>Bruce Banner didn't become Hulk by accident
>Loki is a misunderstood misfit
>Mandarin is just a meme
>Starlord is Ego's son
>Ultron is a creation of Iron Man
>Zemo is not a nazi
>the anchient one is a white woman
>Flash Thompson is an academic rival of Peter
Why is it ok when Marvel charactets are reinvented in film? Do they just do it better?

>Do they just do it better?
Yes

>any of these things
>good

Huh?

explain this shit

My guess is that he thinks the Lee Hulk is canon to MCU

MCU Bruce injected the serum on himself. He didn't get exposed to Gama rays in a wasteland

It happened in the opening credits in Incredible Hulk as well.

>Loki is a misunderstood misfit

This isn't really the case at all, he's still got most of Loki's defining characteristics: petty, jealous, treacherous, and always sneaking his way out of consequences. He may seem different because we saw him hatch his first big evil plan in the film, so there's still a sympathetic or at least undiscovered Loki in the first act, but he goes full villain pretty quickly. He's just less ham-and-cheese than his comics counterpart.

Not him, but it is. Norton Hulk was a sequel to the Ang Lee one.

Norton Hulk is cannon to the MCU

The serum had unintended consequences for him though. It was still an accident.

It was a soft reboot, because the credits for Norton Hulk showed the chair from the old TV series.

So the Ultimate origin?

Because their fans and audiences don't care about the source material except when it comes to Spider-Man.
And for the most part the changes are made to allow things to go over more smoothly on the big screen and most people get this, like Ultron being created by Iron Man. Trimming the fat from the comics.

And it doesn't work everytime. Like
>Mandarin is just a meme
>the Ancient One is a white woman
People were definitely not ok with these ones and they didn't even care about the characters in the source material

((( Ultimate Comics )))

>Why is it ok when Marvel charactets are reinvented in film?

Because the entire cinematic universe is based off of a character who was chronically mishandled up until his movie adaptation worked him into being someone likeable.

Tony Stark was never anyone's favorite superhero before Iron Man. Tony Stark was just a rich cunt who looked down on other people, but without RDJ's charisma he didn't have anything for readers to enjoy.

They have to simplify for a worldwide audience, and don't have as much room or time to make the continuity as complex as the comics.

Expect Hela to replace Death as Thanos love interest.

>Mandarin is just a meme
Um, the real Mandarin is still out there and angry at Trevor for claiming to be him, did you even watch the Hail to the King one shot you FUCKING ASSHOLE

reddit

((( Autism )))

I never really thought about it until now, but RDJ really is the best thing to happen to the character, isn't he? That's bizarre.

wtf I love reddit now

>Why is it ok when Marvel charactets are reinvented in film?
What makes you think these are reinventions ? For the most part they are just changing backstories a little or making mishandled characters more presentable.
People to this day still complain about the organic web in the Raimi series or Sandman being Uncle Ben's killer (although Raimi didn't get a lifetime ban at Comic-Con for this, unlike Burton).

I'd like to see a re-invented Masters of Evil

Because it's coherent with the established universe.

>although Raimi didn't get a lifetime ban at Comic-Con for this, unlike Burton
Wait, what ?

Consider the following:

If a change is good people will praise it. (Ledger Joker)
If a change is indifferent or necessary, sane people will not complain (The Mandarin)
If a change is shit, people will be justified to complain (Superman's portrayal in MoS and BvS)
If a change is

Hulkino 2003 is not canon to the mcu. Luckily for the Hulk movie.

WRONG
Loki is a trickster, He does stuff because its fun. Because he enjoys wacky trickery and shenanigans.

Does the MCU Loki looks like he is enjoying the ride? No, he is pretty much a really conflicted character doing shit out of spite and misery.

They're trying to bridge the gap between fans who read Marvel Comics, layman and people who are completely ignorant of the comics. People don't go to these movies to watch 2,5 hours of universe building, they don't have pages and issues of information dumps and exposition they can rely on. So they take significant characters from the lore, and change up their stories a bit to the point where it still makes sense to the actual progression of the MCU.

It's not rocket science, but it makes sense, and it obviously works.

