Tfw deprived of a qt redhead protagonist

>tfw deprived of a qt redhead protagonist

what were they thinking?

Other urls found in this thread:

vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/07/dunkirk-oscar-strategy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>what were they thinking?
[Spoiler]bottle[\spoiler]blondes have more fun?

that was the least of its problem for what i have heard.

Didn't this get some anime adaptation?

Someone in the casting department had a incest fetish and went out their way to find the two biggest actors who look like twins.

Why the fuck does every suit of sci-fi armour look exactly the same these days?

that is far too credible

Someone in a storytime said that Luc Besson felt he'd done the redhead thing too often since Laureline is his waifu.

Besson has done the movie thing too often

That geriatric needs to retire before he humiliates himself to death.

>Cara 'I look like a boy' Delememe

Redhead erasure is a serious problem in cinema today.

>tfw deprived of a manly strong jawed protagonist
What were they thinking?

FLOPPPP

YOU USED TO SAY LIVE AND LET LIVE

There are more gays in America than redheads.

You know you did.

I watched that movie for the first time today and I can't imagine how silly Morgan Freeman felt giving that speech about the urban legend of humans not using most of their brains. Worst movie about a person turning into a Pillar Man that I've ever seen.

What the fuck is up with (((hollywoods))) hateboner for redheads. First they make jimmy olsen black, they make annie black, they make mj a something, and now this.

Cara Diarrheavagine is a "big deal"

They were trying to milk it while she is still relevant

Redhead qts matter.

So is this gonna be a bigger flop than John Carter?

I wanted this movie to be 5th Element 2 Electric Boogaloo so bad.

But it's Phantom Menace level bad. It's nearly unwatchable.

If Batgirl ain't a redhead then you definitely know something's up with this redhead erasing.

What are some actually good space operas besides Star Wars?

I had fun.

Too many niggas played Mass Effect

It needs to lose $200 million+ to beat it.

>Production Budget: $209.184 million

Jesus Christ, what were they thinking? Valerian is most popular in Europe, and Europe HATES big budget CGI spectaculars. It's obviously bombing in America, and I'm not sure China's going to save it.

Someone let the production budget get out of hand and didn't check in until it was too late. It's a common trend with major flops.

This systematic Ginger eraser needs to stop. Plus the guy doesn't look like a manly pulp hero either.

I liked John Carter tho. Is that supposed to be a reflection on the movie or the marketing?

The actors, looking into their eyes, I can see they have no souls.

They're actors user, of course they don't have souls.
>they sold them to the devil for fame and fortune

Seems like the Valerian movie is biting Mass Effect pretty hard in general, they even copied the fucking logo

John Carter already got outflopped by The Lone Ranger.

They're much too white.

They should be happy to get any at all considering how few of them actually exist vs how many you see in the media

So they go with blondes? I thought the narrative was that they hate blondes more than anyone. Why is it so hard to accept there aren't that many redheads around?

Lucy is the single movie in my entire life I legitametly considered wlaking out off.
It baffles me that at no single point anyone who was filming\editing it asked themselves what the fuck were they doing.

It's not popular in "Europe", it's only popular in France. Europe as a whole doesn't give a fuck about it.

I honestly thought they were siblings in the trailer and I was wondering why they were about to fuck at the start

by the way the first 10 minutes is the best part of the movie

It was the same in the faux-anime cartoon. I think the suits don't want to accept the idea of the character looking adult. They probably had focus groups telling them kids don't like it.

>foreign movie
>american domestic
The really fucking sad state of this board, damn.

He made that religious documentary series, he is used to say stupid stuff by now.

vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/07/dunkirk-oscar-strategy
>As it stands, however, the Frenchman believes moviegoers will likely divide along generational lines. “Everyone under 50 will go see Valerian,” Besson says, “and everyone above 50 will go see Dunkirk.”
This guy is a real Nostradamus.

JUST.

See .

redheads are shit

Before I knew First Class would be the Xavier/Magneto show and thought it might be about Scott and Jean, I really had her stuck in my head as Jean. Looks like she'd have looked good in red.

So you mean to tell me this 200 million dollar movie is failing, and even in Europe, the place where it should get at least some bump due to familiarity, it's crashing and burning?

Heads are gonna roll with this expensive flop. I mean, damn, talk about a bloated budget.

>Intl Wknd
>Dom Wknd
>no Wwd Wknd
>no WBOEst.
Really activates my jimnies.

Besson literally thought "too similar to Leeloo"

But Leeloo was red-haired because of Laureline

>It was the same in the faux-anime cartoon

???

France here, the familiarity really isn't that high. I'd wager most people had never heard of Valerian before the movie news started rolling.
>Heads are gonna roll with this expensive flop
Besson produced it so I don't see how that would happen.

It's basically yet another Luc Besson vanity project.

It wasn't really any dumber than the Fifth Element.

It was pretty fun, just blunt and overindulgent.

All those threads on this movie being a dissaster makes me want to watch it more.

The good thing is I expect not much from it, so it only can be better.

It's not really a disaster anyway.
Not a great movie, but I honestly think people are blinded by Fifth Element nostalgia if they think this was such a downgrade

This looks nice. Where can I watch this without the fucking lazy english dub, tho?

