How did Wonder Woman defeat Ares but Zeus, who should be more powerful than both combined...

How did Wonder Woman defeat Ares but Zeus, who should be more powerful than both combined, died as a result of fighting Ares?

Zeus never thought to bang his wrists together, the classic blunder. He probably threw lightning at Ares and called it a day

Zeus did defeat Ares, just not kill him. Both were severely weakened after the fight and Zeus used the last of his strength to create Diana if Ares decided to continue his campaign

Zeus is hiding and probably fucking

same asnwer why didnt bruce lee immediately dies after fighting chuck norris

>last of his strength to create Diana
SNOOOOOOOO SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I thought Zeus just couldnt bring himself to kill his own limey son?

Zues was that cow you see right before Diana jumps the ravine and climbs the tower

Here's a follow up question.
How did Wonder Woman defeat Ares, with added Zeus Juice, but she couldn't somehow also beat Doomsday by herself, despite having an extra century and change of experience?

>In the sequel, it is revealed that Zeus was every on screen animal, and was having a blast fucking his way through 20th century europe

>died

son, i dont think you understand how comics work. no one is ever truly dead.

Science > religion

Doonsday feeds on energy so she didn't use her energy attacks. It's like using energy blasts on the Androids.

Kryptonians aren't weak to magi- oh, wait...

Where it is said that THAT Doomsday feeds on energy? And how did she knew? And isnt the attack MAGIC?

Kryptonians are strong against magic, everyone knows this

Because it's not fucking Dragon Ball Z where the person with the mathematically higher "power level" automatically wins.

Diana's elbow grease experience with mankind turned her into the legendary Super Themysciran. Not bound by men, Gods, or Amazons. Driven by JUSTICE!

You didn't watch the movie. Wonder Woman LITERALLY SAYS that in the movie. "This creature seems to feed on energy." How much are you being paid? It's obvious that you don't belong here.

>Where it is said that THAT Doomsday feeds on energy?
I'm PREEEEETTY sure that either Diana or Clark said those exact words.

She beat Ares because she chose love over rage.

I can't see Zeus doing that and it wouldn't have the same effect on Doomsday.

Zeus created her to be a weapon to kill Ares. She literally only exists to fuck up Ares.

That's why.

I tried to block that movie out but I am fairly certain they even did the gos after a power plant bit

Because she was made as an anti Ares weapon

Did they explain why Ares randomly switched from fire+metal to using lightning, despite fighting a god-slaying creation of a lightning god? It seemed like he could have done anything else and he would have won earlier, but I don't recall him having some line about absorbing some of Zeus' power, or since he's the last god alive he took over ruling the sky.

There's also the phone conversation with the President after they nuked Superman and Doomsday, confirming their attacks will only feed it.

Basically Doomsday fed on any kind of direct attack from bullets to heat vision. He was shown as able to be hurt and thrown around but since he was basically Kryptonian Satan nothing we've seen in the DCEU so far could kill him in one hit through sheer power. Diana cutting his arm off without using any Kryptonite was supposed to be super impressive.

Zeus and Ares fought till they were both almost dead, Zeus used the last of his power to create themyscara and its protective border...Ares never healed fully from his fight with Zeus and was then weaker than he usually would be, Diana was just discovering the extent of her godhood, her power continually increasing...this made her stronger than Ares...his power was in decline, hers was increasing, ares and Zeus were approximately equals

>Diana cutting his arm off without using any Kryptonite was supposed to be super impressive.
And it's what led to Superman getting stabbed and killed. Superman could survive a pummeling but not that.

WOMAN OF MURDER

Ares always showed lightning powers since he first appeared in the movie, don't know if that's from mythology or the comics for being Zeus's son.

And he tried to beat her with telekinesis and brute force before but after she went berserk that wasn't cutting it anymore.

Better question is why did Ares choose to look like a wimpy little British poofter when he can shapeshift?

Thank you, figured I missed something.

WW was backed by the jews.

>Wonder Woman was DC's Drax all along

And the armadillo. At least that's what I thought when I saw those animals were given special attention for what seemed no reason at all (and knowing Zeus turned into animals all the time in the Greek mythology).

>Doomsday
Because Doomsday was an underwritten afterthought thrown into the movie without giving it much thought.

Hm. WWI was set during WWI; will WWII be set during WWII?

1. Ares > Zeus in this universe, clearly. The former killed the latter plus the rest of the pantheon.
2. WW only defeated Ares because Ares wanted her to join him. If he just wanted to kill her, he was plainly much more powerful than her and could have done it at the beginning of their fight. Also, she never managed to hurt Ares with her own power- what she did was deflect Ares' own attack back at him. Zeus didn't have those bracers.

It's the Greek concept of hubris, which is a constant in their mythology. Ares, having defeated Zeus, wanted to use the power of lightning against Zeus's own daughter as proof of his superiority, but it ended up biting him in the ass.
If you think about it, everything that Ares did in order to avoid the prophecy of him getting killed by Diana, actually made it happen. That's classic Greek mythology, and one of the things I liked the most about the movie.

But dragon ball doesn't work like that anymore

Why did ares kill his family isn't that taboo or something in Greek culture or something

isnt Superman's weakness magic though? Even in Injustice where Superman was literally unkillable he got dicked by Constantine

Do you know anything about Greek mythology? It's pretty much nothing but family murder. Zeus became the king after killing his father.

I meant actually killing other gods Zeus never outright killed any god that disobeyed him sure he fuck with them or torture the shot out of them but the god never tried to kill each other

God-killing generally stopped after Zeus took the throne. He had his issues, but he was a more merciful god than his father and grandfather.

I think I read cold war somewhere.

Yes, and this is obviously not Greek canon, it's DC's universe, but it's a way to explain the lack of Greek gods in the modern world, in the same spirit as the original Greek mythology.

If they're not gonna pick up right after the first one, and do WWII, they should just skip ahead to modern day, post-JL movie.

>dat superman

He ate a goddess whose child was destined to overthrow him. Then he gave birth to Athena from his head.

Kek

dude, doomsday literally powered up like 3 times in bvs off damages, ares was nerfed as fuck by zeus, so that explains it.

And Athena eventually became his favorite daughter. He also carried and birthed Dionysus, so he was actually a rather decent dad.

Why did Ares want to stop WWI? If he wanted to create WWII then why did he whisper the formula to Doctor Poison to stop him from stopping WWI?

What was literally his end game?

>WOMAN OF MURDER

Nothing new or unusual here.

Did we watch the same movie?

Ares didn't want WW to interfere with the amnesty agreement because his plans involved spreading destruction in such a grand fashion that it would then be impossible for both sides to settle for peace.

>WW2
Nigga what

If they decide to follow the comics then Wonder Woman never fought against Ares, it was his sons cosplaying all the time and the gods were ok with it

He has no defense against magic but the power and type of magic makes a difference. Something like an enchanted blade that's as tough as diamonds wouldn't do shit but an enchanted blade that can cut through all flesh would.

>Zeus is a good guy
Fucking hate this shit. Zeus should be an asshole.

>didn't want WW to interfere with the amnesty
this is the problem, why the fuck would he want that

With amnesty, there is no spreading of destruction

Doomsday tanked a fucking nuke. Ares, when he fought Diana, wasn't nearly as powerful as he used to be and he himself says so on the movie.

Because that's what it says in the script.

Nah, Zeus was a pretty chill guy by the Bronze Age god standards. He liked to fuck everything that moved, but he was a just and level-headed god otherwise. Just compare him to Yahweh, Ares or Enki the asshole and the difference is amazing.

You misunderstand, user, the agreement party was only meant to be an audience to gas warfare.

Amnesty was never on the table to begin with.