The Iron Giant

I just saw this movie for the first time. I am in tears right now I don't know if I ever cried at a film like this before.

Why is this film amazing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c2FT6XCmwBo
youtube.com/watch?v=Dwkk2rhynq0
desuarchive.org/co/thread/91853134/#91858745
youtube.com/watch?v=LiK2fhOY0nE
youtube.com/watch?v=fu0scA8kqHQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hey it's the robot from Ready Player One!
I'm sorry for typing this but you know this is going to happen.

>tfw seeing The Iron Giant on TV as a kid
The Superman story has been popular since Moses/Jesus for a reason. It's good.

ikr its great

Used to watch it all the time as a kid. It really mesmerized me. I remember popping it in the VHS player all the time.

Absolute masterpiece.

I watched it for the first time in years around December of last year. I didn't cry but I closed my watery eyes right after "Superman."

it's one of very few if any universally loved movies I have yet to see someone strongly dislike it who isn't saying it just to be a contrarian

Was definitely one of my favorites as a kid, and I pop it in whenever I'm sick or have trouble sleeping. I'm surprised my dvd copy hasn't broken in 2 yet.

I remember when Cartoon Network would play the movie on repeat for a full 24 hours. It was comfy as hell. I always watched it at least a few times.

Cool summer night staying over at my Auntie's house when she still had her dog.

Thanksgiving break over at my cousins' place in Indiana.

A few weeks ago a theater by my house played it. It was great watching it on the big screen. An old guy was in the audience bitching on his cell phone because he didn't know that it was a cartoon. I hope someone put some laxatives in his milkshake.

inb4 nice blog fuck y'all this thread's almost dead anyway

This is honestly one of the few animated movies that I woukd consider a masterpiece. It is just so amazing that I still remember every single scene after so many years. Anybody who says they dislike this movie is a lying contrarian fuck.

Does anyone have the moot/Sup Forums edit?

Has user seen Brad Bird's life story/Making of Iron Giant that was on the blu-ray? It's good stuff.

It's sad because the iron giant is basically a child

Its sad that this other human child has to 'adopt' him even though he's a weapon of war

These are basic principles of human empathy, but taken to extreme levels thanks to the opportunity presented in a science fiction story.

youtube.com/watch?v=c2FT6XCmwBo

someone post the picture of Iron Giant Snapping kid's neck

"I stay, you go. No following"
>The giant proceeds to hurl Hogarth like a football into the missile, destroying it
>The giant whispers as Hogarth flies through the air, "Superman"

>animated

>that time Duck Dodgers parodied the Iron Giant
youtube.com/watch?v=Dwkk2rhynq0

I'm reminded of that time we rewrote the ending to include rape.

Now I'm intrigued

What?

desuarchive.org/co/thread/91853134/#91858745

they even gave him the toothgap

That was a top quality thread

As a big fan of the movie, I was laughing with tears in my eyes when I saw this when it first aired.

youtube.com/watch?v=LiK2fhOY0nE

bad things happening to robots always gets me emotional for some reason

youtube.com/watch?v=fu0scA8kqHQ
Daily reminder that Mansley was a dickwaffle.

WHERES THE GIANT, MANSLEY?

brad bird is my directorfu

Best Superman movie.

Snyder should have been strapped to a chair and forced to watch this movie on repeat.

HOG HOG HOG HOG HOGARTH'S HUGE!

The Spirit got a mention in this film, of course it was gonna be great.

Maybe I'm looking through nostalgia tinted glasses but even the animation has aged incredibly in my opinion.

>hello big boy!

Supes, that's really gay.

Did anyone else think that Dean and Hogarth's mom broke up probably a few years after the film?

Hog hug...

It's on Netflix right now if anyone wants to rewatch it right now.

I love it. Great pacing, the story is fun, my heart breaks everytime and Dean is best husbando

I never really thought they were "together together". They just raise the kid. Also occasional fuckbuddies.

oh no its supposed to be about 80s shit. i get it anything can happen but fuck theyre going to fuck it up

I watched this for the first time in however many years yesterday and remembered almost every scene and bit of dialogue. This was a great movie.

Why didn't he just the shoot the missile?

It seemed like he was unaware of the scope of his weaponry when not in autoattack mode.

why doesn't the iron giant just kill the missile?

>Cute, non-sexual fanart of Hogarth and Annie
I didn't think this was possible.

Amazing film, one of my favorites, had a blast watching it in theatres during the re-release.

If any of you are into physical media check out the bluray, they added in two deleted scenes that are beneficial to the film.

I know this one guy who said it was "too glorified Americanism" I was offended. Also the only one I know who has said anything bad about. Then again, he also complained that most of my animated movies on my hdd was French. I was offended again