Voltron

>finally getting more women
>we still arguing over the men

Other urls found in this thread:

fyklance.tumblr.com/post/163398317995/may-i-ask-why-is-the-red-galra-general-smiling
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well, we don't know their personalities or backstories yet.
Besides, some of them look kind of ugly.

Someone on Tumblr has the episode, but they're not uploading it, just posting a few screencaps.

CUTE

Mai waifu!

>some people say they could be his sisters.
Fujos are desperate to erase any possibility of het in Voltron

We'll be talking about them more when we've seen them do things and interact.

Seriously? I haven't that, though I'm not surprised. I've mostly seen positive posts about them, clustered with a few butthurt bitter people.

This is the blog posting shit. They talk about Lotor speaking to the genki one here.

fyklance.tumblr.com/post/163398317995/may-i-ask-why-is-the-red-galra-general-smiling

Welp.

I'm gay, the women are of no value.

Are they going to be Paladins' personal rivals, like in Sailor Moon every Sailor scout had a new personal adversary every season?
SnuSnu vs Hunk, because both are fat
Tali vs Pidge
Azula vs Lance, because she is the only one this shallow sucker is going to hit on
Pinky vs Allura, becaue both like pink.
And finally Keith vs Lothor, because DotU legacy

As someone who doesn't lurk here much outside of Season releases I've got to ask what has Tumblrs reaction been to Jeremy Shada repeatedly stating in interviews that Lance is only into chicks?

>not Allura vs. Lothor because opposing royalty with a genocide-fueled grudge to stoke the fires of their animosity and sexual tension

Nigga please.

>Poor Jeremy is forced to hide the gay truth because big evil Dreamwork producers literally put a gun to his head. It pains him because he is the biggest klance shipper ever
I wish I was joking

The should paint black lion the pink color too. Voltron be fabulous.

I hope it's just the angle and his face doesn't look this bad when I actually get to see him onscreen.

>Allura piloting Blue Lion in pink paladin armour.
I guess the oldfags were right again.

What are the other predictions for S3?

This show has massively pointy chins, so it's probably not just the angle.
Might as well just accept it at this point dude. They're retreading a lot of old shit from the 80's show, and yet people are still acting surprised.

>Allura being a shitty pilot
>Keith and Lance become bros
>Zarkon angsts over his dead waifu

Dead waifu, who isn't Haggar, being one of the main things to set Zarkon off towards being evil.

Blue paladin Alfor.

Do you agree?

I still don't buy Alfor being Blue. Where's does that idea even come from?

Allura following in her fathers footsteps. Besides, the Blue Lion created a wormhole in the pilot, right? Could be from some of Alfor's left over energy.

I can buy this. The yellow one is big like Hunk, the green one is a grill (maybe?) like Pidge, the red one is kinda edgy like Keith, and we already know Zarkon was black.

gotta love the mice

Allura looks cute in that pink armor. I hope she gets more playful and girly moments.

Where did Allura even get that pink Paladin armor from? Does she just collect pink stuff for fun? Did she have it commissioned by someone? Did she get it from Coran?

This is also my hope.

I don't see how they being his sister would stop Lothor.

Mice vs Cova shenanigans in s3, anyone?

She's the princess, they probably made it for her specially.

What do you have against HANDSOME?

Put this on the bingo board.

Don't think many people were seriously doubting it, it just sounded like there were other scenarios they were preferring instead.

He and Keith are chinbrothers.

People have already been saying Keith, Allura, and Lotor are all secretly related to discourage people from shipping them with each other. Keith and Shiro being possibly related is also one of the most popular """theories""" in this fandom.

The pretty one (la blue girl) will be hesitant to attack Keith because he saved her from the Weblum.

>la blue girl
user pls

What are the chances of Shiro getting the White Lion?

What white lion?

Coran should. Shiro can go off on rebel adventures with Romelle.

Maybe Slav installs upgrades so they don't need Allura in the castle ship all the time.

