Post moments in Sup Forums series that pissed off fans

Post moments in Sup Forums series that pissed off fans.

>Not any post-episode-three scene with Ashi

>implying
I liked it though. Like, have you watched the show? Of course they were gonna resolve it with a CHA roll. Y'all are just looking for reasons to bitch.

Even if they wanted to solve the problem through talking and pacifism, the scene could've at least been cooler or more artistic. You have a character telepathically talking to broken shards of minds and the best visuals they can come up with is Steven floating in a void.

If the location was cooler and the conversation was at least more compelling than Steven just whining and shouting, "UGH, MY HEAD!", I don't think people would've hated it as much.

/thread

at that point, i don't think most people cared anymore
really this is just infuriating retroactively thanks to the upcoming comic and anytime Bryke say something about it

Or, OR you could stop drinking the Kool-Aid and accept that the show has issues with anticlimaxes.

Well we all better much know it will come back up eventually (possibly when the diamonds find out it still hasn't formed and destroyed earth) so maybe it wasn't that dramatic because what Steven did isn't a permanent solution?
I do agree it could have been made more effective and left a larger impact I'm just saying

It's the parody, but it still fits

Oh, I thought that was a dreambubble from Homestuck.
No, no, that thing in Steven Universe was much less infuriating. I barely felt mad at it at all honestly.

I haven't read Homestuck past the first 4 acts, what was wrong about dream bubbles?

I sincerely don't know what else you faggots were expecting.
How else do you guys think they were going to deal with a fucking earth-shattering abomination that is bigger than their biggest fusion?

Destroy it with the drill?

There was no real indication the drill was going to fail. If the writers wanted it to be successful, even if it broke in the process, they could very well have made it so.

It's not the dreambubbles themselves that's the issue.
The issue is that they housed an afterlife where Hussie asspulled plot points out of fucking nowhere, up to and including a literal retcon to the story to resolve a conflict that was literally, both in real life and in the comic, over three years old by making it never happen in the first place. It's awful. Don't bother finishing it.

How is that any better than what we got? Just a drill through the core and then done? Isn't it better that it's still available for plot use?

>I haven't read Homestuck past the first 4 acts
good

>There was no real indication the drill was going to fail.
Are you serious, the thing was giant and nigh-indestructible, we all knew it was a big weapon meant to destroy the Earth, what kind of Star Wars shit would it be if you just needed to hit the drill against a specific weak point to safely wreck it? The drill was like a needle to it.

>Just a drill through the core and then done?
No, have it actually be a tense scene, something goes wrong, maybe Peridot gets knocked out of the drill and Steven has to save her or something. Maybe have Steven try to speak to the Cluster but it's too far gone and Peridot is forced to hit a weak point to destroy it. Maybe Steven learns the lesson of you can't save everyone there rather than with Bismuth.

>Isn't it better that it's still available for plot use?
If they'd actually get around to fucking using it, yeah. But at this point, they won't get around to using it until like, 2019.

>Are you serious, the thing was giant and nigh-indestructible
According to who? They were broken gem shards glued together. The Crystal Gems have been poofed from something as simple as falling off a high ledge. Most of the time, Garnet is able to punch most gem monsters that causes them to explode.

>what kind of Star Wars shit would it be if you just needed to hit the drill against a specific weak point to safely wreck it?
You would just need Star Wars shit where there's a weak point. Didn't Peridot already mention trying to hit a weak point anyway?

You mean the drill made out of scrap and whatever the fuck else was in Greg's barn?
The one that was already falling apart?
The one that did jack shit except make the Cluster angry?
That is the drill you're talking about?
For more that Sugar likes anime, this isn't Gurren Langan where the characters can just drill their way out of problems with hot blood and determination.

>According to who?
Common sense? It was a weapon made by Yellow Diamond. It had to be strong.

>The Crystal Gems have been poofed from something as simple as falling off a high ledge.
Right but that's poofing.
This wasn't a hard light construct, the cluster was essentially a giant rock.

>How else do you guys think they were going to deal with a fucking earth-shattering abomination that is bigger than their biggest fusion?
In an exiting way I suppose that the point of fiction it let you make interesting stories about underdogs winning against the odds. They could have made an episode about them figuring out how to defeat the cluster instead of an episode about Ronaldo being cringy for the 4th time

The drill was made of scrap parts and the cluster was made of scrap gems. There's no reason to assume the cluster was the hardest material in the solar system other than assumption. If the crew WANTED the drill to work, it would have just worked. It's apparently strong enough to drill through the Earth's crust and magma, but gem shards are too out of the question?

