aside from one recurring rival character being introduced in the first issue.

>Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol. 1 Squirrel Power 6,838 (2015)
>Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol. 1 Squirrel Power 514 (Jan 2016)
>Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol. 1 Squirrel Power 428 (May 2016)
>Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol. 1 Squirrel Power 482 (July 2016)
>Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol. 1 Squirrel Power 567 (August 2016)
>Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol. 1 Squirrel Power 576 (September 2016)
>Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol. 1 Squirrel Power 389 (October 2016)
>Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol. 1 Squirrel Power 371 (January 2017)
>Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol. 1 Squirrel Power 536 (May 2017)

>Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol. 2 Squirrel You Know Its Tru 3,199

>Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol. 3 Squirrel Really Got Me No 2,340

>Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol. 5 Only Squirrel In World 2,151

Also it's all ages

Should have given it a more fitting title. Midwest Avengers or some shit.

Elektra and Bullseye was. Bullseye was an admitted miniseries, but Kingpin and Elektra were stealth ones.
Someone does Monsters Unleashed every week.

Basically the only books that show up every year that did better at Marvel were Civil War, Star Wars, Deadpool, Ms Marvel, and Old Man Logan.

>if a trade ever 6-9 months does better?

Most don't.

You've made two mistakes: that's 8k not 7k and not understanding that the sales increased from last year, which is unusual a year after the trade was released.

We're talking bookstore market not LCS.

Gwenpool is usually in the 15k range too, it got bumped last month because of the MJ variant.

Sorry, I thought someone had asked for the Moon Girl numbers, those are 7K in that list.

Fair enough. I guess for her though people have said that with Scholastic even the worst selling books there sell 100k+ but I haven't seen a real source for that information so I can't guess how Moon Girl might really be doing.

But it mostly seems like Marvel should shit or get off the pot. Push it as OGNs or commit to a larger kids line where lower sales are fine like what DC does with the Scooby Doo books. Right now it just seems dumb because it get lumped with the main books.

I am a DC shill as much as the next guy, but you guys are fooling yourself if you don't think this Legacy one shot won't be in the top 10 of whatever comics come out that month

We're just talking about Moon Girl right now senpai, chill out

B-buh-but she is the smartest person the MU!!!

ITS CANON!!

>Fair enough. I guess for her though people have said that with Scholastic even the worst selling books there sell 100k+ but I haven't seen a real source for that information so I can't guess how Moon Girl might really be doing.

'cept these numbers are the bookscan numbers, not the LCS numbers.

so at least it gives you an idea how it sells in retail bookstores

>tfw Reed comes back that makes Doom 3rd smartest

They have the rights to Moon Girl

I've heard several owners comment that the lenticular and the t-shirt variants have super-high requirements.

Like the Iron Man comic requires 225% of your orders of Invincible Iron-Man #9 or something like that.

MARVEL HAS NOT LEARNED ANYTHING!

Important thing to note that Squirrel Girl and Moon Girl are being sold in 3 markets that is LCS, Bookstore and scholastic. These books sell really well in the latter 2. For comparison DC's Superhero Girls sold much more in scholastic market than it did in Bookstore market.

This is truly disgusting

And there's also the chance of the lenticular covers being allocated, so you jump thru the hoops to qualify for lenticular legacy covers, which are shit tbw, and then you only get 5-6 because your order was allocated, meanwhile you're stuck with a hundred copies of regular covers you won't sell...

>Unsellable Squirrel Girl
>Unsellable Wasp
JUST

>Inhuman
They may, but sure as fuck she's not getting in the movies any time soon.

You know, marvel hq isn't technically a comic shop.
They don't sell them, just ruin them there.

I always thought it was the unreadable squirrel girl

But Moon Girl gives them those sweet sweet diversity headlines

>But Moon Girl gives them those sweet sweet diversity headlines
>proceeds to make Mary Jane black
Done.

I console myself with the fact that a comic I like is at least not in the bottom 10.

Are the Scholastic numbers included in Bookscan? Cuz I seem to remember DC Superhero Girls being higher than USG and Moon Girl

No, Scholastic numbers are private. DC Super Hero Girls: Finals Crisis outsold everything that Marvel had in the bookscan numbers except for Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe and Civil War 1, and that was while only being on the market for one month before the numbers cut off.

I really wonder what Marvel can do. I don't think they can save themselves now.

Marvel's going to change the industry with Legacy by forcing many of the really heavy Marvel stores into bankruptcy. How can one company be so based?

Well, first problem: your name is "Big Bang", which makes me think of Big Bang Theory, which makes me physically ill.

Marvel has fucked up so reliably lately that you can't blame any fans for nothing trusting their next move.

>I really wonder what Marvel can do.
Maybe they can listen to their customers and retailers, produce products that they want and treat them with respect like DC did with Rebirth? LOL

Offer Ike as a sacrifice to Moloch.

It worked with the DCEU and Zack's daughter.

Does the actual big bang theory also make you ill?

He must be a creationist.

Semi related, does anyone know how that Marvel Archie digest sold?