Best Superheroes Created Since 2000

Hard mode: Name 5 new superheroes that have nothing to do with another, older superhero.

You first.

She's just a Carol Danvers wannabe with Mr Fantastic's power.

You don't have to shove memes into this, just ask for a recommendation.

Invincible
Runaways

That's all I got really
Gas DC done anything newer I'm more of a marvel dude

I literally can't.

1. Kamala
2. Sam Wilson
3. miles (before secret wars)
4. Robbie reyes
5. moon girl.

Fuck your bullshit hard-mode that you yourself aren't even going by.

Jessica Cruz, Simon Baz, Blue Beetle (Jaimes Reyes), X-23, Miss Martian.

Does being a mutant count as having to do with older superheros?

Only one person in pic related at any rate.

Sam Wilson is from the 70s dude

...because it's fucking impossible.

Yeah, I was gonna say Invincible is one, and maybe Atom Eve or Robot?

Does Bigby count as a superhero?

PAD did a good job with Layla Miller.

Cloud 9, Dust, Surge, Pixie, a lot of New X-Men and Avengers:Iniative characters were cool

>Does being a mutant count as having to do with older superheros?
No I wouldn't say so, because there are meant to be new mutants and inhumans popping up all the time.

For DC.
1. Chinese superman
2. Super boy and Damian.
3. Gotham girl
4. Green lantern girl
5. And the black peaceful superman

The Wu
Guillotine
Sideways
American Kaiju
Gwenpool, on a technicality.

Best Tiger

I got confuse with nova.

Anyone point out that they got the same name.

What about child of, but not necessarily Legacy of older characters.

If so:
Dust
Rockslide
Glob Herman
Hellion
Pixie

>Goldballs
I read the recent Spidey-Miles issue but I'm not very familiar with this character. Does he have to yell out "gold balls" every time he uses his powers?

Nope.

he does not

but Bendis wants everyone to remember his OCs

best answer.

>Mr Fantastic's power.
It's been shown that she could be close to plastic man levels.

I really hope Willow Wilson lurks Sup Forums and has seen that greentext of Plastic Man fucking with Mr. Fantastic

Hesei Kamen Riders
Yes, they all share the name "Kamen Rider" and the basic idea of sharing their enemies power, but for 17 seasons and an adult spin-off, not counting Decade, they've made one new original superhero with their own villain faction per year, and there's no continuity between them except on crossover episodes. And then they put them on live action TV with a limited budget, limited time schedule, concessions for selling toys and movies, it's a completely new cast too so you gotta have a whole new cast every year, and they've again pulled it off since 2000.

And their ideas range from a someone randomly drawn into a tribe of demons who are making a game out of mass murdering people with bizarre rules, to a pair of detectives who solve cases about people who use superpowered forms as drugs, to a hobo who was traumatized by seeing a small child die in a third world country who both has to fight desire-eating monsters and keep a truce with one, to a complete wuss who can't fight and has a train full of wish-granting monsters from a future that no longer exists that he lets possess him to fight, to a battle between kamen riders in contracts with giant monsters who come out of mirrors and eat people and most of them are more interested in killing the other riders to win a wish than saving people.

Like, could DC or Marvel pull something like that off.

The cast of New X-Men

Even Quentin Quire?

>sideways
>immortal men
>damage
>silencer
>brimstone

My bad, I meant New X-Men: Academy X

Quire is fucking terrible, and the whole current X-Men creative crew praising him and discussing making him an X-Man today was painful.

>Best Superheroes Created Since 2000
>Hard mode: Name 5 new superheroes that have nothing to do with another, older superhero.
gwenpool
moon girl
silk(at least that the beginning)
that's all i got for hard mode

you failed that hard mode pretty fucking hard, user

it's not my fault marvel's shitting out bad characters

I don't see how you got it into to your head that Gwenpool (deliberately referencing Deadpool), Moon Girl (fucking Moon Boy), and Silk (literally bitten by the same spider as Peter Parker) have nothing to do with another, older superhero

All three are directly derivative, though.

I guess Moon Boy and Gwen Stacy aren't superheroes (even though it's a superhero version of Gwen that lead to Gwenpool's creation), but Spider-Man is and Deadpool counts.

Jaime Blue Beetle is pretty cool

Him and Kate Spencer as Manhunter are two of my favorite legacy books.

Gwenpool doesnt directly relate to deadpool. if you look at other new heroes like iron heart, asian hulk, miles morales, etc, they are direct successions of previous versions. gwenpool doesnt get in the way of deadpool in anyway.
if they named her something else then no one would see how she relates to deadpool or gwen stacy.

moon girl is unique and very different to moon boy. she just got the dinosaur and that's the only similarity.

silk just has the same source of power. her origin and everything is different. honestly i just chose her because her name doesnt have 'spider' in it.

what part of NOTHING TO DO is causing you trouble?

Moon Girl is a replacement for an old character whose name she uses (modified for her gender, of course.
Silk is a female Spider-Man introduced in Spider-Man, was briefly a love interest of Spider-Man (kinda? I forget) and has Spider-Man powers that come from the same spider that bit Peter.

Gwenpool was created because liked the look of this pink combination of Gwen Stacy and Deadpool, and in-universe her costume was modeled after Deadpool's and she became a mercenary.

Do they still count if they are not good anymore?

I suppose that is allowable

The Sentry, year of our Lord 2000.