To be fair, MCU Star-Lord is the best origin the character has had. It takes the best elements from Englehart (mysterious cosmic birth, mom is technically killed by aliens, winds up in space where he finds he belongs as Star-Lord), Claremont (dad is an alien), and Moench (mom died because of dad) without resorting to the hokiness of astrology or "my mom was murdered by lizard aliens who hate my space-emperor father." I also think Star-Lord works better as a nickname from his mom referencing his dad that he has to earn the right to call himself, rather than a generic space-cop gig that's handed to him because of his heritage (yes, this is true even in the classic stuff, Moench revealed that an Ariguan traitor orchestrated the whole thing to aid the Spartoi.)

So yes I think the MCU definitely did it better in this case, though it helps that most people simply aren't familiar with Star-Lord enough to care.

What's wrong with Supes?

Oh, fuck off.
The Mandarin shit was retarded and and you know it.
>let's tease a thing since the very first movie
>let's build up to it
>let's present a menacing villain
>LOL "CLEVER" TWIST enjoy yey another shitty villain instead

Tim Burton has a lifetime ban from Comic-Con because of fanboy butthurt over The Joker being the one who killed Batman's parents in Batman '89.
Even though it wasn't even his decision.

>lifetime ban at Comic-Con
Oh wow, I bet he can't sleep tonight without this thought choking him every night.

Not him, but personally, my problem is that Snyder's Superman is literally Jesus - sent to Earth by his father in the sky to be the savior. He is good because that's how it was meant to be.
Comics Superman is good because that's how he was raised. He helps people because he was taught that it's the right thing to do by the Kents. He was a baby when he came to earth, a blank slate - evertything good in him comes from humans, and that's exactly how it must be, considering that Superman is supposed to embody the ideal that everyone should strive for.
Lois being the lynchpin that holds his sanity and morality together in the movies also doesn't help.

Only neckbeard comic book fans considered it a shitty twist.

Kevin Costner does that exact thing in the movies, you're retarded

Only retards with no standards considered it a good twist.

Who said it's OK, it's shit.
You forgot Jarvis being an A.I., Asgardian (((ALIENS not GODS))) and the lack of secet identities.

>Kevin Costner does that exact thing in the movies, you're retarded
>maybe you should've let all those kids in the bus die
>don't be a hero, Clark
>stop, my invincible and super-fast son, I'd rather die than be saved by an unrecognizable blur
>you don't own those people anything
>no need to be a hero and help people, whatever
Yeah, right.

IT: Buttblasted comic nerd

ITT retarded shill who could only resort to ad hominems.

It was a good twist in itself

It was a bad twist if you take the first two movies as a build-up (the rings stuff in the first two movies, which they subsequently ignored).

I frankly hope they never do a "Real Mandarin" story now though. Mainly because I think Mandarin is fucking retarded.

Let's do Madame Masque instead, if you need a good Iron Man villain with a history.

You're on Sup Forums, not Sup Forums

>Madame Masque
>good villain

>Iron man
>having good villains

Are you autistic?

>can't I just keep pretending i'm your son?
>you ARE my son.

Jonathan is a good man.

>94127451
That was the last (You) I gave you. Actually get creative if you want more.

Better than "random Chinese crap" Mandarin.

She's probably the best Iron Man villain they didn't do yet. Who does he have next, Titanium Man?

More good villains than Fantastic Four at least.

Anytime Loki is "benevolent" it's a ruse for his shit plans

>Kill them all, Clark
>Kill them all with extreme prejudice for me, my invincible son
You'd think he could use all that time talking to just run away a bit

Being a comics fans doesn't mean being unable to see past comic accuracy as a metric of quality

Mandarin was a good play on the character's RL origins, just like how Cap's persona being born as a propagandistic showman was, get over it

like it or not magic is part of the marvel universe. they have been teasing thanos since the first avengers movie

it would have been better to have the real mandarin because they could have eased people into the idea of a bad guy who gets power from shiny alien things on his hand

the mandarins rings while weaker and in no way directly connected to the infinity gems are kind of a similar idea. thanos technically isnt powerless without them and a single infinity gem is like a billion times more powerfull than all the rings

Nah, she's complete shit.
Just get M.O.D.O.K out already, Marvel.

