New Matt Groening series

>Disenchantment. Set in the crumbling medieval kingdom of Dreamland, the series will follow the misadventures of hard-drinking young princess Bean (Jacobson), her feisty elf companion Elfo (Faxon), and her personal demon Luci (Andre). Along the way, the oddball trio will encounter ogres, sprites, harpies, imps, trolls, walruses, and lots of human fools.

deadline.com/2017/07/disenchantment-matt-groening-netflix-animated-comedy-20-episode-order-abbi-jacobson-nat-faxon-eric-andre-voice-cast-1202135218/

meh

honestly sounds kinda terrible

>Matt Groening
no tha--

>Eric Andre is voicing a lead character
almost got me, but i'm still not fucking watching this

Sounds like an Adult Swim wanabe kinda show. It's like they looked at Rick and Morty and Mike Tyson Mysteries and said, okay we need something like this.

Simpsons crossover when

Soooo, is it going to be My Knight and Me with swearing and pop culture references or something? Because the premise reminds me heavily of My Knight and Me.

Probably try it, and you cunts will too.

>dude nihilism lmao

Luckily, I'm a fag for fantasy bullshit, so I'll definitely give it a try

There better be monster girl waifus

How the shit do people not care about this?

His only previous shows are tow of the greatest animated comedies of all time. He's doing fantasy to Futurama's sci-fi

People are contrarians.

They'll say they don't give a shit, that it sounds boring and terrible, but then they'll all watch it anyway, either to praise the ever loving shit out of it or to do nothing but bitch and complain about it

cautiously optimistic

>filename
HIS NAME'S
NOT
RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK

How long until he gets separate enough to have a Simpsons or Futurama crossover with this?

I guess we're just... disillusioned.

>modern Matt Groening shit
>but Eric Andre is in it
Im so confused right now

Because the first of those shows went to total shit, and the second of which got kinda crappy towards the end, and the premise sounds kinda meh.
Really it's just sorta like Medieval Futurama. But really Max Groening's real strong suit was probably he attracted really good staffs that would eventually leave.

>feisty elf companion Elfo
>Elf the Elf
Bravo

>His only previous shows are tow of the greatest animated comedies of all time.
More like one show overstayed its welcome and now its an annoying zombie and the other got gutted when they revived it

Well Futurama premiered in 1999 which was 18 years ago, so it is possible that people are skeptical of Groening's ability to create new stuff after so long

Mite be cool.
Simpsons was great until it wasn't, Futurama was great until it wasn't.

Futurama is dead, but a terrible Simpsons crossover will probably happen if only because the Simpsons are starving for new content. A 100% chance if this show gets good ratings and reviews, so Simpsons can be relevant again for an episode.

>Because the first of those shows went to total shit, and the second of which got kinda crappy towards the end

Maybe so, but both shows also STARTED strong.

I see no reason to believe that this show won't also start out strongly, meaning we'll have a couple seasons of goodness to look forward

And as for the premise, who among you would have said that "pizza delivery boy gets frozen and wakes up in the future to be friends with a hard drinking robot and a no-nonsense female alien" sounds like a good premise?

You can say it sounds good now in hindsight, but when you break it down, it doesn't sound any better or worse than what's being pitched now

Yeah they started strong.
10 years ago.

I bet you it'll be just like nu-futurama.
Unless Matt Groening has actually awaken from his zombie like creative state he's been in the past 10 years, which if so this could be kino.

Right, so in ten years, this new show will probably be shit.

But when it debuts, it might be really good.

So why be a pessimistic dipshit about it?

Well said, user. It's all about the execution, so I'm gonna remain cautiously optimistic towards Disenchantment. I'd really love to see the designs of the main trio, though.

But that's not Life in Hell

>But when it debuts, it might be really good.
What makes you say that? When was the last time Matt has been involved in the production on one of his shows? Or when was the last time he did anything at all?

>more overbites
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

>futurama garbage LOTR parody episode: the show
>only on NETFLIX!
There's not a singe thing I like there.

No I mean both those shows ceased being good 10 years ago...or more.

>Futurama cast!
>The fucking Mighty Boosh!!
>Eric Andre!!!

please don't fuck this up

That's just it. How often do creators stop producing, then 20 years later start producing again and have it be great? Sometimes, but most of the time they're just trying to recapture something that just isn't there anymore.

I'll watch it, of course, but I'm not on the edge of my seat over here. Which honestly is better for it, anyway. If they actually have something with it, it doesn't have to compete with its expectations.

I wonder how much work Matt is actually doing for the series. Slapping his name on this nets him and Netflix some easy money.

Could not pay me to watch more Groening garbage. Just lying, I would if I was paid to watch this shit, but still my point stands

I doubt it, he usually is very involved on projects but rarely writes scripts past the first season, I hope him and the other Exec producer Josh Weinstein do have a big hand in writing because then the show should be funny enough.

>I hope him and the other Exec producer Josh Weinstein
WAIT HOLD UP
Josh Weinstein is working on this? Mission Hill guy?

I'm in. The hard drinking princess had me interested, now, it has my attention.

Uhhh...He's not writing it, is he?

>Eric Andre
so Groening wants a autistic ADD festered manchild breaking shit for views to voice a character?

what a hack

Executive producer

Hm. Hopefully as much as he does on Simpsons, then.

It just doesn't sound very good. That said I WILL check it out probably.

It'll be great, I can't wait to see the orange cheeto villain and other such zany antics!

I'm definitely gonna check it out but it's hard to tell if Matt still has it in him after not really working on anything for nearly twenty years now.

I want to believe that Matt Groening is getting off of his fat ass and is going to put effort into making this as good as old school Simpsons/Futurama

They just name their episodes after movie, book or tv show titles now. They've stopped giving a fuck long ago.