Why is diversity/feminist pandering so prevalent in marvel lately...

Why is diversity/feminist pandering so prevalent in marvel lately? What possessed its writers and artists to enmasse fill their stories with shoehorned agendas and thinky veiled misandry. Why do they think the comic medium is their own political mouthpeice?

Marvel's hiring department

gamergate

Because it's an avenue to grow readership. They're probably finding that readership is declining among the 18-24 male demographic and trying to make that up with other demos. People acting like it's anything other than a cynical marketing move are kidding themselves.

How did this happen because of gamergate then? Also, why do females feel the need to censor violence in sex in VIDEO GAMES? Are they that insecure about their fat selves that they need to erase anyone prettier then them?

But sales have gone down drastically since theyve been pandering to sjws. Females dont buy comics.

It's modern culture and the need to set themselves apart from the competition. Back in 2010 when that batgirl cosplayer asked DC why they didn't have any women creators, this shit was brought right to cape publishers. People look at the classic Justice League and they see a bunch of white guys. Marvel's had an in with "the struggle" in a generic way via the X-men, so they're a good fit to be the more inclusive company.

gamergate showed that men are shit and pandering to them is morally wrong.

>How did this happen because of gamergate then?

Regardless of how ineffectual it actually was, it made a lot of those types of people ultra defensive and more vocal in putting their ideas out there as forcefully as possible. It continues to exist as a boogeyman for them to point at and cower from despite it being pretty much dead as a "movement".

Cause everyone who tries to stand up aganist this shit gets shouted down, even here. The "dude, I just wanna read comics haha ur just as bad as them!" crowd doesnt get that this is the kind of shit that happens if someone gets a free hand to turn everything into thinly veiled propaganda

Literally the same shit happened with gamergate too Any organized opposition was destroyed and now the same "moderate" faggots who "just wanted to play video games" get to enjoy hits like mass effect andromeda by "white tears" manveer hair

>men are shit and pandering to them is morally wrong.
Plz be ironic, if not kill yourself you emasculated faggot

It didn't, what happened to Marvel and Gamergate came from the same base causes. Identity politics is an extension of the American liberal inability to actually do anything other than campaign out of fear of biting the hands that feed (corporations), and over time that bleeds into everything. The internet has made a good fighting grounds for identity politics, and as Facebook and Twitter became more popular in the 2010's identity politics began to become a facet of every hobby and media enterprise.

The main goal of companies is to sell and make profit. Controversies can cause you to lose some profit. Simple as that.

As long as it sells, they'll keep doing it

>The internet has made a good fighting grounds for identity politics, and as Facebook and Twitter became more popular in the 2010's identity politics began to become a facet of every hobby and media enterprise.
So the question is, when will it go away?

Much like the cancers that the ideology is named for, progressives infect whatever institutions allow them to thrive and so overwhelm them that they cease to function because the part of their brains that allow people to think long term are severely underdeveloped from years of freebasing participation trophies.

It wont at this point, it'll always exist because the people who believe in identity politics believe it's a good thing and if you don't support it you are bad, it's also so broad that you can change the definition or expand its reach into just about anything by saying things like if you don't support it you must be racist/sexist/homophobic and even if you are a non white person then you must be an uncle Tom or have internalized racism, you don't get to be your own person.

Well then when will it subside to a significant degree. Theirs no way it can stay this bad forever.

Just say that you're a pedophilia already. Nobody would be surprised.

If it were just a marketing move, wouldn't they have pulled back when it didn't drive sales? Maybe do what DC did and give a back to basics thing?

I think that a significant amount of the industry are true believers. I mean it wasn't the marvel marketing team that nominated Faith and Mockinbird for best new book, and Mockingbird for Best writer of the year at the esiners.

Nothing lasts forever. Identity politics will fall out of fashion, most likely when there's a new, bigger problem to worry about. Maybe the battle between secular and radical islam spilling over into the west, or global warming, or a major proxy war in africa between China and the west. Or maybe we'll get designer babies or new biotech, so skin color drops in importance a dozen notches.

>goldberg

I don't think there is pandering, I think marvel has chosen a stance in todays political climate and are using their right to free speech to make that known.

If you disagree, stop giving them money.

jazz jenner. shi cant get her "bottom surgery" because the drugs they put hir on stopped her pee pee from being a viable inverted pussy. stuff like this will is already showing that SJW bs has no basis in fact and any attempts to correct "cosmic injustice" are just as bad as leaving things alone.

