Burying the X-Men & Fantastic Four

So I'm still trying to wrap my head around the business sense of Marvel burying X-Men / Fantastic Four because Fox has the movie rights to 'em.

Isn't the whole approach pretty much overkill? At the end of the day it just seems to hurt Marvel more than it hurts Fox.

It's spite.

this

Thanks to Ike the Kike

but since when is spite > making money

Doesn't matter, for some Illogical reason many Marvel fans think that Fox should give the rights back like they didn't pay for it or that they don't rightfully own it.

Were F4 comics even selling that well beforw they got canned? Most complaints I've heard seem to revolve around the supposed privelidged position the team is supposed to have as Marvel's "first family" not their inherent profitablity as a comic right now.

Marvel can make as much money as they want.

I dont really get it, arent they getting most of the profit from merchandise and not movies? Which they should get regardless of movie rights

>Were F4 comics even selling that well beforw they got canned?
Yes. More so than most. Certainly more than Carol has ever sold in any given run.

they have sugar daddy Mickey footing the bill now. the MCU is making bank and they're pissy they had to sell off some of the more juicer and well known licenses to not die in the 90s crash.

they want Fox to make as little money as possible off of the X-men and F4 movies, in hopes they'll sell the rights back.

They are cutting off their nose to spite their face.

Their heyday has long since ended but they still sold well above cancellation numbers.

>they want Fox to make as little money as possible off of the X-men and F4 movies, in hopes they'll sell the rights back.

But I'm not seeing the leap on how having active comic significantly affects whether or not people are going to watch a Fox shitpile.

If they create new characters or plot lines in the comics, then they are giving Fox free material to use for the films. Any property created by Marvel comics under the Fantastic 4 umbrella becomes property of Fox to do with whatever they want, and to keep their ownership of the license.

This is partly why Spider-Gwen books are never allowed to introduce new characters. Just different interpretations of established characters.

basically I cant think of any other reason as to why they are trashing FF so badly

>Fox shitpile.
Shit taste

it's actually constantin film that has the rights to fantastic four, they just farm the license out to fox

they're not public traded either so it's not even like disney has many legal options as long as they still have that contract from the 80s

I believe the plan was to take the hit in comic sales until the property lost enough of it's value to get fox to sell the rights back. When marvel's comic sells started to tank (and the inhumans failed) they gave up on doing this with the x-men, but doubled down on the fantastic four.

The fantastic four get the shaft because they bring only 'okay' comic sells and are not a cash cow like spider-man and the x-men. Also, the movie rights to the fantastic four is actually a treasure trove of major characters, concepts and storylines, including much of the cosmic bs marvel seems to want.

It is said that they offered the fantastic four to Ike and he didn't want when Disney get Daredevil, he just want to extend DD and take a few of villains from them >Galactus Surfer and Doom but Fox want money so now, if they don't do something like Sony, I don't think they can get them back, and Sony didn't improve with the new Marvel deal so Disney should pay

The Mouse fears the Fox

X-Men never went away, they have like 7 books right now which is more than MCU franchises like GOTG or Ant-Man

Robinson's FF wasn't selling

Isn't it Perlmutter the freak?