So why is Batman the posterboy for the superhero no kill policy ?

So why is Batman the posterboy for the superhero no kill policy ?

I'm not asking "why doesn't he kill the joker" or such, but why is he the one that usually points it out to others ? With his background you'd expect him to be more hesitant about the matter and have other heroes or Robins remind him that heroes don't kill.

Other urls found in this thread:

comicsalliance.com/batman-kills/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what if you kill lots of killers?

>number of killers remains the same
Doesn't this just mean that you should kill several killers?

What if you're already a killer you fucking dumb ass?

that only counts for the first kill batman. Everything after that is just peach tea

>Now suppose Baldrick that you kill *two* killers..

You swap a lot of killers for a mass murderer ?

what if you kill all the other killers, then kill yourself? problem solved

I feel like Bruce would absolutely hate the show Dexter.

That's not how math works. God damn, people need to do more math in grade school

You become a serial killer and the authorities freak out.

Does a mass murderer have better stats though?

then they still win :^)

what if i killed myself. then I would be my own killer and there would be two less killers

I think he may be the poster boy because he's so clearly irrational.

As for Batman's argument in OP's pic, gay murder Batman refutes it all the time.

>If you kill a killer, the number of killers in the world remains the same.

Not if you kill yourself after

Well his kill count is higher, does that count ?

Kek.
I loved that show.

If he kills enough people he must be doing something right, stat wise.

his luck is probably high

He's the most retard and made for retard fans.

well if im KILLED by a killer then the number remains the same too. I would rather be alive

You are The Punisher and eventually you become responsible for the extinction of the species.

It's so prevalent to his character because Batman is literally insane. He has a psychotic compulsion with prevents him from taking a human life for any reason.
It's so much more prevalent in his stories because It causes him the most trouble. Superman doesn't kill either, but that's because he doesn't need to. Batman frequently fights villains that could easily kill him given the chance, so not taking them out first is an obstacle he has to overcome.

But every one you kill after the first reduces the number. For a genius, he's shit at math.

If you kill one person before he kills 100 people, you saved 99 people.

Get fucked.

Makes him look like a pansy considering Marvel heroes kill like normal action heroes.

because most superheroes no kill policy is flexible, if they absolutely have to they will kill someone to save their own or anothers life if thats their only option

batman is so extremely autistic he would let joker set off a nuke if his only option was to shoot him

Adrian didn't deserve this. He was doing his best.

>It's this logic again
>All killers are the same, even policemen that shoot a hostile criminal to stop them from murdering everyone in a convenient store are just as bad as the criminal about to kill everyone in the convenient store.
>The world is Black and White

What? Frank isn't Judge Dredd. He only kills and cares about punishing the bottom of the barrel scumbags.
Murderers, drug dealers, pedophilia producers and distributors, serial rapists, human traffickers, etc.

Frank isn't going to show up on your doorstep a point a gun in your face because you pirated the newest Call of Duty.
Hell, Frank doesn't even go after accidental murderers. Killing someone in a drunken bar fight or splattering then with your car because it was too dark to see them isn't the sort of thing Frank bothers with.

The real question is the numbers of people killed, leaving the joker alive leads to hundred of people innocents dead , 100 innocents vs 1 killer

Kill two, then.

Marvel heroes are also, mostly, terrible people.
The few that aren't terrible people are either easy targets that get their world view destroyed in their first six months and then become assholes, mutants just trying to get by in a world that hates them, three of the Fantastic 4, and Spider-Man.

"If you rape a killer, then the number of killers in the world remains the same, but at least one of them got what he deserved."
-Jim Gordon

If they are former soldiers then no killing rule does not apply.
Also in space since no one cares about aliens.

What if you kill a killer who would have killed two killers?

>So why is Batman the posterboy for the superhero no kill policy ?
because he's so relatable just a human like me XDDD

quality post

I really hate Jason Todd/Red Hood for this reason. Well, one of many reasons.

Damian has had a great character arc where he's had to unlearn the murderous ways he was brought up with. When he has killed it was a huge deal, had consequences, and was a major character moment for him.

Meanwhile Jason Todd bounces between periods of mass murder and Batman's all "Well Jason just don't do it again". Every time.

Batman never said this, it's some 9gag/tumblr fantasy bullshit they put quotes on whatever picture they can find.

How does Sup Forums fall for such obvious bait every time?

but the number of kills will go down, you dumbass!

>why is batman the no-kill posterboy
Because part of Batman's character is walking the line of insanity. He's the character best-equipped to understand and convey that one can't fully trust one's self and that certain limits can't be crossed.

Supes? Spiderman? They could kill a supervillain and it wouldn't massively alter their activities or methods.

If Batman is willing to kill some asshole in clown makeup he may as well become the punisher.

Anyone read Punisher kills marvel?

>Makes him look like a pansy considering Marvel heroes kill like normal action heroes.

