Where in Africa is Wakanda supposed to be, and why isn't it flooded by refugees from neighboring shitty countries...

Where in Africa is Wakanda supposed to be, and why isn't it flooded by refugees from neighboring shitty countries? How did it avoid being colonized in the 19th century before the technology existed to use vibranium usefully?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wakanda_(comics)
pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Lion-Man
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Latveria never gets these kinds of questions.

>How did it avoid being colonized in the 19th century before the technology existed to use vibranium usefully?
Wakanda is literally hundreds of thousands of years older than the Homo Sapiens and always powerful.

Why is Sup Forums so obsessed with Wakanda?

Here's a crazy idea.
Why don't you, stay with me cause it get confusing here, actually read some black panther comics?

Next to KwaZulu probably

wakandas specific location is never addressed or only glanced because its not important
most people dont even know where gotham is beyond "eastern seaboard", although it is occasionally depicted near new jeresy

why isnt it flooded? you would think a xenophobic isolationist country would prevent that kind of thing, and the thick jungles would probably keep them away anyways

How did it avoid being colonized in the 19th century before the technology existed to use vibranium usefully?
how did ethiopia avoid it?
also, they used vibranium spears, they are occasionally depicted firing vibranium from catapults as well, and wakanda was always an advanced nation, so they probably knew how to fashion simple vibranium weapons

is OP a racist faggot who wants all african countries to look the same? maybe

they built a wall

supposedly, somewhere between Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania, around Lake Victoria.

Reminder that Hudlin's Wakandawankery fucked Black Panther's lore so badly that Marvel used "Avengers vs X-Men" to destroy that Mary Suetopia so they could make actual good stories.

Wakanda turns away refugees at their gigantic Panther door. I'll find the page explaining how the needs of the people in Wakanda are greater then those suffering outside the walls.

Wakanda itself was using flying cars when every other country had horses and buggies. Black Panthers were the protectors and killed anyone who came close to entering the city.

They also found alien spaceships when they settled in Wakanda much like Apocalypse except it didn't turn any of them into a Celestial monster. They've been reverse engineering it for centuries. Vibranium itself has properties unlike any other material so its the McGuffin that gives them access to any technology they want to make.

Basically Wakanda is a selfish fucking country that hoards everything. They also have access to old gods which they commune with.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wakanda_(comics)

This is the answer you need, OP. The rest of posts are likely to be Sup Forums and Sup Forums shitposting; the lowest form of shitposting.

Because you touch yourself at night.

Don't we all?

So essentially it's like North Korea, but less funny and with ugly brown women.

It's in East Africa, right on the southern border of Ethiopia, between it and Kenya.

plays into their BLACKED subscriptions

>why isn't it flooded by refugees from neighboring shitty countries?

They literally built a wall.

It's just a chunk of Ethiopia cut off.

i wouldn't touch him

not even with your hands

>Trump is actually a Wakandan wearing whiteface

but that's racist.... so I'm told

They're pretty based.

Latveria was part of the Soviet Bloc until Doom liberated them. That gives us a general idea of where it is and it's place in history.

Source on the alien spaceships?

>[Deleted]

What did the Wakanda internet defense force mean by this?

Its nothing like North Korea. Imagine having a god damn rebellion every other week because the deity your village has been worshiping decided it was time to challenge Black Panther. Now you got to follow your fucking champion into war because its your fucking culture.

If you're just a regular fucking civilian trying to live your life you have to watch your back every fucking second. Your small apartment that only gets shitty Wakanda cable access channels is now being bombed because white people want technology or vibranium. So now you're out of a house.

On top of it all Namor constantly gets into fights with your leader over who has the bigger fucking dick. So this week Wakanda is going to get flooded. You'll probably going to have to work the mines to get that vibranium to earn enough cash to buy that new apartment.

I'd rather live in Latvia where not wiping your ass is a crime sentenced to death.

That was my bad. Too many mistakes on it.

It was during Priests run I think. I'll try to find it. Then again most of the lore within the Black Panther mythos has been retconned. Now Black Panther has been in existence since the stone age for some reason.

>Wakanda is literally hundreds of thousands of years older than the Homo Sapiens and always powerful.

>We literally see it's founding by an Egyptian god to her followers

?????????????????????

It is Racist, the Wakandians are Racists qnd Priest's run dealt with that.

I'm not racist but i really, really hate Wakanda.

Retconned.

Theres a nice animated miniseries that shows howcome they weren't conquered or flooded with refugees. I forget if it shows the location of the place too though. Its pretty decent and worth a watch. Its got some interesting villians.

Really? Who built it now? Also which run?

Also did they ever undo the Doom Wars where all the vibranium was destroyed.

