Why the fuck did they retcon him for the movie

I don't read comics and don't care for any of the background nonsense they have going out of universe.

It's hilariously irresponsible of DC to try and market two flashes simultaneously when they have a perfectly good Flash established in the public eye

It would functionally make no difference in universe to maintain this flash, out of universe it would direct flash fans to the DCU.

This shit is obvious, but you snyderfags will defend anything even this obvious shit.

And don't get me wrong, Marvel treating the MCU and XCU as separate is flat out retarded. Who wouldn't want to see Logan in Infinity War? And dont get me started on them rebooting spiderman instead of just grabbing the one that was already present

>I don't read comics

Phrases like this should be an instant ban. Capeshit containment board when?

Flash is a shitty comic character. Period.
LOL TOO FAST XD

Man you sure have to be really retarded to make a post like this.

Yeah Marvel shows it's impossible to have the same universe in movies and TV shows. It will end up as the movies ignoring the TV shows entirely.

The way DC is doing it is better. The shows should probably be all in the same Earth I guess, but then I would need to watch Gotham and that show is shit.

You are the type of person that is to be blamed for DC killing off Deadshot in the show for the longest time because "Two versions of the same character is too hard to grasp".
Fuck you.

What the fuck was wrong with that? Fans of the films tune into DC TV due to brand recognition and to see all the missing superheroes yet to come, and get a nonsensical facefull of a non-celebrity version of a character they've grown to know.

Normal people don't care or fathom canon or the extra peanut butter bullshit, just use the same characters across the board that's what everyone wants to fucking see

Because it means that you won't get those characters because they happen to be planed for a movie.
Also people aren't stupid. If they can grasp the idea of hundreds of different versions of Sherlock Holmes, then they can grasp the idea of two different versions of a superhero.

>It's hilariously irresponsible of DC to try and market two flashes simultaneously
Do you even multiverse?

Look how shit the new spiderman did.
Despite being written rather well, people already HAVE their definitive spiderman, people don't want to betray familiarity.

Its this corporate comic bullshit that ruins movies for everyone, everyone WANTED Tobey in civil war, everyone WANTED Bale in BVS

Just give into the fucking consumer.

This flash thing is the worst case yet, they're going to keep these two running simultaniously. People will tell their friends about the flash being in the movies and they'll go and find some random fucker going through arcs we've already seen with a much better and established Flash

DC's real problem is pandering to crowds that won't even go see the movie legally

But don't most of the common multiverse characters look exactly the same aside from costume differences? Assuming they're the same person.

Just make an episode where TV flash meets movie flash. Problem solved.

>most
There's your answer. Also, think about Earth-23 where Kalel is black.

>Grant
>perfectly good
He needs to stop shaking his damn head.

There is literally no good counterargument for outright replacing the flash within the same cinematic universe and STILL keeping the show going

DC live action shills are the best

>a perfectly good Flash
CW was constantly making Flash more and more unlikeable for the last two years.
At this point anything movie offers will be an improvement.

And I initially totally shared your position, but you shouldn't underestimate WB and CW. These cocksuckers always find a way.

I like that there's three well-defined DC live action universes actually (three? Smallville counts). It gives the sense of there actually being a multiverse. Which DC has always emphasized and which will probably be part of Flashpoint.

>I don't read comics and don't care for any of the background nonsense they have going out of universe.

So go the fuck back to Sup Forums then.

he doesn't "fit in" the DCMU tone and aesthetic

anyway who cares DC movies are shit

>And don't get me wrong, Marvel treating the MCU and XCU as separate is flat out retarded.
No user, you're the one who's retarded

Literally no sane person dislikes the idea of Hugh Jackman as wolverine alongside the avengers

Grant Gustin is an OK tv actor who has no place in films. Any time he tries to be dramatic he talks in this long drawn out mumble that was enough to make me drop the show because it happens at least twice an episode. I don't know how you all put up with it for so long

>I don't read comics
>they have a perfectly good Flash

Barry the Bobblehead is a sniveling idiot who needs to be carried by his team and their constant pep talks. Hell, even Gustin said the character's a gigantic dumbfuck. He doesn't look like Barry and he certainly doesn't act like Barry. Yeah, you could argue Allen's too milquetoast to even have any character, but there are certain constants.Then again, casuals don't give a shit for as long as he's at least kinda funny and goes fast, so they'll probably love Ezra.