Not wantonly, no, they're just usually not retarded about no-kill rules.

The whole point of being a superhero is that you're willing to compromise your physical and even mental well being for the sake of others no matter the odds. Being a bitch about your morals and holding them as a priority over the lives of others just so your fee fees don't get hurt is not a heroic quality, at all.

Then you work for the state as an executioner?

So the solution is ti kill more than 1 killer...

>implying the world isn't black and white
Greyfags are just blackfags in denial.

Go to bed, Mr. Ditko.

>Mr. Ditko.
gayyyyyyyy

That's because Jason's characterization when he came back was a realization that Batman's methodology was flawed. He's consistently shown to be willing to use non-lethal force when asked and outside two or three shitty stories isn't particularly trigger happy.

>Batman will defend these people

one bad day....

Yeah, but it makes no sense and makes Batman's stance look even more ridiculous because he keeps forgiving this guy who is largely remorseless about his numerous murders and who hasn't really shown any willingness to stop. Sure he'll use nonlethal methods if asked but he'll also kill when he feels like it.

At some point someone needs to call Batman out on giving Jason a special pass for what's supposed to be the ultimate line Batman won't tolerate anyone crossing.

what if the killers you are killing are also killing killers? how many killers are in the world then?

>22 years
Really now, though I suppose in some European nations he'd be out before then on good behavior.

Everyone knows the real reason Batman doesn't kill is just so comic book villains can be brought back over and over for decades and decades. Any in narrative justification for this is retarded.
Read manga.

/thread

Sure, why not? At this point the Joker alone has personally killed hundreds if not thousands of people, and caused the deaths or injury of thousands, maybe tens of thousands more.

The other Batman villains might not be as bad but they all have ridiculous body counts.

It's not murder

Nah, he's talking about the extinction at a "small" level

Nuclear Holocaust, Frank survives, so do a bunch of rich busy-bodies and supposed "evil" people, Frank dispenses justice.... Fun comic

>Read manga.

Eh, I'm also a mangafag but you're retarded if you don't think manga has its own set of editorial pressures that shape the narratives.

Like everyone knows the real reason fight scenes tournament arcs can be so infamously drawn out (and tournament arcs so prevalent) is because it lets the publisher milk the series longer, not out of some pure artistic vision. Manga artists have publishers too, and those publishers also want to inflate sales and draw things out when they can.

Every comic that isn't self-published has to deal with external real-world editorial/sales concerns, and has to come up with an internal narrative justification for them.

>So why is Batman the posterboy for the superhero no kill policy ?

Because he's the posterboy for DC and cape heroes in general.
He's the most popular superhero, so he becomes the mouthpiece for every capebullshit.

>b-b-but muh Superman

In this day and age the only advantage Supes has on Batman is that he's more iconic, that's it. In practice, Batman is the #1 capefuck when it comes to everything, from sales to merchandise to productions etcetera. Superman is Mickey Mouse and Batman is Donald Duck, nobody gives a fuck about Mickey Mouse anymore.

Make me.

There should be a Batman villain who's just a normal dude who gets tired of Batman's shit and goes out killing people just to prove the point that Batman only barks and doesn't bite and criminals have free reign in Gotham since there are no consequences for whatever they do.

Red Hood.

That was literally the whole point of Jason as Red Hood, you moeshit neet.

Or a normal dude who tries killing villains himself and actually gets the people of gotham behind him.

>He's the most popular superhero, so he becomes the mouthpiece for every capebullshit.
Nope, that's still Spider-Man.
>In this day and age the only advantage Supes has on Batman is that he's more iconic, that's it
Why are Batfags so needlessly hostile to their fellow DC fags?

Latin America has yet another reason why it is one of the world's shittiest societies. Colombia looking real fucking incompetent here.

What are you talking about? There are consequences. Batman would catch him and put him in jail, where he'd stay like everyone Batman stops except the popular villains.

Because most other heroes, while surely STRIVING to finding a different way will eventually kill a fucker if it's a question of their morals and the lives of innocents.

>Nope, that's still Spider-Man.
Absolutely not, start by checking comic sale and box-office.
Not that you'll do that, you're an autistic companywars fag so the only thing you read is shitposts on Sup Forums and hentai manga. I'm saying for any not-trash user who's reading.

Or how about a Judge that actually starts handing out death sentences, and a "villain" who guards the prisons and makes sure they don't evade it.

This is ridiculous. You can argue that a no-killing rule is silly, but this is going too far to the other side. Killing criminals isn't the only way to stop them, even in the real world. Batman would just apprehend this person like he would any criminal and hand him over to the police.

How would this provide anything?

Or maybe he would get away scot-free and Batman would turn his head everytime he kills someone. Maybe even teaming with Bats from time to time.
But that's just crazy talk, right?
...right?

And the people of Gotham form an armed, organised militia that start kicking the shit out of criminals and villains.

