TFW Marvel seriously thought the Inhumans could replace the X-Men

>TFW Marvel seriously thought the Inhumans could replace the X-Men
>TFW there was going to be an Inhumans movie
>TFW the Inhumans books failed and the movie got cancelled
>TFW everyone at the comic con panel laughed at the Inhumans TV show trailer
>TFW Marvel realized people hated the Inhumans and now they are finally making decent X-Men comics again

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Amara_Perera_(Earth-616)
marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Kavita_Rao_(Earth-616)
gamesradar.com/the-crowd-laughed-at-the-footage-oof-the-inhumans-sdcc-trailer-isnt-getting-much-love/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>X-Men Gold
>decent comic

Not all of them.
But from what I've heard they've been okay.

If Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. can last five seasons, why are we all so sure that Inhumans will bomb?

Because AOS had Coulson who we were sympathetic towards. Inhumans ain't got any one for audiences to slog through bad shit for.

Then you heard wrong.

>they are finally making decent X-Men comics again
ehhhhh.... not really. at least its getting away from Inhumans bullshit

AoS had Coulson and was still seen as connected to the MCU.

Inhumans seem only connected with Agents of SHIELD since the movies doesn't seem to acknowledge Inhumans.

Inhumans has Lockjaw. Plus it'll have a ton of unintentional comedic value.

Well, it's not that interesting, but neither is it insulting to the readers. Guggie is just playing it safe for too long, retreading the old steps, rather than taking the new.

Astonishing X-men

That last one is bullshit.

The X-Books are still shit across the board, and they show no signs of changing.

Camp cant save it, it looks awful. . ..
the medusa effects look pathetic. I keep thinking that BlackBolt is being played by Will Ferrell

They're being groomed to replace fantastic four now.

>but neither is it insulting to the readers
that Secret EMpire arc was beyond stupid, the quantity of retardation among what the characters did to how the whole scenario was played was too much. And before that it wasn't any better, you have Kitty speaking nonesense to look intelligent, Colossus being at his most creepy ever, Rachel hooking up with Nightcrawler out of nowhere, Gambit hooking up with Storm out of nowhere, and a bunch of other stupidity.

There's also the fact that Gug retreading the old steps, is an insult to readers itself, as he promised whole new grounds and stories for the X-Men who in his book won't look to the past but rather evolve to the future, and then proceeded to talk about Rachel's horrendous new costume (despite Rachel herself still brooding about old stories in the comic itself). It's a whole mess.

>heard
Modern comics take like 10 minutes to read, user.
Get the fuck out.

They're all pretty much completely forgettable. Some people are saying Astonishing although one issue in is showing promise, but I thought it fucking sucked.

I'll give the show a fair shake, it might be enjoyable.

It'd watch The Inhumans if BlackBolt was played by Will Ferrell

Strong first issue, but I'm not willing to call it a good series yet.

A perhaps smaller thing that really annoys me is Pixie needed to be saved twice in only eight issues.

Of all the kids to pick he goes with one of the few to be on regular X-Men teams, then he does it again.

Honestly is everyone but Rockslide is gonna be treated like a scrub I'd rather they not say or do anything at all.

I love that the Inhumans used to be a kind of niche cult thing that people didn't care too much about but tended to speak positively of when the topic came up, and now everyone fucking hates them with a passion.

The only good X-comic now is Astonishing by Lemire.

Blame Perlmutter for his push to make them "X-Men Lite" and removing the traits that made them stand out.

the only X-Men "kids" who should be students are those of Aaron.

The Morrison ones (Quentin, Cuckoos, Glob Herman, Ernst and Martha) should be in teams, or in limbo, as in, they left the school and went to college. (also, it would be nice if someone remembered Erns is Cassandra Nova)

The same goes for Hisako, Hellions, Pixie, Surge, Rockslide and Anole.

I am pretty sure Quentin actually graduated in some issue of Wolverine and the XMen.

Saw Dunkirk in IMAX and they showed the trailer for this in front of it, and my god why the fuck are they doing that IMAX premiere? It makes the terrible special effects extremely noticeable.