They wanna distract people from their CEO being a Trump flunky.

>Why is diversity/feminist pandering so prevalent in marvel lately?
Companies virtue signaling for the sake of profit. Comics and video games need more diversity but it needs to come from the heart not to prove you're a good person or to try and make a quick buck. Compare the Static Shock animated series to what's coming out now. Huge fucking difference.

Free speech was a mistake

>Free speech is bad when it's something I don't want to hear.

They shouldn't want SJW fans cause they are very toxic negative people. They will bring their toxic negatively into the fandom and make everything toxic and negative. Their negative brings negative. They are entitled jerks too.

>a certain race or gender
>white male

SJWs alex?

Static shock was fucking awesome

>If you disagree, stop giving them money.
We stopped giving them money a long time ago which is why Marvel comics sell so abysmally poorly that everyone knows and makes fun of them. Literally the only thing keeping Marvel alive is Disney. But yeah, Marvel isn't doing well. It's funny that SJWs are mad we aren't buying their comics.

Well at one point it certainly starts to make you question whether some people really should have it. But generally free speech is a good thing because then we can look at what others are doing wrong and just NOT do what they're doing.

Certain political viewpoints should be banned

>years of freebasing participation trophies.
fucking kek

>cute shota trap
You know theres something that arent wrong about identity politics

It's this generation's manifestation of the "pls take me srsly" syndrome. Except this time, instead of going full edge-lords like the 90's, they've taken to parroting what their highschool teachers and college professors were spouting.

somehow I can already hear shadman all over this

>for the sake of profit
So why are they still doing it?

Exactly. Static Shock was unapologetically black show and it didn't shy away from issues. McDuffie believed in the messages of the series and everyone was happy with it. Now compare that to [Unsolicited Opinions on Israel???].jpg

Beats the fuck out of me.

pride gets in the way. saying "i was wrong" is pretty hard for some people.

If you would fuck that then you should be in prison. Seriously, he's like ten years old!

It isn't selling. Marvel's comic sales are awful.

because they have some fanatics in editorial who believe their opinions are the inevitable consensus opinion and they want to be on the "right side of history."

Gamergate, at least on Sup Forums, I don't know what happened on twitter, was unironically right. People were just collecting information about reviewers, what games they gave 10/10 and what bonus practices (freebies, tickets to conventions, etc) said companies gave them.
Every call for a raid or personal attacks to people was pointed out as a false flag by the posters.

fucking lulz

>Why do they think the comic medium is their own political mouthpeice?
That's right, comics having any sort of political slant is something that just now started and was never done before. Writers should never show any sort of political opinion whatsoever in their creative works. Everything needs to be as bland and unopinionated as possible so that it doesn't trigger you.

No, because it's not just about trying to sell in comic shops. They KNOW your average comic store patron doesn't care about this.

But in business, you don't just say "we sell well with one type of person, so we're just going to leave it at that". You try to expand into other markets and demographics. The idea is maybe if there are books that appeal to someone who doesn't typically go to a comic shop, and if it gets talked about in the news, maybe someone who it DOES appeal to will come to the shop and start buying comics.

Alternatively they can sell them the book in graphic novel format in book stores, schools, and on Amazon, and maybe that will get them interested in Marvel comics.

The fact is even with the success of the movies, sales for superhero comics have barely gone up at all. Meanwhile, sales of superhero trades and graphic novels have skyrocketed. So naturally, since a company HAS to grow, Marvel is going to try to make books that appeal to all types of patrons of bookstores/online stores and book fairs, not just men in their mid 20's who want to buy Captain America.

Absolutely nothing "needs more diversity".

Adults are talking. Go play with the other kids.

cause its time for comics to grow up and become a competent medium for engaging stories.
You can buy your mantasies somewhere else, there are other comic companies still making those. Quit panicking

>Are they that insecure about their fat selves that they need to erase anyone prettier then them?
I have heard several of my female coworkers tell me that this is the case.

that kid can't pull off those shorts. wait til he's 16

gg was fine until it got hijacked by personal army fags and the retards who bought into it.

Moot did nothing wrong

they spent a bunch of time being blatantly misogynistic so now they have to make up for it the way that only a puerile brat would think to make up for it: by shoving misandry down their clueless audience's stupid throats.

marvel is total horse shit. stop being a mouseshitter and grow up.

