Toonami Ratings for 7/22/17

Toonami will now start at 11 again, all the premiere shows move up 30 minutes, and AoT takes the last slot as a rerun. Also apparently Super goes back to being a rerun on Toonami, not super clear on that yet.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders will replace Attack on Titan starting this Saturday.

Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans S2 will replace Tokyo Ghoul in October.

Adult Swim is funding two new 6 episode seasons of FLCL. Set for 2018.

Last week, we had ratings even lower than when Jack reruns were leading. This week was more of the same. AoT leaves with a whimper just as it started with. Now the block is moving up 30 mins, that might change something. Probably not though.

11:30 Dragon Ball Super 804 0.39 496
12:00a Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters 725 0.35 447
12:30a Attack on Titan 621 0.31 396
1:00a Tokyo Ghoul 565 0.28 354

1:30a Hunter X Hunter 500 0.25 319
2:00a Lupin the 3rd: Part 4 472 0.24 314
2:30a Naruto: Shippuden 436 0.20 256
3:00a Ghost in the Shell (r) 367 0.17 222
3:30a Samurai Jack (r) 323 0.15 192

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-07-24/marty-adelstein-one-piece-live-action-series-could-set-new-record-for-tv-production-costs/.119233
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Venture brothers kills Family Guy again, thankfully that is leaving this week

8:00 Dragon Ball Super (r) 0.39 716 0.29 375
8:30 Samurai Jack (r) 0.27 455 0.18 236
9:00 Rick & Morty (r) 0.38 617 0.25 322
9:30 Rick & Morty (r) 0.42 683 0.28 363

10:00 Venture Brothers (r) 0.35 575 0.25 317
10:30 Family Guy (r) 0.48 722 0.30 382
11:00 Family Guy (r) 947 0.42 542

And the usual down here

4:00a Rick & Morty (r) 395 0.18 236
4:30a Rick & Morty (r) 414 0.20 251

5:00a King of the Hill (r) 488 0.22 288
5:30a King of the Hill (r) 512 0.24 312

I thought Venture Brothers was supposed to be the best [AS] show?

Will Part 3 save Toonami?

Best

He will SAVE US!

No, Family Guy is.

The best AS shows typically get the worst ratings

Remember: We have until FLCL airs when the plug is finally pulled.

No

No, One Punch Man season 2 will

What's the hottest dub they can realistically get their hands on?

2 seasons of FLCL though, so wouldn't that garruntee years?

two eight episode seasons would be 16 weeks assuming no breaks, which is about 4 months assuming they air back-to-back

That's their issue. They keep going for hot dubs everyone already watched

>8
They are 6 episode seasons, and confirmed to have a break in between

>which is about 4 months assuming they air back-to-back
They won't be.

I'm actually hype for naruto. I feel like a 14 year old edgelord again.

no, cartoon network already aired it years ago

I'm not a doom singer but I'm actually kinda worried now.

>3 weeks ago official announcement Toonami is moving back to 11:30
>today get one it's moving back to 11
I have seen enough AS to know what's happening here. They are at the panic stage where they are just making random schedule changes each week hoping one of them is a hit. Cancellation is coming soon

I wonder how BNHA would've fared if Funi decided to give the dub to the Toonami block.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw it. This is always AS final action before something dies

>more generic shonen trash
Yea that's what the block doesn't have enough of. I'm glad Hulu ended up getting it

What are we going to do without Toonami?

BREAKING NEWS!
Everyone who said that Toonami is dying was wrong.

Will the block even survive until flcl?

AS will probably just play it on their block without Toonami. FLCL is still an investment of theirs, after all.

>gits AND AoT rerun
I dunno boi.

>breaking news
>first line of the OP
Also try reading between the lines retard

>expansion
Oh hey that's pretty co-
>for an AoT rerun at 3:30am
>11pm Super is a rerun again
The only good thing coming from this is all the shit worth watching moves up 30 minutes, so we can all fuck off a little bit earlier

Weekly reminder that One Piece is the best selling manga WORLDWIDE!

>11pm Super is a rerun again
Am I blind?

Yes I am. NEVERMIND

You aren't, you have to look at AS online schedule to know that bonus piece of info

oh boy, Jojo's Bizarre Memeventure is back to finish the block off for good

good, now I can go to bed at 130

Every.
Single.
Thread.

Literally what are they thinking? Wouldn't that HURT the block?

the absolute madman

>one hour of DBZ before Jojo
>you can literally tell how many niggers watch toonami because they all go to bed after dragonball

Of course it will, it's been doing it for 7 months now. Perhaps this week was an act of defiance toward Toei? It sure didn't last

I forgot to watch s1 of AoT again.

Where you belong:

>Dragonball is more popular than JoJo
Stop the presses

What did the few of you that didn't already finish it a month ago think of Attack on Titan S2? I am a bit dismayed by these ratings, but I am glad that I can stop watching at 2am now and actually catch Lupin.

I am kinda hype for Part 3 of Jojo, but we'll see how much this Jojo grows on me.

>Toonami is completely reliant on Family Guy reruns at 11-11:30
>replace 11 FG with Super RERUN
They are intentionally trying to kill it at this point

Well, at least Venture Memes is getting taken off, so, ratings for the Pre-Toonami shows will likely improve, I guess.

And now I need to have a long cold shower after typing that.

Kai's alright but Super's shit and yet it still gets higher ratings than Kai. Are these people really psyched to see a combination of shit animation, terrible writing and flanderized characters in a poor excuse for a rehash of an already underwhelming series of movies every week?