>Yellow "I'm too incompetent to realize that everyone I send on Earth doesn't come back" Diamond
>Yellow "I got distracted with a petty fight and let a underpowered 14-year old escape my grasp" Diamond
>Yellow "I should follow up on that Cluster report after that Peridot went traitor who definitely has more than enough knowledge to abort the whole project" Diamond

The Diamonds are becoming more incompetent than Irkens. And with Lars of all people apparently outsmarting the entire species off-screen and assembling a rebel space team, it's a wonder how they managed to even win a war in the first place.

That's the thing, don't make the stakes so high if you aren't going to actually do anything interesting with it. Gravity Falls suffered this exact problem with Weirdmageddon.

>The drill was made of scrap parts and the cluster was made of scrap gems.
Gems are stronger than random Earth junk, and the cluster was made by a more competent and powerful engineer.

That still doesn't explain why the drill was able to go through Earth's crust and through solid lava but Gem material is just too strong other than "the writers willed it to be".

Further showing that if the writers WANTED the drill to be strong enough to take out shards, it could've been.

The fact that this was ultimately ditched in favor of the anticlimax we got makes me PRETTY GODDAMN UPSET FUCK IT ALL

>Lars of all people apparently outsmarting the entire species off-screen
Seeing that he went from a store clerk with no idea about the planet he was in to a space pirate stealing powerfull ships from high officers I wouldn´t be surprised if the nest time we see Lars he is in a thorne in homeworld surrounded by pearls dressed like slave princess leia.

It was most likely due to budget. Though, I'm sure someone business savvy could've figured out a way for the crew to not go overboard with animation while still having decent production quality.

Wander Over Yonder was only able to have the musical episode because they cut down the budget on the "Hater makes an animated show" episode and move the money over to the musical instead.

Star Vs. also managed to go up in quality during Battle for Mewni finale and I assume they cut corners in other segments to make it possible.

Bubbled quasi-sapient Cluster has infinitely more potential than glorified-nuke Cluster. It WILL come up again, as everything does in this show. I'd be surprised if we didn't, at the very least, get an episode confirming they're feeding the other gem shard mutants into it, as their 'happy ending'. Possibly it could become an actual antagonist in its own right.

Push it even further, he went from a guy shitting his pants over Topaz to a tactical genius who is capable of stealing the CLOTHES off a LIGHT CONSTRUCT for a stealth mission.

Anticlimax is the name of the game, of all the ways Steven could have returned home after confronting the diamonds the SU crew decided that him finding out by pure chance that Lars and Lion where linked was the better option.

C'mon guys, use your heads. "The world destroying monster gets sealed" is one of the oldest fucking tropes. There's no fucking way the bubbled Cluster isn't going to be a plot point in the future.

Not even mad.

>Come on guys, the big exciting event they keep hyping up and then never happening has been done before. So of course they'd do it here.
It'd be a shame if this show actually tried to be fun or interesting, I agree

I mean, it was bad, but this shit was just the last nail in the coffin that was LoK and was largely held together by an excessive amount of nails and plywood and slagged-nail-metal for one shitty-ass casket for the decrepit corpse that was interest and entertainment in the Avatar World.

Who knows? We might see the concept Cluster one day.
Its not like the Cluster is truly gone.

Romeo and Juliet is also one of the oldest love stories of all times. That doesn't excuse Ruby and Sapphire's from being so boring. Typically in modern writing, you try to subvert trope expectations because of how expected they are. You don't cater to them 100% and then just go, "Hey, it's a classic, c'mon!".

That true? If so then the makes of WoY were geniuses, able to remove money from an episode and make it actually good 'because' of that, while also making another episode of WoY amazing due to excess money.

Why can't we have more people like that?

haven't seen Sup Forumsmblr and /polco/ get so mad in a loooong time

>huuur duuur he should have destroyed the cluster missing the point

No. Here is a better way to do it:
>2 episodes to deal with the cluster
>guarding the cluster there are 2 giant forced fusions that all the crystal gems need to fight, while Steven and Peridot try to destroy the cluster
>Steven still has visions inside the cluster, but this time we get to see past memories of the dead gems,showing up new designs and driving some lore hints to the homeworld.
>has to win a battle of wills with the cluster, by using his positive memories against their agonizing ones.
>convinces them to bubble themselves like canon.