My only expectations were: It just has to be better than Lucy.

I'd put it on the same level or even worse than Lucy.

Jupiter Ascending is its spiritual prequel and a much superior movie for being laughably bad and at the very least having competent actors.

Completely wrong

>I sure showed him!! XD

I can agree with that. My problem with it wasnt that it was dumb fun, but rather the casting.

I only bought Cara for, like, 50% of her lines. She was hit and miss for me.

But Dane was a problem for me. None of his lines as Valerian landed for me. The script tells me he is this super charismatic action hero, but I never bought it. The camera loved Bruce Willis enough for him to carry the 5th Element, but Dane doesnt have that.

The two of them, together, needed to have chemistry for the movie to work. But that didnt happen.

For a movie that spent so much and did so much detail work, its weird that they miscast their main characters so hard.

Tell that to nigs and fags too.

I bought each of them about 50%.
Dane, yes, he's not a super charismatic action hero, but he has this really odd swagger to him. I've noticed it in other films he's headlined too.

Sometimes I bought into him as Valerian because of the contrast, other times he could have used a punchier line read.

Agreed on no chemistry, but that's mainly because they expect us to buy that they're at the engagement stage, without showing any development to it. I'd have bought it more easily if it was still belligerent sexual tension or thereabout.

Was he putting on that shitty voice?

I felt like I was watching a prepubescent child with major sleep deprivation trying to sound like a gritty action hero.

But TPM is great?

as a male bisexual hetero-lesbian i must say i loved this movie. it was less about sex but more about fucking visual explosion and fantasy story. the end was kinda not what i was expecting.

i love the movie.

>Laureline starts punching the villain
>cuts away for 3 minutes
>cuts back she's still fucking punching him

That was fantastic.

I liked it a lot but it was similar to the Star Wars prequels in many ways.
Pushing CG and CG environments and characters to the limit, awkward line reads, constant obvious mistimed ADR, etc.

It felt like George Lucas made it, and I loved it.

What Star Wars 7 should have looked like IMO.

What it really shines is that it, like Avatar, had an immersive cgi environment, not one that came off as too flat.

Stuff like the Big Market scenes and the various chases really were very fun due to not being restrained because nothing there.

Did you catch when Laureline said "I am not putting my head in that thing's (mouth)" or something of the like and it's really obvious she said "ass"? Why didn't they just fucking retake that shot or cut away instead???

God it was like I was watching a PG recut of a movie on a kids TV channel.

I got some Avatar, yeah. But I was feeling the prequels alk throughout. Got Coruscant vibes, Naboo ses monster vibes, etc.
The Mül felt like a cross between the Na'vi and the Kaminoans.

Yeah, I see the Na'vi in there, but unlike the Na'vi they're not retards.

Yeah, there were a lot of moments like that.
I think there was a lot of story reshuffling after shooting wrapped.

I agree. I was applying the same idea to reheads. not sure why redheads get the victim card here while everyone else gets shit for it. Even though redheads are barely 1% and are still in a decent number of cartoons, animated movies, and live action stuff.

>go from native beach niggers with zero tech to literal space engineers in a hilariously short period of time

They were very intelligent though. Intelligent enough to have created Paradise.

Yeah, it was so fucking hilarious.
I think they tried to handwave it away by saying that their brainwave powers (the kind that allowed the Princess to possess Valerian) made them capable of understanding this shit, but it's funny either way

Get better at watching movies. They were much more advanced than humans as they had created a sustained paradise.

They hadn't created it, it was just their environment.

Yes they did. I am speaking of the culture theu created. It was conflict free. Something we can't do.

That has nothing to do with understanding, modifying, and then creating advanced technology.

It's because they were all one race (species).

the dude was such a miscast. Valerian is a dudes dude, and the actor should look like one. good jaw line etc. Instead we got a guy that looks nothing like that.

If you think about it, scifi armour and suits always look the same as everything that came out in the same decade, they only look different compared to previous decades.

Besson was trying to portray his as a douche, and Dehaan nailed it.

There won't be any major fallout. The entire cast will still be able to find work and the studio will just write the film off on their taxes

It does though. More intelligent and wise would mean good learners.

I never got a particularly manly vibe from the handful of comics I read really, but then again the artist draws everyone with sort of big heads.

Too bad he was 100% unlikable and ugly as sin.

>zero knowledge and experience with electricity
>implying they wouldn't electrocute themselves to death before being able to access the information on board a non-functioning ship

also how the fuck did they have oxygen???

Again, they are shown to be enlightened compared to the savages waging war in their skies.
I think they can figure out our tech.

>somehow having oxygen in a non-functioning space vessel
Okay.

Those two were THE main problem of the movie (together with half of the movie not even contributing to the plot).
See those facial expressions they have?
Those are the ones they have through 99% of the movie.

They said "damaged", not non functional.

you're damaged, user

4u

Some of the people working behind the scenes on the film looked more like Valerian than him...

Even worse was the special features of that movie where Besson says "it's totally possible guys, we just haven't figured out the science yet"

Because the disproportionate amount of redheads in the media gave many of us unrealistic fetishes.

>Besson literally believing the 10% myth