The lion in the cave painting, if it is a nuVoltron white lion.

The secret 6th Voltron lion that transforms into giant white butt.

It'll be the tiddies of Voltron.

>Kallura
>Shiro meets Romelle as he's separated from Voltron
>Some people are dropping Voltron or is going to because Shiro will be missing
I love Shiro, but I also love Keith and the others.

I think Shiro is going to be absent in S3 until maybe the ending. There's only 7 episodes.

>Updated the Voltron site
>"Lance thinks he's everyone's best friend, especially if they're cute and female"
>Patrick weekes, Bioware's head writer told a fan that Lance can't be the black paladin because what if a girl walks by?

Let them get BTFO just like what happened to the shallura shippers.

Same. I believe Romelle will appear in the series and Shiro will meet her but not in S3.

This is it exactly, they even showed Shiro in the trailer but these fans want Shiro back as the black paladin. Since its Keith now they're considering dropping Voltron

>7 episodes
Well now the Australian classification board listing 8 seasons of VLD makes a lot of sense.

Yeah it all makes sense now. The website has removed all the season info from 5-8 now. I always wondered why the runtimes for S3 and S4 were so short.

We don't really talk about Allura either.

Is this an elder or user?

An elder. How did you know it was me? I haven't been on these threads in a long time.

While you were gone we invented PUA supreme gentleman MILF chasing Lance who has a breast milk addiction.

Not gonna question Lance's heterosexuality, but what Bioware has to do with Voltron?

Keep up the good work.

There are two of you, bingo elder user and you. We used to have three but i dont know if that elder is waiting to come back to theses threads until next week.

Could you answer this?

>what Bioware has to do with Voltron?
How casual fans, adults, children, and teens outside of tumblr sees Lance

He will come back eventually.

I looked at the other user responses and my predictions are pretty much the same as everyone else's.

Do you think Lotor's mom died in child birth? We were discussing that in the last thread.

What is going to happen to Shiro now?

That's a bit cliche, isn't it? Not saying it can't happen but if Zarkon's wife died in childbirth then this would mean Lotor never knew his mother or Allura.

I'm trying to figure out the timeline myself. Allura knew Zarkon as a young child and then Zarkon turned on her family when she was in her late teens. So if he was compelled to destroy Altea after his wife's death then Lotor would have been just a baby while Allura was already 16-17.

In the original series, she died when he was really young.

But it was not a death from child birth. I think Zarkon killed her? Or was that the comic? I've never touched the old Voltron stuff. I just read the wiki and some blogs.

Shiro ended up being teleported somewhere safe by the Black Lion. He is saved by the same resistance group that freed Matt.

Hmm maybe...
>Alfor accidentally destroys Planet Doom
>Zarkon's wife dies from childbirth which drives Zarkon over the edge
>Zarkon goes off to destroy Altea
>Alfor places Allura in cryosleep
>Alfor goes off to battle Zarkon and is killed

What if it wasn't child birth that killed Zarkon's waifu? I still think it's something Alfor indirectly caused.

>fujoshits who never seen the original in denial this much

What about the blue lion and Keith's mother? Is she connected to the lion or does her story takes place 17 years before Keith is born?

I also believe that Shiro will turn bad and either Keith will kill him, or he kills himself, or he lives! No point on thinking about it since that's not going to be until 2018

I forgot to add:
>Alfor tells Coran something important (perhaps a "take care of Allura for me" or a huge secret) before Coran steps into cryo

That's possible. It could have also been the two factors combined. Death from childbirth is just a very common trope so I can understand why so many people have hopped onto that theory.

I haven't given that one much thought. What do you guys think?

We're spilt between it. Some anons think that Alfor put his mom in the lion and send her off to earth to protect her from Zarkon, others think blue has no connections to Keith's mom other than the BoM sending her to planet earth because they sensed the blue lion on it.

We don't really know, and personally I have no idea.

