I just realized how much of the Iron Man movies are about tony stark saving himself or his interests rather than saving...

I just realized how much of the Iron Man movies are about tony stark saving himself or his interests rather than saving other people. There are moments where he does save people, sure, but the villains are ultimately concerned with taking from stark or killing stark or usurping stark, and the plot is pretty much him trying to fix that more than anything else.

Yes I realized this after Age of Ultron. Stark is a piece of shit who everyone praises as a hero and all his mistakes are forgiven and forgotten.

>but the villains are ultimately concerned with taking from stark
Which would result in thousands of deaths, preventing Stark's tech from falling into bad hands saves countless people, what the fuck is with Sup Forums not being able to see the big fucking picture.

MCU Stark is a selfish piece of shit, but everything he does is forgiven because he quips (so he can't be that bad).

He is the Avenger that probably did the most to make the world a better place. Be it with charity,be it with science, be it with funding a team of super heroes to take down vilains.

What the hell you want anymore?

>The tech billionaire is self centered
Color me red my shock.

He's basically Bill Cosby in Chappelle's bit.

>rich asshole
>saves people
>runs company responsible for arming terrorists
>shuts division down
>could have arc reactor tech in every region of the world
>doesn't
>privatizes world peace
>saves people for the government

He rapes but he saves.

yeah that's been iron man's niche for about 40 years now

Please, someone tell me wtf the FBI guys were going to do without Spider-Man on the ferry?
Oh, yeah, they would have died like chumps.
Tony legit sent them unprepared to their deaths against a fucking sipervillian and then patted himself on the back for it.

>Please, someone tell me wtf the FBI guys were going to do without Spider-Man on the ferry?
>Oh, yeah, they would have died like chumps.

You know Vulture and Shocker are still just normal dudes who don't even wear body armor. You can still just shoot them. Not his fault the agents they sent were ludicrously incompetent.

Iron Man was literally conceived as an attempt to get young liberals of the sixties to sympathize with someone that represented everything they hate, so it’s no surprise he’s generally a bit of a Randian character.

Most of the MCU villains are caused by Tony Stark.
Iron Monger, Whiplash, The Mandarin, Ultron, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch , Zemo (though I could be remembering that wrong), The Vulture, and probably some of the TV show villains that I don't know about.

Being bulletproof is standard garb for supervillain outfits, so their guns would be as useful as butterknives.

>I just realized how much of the Iron Man comics are about tony stark saving himself or his interests rather than saving other people. There are moments where he does save people, sure, but the villains are ultimately concerned with taking from stark or killing stark or usurping stark, and the plot is pretty much him trying to fix that more than anything else.
ftfy

I know, it's just annoying that SJWs and liberals love RDJ's Iron Man and fail to see the irony in it. They classify people according to their worldviews and politics until they start making jokes, then they forget about those issues because he's "likeable."

Maybe people would like it if he didn't create most of the problems he "saves" the world from. We all know it's consistent with his ego, but it's stupid to call him a hero. At best, he's a fuck up who means well (like Bizzaro).

>Stark is a piece of shit who everyone praises as a hero and all his mistakes are forgiven and forgotten.
People only think this because most of the good stuff Stark does happens offscreen or in the comic tie-ins, I.E. singlehandedly destroying entire terrorist groups and making the world a safer place by disarming various conflict zones, bankrolling the Avengers in their entirety and designing a good chunk of their equipment, fighting to destroy HYDRA's remnants (which, lets face it, he, Thor and Hulk handled the biggest threats) the Stark relief foundation helping the victims of Johannesburg and Sokovia, or just his activity as an Avenger and philanthropist inbetween films. Keep in mind, he does this pro-bono.

You don't see him doing good things because that's not what people go to the movies to see Stark do. Stark's draw is the fact that he's a complicated, hyper-competent former asshole borderline mad scientist that's trying his damnedest to do good for the world. That's what makes him unique. Take that away, and he's just quipping, flying Batman, and I am so fucking sick of Batman...

Besides, people tend to concentrate on his negative aspects because those take the spotlight, but he doesn't get enough credit for the heroic deeds he does in the moment. This is a guy with no formal training that charged an armed superhuman assassin that could rip him to shreds, zero hesitation, with nothing but a fancy glove, and managed to disarm him at the extreme risk of his own life, saving the lives of several agents Bucky was fighting moments before.

And while everyone else's worst fears manifesting as past baggage, Stark's biggest fear was losing the Avengers and the world...which ironically paints him as only Avenger focused ENTIRELY on what he can do to save the people he's close to. With that in mind, I can't really paint him as entirely selfish.

Out of all the Avengers, Stark is the one they technically need the most. Without him, there is no Avengers.

Vulture used his wings as shields.

I tried telling this to my cousin and he was flabbergasted that anyone could see Tony as unlikable.

Most people aren't smart enough to remember what Tony Stark did, they only remember that he was so funny XD.

>Tumblrinas have a better handle on MCU Stark's character than actual comic fans

>Bringing an actual character analysis to a taiwanese imageboard
This is Sup Forums. We judge EVERYTHING at face value.>This is a guy with no formal training that charged an armed superhuman assassin that could rip him to shreds, zero hesitation, with nothing but a fancy glove, and managed to disarm him at the extreme risk of his own life, saving the lives of several agents Bucky was fighting moments before.

I have to admit, this was pretty fucking cool. RDJ's face at that moment was perfect.