So DC is planning the first Flash live action movie to be Flashpoint

So DC is planning the first Flash live action movie to be Flashpoint.

This seems as good an idea as their first Batman movie being The Dark Knight Returns.

Or their second Superman movie being The Death of Superman.

That being said, it does mean we're going to get Jeffery Dean Morgan as Batdad for a movie which would be bretty cool, and Maggie as Joker. I'm just wondering why DC plans these Earth-shattering events for movies to early in their universe, it seems extremely short term for planning.

In case you haven't noticed, WB is not run by the smartest people

But Flashpoint works pretty well as a "THIS IS WHY THE FLASH ISN'T ALLOWED TO TIME TRAVEL 24/7 STORY" so it makes sense to do it early in his career

The did death of Superman already because it perfectly rapped up the arc Superman was going through in this universe.

Bvs was influenced by TDKR but wasn't a adaption of it and did not have the same message. They used the conflict to build the heroes relationship rather then end it & give a redemption arc for a older Batman rather then to glorify him.

It's baffling how fucking stupid people have to be to not understand changes in context & using stories for a different narrative purpose then the original intention.

BvS was pretty great Batman movie. Who fucking cares about Death of Superman being a second movie, the significance it has is the fact Superman dies at the end. Just because you're autistic and can't comprehend that something doesn't need a dozen movies to "build up" an event movie. Just look at what a piss poor job they've done building Thanos. All the attention has been on poorly imagined and thought out infinity stone scavenger hunt.

Hopefully they don't follow the comic book TOO closely because it was kind of bad.

Everyone who doesn't watch CW's The Flash or read comics already thinks of him as this overpowered jackass who's foes are easy oppositions and his only formidable ones are Speedsters that result in the tired trope where the bad guy has the same powers as the hero. Atleast with Flashpoint it tries to tries to provides reasons why he doesn't use Speed Force or Time Travel to solve every problem. Flashpoint guarantees money. You essentially have the JL cast (playing negative counterparts of their original roles), & 2 popular actors from the TWD playing Batman's parents who are alternative versions of Batman & Joker. All it needs is a name to play Eobard.

Those wires on his suit trigger me something fierce

His suit is constantly falling apart and he's constantly fixing it with garbage lying around because he fast.

There is zero emotional weight behind Superman dying. Everybody knows he will be back in the next movie.

While I bet when Captain America dies there is going to be many a tear shed by fans.

CW flash has him job to every non speedster to pretend they are a threat. Not a good example.

I'm glad they're doing something new unlike that other cinematic universe which I had high hopes for but turned out to be shit.

Also Logan. People gave a shit when Logan and Xavier died in the movie. Why? Because people gave a shit about them as characters.

By the time when Flashpoint premiers, JL, Aquaman, Shazam, and Wonder Woman 2 will have come past. Plenty of time for emotional investment you're sperging on about.

who gives a fuck? after JL there won't BE a Flash movie

>replying to bait

>who gives a fuck? after WW there won't BE a Justice League movie

DCEU? Dark Universe?

I don't know why you're laughing that's exactly what happened

>according to our insider sources

I mean, there are worse stories than Flashpoint to adapt into a movie.

>We learn that Flash's mother is dead and his father is done in for it
>Barry realizes he has the power to make it right so why shouldn't he
>Shit goes to fuck, Barry has to use his power to fix it
>Learns the limit of his powers and how to use them, plus the lesson that some things has to be the way they are etc etc

>Everybody knows he will be back in the next movie.

So has everyone who read Death of Superman after he had already come back with the mullet.

I didn't really care that bub died. He was already slowly dying. Charles hurt, but only because they had spent the entire movie showing how fragile and sad he was with his mind slipping away bit by bit and you wanted to fool yourself into thinking they were going to make it, even though it was clear the boat was there only for getting as far as possible from other human beings before Logan killed Xavier, so that the psychic shock wouldn't endanger anyone.

>joker with tattoos is a bad idea
>alternative timeline where Martha is the joker is totally fine

I hate the hypocrisy of some comic fans, Flashpoint was terrible, the flash movie was destroyed by Johns stupidity twice and know he gives himself the gift of royalties by pushing for another of his comics. Flashpoint was a bad comic series and there's a lot of better stories to be told.

Marvel movies get reshoots, The pop culture phenomenon that is Star Wars gets reshoots, any multi million dollar budget movie from now and til your in the dirt will have experienced reshoots. Also
>Heroic Hollywood
You trust the same cunts like El 'Zendaya Maree is actually Mary Jane' Mayimbe? Get the fuck out of here with your magical insider sources who just seem to know critical details that is only privy to a producer.

>Snyder wants more scenes after the raw cut is done
>hire whedon as a writer for said specific scenes
>Snyder leaves and ask whedon to also direct those scenes
>whedon directs those 2 or 3 scenes that Snyder wanted
>scenes have a budget and are not free
How autistic Snyder haters have to be? Why do the industry hates Snyder so fucking muchthat has to either lie or just imply there's something fishy when everything has been straigh forward.

