There is no modern Jem series with kickass pop rock songs

>there is no modern Jem series with kickass pop rock songs
Why

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sHgBgMlar8c
youtube.com/watch?v=f6H6TgZodPI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because the movie bombed hard.

They'd probably model the girls after Campbell's designs. Do you really want fat Stormer?

I don't think they would do that.

The movie wasn't even originally a Jem movie. They just added the title and did slight script rewrites.

Look on the bright side, there's an ongoing comic series!

Full of SJW bullshit on par with Marvel!

If they didn't put Jem on it would it be more or even less successful?

Steven Universe is this generations Jem.

Let that sink in for a bit.

>kickass
>pop rock

i think we see where you've gone wrong

>Steven Universe is this generations Jem.
>Let that sink in for a bit.
How...in what way at all? What do either show have in common what so ever

I want more Britta Phillips singing

She's a fantastic singer, singing voice of Jem or otherwise

Some of the characters had the same names as characters from the 1980's series and they were in a band, but other than that if had very little to do with the source material. They only added the "Jem" name in an attempt to make it a little more marketable through name recognition.

Is there a source for this? I'm pretty sure the movie was always supposed to be a Jem movie, it was put out by Hasbro themselves on Allspark pictures or whatever

To be fair, most of the Holograms' songs were bland and lame. Misfits had the good shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=sHgBgMlar8c

Woah, was that a jojo reference?

Because kids don't like pop-rock and nostalgic parents don't want to see her twerking or whatever.

Yes.

Songs.
Female majority cast.
They're all just a bunch of Misfits.

Because it's truly, truly outrageous.

Isn't the horse show that must not be discussed basically this for the modern generation? It certainly has the songs and colorful look...

Because we get a shitty Jem comic instead with fat girls and other shit.

Because the live action movie happened which ruined a lot of prospects of it coming back.

Your best bet is to pitch a good revamped version that is nowhere near similar to the stupid live action movie to Hasbro and whatever channel they air their shit on and see if they bite

There are four Equestria Girls movies and onward so I don't think that's an issue
youtube.com/watch?v=f6H6TgZodPI
Plus Monster/Ever After High are a thing that seems to keep being successful, and those are doll shows with musical numbers are they not?

I mean not really, but that's part of why it surprises me Hasbro wouldn't try it, they had success with MLP so why not try Jem? They are about to have had two Littlest Pet Shop shows on their hands in the 2010s alone

>they hate the Holograms
>but 99% of their music videos are crossovers with the Holograms

A new series would prolly adapt the comic. I love the insanely stupid melodrama and the mustache twirling criminal Misfits of the cartoon, but I doubt it would be the direction they wanna go.

Unless the comic is exactly like the show. Please tell me it is.

absolutely yes

what defines something as pop anyways if pop is short for popular?

also, would you a series that dabbles in various genres? from classical to heavy metal?

The attachment of the Jem license to the film hurt it hard. Fans did not appreciate the lack of anything resembling the original show, and the show's creator did not appreciate being locked out of production by the studio. Their reactions to the film helped create bad word-of-mouth. (The first trailer did the remaining legwork.) But take away the Jem license and there is no controversy - at least, not enough of one to completely derail any chance of the film at least breaking even at the box office.

The biggest problem with the movie, regardless of whether it had a license, was that it sucked. It was generic "anonymity to superstardom" bullshit in a flashy package. Nothing about it seemed like a unique take on the kind of archetypes and tropes that go along with that kind of film. Take away the Jem license and the film might not have bombed as hard as it did - but without the Jem license, people probably would not have cared enough to even talk about the film.

>what defines something as pop anyways if pop is short for popular?
I mean I think there is a certain pop formula that is the basis of all pop songs....started with the Beatles probably

>A new series would prolly adapt the comic
I highly doubt that, the comic is aimed at a young adult female crowd, it has trannies in it. That isn't doll selling material man, I think if there was a new Jem series they would probably make it kid friendly in order to sell merch

Think about the Transformers comics, lots of stuff from those would never be put into an actual tv series, they're pretty much strictly catering to the young older fanbase

What purpose did that chicken serve

Boat Snack

I kinda feel like any audience the film had was because of the name, I don't think many girls were wanting to see it considering they probably had no idea it existed. I mean there is no toyline for girls to remember it from these days, and I can't recall a single commercial or anything promoting it

Honestly probably not? I mean did you actually see the movie?

Plot of it aside, they kept throwing in Youtube clips every 20 minutes