>Really? Who built it now? Also which run?
We have to wait for Marvel Legacy to know. All that we know right now is that Wakanda exists since 1,000,000 B.C.

Its from the new Legacy event that is coming out. Its Avengers from 1 million BC. Wakandas are Homo Sapians while everyone else isn't.

I love how Priest outright calls everyone in Wakanda racist and no one batted a eye because he was black.

And Trump is the villain why?

Cause a wall between The US and Mexico is the dumbest idea.
>and also it's real life and not fiction you sperg.

It's illegal for white people to defend themselves and their culture, that's why.

Define "white people"

is wakanda natsoc?

So Namor decided to pass a tidal wave trough another country just so that he can flood Wakanda?

>it didn't turn any of them into a Celestial monster
Pure vibranium will turn you into a big pink monstrosity.

Few people realize how white the idea of Wakanda is. The notion of a magical people in the bosom of Africa has always been a white man's fantasy.

Niggers just need respect and then thay can be KANGS

Kek. This is true.

Pink nipples

hey I remember this thread

Why is a fictional African nation doing well flustering a lot of fannies?

A big thing with T'Challa is he doesn't like Wakanda's isolationist ways and he's made more of an effort to become part of the international community, but he also feels that his responsibilities as king outweigh his personal feelings.

>before the technology existed to use vibranium usefully?
How hard is it to put some vibranium on a spear? Or make a vibranium chest piece lol.

No shit, Wakanda is basically a kludge of Darkest Africa stories with a black protagonist.

Yep. Namor is a dickhole and nothing matters to him.

It is. The wakandas are racist as fuck. always have been

cause they probably assume doom just kills border jumpers and are unaware black panther does the same shit.

So how come blacks are getting shit for such a blatantly white concept?

Why did two Jews steal from a black man?
>This Tarzan-esque adventure story begins with this foreword: “American-born, college educated, Lion Man is a young scientist, sent by the United Nations to watch over the fearsome ‘Magic Mountain’ of the African Gold Coast. Within its crater lies the world’s largest deposit of Uranium – enough to make an atom bomb that could destroy the world. Lion Man’s job is to report on the doings of any treacherous nation that might seek to carry away any of the lethal stuff for the purpose of war."
pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Lion-Man

A lot of people seem to have zero understanding of how Africans perceive other Africans. Wakanda's refusal to let in foreigners is no surprise at all. Human rights has always been a white man's idea.

Why would Trump legalize that? Unless...

It is, Wakandans are racist as fuck

Do you honestly think Doom would let in refugees

>stone age
>Asgardians are wearing wool & cloth

are Asgardians eternally stuck in the middle ages? even before the culture they are from even existed?

what? that's... now that I think of it, unga bunga adventures in pleistocenial ethiopia would be pretty fun

Honestly? Could go either way. Dude grew up as a Latverian Urchin before his rise to power didn't he?

I bet Latveria has an incredibly efficient immigration system. You swear loyalty to doom and they give you your new state ID and other paperwork. Maybe you have to pass a test of wills to prove you will be a beneficial addition to the Latverian community.

>wakanda wont take refugees
How can marvel defend this?

>Where in Africa is Wakanda supposed to be, and why isn't it flooded by refugees from neighboring shitty countries?

Because it's a fictional country.

>how did ethiopia avoid it?
By not having an economic/political crisis caused by the collaps of slave trade, I would assume.

I can't imagine Doom is racist. Everyone is equally beneath Doom. Maybe he's got some issues with middle aged white men with greying temples?

and also because it was a good story, you fucking sperg

he really has a lot of reasons to hate Dr. Strange now that I think about it

Racist? Probably not. Xenophobic? You bet. Honestly, it's why the Dracula page irks me. The dude has super-science on par with Richards & Stark, and still keeps Latveria looking like a medieval village. You really think he'd allow anyone inside that didn't fit his perceived image of "greatness"? Maybe he'd allow people inside, but they'd have to become Latverian. They wouldn't be allowed to bring with them their culture, religion and whatnot.

Trying to make Doom into this super-accepting paragon of humanity is bullshit. He's a narcissistic asshole who simply doesn't want to harm the world. His villainy comes from wanting to be the guy who'll shape the future. Stark could do it better. Or Reed. Or some other guy. But Doom has to Doom the future cause Doom's Dooming future is the only one worth living. By doing so, it means that everything will be Latveria 2.0. Bye-Bye Islam and Buddhism. Bye-Bye Sphinx. Hello DoomSphinx.