That's great and all, but I was just pointing out how stupid it is to go "haha comic nerrrrrrrrrd!!" on Sup Forums.

Isnt there a hint in one of the Marvel movies that there is a real Mandarin out there?

Yep

That was a short extra in some DVD, made as an afterthought.

Well, he's baiting, but also kinda right, it's like some people actively try to fit the righteous nerd stereotype that REEEEEEEEs about shit like Sonic's arms

In the movies - no, only in the TOTALLY CANON YOU GUYS shorts or something like that.

>muh shitty meta commentary haha
You fucking retard.
It's not about comic accuracy, you mongoloid. It's about promising a good thing and giving you garbage instead, which you seem to be happily eat up. I and already explained why it was bad. If you want that shitty twist of yours done well, go watch Batman Begins before opening your shit-ridden mouth.

I don't care about magic, it's cute

I just don't like Mandarin. It's just random ideas about Chinese that western people have thrown together.

And every time they tried to enrich his backstory, they added more shit.

Hey, he is part dragon!

And he was also behind that shit in Vietnam where Iron Man was born! (lately retconned with Extremis)

And so on. He is shit.

>TOTALLY CANON YOU GUYS
Silly user, only the TV shows are non canon.

I was under the impression they name-dropped stuff from Agents of Shield in Age of Ultron

But I don't watch Agents of Shield and I forgot the entirety of Age of Ultron.

>This mad
Jesus chill hahaha

Your casual is showing again, Sup Forums.

the Mandarin twist would have been fine if it were a double fake out and Killian turned out to be just another pawn of Maya Hansen

>It was a bad twist if you take the first two movies as a build-up (the rings stuff in the first two movies, which they subsequently ignored).
Thank god i don't read the shitty comics or else i would be probably as mad as everyone here

>Sup Forumsshitter

Well and the big thing is that they let RDJ improvise a ton with Tony Stark
I think it's helped the Marvel characterization in general since now they have particular actor emotes that they can use for inspiration or jumping off points

I am not saying he was a terrible human being. Yeah, he did love him, but in the movies Clark becomes Superman not because of Kents, but in spite of them. Nothing they do or teach him sets Clark on that path, instead they are holding him back, telling him stuff like "look out for yourself first" and "you don't have to help people just because you can".

For that twist to work, it should've had white-collars financing various terrorist organizations and perpetuating the myth of Mandarin among those groups for the sake of deniable plausibility and to instill fear/respect in those groups instead of just some random group who just took the name because their leader was butthurt at Tony Stark. That way all the build-up would've amounted to something.

this

comic books change shit all the time. I view the MCU as an alternate universe of sorts. the DCCU is an alt uni, too, just a shitty one where Lex is a pedo nutjob and The Joker likes to tattoo himself with edgy sayings.

You call me retard and all those names, but you're the one admitting in that other post that the twist was good. The 10 rings deal was nothing but background information, they couldn't fucking predict what they were going to do years later, nobody's here crying about how Infinity War doesn't make sense because the Gauntlet was in Odin's custody in the first Thor. Plus it didn't even go away, it's still a terrorist organization that exists by itself despite Killian retooling their existence for fear mongering, even ignoring the one-shot a 10 rings soldier was among the buyers of the Cross fornula in Ant-man

I think he did become Supes because od his parents though.
They raised him right.
Jonathan saying "maybe" doesn't mean that he was telling Clark to not save people.
It meant that he was a parent trying to keep his alien son safe, and he didn't have all the answers.

Yes, it's less optimistic than the comics, but I reject the grimdark label. It actually is more realistic.

>admitting in that other post that the twist was good
Except I didn't. The part I agreed with is that it's a bad twist.
>they couldn't fucking predict what they were going to do years later
Then maybe, just maybe, they should've used some other terrorist organization for their twist instead of blowing the load and delivering the most anticlimactic thing they could do.
>nobody's here crying about how Infinity War doesn't make sense because the Gauntlet was in Odin's custody in the first Thor.
I'll tell you a secret: no one but 14-year old girls ever bothered to watch Thor past the first 15 minutes.
> it's still a terrorist organization that exists by itself
Except it's completely irrelevant since Black blew his chance to do anything worthwhile with it or give it a climactic ending and it would seem like damage control if they were to use them now.

