Is Vigilante DC's most underated character?

Is Vigilante DC's most underated character?

Literally who?

he's sort of like DC's take on the punisher

That's cool. Does he have legitimate reasons for being lethal? Also, does he have a skiing fetish?

As an indefatigable Manhattan District Attorney, Adrian Chase worked doggedly within the system to dismantle the city's Mafia infrastructure. He even frequently worked with the city's resident superhero team, the New Teen Titans. But when Chase's wife Doris, son Adam, and daughter Drew were killed by a bomb planted by the Scarapelli mob family, Chase sought his own justice as the Vigilante.

Well, alright!

So...should I be checking out the Wolfman run then?

Wasn't the based cowboy from JLU also called Vigilante? How many of them are there? Can someone give me the rundown on the Vigilantes?
Also, Vigilante is the most generic superhero name ever.

Vigilante, Wild-Dog, Manhunter team up when?

That said, the correct response is Enemy Ace

Just read the whole thing, he gets a pretty definitive ending.

Cowboy Vigilante was a Golden Age crime buster who fought crime with two six shooters, a stetson and a motorcycle. He got sent back to the old West and by the time the other JSA guys found him he was an old man who had an entire career as a gunslinger in the past he idolized.

He's the Punisher for adults as the story doesn't reduce criminals to one dimensional monsters. It explores the socioeconomic aspects of crime. A child molester is just as human as you and me, and a pair of issues brilliantly explore this fact.

I feel like Elongated Man is really overshadowed by Plastic Man. I like the latter better, but Ralph is still a pretty cool character.

Kupperberg's series is arguably one of the best things DC ever published
the storytime of it was a pure joy to read

I miss all the damn storytimes

Who wins in a battle between Stretch Armstrong, Plastic Man, Mr. Fantastic and Elongated Man?

>A child molester is just as human as you and me

the fuck

He's up there. I'm glad he's getting a little more exposure now.

It's nice that DC just put out a softcover of some of the old issues. I hope they don't cancel the rest of the line like Sandman Mystery Theatre

Plastic Man. He's not just a stretchy guy.

I highly recommend it, if you're annoyed by the lack of nuance found in Punisher comics.

This. Also Nexus.

It's true. Pedos don't just molest kids and recede into a black pit. While The Punisher would just blow them away,in Vigilante we get to learn who they are.

the two Moore ones?
Eh, hated them myself, thought they stuck out like a sore thumb

He's the Punisher if he felt remorse about what he does. If that doesn't sound like the tightest shit then you can get out of my face.

Where's his cowboy hat?

>DC's most underated character?
Close but not quite OP

No, he had his own comic back in the 80s