Green Lantern Thread

Can we take a moment to appreciate what is easily the greatest legacy character in comics? Seven characters have borne the title of Green Lantern and all of them have largely been accepted on the whole and have drawn their own set of fans. Even the newest Lanterns, Simon and Jessica, have received really good character development through their current ongoing and all without shitting on or diminishing their predecessors. It's something that's really just unheard of and simply amazing considering the sheer amount of characters taking their turn bearing the mantle.

This one of the reasons why Green Lantern is one of my favorite DC properties.

GL has such a big world that you can tell and explore so many things with it, but we unfortunately don't have many writers in the industry that can write good and interesting stories with them.

Alan doesn't exist. Jade was one but don't exist. Many others don't exist as the first female lantern or china man.

>Seven characters
Charlie was robbed

There are too many human lanterns

There is also a cat

The problem is that the aliens are just recolored people. Like that one from Rann. And Arisa, Soranik, Fatality, Iolande, etc

>Alan

Just wait

It feels like there's too many but I also don't want to get rid of any of them

Voltoom is replacing Alan.

It is still bothersome that almost ever Lantern that ever gets screentime is either from Earth or the story happens on Earth because it is THE CENTER OF THE MULLTIVERSE!™
They have an entire universe as a seting yet still use it in so unimaginative ways. It hurts.

What

That literally makes no sense, user

What do you think about the GL books currently Sup Forums? Seeley coming onto GLs is interesting

It does. Wait until he arrives in ww2 era earth.

All bad shit happens on Earth (for some reason)

>Th-that's not what Batman told me.
/ourgal/

Based

As a flash fan it pisses me off that DC is willing to let the GL mantle be legacy but insists that Barry should be the only Flash now.

Honestly Voothom has took Alan stuff. The heart and expunging stuff into a ring.
Wallys called the Flash in titans, jay showed up and is in the future museum.

Yeah but they are sidelined so hard it's amazing. We currently have 2 new GL's but the other Flashes are no more than sideline characters that show up once every 30 issues. Bart doesn't even exist.

The GLC is an army. The Flash isn't.

Bart's costume shows up in the next book out soon. With Walter West the dark flash costume.

Right now the primary earth lanterns are Baz and Jessica. Jordons still the main star of the space book with other humans being the cast.

Honestly Wally should have a solo.

You think them being from Earth is bad?

>6 human lanterns
>All from America

Fucking burger writers forget the rest of the Earth even exists

They didn't forget that the rest of thr Earth exists.
They just know that America is the only country that matters.

Only until China takes over.

I always hated that. Especially when they shove aside good alien characters like Kilowog, Arista, Salaak etc.

Jess > Kyle > Kilowag > Guy > Bas > John > Hal never read Alan

Jess is just too adorable

There's a reason for that, also there's a reason why there where no human GL before Hal.

What about his great-great-great-grandfather?

Yeah post nu52 or earth 1.

Others not so much.

If China ever does take over, GL's would be systematically phased out and Yellow Lanterns would become Earth's new token corps.

I want to see a little more of the general space cop stuff when the corps goes back to normal again, kind of like what GLC did pre-FP. And I kind of want them to have a hard time with it since they're pretty unreliable and always caught up in space wars (that they usually help start) instead of handling "smaller" stuff.

How would Corpsmen from sector 0911 work for the other notes of the Emotional Scale?

I mean we Have Rot Lop Fan for F Sharp and the Sound Dancer as Corps Construct of Larfleeze, but I have to ask about the others.

Should I use Ptolemy for the Emotional Scale or Pythagoras?

Red lanterns would win or blue.

Anyway even if China does become number 1, most American stuff will still be American centric.

I always loved this costume, i hope they'll bring it back.

For some reason the original lanterns costumes are always the best

Is there still no 2814 Sinestro member?

The last one I remember was Amon Sur and he died in 2010.

I'm surprised they don't have Kyle hang with the Titans more considering he was briefly on the team (before DC remembered OSHIT GREEN LANTERN GOTTA BE ON THE LEAGUE!), dated Donna, and became bros with Wally.

I feel like he's the Lantern equivalent the O5 never had, considering he seems to be in their age group and the above connections. I also wonder how it'd be if in some other DCU he was a full-fledged Kid Lantern to Hal or so.

Does Black Adam count?

I've heard the post-Rebirth stuff is really good, what line is best to start with assuming zero knowledge of Green Lantern?

They didn't change Jay's costume too much so I'm hoping Alan's will be mostly the same

It's just not the same without the eyesore color scheme and dramatic flair

No becuase he got a ring the same time half the JLA and all the popular villains did, then they were all taken away again.

Sinestro probably almost has a stroke every time he thinks about the possibility that there could be a human in his corps that's not his hudbando

Mongul I guess was the next after Amon Sur, but he ended up not really doing anything in 2814.

I always liked the normal clothes as a costume thing, which is what I thought was cool about Alan and Jay's costumes.

if you like more character work Green Lanters is pretty great. Dogfucker is even making some great villains in his run. Not every arc is great but 8/10 run.