The Punisher is the worst for this. I love how, say, Spider-man will team up with him and make a huge deal about how Frank absolutely cannot kill anyone during the team-up...then lets him go back to his endless murder crusade when they're done.

What if the people of Gotham formalized this organized militia, integrated it into the city's government, and funded it with taxes?

Maybe they could call it "the police"?

That's true to a point, in capecomics the "no-kill" rule isn't imposed by editors, it's actually a belief the writers usually have. They seriously believe a good superhero must not kill EVER.

At this point it's so radicated with capeshits even most readers out there believe it to be a core principle.

I don't think that's true. Only a few characters (Batman, Spider-man, Superman) have hard no-kill rules. Most American cape characters will use lethal force if necessary, though they'll try anything else first. But that's no different than what real cops are supposed to do.

I'd say it's a bit of both. I think most people realize that characters like Batman, Spider-man, and Superman are (more or less) absolute in their rule. But I think the expectation is still there for other heroes to the point where it kind of surprised people when characters like Daredevil or Captain America take a life.

Daredevil shouldn't kill bc Matt's a fucking lawyer and he wants to bring them to justice.

Like I said, isn't that the same as real-world cops? Cops (in theory, at least) are only supposed to use deadly force as a last resort when non-lethal methods have failed and there's no other choice.

>Only a few characters (Batman, Spider-man, Superman) have hard no-kill rules.

Not exactly, all three of them have killed in the past. The no-kill hard-rule is more recent than one might think, and it includes many more than those (Cap and Flash, Daredevil and then some).
Somehow in recent years, someone said that a core principle of superheroes is that they don't kill under any circumstance, and most people agreed with that for some reason.

I mean, Batman killed in both the Burton and Nolan movies, so did Supes in the second Donner one. But come MoS and everyone flipls their shit.

Batman only wounded Darkseid

Superman killed a LOT of people in MoS. He was also an unlikable cunt, but most of the current DC movies feature unlikable cunts when you get down to it.

Woah thats deep

>'tis a flesh wound!

The list is way longer anyway, KGBeast for example.
Or Doctor Death.

It depends on the writer but usually Superman has a less strict no kill rule when dealing with huge threats like Darkseid who he sang to death.

But one thing most no-kill rule heroes do follow is the golden hypocritical exception of "It's ok to brutally murder them if they're robots, no matter how advanced their AI is because they're not people".

Yeah, I agree. All I'm saying is that the other user was kind of right when he said a lot of readers have kind of accepted it as a core principle for most heroes. Even though most heroes really don't have an absolute no kill rule, people tend to get a little surprised when they kill someone.

>Superman killed a LOT of people in MoS
That was debatable at the time, the only certain mureder was Zod, and everyone went crazy about it because SUPERMAN DOESN'T KILL YOU MADE MY KID CRY!!!
Except Superman killed Zod in the comics like, 20 years prior. And in the old movies as well.

I'm talking about the comics. Chris Sims has a good rundown on the history of Batman's no-kill rule:

comicsalliance.com/batman-kills/

Batman's no-kill policy has been in place since 1940 and has been followed in 99.99999999% of in-continuty Batman stories since then (Sims points to a the KGBeast one and a 70s Ra's Al Ghul story as deviations).

I'm not as familiar with Superman, but I'd bet it's the same thing. I know Pre-Crisis his no-kill rule was absolute, to the point that him intentionally killing in "Whatever Happened To The Man of Tomorrow?" was what led him to retire from being Superman.

When has Spider-Man ever intentionally killed someone?

Superman has killed quite a few times, difference is that he doesn't let it drive him crazy like how Batman thinks he'll snap (this of course is when Batman's no-kill rule is built on his own mistrust of himself instead of some other reason) if he takes one life. Superman has the better judgement and knows when no-kill isn't going to work.

Sure, but it's like if Goku were malicious, you know? Like, Vageta kills people and we all love him, but that's because he owns himself as a bad guy. Goku is meanwhile the most powerful thing alive and the only reason he doesn't conquer or destroy Earth is becuase he's good-natured.

MoS depicted a broody, sulking Superman who seemed comfortable with resorting to murder. It's like if Vageta tried to play the good guy. It's scary, and dangerous. When a person with power starts justifying murder to himself, or being at peace with collateral lives lost, they become a real threat to everyone. Superman was not a good person in MoS. It wasn't just the killing, it was his decorum that made people think the killing was a thing to be really upset about.

cuz superman is a dick.

Quit chugging Snyder's cum. MoS was shit and a big part of it was having Superman kill.

>Vageta
Freudian slip?
I'm not arguing about MoS' Superman anyway, I'm saying that the public threw a big fit over Superman killing (and yes, it was specifically that, not his character as a whole), despite the fact he did that more than once in the past. To the same character even.

>another autistic neckbeard throwing a tantrum over nothing

Thanks for illustrating my point though.
Now go back to Sup Forums.