Aquaman

Is anyone else worried that half his lines in the trailer are 'Yeah!!!!', 'Woohooo!' etc? How do you feel about Aquadudebro?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/ComicBookDebate/status/888852134451703809
streamable.com/ryvzx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Aquadudebro
I would rather have clean-shaved, controlled and responsible Arthur. Momoa's Aquaman feels really out of character.

since momoa can't act for shit, i' wouldn't be surprised if that's all he says.

I see no issue

I'm glad he's not the 90s edge I thought he would be. He's intimidating, yet, fun at the same time.

They're giving him a gimmick other than good guy.

Nobody likes the character Aquaman, that's why WB changed him completely. According to twitter, it worked

Because they made everyone else mopey and they don't have Hal in this movie that had to make the second fun guy (alongside Flash) someone else.

That being said I hate it and like the above user said Momoa can't fucking act.

>Nobody likes the character Aquaman
Aquaman alone sells more than the entire Inhuman royal family and Namor put together.

He looks cool and would be the kind of dude you smoke weed with because he's chill as fuck.

So your telling me you what a shitty aquaman that people make fun of him and make jokes about him

>Nobody likes the character Aquaman
People who never touched an Aquaman book don't like him, yeah.

Wasn't there a bit about Aquaman drinking and fighting over a lobster in a restaurant a time ago? doesn't seem responsible to me.

This. I feel the same about Superman and Batman feeling being out of character in these movies.

Why even give them the same name if they're going to be OC's with only superficial similarities?

This. Hammy Aqua Man harms no one.

Yeah, it's a little unimpressive, but out of all the problems I see with this movie, that's the least of it I can see. Frankly, the biggest problem is that Steppenwolf seems likely to be shit. They're teasing by not showing him full-on in any of the trailers to make it seem like he's something special, but from the toy line, the real reason seems to be because his face looks fucking stupid. I doubt he'll be able to escape the fact that he's a stopgap villain until Darkseid, and his armor just looks like Ares from Wonder Woman.

Best Aquaman

It was in the very shitty adaptation of throne o atlantis.
Also, to be fair , his dad died and he was drunk.

>worried about Aquaman
nah...its outrageous.
Im hoping for a Monkees style musical number in the middle of the film where he plays the guitar (shaped like a sea shell)

I'm happy we're getting boisterous Arthur, as oposed to edgy Arthur.

I'm content with this take.

#notmyaquaman #stopblondegenocide #backtothekhalasaraquadrogo etc...

Seems like a combo of 90s Edge Man and AquaHam from brave and bold.
(I liked Bronze Age Aquaman but Im cool with the other versions of him)

He seems pretty close to BtatB Aquaman with some of PAD's Aquaman, and I'm totally okay with that.

He's outrageously cool.

On this I agree.

"Laid Back Aquaman" is better than "Try Hard Aquaman".

Both are below "Responsible Aquaman" though.

Maybe the movie will have the same circunstances

I'm glad Aquaman's all jubilant and shit in this universe, way better than being 100% dead serious all the time as he is in other media.

This. I want a king, not this tryhard surfer

It's fine, but I hope they include some of the comic version's conflict. Like, make it so that this dudebro attitude is just on the battlefield while he's cutting loose, but with other matters, like ruling Atlantis, he's more stern and lowkey because of how much he hates it. One of the things that appealed to me about Aquaman in the nu52 was how he felt he had to be king, but all he really wanted was to live a simple life in a lighthouse with his hot redhead.

>Both are below "Responsible Aquaman" though.

For sure, but we might be getting that Aquaman in his own movie, seeing as that movie deals with Atlantis, whereas here is just him teaming up with a dude dressed as a bat because shit's about to go down.

And if you packaged Johnny Depp's feces, it'd sell more than mine, doesn't make it not shit.

Everyone else in the trailer was just talking. No cadence or emotion in any of their lines. I felt like I was watching some first year film students who don't know how to deliver anything with some sort of impact. I don't know how that happened with all these professionals that I know have given good performances before. At least he showed some feeling instead of reciting like a robot.

Just kill yourself, Marvelshill

Is this the year of Aquaman Sup Forums?

Normies don't read comics and these movies are made for normies. They couldn't make profit with a shrinking demographic of neckbeards

Why hasn't the Aquaman trailer been uploaded yet?

Did they even show one?

No. Just a throwaway preview.

>momoa can't act
>turning him into a bro is the easiest way to hide this AND try to sway him away from the aquaman is lame pop culture jokes

Think about it. Why do you think Gadot's WW worked so well? Because she was naive and Jenkins played to her lack of acting ability. Meanwhile, for the 12 or so lines she had in BvS, she was horrible.

When we first saw him in BvS I assumed we were getting a cool Polynesian/Maori warrior type thing.
Dudebro feels like a step down but until JL I'll withhold a judgement.

>trying to be DC's Thor

Hope Snyder's gimmick backfires

he is still playing the same character from stargate atlantis right, in every movie the same type of character

Are you retarded? Who gives a shit, probably like 90% of box office earnings come from people who have never read a comic in their life, let alone an Aquaman one.

Was fighter pack 2 teased yesterday.

There's no similarly between this guy and Thor.

Well I am worried now.