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Problem. Is that Barry didn't need to save his mom.. Before someone gave him a new and improved origin story. A big name consultant/executive producer/comic book writer that wanted his own versions and stories as the basis for the movies, it's not passion for the characters or comics if you only shill for your own stories.

I understood the concept immediately but I'm still triggered. It's not gonna turn me away from the movie but it probably will distract me

It improved his origin

It didn't, it was a shallow attempt to make Barry more like batman and spider-man.

But we all know Moore forced Johns to kill Barry's mom. Nothing edgy about Johns.

But why does he have to time travel so early in his career?
Why can't he build to it, why does he instantly have to be at his best and full potential?

Time travel is bullshit, speed force is bullshit. Just make up any damn random excuse for why he can do it so easy this time. No one will care.

Because it's not straightforward. They're heavily retooling the movie around the action scenes that Snyder had already shot.

>You trust the same cunts like El 'Zendaya Maree is actually Mary Jane' Mayimbe?

He wasn't wrong.

>So DC is planning the first Flash live action movie to be Flashpoint.
That is so fucking stupid. I was thinking WB was learning from their mistakes, then they confirm shit like this.

>There is zero emotional weight behind Superman dying. Everybody knows he will be back in the next movie.
This. Literally what was even the point.

because it's actually interesting and refreshing for once unlike building up for 5 years already with nothing happening

Why?

>But why does he have to time travel so early in his career?
Because a Flash at the peak of his career wouldn't allow it.

Because he has shit taste and can't enjoy good movies

name one good mcu movie past 2014

he should watch Spiderman Homecoming. good stuff!

Avengers Age of Ultron, Ant Man, Captain America Civil War, Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2, Spiderman Homecoming

>Avengers Age of Ultron

What makes more sense, fuckingup time travel when you're a rookie, or when you're a seasoned veteran? It's also a clever way to cover his origin story without having to be an origin movie.

stop posting

Bullshit, this scenes are Snyder's scenes

Yes the action scenes are snyder's scenes WB is getting Whedon to try and make an actual story around them instead of a pile of shit like Batman v Superman

>reee you have to have 4 sequels and 2 JL movies for there to be a Flashpoint movie!

I know it's not Marvel's fault they made people retarded, but I would've hated this cinematic universe concept to have been concieved during early movies.
>"No, no, no! Oceans 11 has to have eleven movies following up to the ensemble! they're rusing it!"
>"Psh! Already rushing that Magnificent Seven movie? Mirisch Company is ran by a bunch of idiots!"

>>Batdad
That would be fukken sweet... and much better than Batfleck imo

I love how dearly DCEU fans have held on to such false equivalences.

That's what happens when you stick to only one speedster. The Flash built itself through legacy and an ever changing feel. But they feel compelled to limit themselves to one character.

I love how you assume audiences are as retarded as you.

I'm a little peeved Flashpoint will be the first Flash movie simply because it doesn't have the same impact if you haven't established Professor Zoom's character.

I know it wasn't until Rebirth that they made Reverse Flash kill Barry's mom, but I like that and I think we should have at least 1 movie of "IT WAS ME, BARRY" before we get "IT WAS YOU, BARRY!" in my honest opinion.

>You can't make John Wick be already be retired in the first movie and heavily reference how big of a deal it was throughout the movie without first making a movie about his last night on the job!

>when Captain America dies tears will be shed
lol

Oh dear God, a movie having reshoots!?
This has never happened in the history of film making!!!

Stay ignorant /co

>4 months
>another $25 million
This is not normal resorts you moron

John Wick must have been the most confusing movie for you.

The higher the budget, the higher the reshoot costs.

But who will they cast for the SHAZAM Kids?

We don't even know if there's going to be other members of the Marvel family besides Billy showing up in the movie.

But if I had to bet it's going to be someone from the new IT adaption since that's also from New Line

>What is buildup and hype?

Flashpoint isn't gonna be like the original story, WB won't allow Wonder Woman to be portrayed as an evil bitch in fear of ruining her positive image.

Because Flash needs all the help he can get to sell the idea of more sequels to the uninitiated normies. Flash has a ubiquity problem like Superman with smartasses thinking "he can just time travel to fix his and most of the JL problems." Flashpoint puts that shit to bed and fucks it. Don't you dare tell me more people wouldn't want to see a movie where Flash meets up with Batman's parents who are alternative versions of Batman & Joker in a twisted timeline played by The Walking Dead's Negan and Maggie versus a movie that's just Flash vs a fucking monkey. and like said it covers the origin without boring them to tears with yet, another origin story.

The problem I see is that considering they already went with DKR gritty edgy Batman for BvS, going Batdad in Flashpoint won't have enough of a contrast outside of Thomas Wayne gun toting.

Flashpoint batman originally worked because it contrasted Bruce's normally calm detective thing, as well as his strict morality and no-kill shit. but with BvS Bats, we already have a character too similar to Thomas Wayne to make an effective contrast

Flashpoint will soft reboot the DCEU so Superman can smile and nobody ever killed anyone

The shock is that it's actually Batman's dad under the cowl, idiot. Nobody was shocked that he used guns and was pro-killing since the entire timeline was like that.