What you guys think? The cluster thing being 2-3 episodes would have helped.

Pic semi related to the thread, but I really just wanted to post it.

It's funny actually, how Hanazuki, which is aiming at a younger demo than SU is, did the same premise better with world ending super monster being beaten by friendship and love, but the difference here being unlike SU, the super monster hasn't been beaten all the way and the threat of it is still real with the idea of it coming back at any time.

Sup Forums, Sup Forums, and Tumblr were the only fags that hated it. Every other board had a field day the night it aired.

Covering all your bases, I see.

Nigga were you even here on Sup Forums when this happened? This was the one time where I saw Sup Forums come together on all fucking various Samurai Jack threads to mutually enjoy the sheer surprise and tumblr butt-hurt of this one moment.

I literally do not remember one single post on any thread having problems with this, just various degrees of laughter and reaction images.

>Pic related, one of the many reaction images I got from these threads.

>Why can't we have more people like that?
Well Craig's been in the business for 25+ years now. A lot of other modern cartoon creators are in their 20's who often have very little experience before getting their own show.

Shit, Daron Nefcy was barely in the industry before she got Star Vs. Sugar's only experience was Adventure Time. Hirsch only worked on Flapjack and Fishhooks. Pen Ward worked in the industry for two years before getting Adventure Time.

Studios seem to be favoring, "Take a chance on a college-aged kid to come up with something outside the box" method right now than "Trust veterans to pitch an idea".

Added note; the fucking song auto-playing on the board. Mods be praised that day

there were plenty of mgtow fags who bitched as well about how Ashi ruined the series
I loved the scene personally and I was in every thread on Saturday nights

Damn, he'd be a way better character as a perverted girl. I feel a sense of loss now.

The thing is that a monster getting sealed is still a plot point because you need to make sure it stays sealed. How many stories start with an ancient evil, imprisoned by ancient heroes, escaping it's prison to wreck havoc in the world only for a new generation of heroes to rise up and defeat it?

Well sure, 'after' the episode aired there was a bitchfest, but the night it happened I just saw pure joy. I saw Sup Forums be happy. I saw the Sup Forumsllective body of the various anons of Sup Forums actually experience joy.

It's fitting how Nefcy got into the industry thanks to Craig, in fact he was a major reason she pitched it and it greenlit by Disney

>Studios seem to be favoring, "Take a chance on a college-aged kid to come up with something outside the box" method right now than "Trust veterans to pitch an idea".
That's not as good a system as it seems. It's literally just promoting people because of connections. Sometimes we get good shit out of it, but I hate systems like this with a passion.

is there anything Craig's touched that isn't pure gold?

>Nefcy got into the industry thanks to Craig
Wait, did he?

It's always been connections for the industry, though. Most of the artists you know and love in the 90's were only successful because of them got in and held the door open for their friends.

If anything, it's actually a bit more liberating now because random artists with zero connections on the internet can get noticed through happenstance by a showrunner looking for talent. Most of Harvey Beaks crew were people CH Greenblatt picked out after browsing online artists he liked and sending them a test. A lot of them didn't have any experience prior to the show.

Yeah, of course it could always be better but sometimes it's easier to just accept things for what they are, and su is fine once you do that

loss, you say?
it was great with the dean martin
yeah it's kind of shitty though when you see these nobodies get greenlit shows while others like JG Quintel had to work for their shit

That was one good time.

He recommended her to CN at first, that was where she pitched it, but it was declined in favor of SU

She then tried again at Disney then got in.

He said pissed off, not make you sad

Sealing it wasn't the problem, it was the execution. Steven's interactions with the Cluster weren't really insightful enough to feel like he really convinced the thing to resist its instinct to hatch. Steven should have spent a lot more time interacting with the thing, maybe learning how it thinks and what aspects all of its collective consciousnesses share in common (like the will to live or memories of home), then making an emotional appeal to that aspect of it.

You can't really do a plot about talking something like the Cluster down if you're not going to earn it.

The Princess Amethyst cartoon also got passed up because of SU, too.

>Sup Forums switches from psychotic raving rage at a plot point to psychotic raving "amusement" at others for disliking the same plot point
Not big surprise.

>Well we all better much know

>Gems are stronger than random Earth junk

Bullshit they are, Amethyst was able to crack her gem easily. You're severely overrating the Gems for the sake of defending the show.