Is the show entertaining? Sometimes. Is the CW Flash "perfectly good?" Not by any stretch of imagination. To be honest, however, I think it would've been better if they'd gone with Wally for the movieverse; people sorta know him due to the JL cartoon, not to mention he had a long, well-loved tenure with actual character growth in the comics.

Hugh Jackman dislikes the idea now because he's old as fuck and doesn't want to keep himself in that condition anymore. Nobody gives a fuck about he other actors in the X-Men movies now.

Three, since the Smallville universe is dead but Gotham is still around and in it's own universe.

Hugh Jackman was a shit wolverine and you know it.

Nobody wants your CW tier acting

Fucking Snyderfags think there is any actual acting in their universe?
Gustin's flash would add levity and literally draw millions to the DCU

Don't deflect, bitch. CW shows pretty much suck, and Gustin is really not that great of an actor.
>millions
Lol

Making a canon out of the CWverse is too much of a hassle and restricts options for future movies. That and Flash the CW show is average at best and has shitty actors outside of 2 people.

What are you talking about? Adding the TV shows to the movies cuts out a ton of rounds the movies would have to go through on their own, its free backstory.

Not to mention it adds thousands of new facets to explore

>I don't read comics
Then fuck off.

Do I need to be an auditory scientist to like and critique music? No, I absolutely do not. My opinions are just as valid as yours if not more because I'm not tainted by the original influence

Well I had am inkling but this just confirms it. This is a b8 thread

You're discussing a film based on a comic on the Comics and Cartoons board. If you don't care about the comics there is a "perfectly good" board for you over on Sup Forums.

I don't know how you can watch endless hours of Iris crying and Barry appoligizing then turn around and call the best superhero show on TV shit.

The absolute state of Flashfags, man.

>Do I need to be an auditory scientist to like and critique music?
You don't need either of those to fuck off either. So get cracking.

>Anything too far removed from my own opinion is bait

>the best superhero show on TV shit.
That's sort of like being the smartest guy on the shortbus. Generally excluding the driver, natch.

>Flash fags
This Sonic 06 style demonizing of CWDC is why there is no solidarity in the DC fanbase

All of the series are good. Not mediocre not "sub-par" they're genuinely good to everyone but the pedantic maniacs on an image board.

The show has a formula? So what, The DCU without it is still too formulaic

Darkness and suffering only isnt realism, the REAL WORLD has ALL EMOTIONS and ALL TONES.

But no you really want to skip straight to unintroduced characters despite having the same character practically built and cut out for you

Snyder said he wouldn't fit the darker tone.

HOW? He's basically Tobey as the flash. He exists in the same universe as fucking ARROW.
How can the ENTIRE PLANET have the same tone?

Even when is stuff like this ?

I really don't see how this is controversial

We shouldn't have to jump through hoops for DC, they should have just used the flash on the television series

>I don't read comics
there shouldn't have been any posts in this thread after

>Marvel treating the MCU and XCU as separate is flat out retarded.
I mean, that's not really up to Marvel.

Ezra is a better actor than everyone in the flash show, including "Ed," Ezra literally out acts everyone under 40 in the dceu.

>a perfectly good Flash

Watch the trailer for the upcoming Flash season, try not to laugh at how bad it is, then just imagine the idea of hanging a cinematic character on THAT

Good lord.

I've yet to see that.

Grant is as much as a faggot as Ezra and the flash show isn't popular amount normal peoplez. It's popular only among third worlders because they have to wait like 6 months to see new episodes instead of one week like walking Dead or hours like game of thrones.

You should watch movies that are not capeshit. Ezra is a talented faggot, grant can't act and is also a faggot.

Marvel rights are spread among different studios. Sony has Spider-Man, Fox has X-Men etc.

Spider-Man 4 didn't happen because of internal disputes. Garfield in Civil War didn't happen because of internal disputes, also a lot of people didn't like his movies.

Nolan doesn't want anyone else to touch his series.

If people can live with multiple Batmen they can live with multiple Flashes not to mention Supermen.

This is not a GOOD thing this is a SITUATIONAL thing and DC has the OPTION to use that flash and they instead opt for one of the worst business decisions imaginable