Hal is the second fun guy in JL? Every time I read a book with him part of the group, he just comes off as the straight man.

Thor is shit now with his normie haricut

That said at least he is allowed to be badass.

>Allow me to welcome you properly.
Good facial animation. I could actually read his lips.

Could I have some links to this twitter stuff?

This.
Could habe been better but it could have been so much fucking worse

True.

Are you fucking blind? His skin tone is a little darker, but other than that he is a carbon copy lookwise of Thor in his first solo movie

He has an armor and that's it. Thir was an arrogant prince shallow prince, this is an adventurer and a biker rebel trope. I know you probably only consume capeshit so for you different stereotypes are the same shit.

>literally sea Thor
>literally angry Black Panther
>literally black Iron Man
>literally faster Spider-Man
>literally sad Captain America
>villain literally ares/doomsday/that guy from ss v.4

I'm more concerned over his facial hair having the biodiversity of a coral reef.

It's possible they're just basing him on his younger years and will make him more serious going forward. In the New 52 he was quite rowdy when he first became Aquaman and later grew into his role as king.

See Now shut up Aquashit.

t. Inhuman and Namor fan upset because they are below Aquaman

Woohooo!

Batman's the only character allowed to have any presence in this universe. Nobody can challenge his leadership.
Hell, that's literally why Superman had to die; otherwise people might follow him too easily instead.

He looks fucking dirty

Nah, he says "Get the hell out of my property"

Aquaman being kind of a loose cannon badass isn't completely out of the place, since Aquaman has had that element to his character for awhile, especially in his early days, but I do dislike that they're sort of using that as an excuse to make Aquaman into a dudebro. He should be a little less restrained, cockier, more arrogant, and more willing to use lethal force, but they could that without all the, 'WHOOO! YEAAH!" bullshit too.

This. Aquaman and Flash are just there to fill roles. WW the passive second in command.

I'm so fucking sick of Batman.

I like Namor better and like the old Inhumans but yeah Aquaman was always bigger. And now with Sejic on art I am buying it.

>Sejic and Momoa save Aquaman

watch Frontier. He was actually a producer for it. He's not a great actor, but he knows what he can do and he can do it well

and far better than gadot and look how much people are falling over eachother to praise that mediocre move

I am glad the film shows how high he can jump.
Lets hope they show how fast he can swim.

Hopefully that is the case yeah.

I would laugh so fucking that if that was literally all Aquaman ever said

It was about as good as a typical MCU movie

>How do you feel about Aquadudebro?

It can't get any worse than BvS and Suicide Squad, so I'm okay with it. Aquabro looks like fun.

Kid asks him if Superman is alive.
twitter.com/ComicBookDebate/status/888852134451703809
Aquaman encounters kid again while signing autographs.
streamable.com/ryvzx

He'll be a fine for the role.

B&B had a hearty golden age hero. This is just "fuggin ebin :DDDD"

>ITT moviebob samefagging the thread.

Best aquaman ever.

I thought his hobo looks were because he was pissed at the world and had a bad experience with Atlantis already but later will come back to his normal look...at least that's what i'm hoping for.

Momoa's a cool dude.

It would be great if he acts like this while doing heroics and shit, but goes full responsible and serious whenever his kingly duties come up.

Seems like David's Arthur to me.

damn, he can make anyone looks cool

Mamoa works decently well for a 90s type aquaman.

Ashame that we'll never see Mamoa play Lobo though

>we'll never see Mamoa play Lobo

Aw, fuck user, I don't even like Lobo that much and I now want to see that.

Damn, this is awesome. Momoa is pretty based desu.

I'm more worried than even at that, he was one of the best things about the trailer. Everything seemed so fucking boring and cliche.

that would be great and this is the one time I would say casting him in same universe would be ok. Actually screw shared universe, Lobo wouldn't work well in the movies. Just make an over the top Deadpool style movie for Lobo, let Momoa make a few jokes about fish and how he loves dolphins best and I'm on board

Name one live action aquaman actor that wasnt an aquadudebro.

agreed

But what if that's just how fish talk?

Like what the fuck else is a dolphin gonna say?

> 'Yeah!!!!', 'Woohooo!' etc? How do you feel about Aquadudebro?"

I was gonna say the same thing. I like over excited energetic Aquaman.

Eh, honestly I kinda buy his book for Mera and Black Manta. Kinda like how I watch Seinfeld mostly for George and Kramer. I mean, he's starting to grow on me but at first I thought he was kinda bland

The are literally just taking his most beloved incarnation and putting it to screen. See People like the boisterous Aquaman.

Oh hai Aqua Thor

>aquaman is lame pop culture jokes

Literally who even remembers Aquaman as a joke? Wouldn't most casuals just not know him at all and people under 40 only be familiar with all serious all the time no jk guys N52 Aquaman? Is this even a thing or have I been living under a rock all those years?

Best aquaman.

Man, now i kind of want rocky iv dolph lundgren to play arthur

I don't remember him as a joke, but I do remember him as the boring serious guy without a hand, whose powers where never really all that clear. To my shame I was more interested in Batman, Nightwing, Flash... and... Kyle Rayner. Don't kill me!

Lundgren is actually part of the Aquaman's cast.