If DC were to do Civil War?

If DC were to do Civil War?

What would the sides look like?

Is it Team Batman v Team Superman?

Or is someone else leading the Pro and Anti Registration sides?

I can't see the Civil War ever happening in the DC universe

Or basically
O QUE ACONTECEU NA MARVEL NÃO VAI ACONTECER NA DC PQ OS HERÓI SÃO EDUCADO

>If DC were to do Civil War?

They wouldn't, DC's heroes are heroes. Not just random dicks with superpowers.

I don't see why Batman or Superman would be on different sides
Both have secret identities and both know how bad revealing those identities would be for their loved ones

Isn't Injustice more or less that without the registration thing? Not that there haven't been plenty of plays on the whole normal humans need to be able to reign in superheroes angle in DC, and I mean plenty.

They already tried to do that shit.

wew fucked up the picture

I read Trinity War and I'm not sure why they were fighting. Some sort of Pandora's Box was around and people wanted it but I'm not sure why people fought over it.

Oh yeah, I forgot to read that

Wouldn't happen. I could see a registration system implemented, but I'd see it as an extension of the League itself, and far more moderate and practical than the Marvel version.

DC has done a bunch of heroes pick sides and fight several times.

They did, it's called Kingdom Come.

Name several.

The secret identity thing is a JSA plot

Christ, I hated the New 52.

It was just a shitty event to get the Leagues off the table so that the Crime Syndicate could take over in Forever Evil

Why won't Marvel and DC just do a shared universe run?

Fucking get it over with already.

Didn't they just do this with the JL vs Suicide Squad story too?

Filho da puta

>"Grey" conflict that actually has one guy clearly in the right and makes the other guy go retardedly evil
>Tons of stupid and edgy character deaths
>Ruins multiple characters for drama
>Casuals love it because it has a bunch of retarded "fuck yeah" panels
Yep makes sense. Taylor is also a hack like Miller was.

They did, newfag

Last time the government tried to get DC heroes to register the JSA quit, and the Thunderbolt scrubbed them from recorded history, rather than deal with it.

Obviously it wouldn't be the same plot since it was retarded in Civil War and would be extra retarded in DC.

But I think there could be a way to do it.

Maybe the American people get really sick of the constant villain attacks, so the US government teams up with WayneTech to create some kind of strict preventative measures, similar to the Batman robots from Kingdom Come or some of the concepts from Batman Inc.

Superman, Wonder Woman and Green Arrow would see this as violating peoples' rights, while Batman, Flash and Green Lantern would see it as being the only way to effectively protect people since superheroes can't be everywhere at once.

They could avoid making one or both sides cartoonishly wrong by showing the crimefighting robots as genuinely being effective 99% of the time while still being nonlethal, with only 1% of the time making a mistake or killing someone.

The conflict would then come from whether you thought greater protection is worth a small amount of acceptable losses, or if even one wrongful conviction or accidental death is too much.

Dumb things I'd avoid:
>someone fucking hacks the robots and uses them to kill people
>robots "profile" someone and wrongly kill them
>robots are being used by da eebul gubmint to spy on people
I want it to be a moral quandary that sounds like something that could really exist but without making pointless and heavyhanded political commentary.

Please stop this meme, both Marvel and DC have done their fair share of heroes fighting heroes.

The closest we'll get to Civil War for DC would be
1. Kingdom Come
2. The JL vs JLA thing right before Forever Evil.

They used to do occasional crossovers before Quesada burned Marvel's bridges with DC.

The bridges aren't burned, DC is still open to it. It's just Marvel execs are all either absolutely buttfuck retarded fanboys like Quesada or just bitter old corporate suits who see DC as an "inferior product" compared to the "premium brand" of Marvel.

Bridges are still there, you just have Quesada throwing his own feces onto it.

>Cap's butthurt

This shit is why I get so irritated when stupid channels claim the higher ups want the other to succeed. That is simply not the case. These guys despise oversaturation and only want their products out there.

Isn't that literally just Injustice?

>The conflict would then come from whether you thought greater protection is worth a small amount of acceptable losses, or if even one wrongful conviction or accidental death is too much.
Then wouldnt batman be on the no bots side?

Dc did it years ago. It was called Kingdom Come.

Kingdom Come
Injustice
And DKR, in a way (only difference is that Superman prevents the government from going after the heroes while Iron Man works with the government to take down unregistered heroes)

It's called Injustice and it's far better than Marvel Civil War or that abomination called CIvil War 2

This was a great example of false advertising. There really wasn't much if any hero civil war here, they pretty much teamed up on earth 3 alfred immediately

>I want it to be a moral quandary that sounds like something that could really exist but without making pointless and heavyhanded political commentary.
It's hard to do something like that with pout it being NSA political commentary.

If this happened in real life, I'd be scared shitless of the consequences.

It's basically drone strikes. It's easy to detach yourself when you're sitting behind a screen 9-5 as a day job.

If it's AI that's equally as bad. There's no compassion or bending the law.

They already did and it's called kingdom come and it blows civil war out of the water.

I keep forgetting that simon baz has been around for almost 4 and a half years now. In my mind he showed up during dcyou

Basically Injustice