The great and lovable Peridot

>the great and lovable Peridot
>is neither great nor lovable

Both actually

>implying

Literally best character.

I really don´t understand why she isn´t a full crystal gem at this point. unlike pearl and Garnet that protect the worl for selfish reasons and amethyst that doesn´t know any better she actually comes from homeworld and learned the value of earth on her own.

I want to molest Peridot

If Sup Forums had a quarter for every post like this...

Neither is the show itself

>make a halfway decent character with potential
>turn said character into a walking meme
Pure poultry.

She's quite sexy though.

The grreat and powerful Peridot sounds better.
:^)

>Sexless alien being sexy

I miss Stevidot.
Those were lovely times.

Don't summon His Eternal Autism user.

Peridot became a joke when she lost her leg enhancers. She's unfunny, I'm sick of seeing her, I don't understand why she's so popular and I'm glad she's a side character who lives in a barn.

She was fantastic all the way till Gem Drill.
But sadly she's become very boring after that and annoying.
I want her to do stuff again like before gem drill.

Wow, thanks.

Peridot would be a great character if she acted as a serious and logical character most of the time. Their team is seriously lacking someone like that. She used to kinda act like that but then they made her a hyperactive annoying loudmouth ever since gem drill.

You say this like Gem Drill wasn't good, when in fact it's the best Peridot episode. But I agree that she's become quite boring when her arc ended.

I wish they could do more one-offs with her and Lapis interacting with the townies.

I have no idea what the hell people are going on about with Peridot, they never cite specific examples of her being ruined other than that one chart of being drawn off-model and that they wanted her to remain "serious and logical" which reeks of 'tism to me.

So I'm just going to Peridump.

>the incredibly shit and bad Steven Universe
>is both shit and bad

A Lazuli is also fine.

SU is good as shit. Good as hell. Good as hell and shit combined. Two thins that are good: hell and shit. SU is like eating a piece of shit in hell.

That's what I meant.
After gem drill she became less of a character.

I enjoyed this post
it was good.

Let the Diamonds to me

>Peridot on Jail Break: Cold and calculating albeit her being naive on Earth things makes her a bit endearing.
>Peridot now: "HEY! Let me do something inexplicably stupid and make weird noises so everyone could go meme about it."
Remember how she was close to the diamonds and has the most knowhow of their technology? Remember how she could create robots out from scratch into competent fighting machines? Peridot is a massive waste of potential considering she could easily be the techwiz of the group but nope! Let's just stick her to a barn and make weird jokes and handwave where the fuck they were when my friends got attacked and kidnapped.

I miss Ronaldot

Steven universe is trash.

Also in the redemption arc she sort of flip flopped. For example, in catch and release she was treated as a joke but in others like when it rains and gem drill she keeps her serious personality

even scantily clad like, this she is just a smoll little cutie.

Kind of the point when she said it.

Sometimes she is pretty great, and she can be lovable, like a scared little animal or child.

Unfortunately they rarely coincide.

It's an imperfect show, like all things on Earth are imperfect.

And you are a loser for actively involving yourself with something you don't like even though nobody is forcing you to. How pathetic.

/thread

>I really don´t understand why she isn´t a full crystal gem at this point.
Because poor pacing and writing. You could also question why she hasn't been using her talents to fully tech out the barn instead of just tossing random items together, or working on building various technological gadgets to use.

The show downplays her intelligence and what she can do.

All it really takes is one good episode to get me hooked on a show,

And while the show took a while to pick up, I am glad it did.

>a character seems colder/more calculating/intimidating as an antagonist than as a supporting cast member
WOW,WHAT A TOTALLY NEW AND IMPORTANT OBSERVATION!

That shit happens literally everytime a villain switches sides in any medium, it's because you almost always know less about antagonists so they seem more mysterious and cooler. It's the Magus effect.

And besides, I think your examples are full of shit.

Peridot wasn't "cold and calculating" in Jailbreak, she wasn't portrayed as the sinister mastermind behind their capture or anything, she was just a rank-and-file Gem middle manager who behaved like it. She was annoyed with Jasper, she was annoyed with her superiors for sending her, she was just generally frustrated at the whole state of affairs, for her, it was just like being asked to help go over some accounts before closing on Friday. A shitty inconvenience to doing her job. ALL SHE DID was stand beside Jasper, complain to her out of impatience, and then winding up trussed up by Amy while Pearl jacked her ride. That is literally ALL SHE DID in that epiosde. She was always a clod.

> "HEY! Let me do something inexplicably stupid and make weird noises so everyone could go meme about it.
I have no idea what you see when you watch the show, man. Lars is the one who goes "bingo bongo", I don't think I've ever seen Peridot behave like an Animaniac the way you describe her. The closest was that one episode where she played Wile E.Coyote to a gem mutant's Roadrunner, but that just goes back to what I said above. Peridot's whole deal is "the eccentric weirdo whose endless frustration entertains us".

She used to be.

Peridot is a god-tier waifu and no on will convince me otherwise.

Why is she so hot bros?

Because the small and the green always get the peen.

____i was just shitposting, I like the show_________

But user, shes /our/ girl

>they never cite specific examples of her being ruined
The New Crystal Gems, she is past being a parody of herself at that point

Well that's like your opinion man.

well fuck you then

>co/ claims to hate this show.
>Yet threads like this get tons of content

I don't get why Sup Forums lies to me sometimes.

Sup Forums hates the writing and Steven but loves the waifus.

How does it feel the fact that your tiny disgusting greenish gremlin has now become obsolete?

Say hello to your new green friend.

She's cute.

>one eye
Dropped.

But I like all of those things!

I don't understand the phenomenon of shitposting. I just don't get it.

>Peridots do have innate powers
>The limb enhancers serve to suppress them

I have to say, I was really hoping for something more for a gem that had been held back for so long as Emerald. Every time it came up, I would post -

"My Diamond... the rebels have breached our inner defenses."
"I... see. Close the shutters on the citadel. It should take them a while to get through."
"My Diamond... many of our troops are still outside the perimeter - "
"Yes. ...They are."
"...As you command, my Diamond."
"How much time until they penetrate my throne room?"
"Six decagrains. Perhaps eight, if the auto-defenses are - no, they just went down."
"So... it has come to this..."
"My Diamond... will you unleash.... It?"
"...Things are not THAT desperate yet."

Banhammer incoming.