How much longer can they go on like this? As far as I know...

How much longer can they go on like this? As far as I know, they still aren't admitting there's even anything wrong so at the very least they're several years away from even beginning to reverse things back to how it used to be.

Are you talking about the movies or the comics?

Cause as much as Sup Forums rails on the movies, they're still making money and probably will for years to come.

But the comics? Yeah, they're a mess and will probably be down sized in a big way soon.

look at my pic and guess which I mean, movies or comics

I'm honestly shocked at how dedicated marvel is about sticking to their current market/production strategy when the sales charts CLEARLY show them flopping. Maybe Disney is propping them up, IDK, but I'd be absolutely shocked if they didn't either:
A. They quietly downsize their production by the end of the year.
or
B They actually do a huge 180 on their current politics and change up most if not all their creative staff.
They seem to be bleeding money right now and realistically If they don't do something about it, Disney may be forced to step in.

>when the sales charts CLEARLY show them flopping.

Not exactly. People keep taking the Diamond chart on a superficial level, so Marvel's defenders will point to it and claim that Marvel is doing fine and still beating DC.

The Diamond sales chart doesn't clearly show Marvel flopping... unless you know exactly what to look for. Like the overshipping. Or the numerous retailers talking about problems. Or that the Diamond chart is preorders from retailers, which doesn't guarantee 100% sell-through. Or the variant incentives. Or how Marvel pumps out a lot of product while pricing them very high.

Ike the kike was hired specifically because he had a plan to expand profits from Marvels existing intulectuall properties and thats what he's doing. T-shirts, backpacks, toys, movies ect. Marvel comics suck because there's no substance to any if the characters or story lines. They're all a big public relations stunt designed to generate buzz in the media to sell other shit. Of course they're not admitting anythings wrong. It's all going according to plan.

The movies biggest crimes are being generally safe and bland but are otherwise competent

>How much longer can they go on like this? As far as I know, they still aren't admitting there's even anything wrong so at the very least they're several years away from even beginning to reverse things back to how it used to be.

This shit happens in cycles. Sunrise sunset. In due time Brevoort, Alonso, Slott, Bendis, and the whole stanky ass gang will go away. It's just a question of when.

It happened to the goobers that Harras and DeFalco hired in the 90s, it happened to the goobers they had handling the initial nu 52, and it'll happen again.

And frankly, comics are such small-time in terms of overall sales that they can continue to flounder around in their shitty current position for a while without anything drastic changing, as long as big papa Disney or WB don't get a hair up their rear end

>A. They quietly downsize their production by the end of the year.
They will have 53 titles in Legacy, not 80-something like now

Well Sup Forums acts like politics are the sole problem, which isn't true and wasn't true even in that sales exec interview put out. Marvel is just a wholesale mess: scattergun minis, constant relaunches, variant covers up the ass, zero editorial on anything, apparently. Same writers, same editors, totally comfortable in writing the same awful stories - and where it is a new writer, it tends to be a novelist who struggles to adapt to comics. Overcharging all the time, just looking for the next thing to get them #1 for a month over anything sustainable, zero insight, constantly baiting controversy.

From the top all the way down they're in a complete mess.

Still too large, they should cut it down about 35 and focusing on making them the best books they possibly can be.

>Well Sup Forums acts like politics are the sole problem,

You mean Sup Forumsmblr acts like politics are the sole problem. You can tell because they don't really read comics. The ones who actually read comics already know the problems were around long before heavy-handed political messages became a regular thing at Marvel.

The jews will never learn, otherwise they wouldn't be jews in the first place.

Don't forget that they've got some truly awful artists working for them.
Latest Daredevil makes me want to kill a motherfucker. Especially after how good it was before.

Heh, the same could be asked about the current cabinet. No wonder Ike has a place in both.

Will you shut up faggot? Politics being shoved in that attacks its main auidaiance is why sales are hurting in the first place. I personally refuse to buy anything marvel until they get their shit together.

>No X
>No 4

It's shit.

This is the biggest thing imo. Marvel is doing so bad they can't even support that many comics. They'll soon be putting out the same or possibly even less than DC when Legacy hits and that's mind boggling to me. So not only will they continue to struggle beating DC without events and relaunches but they won't have as many titles to compete. Granted most sold like shit.

>how much longer can they go like this
I don't know, forever?

>No X
There are like fucking ten X-books

Now think about how many more comics Marvel prints than DC while losing their dominance over the years. I imagine that counts Star Wars as well. Shit that graph just makes their current situation look worse.

>dollar share
>dollar share
>dollar share
>dollar share

Only because the inhuman push failed and xfags weren't buying into it. Remember that Marvel Now 2.0 had no x-titles before they pulled those new comics out their ass.

Again that doesn't help given the number of comics they put out. They print more comics and charge more money and events are always more per issue. This isn't anything new, people have talked about this for over a year. This is why they are cutting down on the number of titles. Most sell like shit. Have you even seen the drop in most titles? And again, Star Wars. That helps.

DELET THIS

>dude it's not fair they print many more comics
>but the comics don't sell!
>but also they are still making more money
uh huh

What?
They always had a shit ton of X-books only spidey had more. F4 had 0 books, X-men never went under 5.

Profits dont count for how successful a company is, just how much I like the products they make

Imagine how many comics go straight to the bargain bin. Were you around for that overshipping fiasco? Marvel was bleeding money and this is how they are fixing it. They made more money but they were also wasting a lot money which decreases their profit.

This was back when that Blade comic was supposed to come out and there was a whole list of Marvel comics coming out. No Xtitles. Suddenly they announced a handful of them but with no creative teams.

>Marvel was bleeding money
>still makes more money
>cuts the comics that don't make them money
>still makes more money
ok cool

Here we go. So yes there's two Deadpool comics but Death of X was just an event. And that's it.

Yes. That's the smart thing to do. Something they haven't done in decades. No worries. But seriously it was necessary for them. Too many cancelled ongoings and huge drops in sales.

Even when they fail, they win

So despite a bunch of cancelled ongoings, they still make more money than DC.

I don't see how they are in need of massive changes in any sort of department then. Cancelling ongoings has been a thing the big 2 have done since they started making comics in the first place.

no new X =/= no X
There were still several X-books at the time, I don't think any of the ANAD ones had even been cancelled by that point.

Comics fail all the time but the problem is that too many were failing to the point where some couldn't even get to six issues. Each series that doesn't do well is money lost and Marvel had too many of them. Not to mention the lackluster sales of comics that used to do very well. Ms. Marvel used to sell very well but then it couldn't even make the top 100. ASM has been doing the worst since before Dying Wish, and the time before Superior was HORRIBLE for Slott. The Inhuman comics also did badly and a lot of comics are kept around despite selling 20k or less. When you figure in profits you take the sales and then take out the expenses and losses. The pie graph shows what Marvel made before all that. Seeing as how they've been reducing titles and the constant reports of comic sales dropping for them, they aren't making as much money as you'd think.

That was the current list for all ongoings. That was the relaunch point after... Secret War? It was after an event and that was the list put out. We had a thread and anons quickly pointed out the lack of X titles. And then that twitter poll happened. That was a disaster.

There was no relaunch after that. Marvel NOW just fucking ended. Runaways a bunch of other things aren't on the legacy line up.

The thing is X-books existed Marvel just didn't advertise them with everything else.

>Are you talking about the movies or the comics?
>The fucking state of Sup Forums where this question needs to be asked
Purge this shithole of a board and kill the mods