They give JDM a baseball bat again

He's the Bat Man

I think you mean a cricket bat.

This. Just because your parents who are too retarded (or most likely don't give a fuck) doesn't mean the movie going masses are. BvS already clarified Batman had a phase and wasn't always being The Punisher. Everyone knows who Batman is and what his strict morality he adheres to. Also you can illustrate more parallels than just having The Comedian doing some Batman vigilantism. You show him bossing a batman rogue villain, Cobblepot. There's many ways of going about this.

Cricket? Nobody understands cricket. You gotta know what a crumpet is to understand cricket.

I don't believe John Cleese had much input in this

I'll teach you!

Flashpoint works okay as even an origin story for the Flash, if you think about it. Flash gets his powers, learns how his Mom died, realizes he can also travel through time, and travels through time to stop it. Then he learns responsibility for his incredible powers and also wraps up his "vengeance" arc by learning who killed his mom but also learning there's nothing he can do about it.

That being said I wonder how deep they'll be willing to go with it. Like, will Wonder Woman and Aquaman be in them? I'd be really interested to see how it would play out if DC has tons of super hero cross over in all of their films, unlike Marvel has done until recently with Civil War, Spider-man, and now Thor 3.

Aquaman and Wonder Woman having a war would convolute the story too much. Barry going to Batman for help makes sense since Bruce recruits him and woukd be the logical first place to go to, Diana and Arthur don't really add anything and would be hard to reach.

Flashpoint could be a win/win scenario though.

>Establish why time travel is bad for Barry, and he doesn't do it ever again
>Get the chance to soft retcon shit that sucks about the DCEU like Jesse Eisenberg hopefully

Why do you need Flashpoint to recon that? they can recast him with no remark.

>With no remark

Exactly. It's just a side effect of the time travel.

The only way I can get behind this is if Jay Garrick shows up. Its not going to be accurate anyway (probably a good thing) so at least do Flash of Two Worlds

no i mean, they can just do it. No one cared when War Machine got recasted. Or Hulk. If anything, they can use Thomas' letter to send to an earlier Bruce to tell him to knock it off with The Punisher shit.

Its not new or refreshing. Ever since its inception, Flashpoint has been the most reused modern comic story just behind Civil War. And the whole timeline reset button was already done with DOFP.

(You)

No shit, they can just do it. It's just cooler this way.

I guess I was thinking they could just be cameos for why the Flashpoint world sucks (other than it not being "correct").

I like the MCU, but that is mediocrity across the board except for 1 or 2

>"What about Wonder Woman and Aquaman?"
>Show clip of them destroying shit to fight eachother

There, five seconds

yeah just show parts of town where you see atlantean footsoldiers corpses or ships wrecked and amazonian wreckage. Throw in some funny shit like SS' Boomerang and Slipknot being heroes thwarting off Amazons and Atlanteans. only for Slipknot to get noosed by Wondy's lasso.

"Ocean's Eleven" is a movie about thieves coming together and "The Magnificent Seven" is a movie about gunslingers coming together. They're organic to the context of the narrative, not to mention both movies have clear-cut protagonists to arch things around.

Both the Justice League and the Avengers are composed of characters from wildly different backgrounds and contrasting natures. It is appropriate to esse the audience into their worlds and mindsets before smashing them together.

I also don't get why people claim Marvel is at fault for establishing that expectation when "Guardians of the Galaxy" introduced a team without set-up movies given they were all contextualized as space bandits, and nobody complained about "Suicide Squad" not having set-up movies since they were all contextualized as elite criminals. What was the main point of contention? The poorly-established mystical element.

Flashpoint would also be a neat way to get an aged Steve Trevor and Lois in a movie.

>Captain America's death will be more iconic than Superman's on the big screen
wew this is a bad timeline

You are talking about the company that gave the editing of the fucking movie to the guys that edit fucking trailers, Flash movie has been delayed and had 10 fucking directors leaving, Batman is being rewritten from zero and WW despite being quite good, had a messy production.

WB IS IN A MESS, just embrace it and hope for the better, instead of lying to yourself.

>WB IS IN A MESS
>...according to my insider sources

You really lives in denial.

Does Flash even have a director already?

Let Jay be spared of this impending dumpster fire.

They're desperately trying to get Robert Zemeckis.

>You really lives in denial.
according to your sources?

>This seems as good an idea as their first Batman movie being The Dark Knight Returns.
>Or their second Superman movie being The Death of Superman.

Or their first Green Lantern movie being about Parallax.

There isn't even a Flash universe to overwrite yet. Plus Flashpoint was a mistake since the Nu52 was an admitted mistake since it's being reversed. Plus the tv show already did it.

Stranger things kids prolly

snyder-fags BTFO

Nice headcanon

Those scenes look nothing like Whedons. Even a pleb can tell the difference on who did what scenes.