Realistically, who has the better chance of becoming the new Captain America in the MCU? Bucky or Sam Wilson?

Realistically, who has the better chance of becoming the new Captain America in the MCU? Bucky or Sam Wilson?

Other urls found in this thread:

indiewire.com/2017/07/doctor-doom-movie-noah-hawley-new-film-fox-1201858156/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sam because black

I've always hated Bucky and the character of the Winter Soldier in genera; the fujoshits just make it far worse. I hope he dies soon and never comes back even though I know it won't happen.

Neither.

The new cap will be no one.

The one who works for scale.

Whoever can get farther deepthroating Steve.

Bucky. They teased him with the shield in every Cap film. Falcon is unfortunately underdeveloped.

Shaw because of contract but I hope sam sticks around even if evans is killed off. The fact they hated each other made it kind of great. their bit at airport together was great.

I hope bucky takes up the mantle and then gets killed himself. So really I'd like all 3 to get it since Anthony mackie is likable in a way that I think should be rewarded

You've have to be retarded to think it's going to be anyone other than Bucky. I could see Sam maybe taking up the mantle after him, but not before.

Sam lost to a barely trained Ant-Man.
Bucky fought toe to toe with Cap.

Of course the answer is gonna be Sam.

John Walker.

I don't think they are going to do legacy characters in the MCU. They are going to keep on not killing off heroes, and will prefer to recast them over replacing the characters if need be.

Trick question. Forrest Gump.

Don't be silly, Disney has been perfecting de-aging, corpse-reanimating technology for these movies.

>people saying Bucky
>mfw

It's going to be Sam, obviously. Ignore that Bucky has got hold of the shield in all movies and that he had a SDCC Funko exclusive, as it all comes down to the contracts of Mackie and Stan. Stan has still 6 movies to go with Marvel and is in his early 30s, while Mackie is in his 40s and he ain't getting any younger.

Co-Captains or nothing.

BuckyCap is best Cap

Anthony Mackie has gone on record saying he has no interest in being Cap.

Ant-Man is more powerful than Steve...

(You retard)

The one with superpowers.

Scarlet Witch? Awesome.

He said that when he was sitting right next to Sebastian Stan, his other contender for the role. So I doubt it is that truthful.

Neither?

I can't imagine them getting rid of downey or evans

I know people are nearly positive it's gonna happen, but they've invested so much into those two and have them cameo in literally every movie these days, it'd be self-sabotaging

>this guy thinks that Ant-Man can take out Cap

Sam

only because Sam is actually an Avenger, and Bucky is like the MCU's Osama bin Laden

Bucky has super strength, durability, and speed. He outran cars on the highway and kicked a man thirty feet among other things.

>Bucky
>not a super-serumed mutant

Are you that much of a retard?

>Snyder does MCU

Evans is way past peak humanity. He's probably strongest cap that will ever exist. Tossing spiderman around.

>Bucky getting the loudest screams alongside Steve and Peter during the footage shown at D23 and SDCC

Oh boii, can't wait for the Buckycap costume reveal next year at SDCC.

>Army vet like Steve
>Tech innovator ten years before Stark took the company
>Can run faster than Quicksilver's corpse.
>Impregnated an Amazon

Forrest is OP.

More like "Forrest has to p."

>cap dies
>bucky gets super pissed because muuh BOYFRIEND BITCH and lifts Mjölnir
>kills thanos

yfw

He's got a fake arm, he can do it.

Oh, I forgot about that. He doesn't usually have powers, just the arm.
That's not very nice.

>Bucky
>a brainwashed assassin
>worth of lifting Thor's hammer
>mfw

Kek. the sheer delusion. A pure hearted being like Steve was only able to bulge it slightly and you think the crazy brainwashed assassin will lift it?

Well, if he didn't have powers, then Cap or Panther would turn his insides into jelly with a single punch the second they started fighting seriously, so they didn't have any option other than to give him some.

Whedon even said evans could have lifted it but didn't on purpose.

Whedon is a fucking hack who fucked over to the DCEU after throwing a temper tantrum.

>fucked over to the DCEU

we all know it's going to be tony.

dad made the shield after all.

captain iron america man

Falcon just doesn't feel like major character material.

And someone whose biggest acting credit other than being in the MCU is Mad Hatter in Once Upon A Time can?