I know this is bait but I just want to talk about this so I don't care. Honestly the worst part about Marvel's take on female heroes is the way they infantilize them. I would love to read more adult stories, but instead it's cutesy childish garbage full of terrible "humor" and a lot of no-stakes bad writing. Take Gotham Central and Renee's storyline in it from over a decade ago. Great, adult, serious, well executed. Compare that to literally any comic about one of Marvel's queer heroes today. What a world of difference.

>hijacked
bullshit, any person who called for raids in Sup Forums was shut down, threads there was fine. Again, I can't vouch for their twitter behaviour, but that's not really relevant in Sup Forums, is it?

Eh. We'll be fine. I mean Marvel survived the MangaVerse.

>get to enjoy hits like mass effect andromeda by "white tears" manveer hair

>a game that had such a negative response and poor sales that the branch of Bioware responsible for it was all fired -I'm sorry, "redistributed"- and all future Mass Effect games have been permanently bussed to indefinite hiatus land

Literally the only time EA has ever done anything right.

It got hijacked and blown way out of proportion because the mod-squad starting trying to suppress it. If they had left the threads be, it would've stayed on Sup Forums instead of getting Sup Forums, Sup Forums, /r9k/, and Sup Forums involved.

>engaging stories
Kill yourself

literally no one reads comics, but buzzfeed type articles about this stuff is good for merch sales and movie/show ratings.
all the dudebros already have the t-shirt printed like iron man's torso. Now the little girl's department at Target can sell it too, and it'll be inspirational and shit.

actual readers and subscribers are a tertiary market. Video game companies care more about the kids who watch LPs on youtube than Marvel cares about people who go to the comic shop and read their comics.

>I don't think there is pandering, I think marvel has chosen a stance in todays political climate and are using their right to free speech to make that known.

No. They are ALSO using their right to free speech to actively deny it to others. And not just people who disagree with them. People who agree with them but not in the right way also take it to the face. Specific examples are shit like Alex Kot, who went after Edmonson, for doing punisher artwork for veterans charities. Or the girls who tried to get Howard "dickgirls in the reagan administration" Chaykin blacklisted from Image. Or the shit with Frank Miller or Cho.

They're not wrong. Nothing /needs/ more diversity.

Marvel needs to work on not being shitty. Diversity comes naturally as more creators come in and people learn about new concepts. They won't even get close get to whatever diversity nirvana they think can be reached if they crash the company.

>editorial
The problem is they don't have an editorial department. It's all the writers and artists bullshit.

Or Robinson and Hinkle's Airboy that used a "transphobic slur" in a way that was obviously not praising the use of the slur but they had to change it for the hardcover anyway because the internet exploded on them the day it released.

Fucking this.

That kind of knee-jerk reaction shit drives me up a wall. Especially when people are getting up in arms over a VILLAIN doing something horrible or "icky". It's like if anything bad happens in a comic it must mean that the author is endorsing that kind of behavior, so they're in turn a terrible person.

This, sadly. They tried to put out the flames of that mass by dousing them with oil. Between janitors/moderators going full Nazi crackdown mode and the whole "Gamers Are Dead" article wave fiasco, what would have been a small spat that petered out over the course of a few weeks exploded into a massive shitshow.

That's bullshit and you know it. Political/Gender/Racial pandering was happening before gamergate.

If there was anything good that came from Gamergate it was that it exposed how bias people and websites(both comic/video game and political) can be in their ideologies.

That's one thing but the comics are horribly written even outside of a political context

True. And the art is godawful.

Honestly you could say most pieces of art and entertainment of any medium is political in one way or another

Well, it will completely kill capeshit within out lifetimes so it's not all bad.

They're their own worst enemy considering the results of the last election

The more they cry, the more regular people hate or ignore them

an white women just ADMIT that all the lead female representation in media lately has been white? woc aren’t saying that the representation is useless or bad, we’re obviously excited to see star wars and mad max too. but it’s not that hard to recognize that there’s also a major gap waiting to be filled, and until it is, the future is still not female, sorry

(This opinion brought to you by Tumblr)

This
The movie industry is basically the only thing keeping marvel alive, when normalfags stop liking superhero films basically everyone at marvel will be jobless within a year

Because people who think it's sexist for a woman to exist in front of them are failing to drag others down to their level of intelligence.

Who is the worst numarvel character and why is it whor?

It is to compensate for clearly worsening situation in public places.

Women can try to spin it into a "girl power" thing all they want, the fact that e.g. at Glastonbury women have a place to segregate from men to enjoy music without abuse tells you exactly where society is progressing.