And then there's the whole 'Sooraya is suddenly the Demolition Expert in the mansion' thing. You would think that after the whole PR disaster with the first artist, Gug would be smart enough to not pull out shit like that.

>I am pretty sure Quentin actually graduated in some issue of Wolverine and the XMen.
That same run established that MOST of the Academy X crew had graduated, with Rockslide being held back.
I think Pixie graduating was actually shown even.

Nobody paid attention though so everyone is a fucking student again.

Does anyone know what a Marvel editor's actual duties are?
Because editing comics is clearly not one of them.

Virtue signalling on social media is #1 concern.

I may be delusional. But I think I ruined a Bendis plotline by making an anonymous comment here that got many replies, and which was later mentioned to Axel Alonso in Axel in Charge by some fans.

Bendis a few years ago when he begun his Iron Man run (the one with Tony, not his current one with Doom) had Iron Man flirting/starting a romantic relationship with an scientist indian woman who had discovered a cure for the mutant gene. marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Amara_Perera_(Earth-616)

I made a post mentioning that this was extremely stupid, because Marvel already has a female indian scientist who discovered the cure for the mutant Gene, Dr Kavita Rao, marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Kavita_Rao_(Earth-616) from Whedon's Astonishing, who was present in xmen books for many years, she was in Utopia working with Dr Nemesis.

I asked if perhaps Bendis thought he had a new idea, but it was just broken memories of a comic he read a long time ago.

That new indian female scientist got totally dropped by Bendis after that, when she had much of the first issue of Invincible Ironman dedicated to her.

don't pat yourself in the back too much, Bendis always drops everything he does without warning. There's a reason why we all know nothing happens in his books ever.

A lot of people noticed.
Hell, Kavita was still showing up at the Jean Grey School as the go-to doctor until Reyes was brought back (can't have two doctors, I guess?).

On the next page doesn't she talk about how she hasn't tested it at all, but she just knows it'd work?
I know it was something retarded like that.

Have you seen the lockjaw?
Looked awful

>Soule
>good
Not in this lifetime

He was almost nothing but good before going to Marvel.

He had a potential, but he fucking ruined it.
He has himself to blame. Lemire at least knew when to leave

Just seems silly to me to assume it's impossible for him to write anything good for Marvel.

He reached the fubar point with IvX (that he wrote alone, just like Lemire wrote DoX alone)

I went to SDCC with my sister and when I showed her the Inhumans, she asked me if they were X-Men. I told her that no, the Inhumans are different from the X-men because the Inhumans are super-advanced humans. She told me that's basically the X-Men.
what's the difference between the two, anyways?

None. Inhumans are alien mutants

James Robinson wrote the disastrous Cry For Justice, then not so long after did that excellent Shade series.

A writer is more than just their most recent bomb.

Soule never reached above mediocrity.
And frankly, his Astonishing X-Men was meh at best

>That new indian female scientist got totally dropped by Bendis after that, when she had much of the first issue of Invincible Ironman dedicated to her.

She's still showing up as Doom's sort-of love interest, although it's been a few months due to Bendis's decompression.

I like Hisako. She deserves to be on real X-men teams

>Inhumans seem only connected with Agents of SHIELD
thought it was already stated by the showrunner that AoS and Inhumans have no connection to one another.

Inhumans are bad, X-Men are good

I actually like the Inhumans in small doses or when they're supporting the Fantastic Four. They just very clearly don't have the legs to be the new x-men

damn where can I read hisako, I like her powers

also anyone got the link for all the people booing at inhumans at sdcc, Im so glad that perlmutters pet project is getting shat on, serves him right for taking our mutants away from mvci. sucks for inhumans itself though, being put into the crossfire to be something its not

She first showed up in Whedon's Astonishing. From there she pretty much rode the book the whole way up.

there was also the Wolverine and the X-men Alpha and Omega mini series and she was a major part of that X-men anime that came out a while back.

She also had some good stuff in Nation X and Life After Logan and will be appearing in the new Cable book.

>and now they are finally making decent X-Men comics again
uhm, user...

>Astonishing
>showing promise
>Soule on X-Men
>showing promise
Yeah, that doesn't sound right.

It was a COMPETENT first issue. But I agree way WAY to early to start singing HALLELUJAH

I really hope this goes okay. This team line up is wonderful

oh boy, a team that will show up for like 2 issues to fight in the background while Cable is doing something or other. Wow, I can't wait for this book to get cancelled after they realize that after their real writer ditched them for DC and this last minute replacement fill-in is over, that there is no one left to write this book.

I mean you're probably not wrong. I just really want it to be good. I see some potential here. Really give Laura and Hisako a chance to interact finally. I don't think they ever really did and being to two most recent Wolverteens I think they might have a lot to say to each other. Especially with Laura assuming Logan's mantle

But it's a time travel story with a Laura from before she became Wolverine

I just hope if that is Age of Apocalypse Blink, that after this book she remains on this earth.

Well I do hope it's Exiles Blink but Id rather she not stay in 616 because for as far as she and her tam where concerned it's a shit hole.

>X-Men are good

Are you visiting us from the 1980s, user? Or the 1990s?

Early 2000s had some good stuff. X-men didn't go to shit till around 2009ish

They were shitty for a lot of the 90's

Honestly since the original Claremont run the main X-Books have been mostly shit.
The quality is typically in the side stuff.

People are too hard on the 90s. Not everything Liefeld and shit EXTREME shit. Plenty of good stuff came out of them and there was at least some semblance of editorial control

There's one very good reason why the Inhumans failed and it's Medusa.

She's boring as fuck, and they push her as the most important character.

>TFW Marvel seriously thought the Inhumans could replace the X-Men

Marvel doesn't think this, Perlmutter does. Marvel just has to dance his retarded dance.

how come no one has cured down syndrome in this universe yet?

I think I'd rather see the comics get on track and finish their student arcs and THEN graduate them. All the good young X-Men were just sort of left hanging or turned into different characters altogether.

the last really good x men books are from 2011 2012 iirc, Gillens Uncanny X Men and Spurrier's X Men Legacy.

gamesradar.com/the-crowd-laughed-at-the-footage-oof-the-inhumans-sdcc-trailer-isnt-getting-much-love/

This fills me with so much joy.

This gives me hope that comic book fans are not gullible nimrods that would latch at overhyped disappointments.

They used to rule the entire Kree empire until some idiot decided to shove them back on Earth in a shitty attempt to replace the mutants.

Hickman brought them back and this was before the attempt to replace mutants

Spider Man & the X-Men was good, and I've heard good things about the Magneto solo.

>book that shits all over the x-men
>good

You're either a spiderfag or a x-kid fag

it's actually weird seeing this kind of negative response. GEEK culure has become so sycophantic lately

>shits all over the x-men
how?
the most jarring thing I remember was the symbiote brood alliance treated kind of like a joke instead of a fucking crossover worthy threat

I guess you skipped morrison/austen

It's another comic that treats the young x-men like babies completely glossing over all the shit they went through some of which would have broken the big x-men

>watching trailer
>the music starts playing
>mfw
ME: andromeda ruined this song so much for me

>heard
The state of Sup Forums

Nobody likes Agents of S.H.I.T.

ABC kept it alive for synergy.

They've been students too long.

Graduate them but don't promote most of them to the X-Men. Editorial wants to constantly rehash the same old Claremont lineups? Use that as a plot point. No matter how much real experience or education they get, the baby boomers just won't retire and let them take their jobs.

So have them stuck in dead end jobs, working as interns or secretaries and the like.

And then have them come together to create their own organization, their version of the New Mutants graduating into X-Force.

It doesn't help when we got the time displaced O5 fucking shit up and taking the roll of the teen team

So yeah not only does any character made after 1994 get overshadowed by the adult x-men they get fucked over by the teen version of the adult x-men.

Hisako and Rockslide showed up in a couple of issues of Gold and all it was was kitty bitching about keeping them safe and only allowing the impervious ones to do shit. Kinda.

I want to let that sink in. Kitty. Who was fighting with the x-men since she was 15ish.

>spider-man shows up at the school
>x-men yell "hey fuck you spider-man your not my mugga" for no reason other than to establish spider-man as superior to them