They really should have just waited and made S2-S3 one thing because it doesn't feel like we resolved anything at all. Even with half a season it was still plagued with budget saving dialog episodes. At least no more stillframes

remember when Kai drew over a million? me neither

It's because it's new Dragon Ball. That's it.

Wish they chose something other than FLCL to make a sequel for. Couldn't get into the first part

oh well if they aren't dumb they put it in the top slot and I can skip it

the real question is how do they get away with only showing gumball and teen titans for like 8 hours a day. You can do better than only two shows, CN

They should have chosen Deadman Wonderland when the iron was still hot for it.

Because kids watch them and they get great ratings. Why change what works?

I left the block when Jack ended. This will bring me back for the duration of part 3.
I mean, I'll still be turning off the tv after Jojo because fuck the back half of the block, but I'm still coming back

I'd say being earlier is a good move. Even 30 more minutes is enticing enough for people who didn't want to stay up too late.

I love jojo but I'm actually worried about its ratings, I haven't seen the promo they had yet on tv ONCE

Spamming the two highest rated shows on a sinking network makes sense. Why risk airtime on experimental shit that would potentially take months or years to accrue a fan base when you could just marathon your best shows every day and get dumb kids on summer break to sit in front of the screen for 12 hours a day to watch?

It was on during the block

Yea but it pulls Family Guy out of primetime, so that will probably level out any potential gains

How are people seriously spinning this as bad news for Toonami?

Go home, DeMarco.

You forgot to add that it's soon to be the highest budget television production in American history

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-07-24/marty-adelstein-one-piece-live-action-series-could-set-new-record-for-tv-production-costs/.119233

>not even a month ago we get an official reduction to 11:30
>now we are getting an expansion to 11 again
That's a big red flag right there. There shouldn't be this many schedule changes happening every week. It shows AS is panicking to figure something out
>only thing we are getting from this is AoT rerunning at the end
>Super is back to being a rerun on Toonami
The real joke is people trying to spin this as a positive thing. The only plus side from this is everything moving up 30 minutes

Get out of here, pansies. Your show is cancelled. Take your shit to Sup Forums.

Monmusu

The dub was pretty enjoyable

Ok user, aside from everything premiering 30 minutes earlier, what positives come from this change?

>Best girl got the worst voice
Nah buddy

>"""""cancelled"""""
>new episode beats all of Toonami combined every week in ratings
>continues to be in the book of world records
>Oda continues to have more change in his pocket than you'll make in a year
>is getting a LIVE ACTION TELEVISION SERIES

How butthurt can you Toonamifags get? Like, I feel embarrassed for you.

>AoT reruns
>not One Piece

This. That's why Home Movies didn't do so hot. Too subtle for the FOX rerun crowd.
Though for as much as you all shat on it, it wasn't airing an hour before Toonami, didn't get pulled after two weeks and didn't get as abysmal ratings. TVB is the true ratings cancer.

Getting a live action series is not a good thing, it seems unadaptable

>Wanting to see ratings reach a new record low by airing One Piece on the block.

What season were the running?

Did you watch it all? I hated it in the trailer, but after watching the entire thing it started to fit better

Ah yes, that live action series that will be a huge blunder and be cancelled within a season

GODa doesn't seem to agree.

what? when they had even less money than they do now? Yeah that's probably a real good idea.

You do realize how asinine it is to adapt manga right? It didn't work for Dragonball, it didn't work for GiTS, it doesn't like it'll be working with Death Note, and attempts at Akira and Cowboy Bebop have been going for over a decade now.

Huh, well fuck the tv audience.

This One Piece one is a true labor of love, not a quick cash grab like those.

>LIVE ACTION TV SERIES
I mean i like One Piece, but if you don't think that's going to be a literal BLUNDER OF THE CENTURY then you're a moron.

>Series only enjoys mild popularity due to 4kids ruining any opportunity it had in the states
>Hollywood trying to adapt it usually results in altering several characters/plot points/settings
>Series fantasy and supernatural elements would require a ton of special effects
>Show would need stellar ratings in order to justify the immense production costs, and that's assuming a network picks it up

Was DMWL really that popular over here to justify such a thing?

More popular than Big O and that got an AS funded season

To be fair, Big O's second season was basically canned after already having scripts written and all that after the show tanked. When it aired in the States and did a little better it made sense to get the rest of the show made. The same can't be said for DMWL

It's basically the same story though, DM did terrible in Japan and great here. They even paid to rerun it at one point. That said, I'm not advocating for it. Would have watched it if it happened though.

Looks like 2018 will be the make or break year. I just get the feeling that they're going to rerun DBZ Kai again.

Hang on, what if when GitS ends instead of second gig they get something new?

>2018 will be the make or break year
As if we really had any other option besides failure.

I mean, a decent chunk of the block should open up by then.

>Until 2019 (or longer)
HxH
Jojo Part 3
DB Super

>Until 2018
IBO S2
FLCL
DBZ Final Chapters

IBO S2 is our last show this year, so in a lot of ways, 2018 really is the year. I expect Demarco to disappoint, though. It's easier on the mind this way.

They're retarded for putting 2 hours of Dragon Ball and then the new shows.

They should put Super -new show- Kai. That way niggers might stay and watch something that's not dragon ball

>idiots still blaming 4kids for ruining One Piece as if its still 2007 instead of 2017

Have you ever even met another person that likes anime? Like, at all? Have you been to an anime convention in the last 8 years? Because I promise you that you'll see more One Piece cosplay than anything.

Part 3 will be done by fall of next year. 2019 would be if they decide to air Part 4 as well (which, unless Part 3 crashes and burns horribly, they probably will).