You don't know how the hammer works, do you.

Falcon because he can fly and Bucky can only punch things really hard.

call me when Buck can kick an helicopter down.

I'd say Cap couldn't lift it because he's conflicted about the side he fights for almost all the fucking time.

I'm not talking about the actors. I just don't think you can realistically sell Falcon as Captain America to the general audience. He hasn't been developed as a character, he has hardly any backstory, his role in every film so far has been doing whatever Cap tells him, except that time he got his ass kicked by Ant-Man. He's the generic best friend character with nothing going on in his own life who provides some levity and supports the main character. I don't see him being taken seriously in a big role unless they somehow find time to develop him first. It's not like Bucky is a great character, but he's been the main driving factor behind 2 of 3 Captain America movies, and he's got more things going on in his life than being an air force pilot.

>call me when Buck can kick an helicopter down.
And maybe then you can show us a high school diploma.

His name is Sebastian Stan...Sebastian Shaw is the x-men villain

Steve = Big Boss
Bucky = Venom

Yeah, fuck that small time joke "The Martian"

I counter this question with my own: Who would you prefer? I like Mackie as an actor more than I like Stan, so I'd like to see him pick up the shield.

This. What's with everyone thinking they'll pick Sam just because he's black?

There is some room for growth but it's not like he's wholly generic. One of the first things we see about Sam is that he's a counsellor to other vets. Whereas Steve and Bucky are guys out of time and have a hard time forming ties, Sam is more personable; he'd have to be to run support groups.
Also, I'm fairly sure he's got at least some backstory that he lost a wingman before, so we could explore that mission that went bad or develop a plot out of that

Bucky
Sam's just a guy in a jetback

the black guy obviously
do you not understand what's going on in hollywood these days or something?
until you fucking like it

They're used to how Marvel runs its comics division.

And well cynicism in general. Just look at how every major universe that used to be male dominated is now sporting a female lead. Same shit different flavors.

*Jetpack

This guy...

>Netflix
>canon

Kek, don't delude yourself. None of the Defenders are going to be on Infinity Wars to begin with so what makes you think that Nuke will happen?

Luke and Jessica were both attempts to recreate the SSS that made Cap, it's incredibly possible that Nuke could happen.

it doesn't matter because black guy, instant critical applause, so diverse such powerful statement
look at what they are doing with the actual comics, america, riri, etc. they are doubling down on muh diversity to the point where they ship those titles out whether stores want them or not
sorry i know a lot of people here are Sup Forums peeved but in this case it's the truth,they will place diversity as a more important priority than anything like character arcs or development

Mackie himself said he didn't want it. The MCU isn't exactly Marvel comics. They'd sooner turn a villain black than Captain America. I mean there's at least a track record for the former.

Probably Matt, too, now that I think about it.

Mackie is likable though and I want him to do well so

>look at what they are doing with the actual comics
>the comics
>MCU
I can't breathe

Yeah, but Falcon works better as a support character.
Bucky is much more central to the story, and we've already had plenty of moments where he wields the shield.

>I can't imagine them getting rid of downey or evans
Evans has alluded to being done after IW in many interviews. I think he's a bit tired of it by now. It's probably a bitch to have to keep yourself Cap levels of fit.

Downey has also said he feels he's getting to old, so he will probably either die or become a Nick Fury sort of character. Unless Disney stuffs him with even more money. That's always a possibility.

Nah, Evans just has a hard time dealing with the marketing that comes afterwards because he has some social anxiety.
He said he liked staying fit, and that he would try to stay in levels close to the ones he has in the movies unless another movie requieres another physique.

I'd be happy with either of them getting the shield/title, as long as they kept the other one as their sidekick. Their chemistry in interviews is outstanding.

They've said since like Iron Man 1 when the time comes they're gonna just James Bond it

Yeah, but Feige already kicked out the guys from the comics, they have no say in the movies anymore.

This. Ironically, Steve doesn't believe in himself enough to life the hammer. He IS good, but the kind of good that always thinks he should be doing more. Since he doesn't live up to his own standards, he thinks himself unworthy, so the Hammer does too.

Remember that the Hammer's restriction was originally to test Thor's mettle as king-to-be. Steve would not be a good king. A good man, but a terrible, Ned-Stark-tier king.

>they're gonna just James Bond it
But RDJ is Tony Stark. THATS him. