Why was late 90s/early 00s Disney shows so comfy?

Why was late 90s/early 00s Disney shows so comfy?

>Recess
>Legend of Tarzan
>Buzz Lightyear of Star Command
>Hercules TAS
>Lloyd In Space
>Kim Possible
>Lilo & Stitch: The Series

Other urls found in this thread:

archiveofourown.org/works/7884013
youtube.com/watch?v=Lf7OdeOK-p8
archiveofourown.org/works/9499943
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Disney actually gave a shit about their TV programs.

You only had ONE Saturday Morning.

the movie for recess was comfy to me
but i loved the halloween episode and the series in general
comfy memories

This.
These days it's all pandering to the demographic target audience.

I find it funny how there were a shit ton of spin off series based off movies, but Lilo and Stitch TAS is the one most people foundly remember

>Why was late 90s/early 00s Disney shows so comfy?

Because you were a child.

tfw your OTP shared an on screen kiss.

archiveofourown.org/works/7884013

>no Weekenders

You know it, bro.

IT'S HER TURN

No

Recess is not for lewds

get

Ehhhh

That show wasn't bad, it just wasn't particularly good either.

but the theme song was catchy as fuck

The Weekenders

FIVE HOURS OF SUMMER ONCE A WEEK

I've been re-watching Recess lately and I forgot just how comfy it was and it had better and more interesting lore then Steven Universe could ever have.

I thought Spinelli was super cute back in the day. I remember having fantasies about her beating me up and kissing me afterwards.

I was an early bloomer okay?

post your favorite episodes

>the one with vince's brother being a gigantic nerd but he doesn't realize it
>the one with pharaoh bob

First Name Ashley, Economics of Recess, Weekend at Muriel's, Principal for a Day, Dodgeball City and Lord of The Nerds.

Economics of Recess was really memorable for me since those monster cards they traded around were basically Yu-Gi-Oh! cards, which were really popular at my school and kids were always trading them during recess.

>That episode when Gus becomes the despot of the playground, decorates it with Orwellian propaganda and imprisons a first grader for not paying the cookie tax
>That episode when Gretchen creates a perpetual motion machine but the government confiscates it
>That episode when a middle aged man posed as a fourth grader
>That episode when Mikey thought he would grow up to be 50 ft tall
>That when Spinelli was homeless and Gus crushed her to death by Gus' mechsuit
>That episode when Gus saved the global economy

>kissing me afterwards.
On the lips?

The Rules - the one where they find King Morty's rule book from the 30's and it's all depression era laws and games.

1) They were animal stickers, not monster cards
2) It was clearly a shot at Pokemon, not Yugioh. It aired in 1998.

Lips, forehead, cheeks, the fresh bruises she inflicted upon. I had separate fantasies for each.

Again, I was an early bloomer. Spinelli and Marie from Ed, Edd n Eddy were my first cartoon crushes and I had fantasies of them beating me up and being mean to me and then making me feel better afterwards.

You're thinking of two different episodes.

The Economics of Recess was about Monstickers becoming the currency of the playground.

The Game was about everyone on the playground being obsessed with an animal-themed card game called Ajimbo.

>and I had fantasies of them beating me up

Why would they do that? Just because of a girls crush?

Either way, neither was associated with Yugioh. The anime didn't start to air in America until the mid aughties.

Well Spinelli was a tough tomboy who was willing to pick a fight with anyone and I found that really attractive when I was little and I thought she was cute too and she hated being called cute or even a girl in the show. So naturally, I used to fantasize about her beating me up for calling her cute but then saying "thank you" and kissing me afterwards (since I also developed this headcanon that she secretly liked being called cute).

I was a very complicated kid.

I guess I might have just saw a re-run of Economics of Recess when Yu-Gi-Oh! became a thing and thought it was a new episode.

Yugioh started airing stateside in like 2001. Maybe early 2002.

Fair enough.

That's still 3 years after the episode in question aired.

>Nowadays people remember Lloyd in Space but don't remember this

youtube.com/watch?v=Lf7OdeOK-p8

The only episode I actually remember is the one where her mom gets jury duty. It always seemed like Doug, but actually good.

I like how Nicky was freakishly strong.

She IS one in a million.

Marie Kanker??
You were one messed up user!

It's kinda hilarious how so many episode descriptions of this show sound like Arthur parody episodes
>That episode where TJ becomes a hardcore capitalist and own a monopoly on the playground
>That episode where the miss Finster tortures TJ to the point where he can barely speak normally
Also, notice how almost every character was almost converted into a totalitarian dictator at some point?

the box was some seriously fucked up shit

That parody of the man with no name episode where Gus turns out to be Clint Eastwood

Obligatory :

I'll let you in on a little secret, Detweiller. Every adult you've ever known was a kid at some time in his life. You think we don't remember summer vacation? Riding our bikes down the creek. Catching polliwogs in a jar. Camping out under the stars. Well you're wrong! Sometimes I sit there in my office, looking out at you kids in the playground and I think, "They don't know how good they got it. In a few years, they'll be grownups like me and all those good times will be memories for them, too". So go ahead. Put a whoopie-cushion in my chair.Have rough sex with Spinelli in the jungle gym. Put fake vomit on my carpet. Make fun of my "big, saggy butt". But don't ever say I don't care about summer vacation, 'cause those memories are the only part of childhood I got left.

>Economics of Recess
I still love this episode.

>Have rough sex with Spinelli in the jungle gym

Fuck you user, my computer screen is covered in milk now.

That's dairy problematic

>the one with pharaoh bob

Any episode where King Bob played an important role was a goodun.

Fuck outta here, Carlos.

>I wanted to get to 7th Grade so I could be as old as her
>That came and went over 15 years ago

>or Fillmore

Weekenders really was cozy the series

Feels bad to realize I absolutely adored Weekenders growing up but remember fuck-all about it these days

Chuggafreeze, Captain Dreadnaught, Chum Bukkit and the cool kids only club where diet drinks actually taste good

archiveofourown.org/works/9499943

I definitely remember the diet soda thing. That and having a crush on the tomboy.

Every year goes by faster and faster.

Recess is based, any cartoon that's made for a general audience in mind always ages better. The key to those shows is they don't treat the viewer like a child, or at least they don't try to talk down to them. Education is important, but so is nurturing. Shows like Recess and Hey Arnold! were nurturing because they treated their audiences like equals and engaged them in the characters, the settings and so on.

I can't speak for the others, I haven't seen them since they aired but Recess had actual care put into it.
T=B>Q>A

you were a kid. my folks thought most cartoons from back then sucked, I think most today suck and kids today will look at their shitty cartoons like uncle grandpa the same way we see dexters lab or grim and evil. It's just a generational thing

it all goes to show that Arthur > Recess
too bad it got simpsons syndrome.

Arthur is the king of comfy

nobody's gonna remember uncle grandpa the way we remember dexter's lab. they'll remember SU or adventure time or something like that that way, sure, but not uncle grandpa. they'll remember uncle grandpa the way we remember quack pack

I love Arthur but honestly Recess is a way smarter written and funnier show.

And I think the general consensus is that even though the animation went to shit, Arthur's writing stayed consistent. I watched a couple season 15 episodes and they seemed about as good as the ones I grew up with.

>Uncle Grandpa hate
Uncle Grandpa isn't my thing but I don't think it's a bad show. I really appreciate how it's one of the most "cartoony" cartoons to come out in the last few years.

>You are now aware that Gus from Recess and Lloyd from Lloyd in Space have the same voice actor

There's a dictator inside of all of us.

Disney channel has been dead for so long. I'm not even nostalgic for 2001-era disney channel.

Fucking Zoog Disney ruined everything

WEW LAD
Her aunt is thicc

His voice actor is dead.

I'm sorry to hear that.

nope, not true. well not entirely.
I know I've showed older toons dexter, recess and PPG included to kids and they liked it more than crap like magiswords or loudhouse.
They do love TTG though.

Likewise, I don't think everything new is shit, just all the tumblr pandering/shipping bait garbage formula for cash shows.
You can't use generation as an honest argument when comparing something like ducktales to clarence.

Some cartoons will always suck, like Beavis & Butthead, Angela Anaconda, Spongebob.