The guy's a megalomaniac, and that's what he should be. "Lmao borders are shit and you're racist" doesn't fit. He considers everyone beneath him, to the point where the racist and the non-racist are the same to him; nothing at all. It's why he works with the Red Skull just fine, whereas Magneto REEEEEEEEEEs.

And besides, just because you come from a persecuted group doesn't mean you are not racist. Irish Americans were scorned by the English Americans, but they were in turn racist against Italians and Greek Americans. All of them were racist against Blacks. One does not exclude the other is what I'm saying.

To add onto this. T'challa's entire character arc is betraying wakandan traditions and modernizing to be more friendly.

So he welcomes refugees, (one of them later takes over the nation on a coup after selling his soul) and does other liberal shit that pisses off the elitist wakandan fucks.

Even his sister Shuri is more of the asshole brand who would remain isolationist.

T'challa's goal is to open up Wakanda to other people but not too much where the west has an advantage over them. That's how we get the cluster fuck of Wakandan elite #32 trying to stage a coup because T'Challa conveniently decided to share the cure for cancer.

black people can't be racist

That's actually kinda difficult with BP, considering that every new writer on the franchise feels the need to retcon Wakanda's history, social structure, tech level, and geography into *their* version.

Not when black people do it to other black people.

>Where in Africa is Wakanda supposed to be, and why isn't it flooded by refugees from neighboring shitty countries?
Why would you want to emigrate to a nation populated almost entirely by assholes?

>be more friendly
>welcomes refugees
>refugee takes over nation in coup
>sister is asshole who wants isolationism
I don't even have to say it. Probably a thousand Sup Forums people will.

Why should Namor give a fuck? They're all filthy surfacers anyway.

I dunno, a lot of people want to emigrate to America

Exactly, everyone can give all the explanations they like, OP and co. using this as a platform to whine about their situation and impotence in the climate of today will just make another ignoring anything said.
This isn't about the policies within Black Panther, it's about those who feel toothless deciding a cartoon and comics imageboard is their safe space to vent.

>OP is racist for asking how a fictional African country avoided the fate of most modern Africa countries

Retards like you seriously need to kill yourselves for looking for shit to be offended by

>Wakanda is selfish for looking out for their own preservation and not letting in cancerous hordes who would subsequently lead to the decay of their country

Could the Hwan empire take on Wakanda?

forgot pic

they never signed any convention of human rights, and usually let whoever tries to enter uninvited to die in the jungle.

Doom doesn't need to kill border jumpers: Latveria had a policy of accepting whoever formally asks in at the frontier.
He didn't get much immigration mostly because everybody was convinced they killed whoever didn't wipe their ass, which is false: they only killed those who didn't wash their hands after the toilet. Health hazards, you know.

>A lot of people seem to have zero understanding of how Africans perceive other Africans.
Generally speaking, they hate each others.

>still keeps Latveria looking like a medieval village.
emphasis on LOOKING.
He's somehow a traditionalist to a degree, so he believes that's the way Latveria should look.

But all the buildings use the most modern anti-seismic and anti-fire techniques, computer illiteracy is limited to the oldest people and there is fee unlimited public WiFi covering the whole nation. It's not even filtered, though it IS logged.

Will there ever be a time when Sup Forums actually starts reading comics?

So, they're like every other African nation?
How did they get the technology then?

some parallel development, a lot of spying and learning from the rest of the world.

Basically T'Chaka (T'Challa's Pops) realized that they needed to modernize, so he sold some Vibranium at a premium price, used the money to get a number of his citizens educated and bring them back to Wakanda to spread that Education along. And Boom. Flying Cars.

His son, T'Challa bears the harsh fate of being the sole Humanities Major in a nation of STEMs.

>It's never been specified where in Africa Wakanda is

Read some fucking comics before you try to answer a question.

>why isn't it flooded by refugees from neighboring shitty countries?

This happened over and over again in the 1980s Black Panther mini-series, prestige format series and Christopher Priest's 1990's-2000's series.

>How did it avoid being colonized in the 19th century before the technology existed to use vibranium usefully?

Wakanda was a powerful and advanced nation at the very least as early as the Great Catclysm (12,000 years ago) and in Marvel Legacy they have a Black Panther from "one million years ago".

Yes this is stupid, but it's what the comics have said.

Anything fictional these days flusters them. Sup Forums is going to get even shitter when BP comes out.

Sure, but like you said, he is a traditionalist. It's why I don't think he'd be the kind of guy to allow Mosques or whatever to be built inside Latveria.

they had just done rebuilding it as the event with Red Skull sending a telepathic Hate-signal started.

he probably just asked for a building aligning to the Latverian looks.

If i recall i think that Wakanda is a former French colony or something

Conan predates regular mankind?

Conan predates recorded history