>Yes, it's less optimistic than the comics, but I reject the grimdark label. It actually is more realistic.
It defeats the point of Superman being granted morality by Earth. And as the other poster said, the only reason this was done at all was because Jesus is not suppose to learn morality by mere mortals.

Snyder made Superman an alien. The most important contribution Earth gave to him was severed. And screw realistic, if you want realism Superman would have turned out like Hancock.

I thought the premise of a Yellow Peril villain actually being a false flag used to exploit people's fears of middle eastern terrorism was genius.

However, its execution involving the meme actor was pretty mediocre, and Killian himself was utterly shit-tier and underwhelming as fuck. You don't promise your audience a halfway decent discount Fu-Manchu and then turn around and give them a Bart Simpson instead, they completely fumbled the follow-up to that twist and subsequently ruined the whole thing. If Killian was at least mildly interesting himself, or if A.I.M had anything else better to do than use that retarded Extermis virus, now that would've been one thing. But they didn't. Instead they put all their eggs into one basket, and completely half-assed the rest of the plot because they thought one kinda clever idea would be enough to carry the whole film.

Why is it always the Mandarin that people complain about anyways, when nobody's ever gave a flying fuck about him before? Sure his "ten rings" gimmick is pretty cool in theory, but that's the full extent of his appeal; just an aesthetically interesting concept without very much substance. I'm far more pissed that A.I.M was wasted and then totally forgotten. Why couldn't we have gotten a Zola-esque/uncanny valley M.O.D.O.K, or even the yellow beekeeper uniforms instead? They might as well have just made Trevor the villain, just having a laugh or with some bullshit ideological motive tacked on, even that would have been an improvement.

Why is it ok when Marvel charactets are reinvented in film?
Its not, those are issues on their respective movies. People approve of them because either don't know who the originals are or people donĀ“t get what the term adaptation means.

I think his parents did give him his moral compass though.
They handled the situation much better than most farmers would have, and they kept their son safe.

>Tony Stark was never anyone's favorite superhero before Iron Man.
It was mine's and it sold for 40 years before RDJ came in. Stop promoting this shit.

>caring about a damage control short

>However, its execution involving the meme actor was pretty mediocre, and Killian himself was utterly shit-tier and underwhelming as fuck. You don't promise your audience a halfway decent discount Fu-Manchu and then turn around and give them a Bart Simpson instead
Well to be fair the REAL twist was that Maya Hansen was the real Mandarin. Killian was literally a half-assed afterthought after Ike Permutter rejected a female villain.

>The Mandarin
>indifferent or necesary

>They handled the situation much better than most farmers would have, and they kept their son safe.
That still doesn't change the fact that it ruined the point of the story. Your "realism" created a character who failed to be a hero. Because realistically there is no heroes, so you get a failed Superman. What the fuck why did you even want realism?

The Kents were meant to be the positive representatives of the human race, and here you decide that they needed to fail their parenting to make you feel more adequate?

>no one but 14-year old girls ever bothered to watch Thor past the first 15 minutes

Oh fuck right off

Can you read?
I said that I don't think they did fail.

>Can you read?
>I said that I don't think they did fail.
If you think being the equivalent of the Hulk in DC is good enough for Superman, then sure.

But I don't think that. Jonathan in the DCEU was a good man, and Clark inherited that.

None of these things are good so I assumed you were pointing out the shitty aspects of Marvel films until that last sentence.
>do they just do it better
Anyone who thinks this is a retard

>Mandarin is just a meme
Wasn't it later revealed there really was a Mandarin and he was pretty pissed about being made into a meme and actually by the actor guy

They're not adaptations though. Almost no superhero movies are, except for 300, Sin City, and Watchmen.

how does showing a chair negate the events of the opening credits?

>They're not adaptations though.
Yeah, they are, don't you find it weird the characters are all called like Marvel comics characters user?

These.