>Alfor: "Coran, the truth is... I have no idea how to perform c-sections at all. I might have made some minor mistakes last time."

Shitty midwife Alfor confirmed.

Since we have Lotor + 4 vs 4 paladins and Allura, who is going to duel who?

Keith and Lotor will have an inevitable sword fight.

>Shiro will turn bad
Boring.

Hunk and Snu-Snu will have a food-eating competition.

I've said this before but - the surprise isn't that the switch is happening, just that is happening now after s2. Everybody expected it later after they were *truly* done with Shiro. (Though there are a few whiners, I don't deny that, this is the general feeling.)

You have to admit, user, from a narration point of view, the set-up is pretty damn weird. I'm still giving them the benefit of doubt and waiting what point they're going for when we see s3 and s4, but I won't blame anyone for scratching their heads at this whole deal.

Swapping Keith into Black and putting Allura into Red would make sense. Forcing Lance into Red makes no sense and really feels like his character is either going to be shortchanged or just abandoned all together to focus on Keith and Allura. A copout of the worst kind.

Oh, by set up I meant the stuff they built up in the previous seasons, especially s2. The lion bonding being important to be a good pilot, Allura discovering her powers, Red being protective of Keith and not just accepting any pilot, Black's deal with Zarkon that Shiro solved in that badass fight... I can keep going, but I think you get my point.

The narration was going a different direction. I know the show must adapt the old canon but that doesn't mean they don't need to be consistent with what they're already presented, otherwise is just lazy writing.

Like I said though I'm giving them the benefit of the doubts, since Shiro is coming back, this may be a test drive. I won't mind Blue!Allura and Red!Lance as long as they acknowledge and develop what they already wrote.

If Lance just jumps easily into Red and they form Voltron just like that though... that will just be dumb.

Lance could get good development in learning to be a better pilot because Red is a difficult lion to handle.

he should get robeasted instead

Yes, that's definitely something I hope they do. For everyone, really. I just don't want the switch to be easy after all the stuff they've written, and we're getting this screeenshot from what, seven episodes? So again, being a little hesitant about this is not something I will blame anyone for.

It will also give Lance the chance to become bros with Keith so they can become a true hero/lancer duo. It's about time.

i kinda hope Red only half-ass accepts him and flips out doing his own thing in combat until he really proves himself. then they can just GET IN THE LIONS and get on with it but still have it be a struggle

That's pretty much what I expected. The fandom will be even more intolerable though.

But it still throws Lance's previous character development setup out the window for something more bland and ignores why Blue picked and responded to Lance and none of the others.

From all the trailers, that's doubtful. It feels like they ar going the cliche route of "character doesn't feel special, gets super special tool, now feels special" to skip past Lance and focus on Keith, Lotor, and Allura.

>accurate info
>trailers
Pick one

He's on the same level as Hunk and Pidge. They have small problems that they'll get over quick, or won't get focused on as opposed to Keith, Allura, and Shiro. Three characters that have a quite a bit of mystery to them.

Pidge's problem will be solved once they reunite with matt, Hunk's once he starts gaining leadership instead of being afraid, and Lance once he's in red and helps out with his bros Hunk and Keith. I'm curious on how that one will go because won't Lance feel like he's still in Keith's shadow? Maybe they'll get rid of his jealousy for Keith instead.

Which is a shame because Kaite, Hunk, and Lance are probably potentially more interesting characters.

I don't think Hunk and Lance are on the same level as Pidge. She already got a lot of development in s1 and even a couple of episodes in s2, and after Matt there's still finding her dad.

>won't Lance feel like he's still in Keith's shadow?
Yeah, it's like getting Keith's leftovers. And now we know he's the youngest sibling in his family, I'm guessing he's always been in the shadows of others, getting their used clothes, etc. He's Ron Weasley.

Which takes us back to "fuck I hope this is handle well if seven episode because it looks pretty weird as we stand now".