>Bullshit they are, Amethyst was able to crack her gem easily.
She fell like a million miles and all she got was a crack, it didn't even go all the way through. A human falling from that distance would have been a smear on the ground.

Still more build up than

>She fell like a million miles
Dude, it was a 10 story cliff at the most. Which is nothing to sneeze at, but it's hardly "a million miles"

>Steven is having trouble making any headway with the Cluster, because its thought process is so fragmented
>Steven asks them not to destroy his home, and the word "home" strikes a chord with them
>millions of tiny, crude images of the gems' homes manifest, eventually blending together to form a giant, colorful, beautiful dreamscape mess made up of various locations they considered home (kindergartens, space stations, homeworld, ect)
>Steven sees a part of it that he recognizes as Earth and realizes that there were gems in the Cluster who were fighting for Earth, too
>as soon as Steven mentions the word "Earth", the Cluster goes into a frenzy of voices, some wanting to go back to Earth, some wanting to destroy Earth, and some being terrified of the planet
>the visualization of the Earth part of the dreamscape begins cracking and being destroyed
>the destruction begins spreading to the other parts of the dreamscape, which begins turning the frenzy of cluster voices into more unified, upset cries at visualization of their homes being destroyed
>Steven begs them one last time not to destroy his home and suddenly the Cluster goes quiet (having finally understood what Steven was trying to tell it, although Steven doesn't know what it means)
>suddenly the Cluster begins scream that it's hatching and Steven is kicked out
>hands begin growing out of it, making Steven worry that he failed
>many of the hands start grabbing other hands and trying to pull them back down while the Cluster begins screaming for help
>Steven understands and tries to bubble it
>the giant hands gently cover Steven and together they bubble the Cluster
I'd have even accepted something cheesy like that.

>How else do you guys think they were going to deal with a fucking earth-shattering abomination that is bigger than their biggest fusion?

SEID IHR DAS ESSEN?
NEIN, WIR SIND DER JÄGER!

>She fell like a million miles
>Not that large a cliff. If compared to the Dover Cliffs it's roughly around 350-450 feet tall.
>Not even 1/10 of a mile

Got this funny feeling you'r enjoying summer vacation, sonny boyo

Lapis got fucking stepped on.

>YD cares about a couple of fleeing insects enough to stop arguing with BD
>any human like Lars is able to bypass gem security and appear invisible because that's how insignificant they are to gems
The rest is due to stupidity or oversight, but these two points are due to Homeworld's superiority complex.

>there are anons in this thread right now who are this stupid and unaware of themselves

cartooninstitute and some various mediocre shorts

Wow they really hate him, don't they?

Lauren Faust also tried to pitch Super BFFs to Cartoon Network, but it also didn't get picked up because CN already had Steven Universe and didn't want too many girl shows.

I'll bet it was Concrete.

>holding him to details of an obvious exaggeration
>a-actually that isn't so!
You sure he's the summer poster here?

I remember watching this live, or a close as possible with the way Nick was uploading the series, and saying to myself "That was nice of them to throw those Korrasami people a bone like that."
I spent the rest of that night being the most understated man on the planet.

>ares about a couple of fleeing insects
Except YD believes one of them is Rose fucking Quartz, a little more than a "fleeing insect" in her eyes.

That's a CN fuck up, not SU. But what else is new?

>Too many girl shows
>Steven Universe and NuPPG
>Rest of line-up is dudebro shows

i don't understand exec logic.

>LOL AMON WAS A BLOODBENDER ALL ALONG

Even in The Cartoon you can see the silhouettes are animated extremely smoothly.

Not really a moment but these two not going anywhere did piss Sup Forums off.

a true classic

I don't know what bizarre Sup Forums you're from but everyone was having a laugh, tumbler was crying foul.

I enjoyed every episode what now nigger!

>clarence
>bears
>flash animated garbage
They were actually pandering to the soft-minded retard demographic.

Meh, never bothered me. Sure it did lessen the impact of his message, but he was still a legit antagonist and LoK season 1 was still a great watch.

Because there's the assumption that "boys watch more cartoons than girls. And girl cartoons have to be super girly as a result."

Similarly with how is hard that, despite being in shows for "boys", toys of girl characters are super rare. It's an archaic way of executive thinking, specially when they don't see there's a niche they can exploit with it since there's almost no competition in not-as-girly-girl shows.