I haven't read Hal Jordan

There are still a few thousand planets in the same sector

Probability dictates that it will be an American human, and would you risk it?

Wonder what ring? Magic or corps? Or Even powering.

Lanterns are sitting on 6 2814 members, Sinestros really need a recruitment drive for that sector.

>Eel O'Brian of Earth, you have the ability to instil great fear, welcome to the Sinestro Corps.
Before you refute this, note that I said Eel, not Plastic Man.

Could be the green related. And no I'm not suggesting he will be gay.

Same goes with Guy and JLA, i think the reason they keep Kyle in Hal's book is because the don't have many popular lanterns to focus on

Wasn't that guy Nero a member? Did he die?

He was before the Sinestro Corps, and the Alpha executed him back in 09

They'll probably do something about the logo like they did with Kyle, i read there was an editorial reason for that (laziness?)

Who?

He became a black lantern.

They changed Kyle's logo so it was uniform with everyone else's

Alan isn't a corps member so they don't need to change his for that reason

The fact that the current GLs arc set in the past doesn't talk about the starheart makes me belive that they don't have plans to use him again anytime soon.
Same goes with the First Lantern's flashback, i mean they could always set the creations of the star before that or after, since it's not really related to the lanterns but still i'ts weird that they didn't hinted at it

>Alan isn't a corps member so they don't need to change his for that reason

We still don't know what retcon Rebirth has for him

Isn't Earth a nexus to the 52 parallel universes or something? I haven't kept up with capeshit, not going to lie.

Voltoom origins is nearly the same. But guardian emotions instead of magic.

Plus can a flying multi colored costumed lantern be a covert jsa member like jay?

Or they could ignore Dogfucker's dumb retcons and give Alan the Starheart anyway

Or the genie wish that made the E0 JSA go away also masked all existence of it, obviously

Even if it did. Everything pst ww2 will be ignored. Jade certainly won't exist nor being of the first female green lantern of earth.

They might even have Alan with his lantern, and it never been destroyed. Negating the starheart power overload he had and fire design green.

I guees this can be a solution

The name of this character always pop out during those threads
Does he have some good stories? He seems pretty obscure

Hal is cute

He is pretty obscure, he has like 5 appearances ever

But it always seemed like he had a lot of potential that went completely untapped, he was a GL before Guy Gardner was and having a human lantern who was basically stuck in frontier space is a neat premise

Are they going to do some kind of shared origin for these fuckers and the rhyming demons or what?

No it explains how guardians become small and emotionless.

My dubs will confirm Guy as best lantern for all time.

Can't deny it

yeah but why does everything rhyme

i want a story about all the guardians atrocitus killed being in hell and having a rap battle with etrigan and his crew

>is that guy gardner?

I liked the running gag in the cartoon that everyone else in the corps likes guy over hal.

All lantern oaths rhyme. They made the rhymes.

And lol.

the guardians aren't lanterns tbqh

Most lanterns never made the rhyme concept or is needed. The book shows how rings and lantern was made.

Truth.

based

Fuck yeah, here's to the Corp.

Carol Danvers should become a Green Lantern or Yellow Lantern. That way she can be with her off & on again Boyfriend, Hal Jordan. Or fuck give him a new love interest.

Kyle x Soranik is pretty dull. Soranik is obviously to yandere, she's busting Kyle's balls for seeing her as his true love. Busting his balls again when he didn't disclose they had a potential future son that turned out to be evil. She even branded him with Sinestro Corps symbol, which is going to spark another war between SC & GLC. Giving command to Jon Stewart was worse mistake Hal ever has done.

>Carol Danvers

I liked Nero, thought the concept of a schizophrenic with a ring constantly making the weird shit in his head real was an interesting idea

Kyle is worst lantern

Carol Ferris*

However gotta admit, if they ever did dona crossover. Hal Jordan & Carol Danvers would hit it off. They got similar personality & background. Their powers would complement one another well.

The Flash is an anthropomorphic personification of motion. He's the vibration of our universe given form, there should be thousands of him.

>Giving command to Jon Stewart was worse mistake Hal ever has done.
It's not like Hal handed command over, John just started bossing people around when they were stuck in a different universe and nobody's told him not to

Although it's kind of weird that John keeps getting praise as a leader even though he's not much better than Hal while everybody hated Hal for it

>Even the newest Lanterns, Simon and Jessica
Simon is just a Muslim Jon Stewart - he's been done before, especially if you're reading old Stewart.

Jessica, on the other hand, is just too annoying to keep reading through. I ended up dropping Lanterns, primarily because I couldn't stand another drop of her shit.

>dat qt3.14
Best girl.

>However gotta admit, if they ever did dona crossover. Hal Jordan & Carol Danvers would hit it off. They got similar personality & background. Their powers would complement one another well.
They'd hit it off pretty well but their inevitable breakup would be explosively bad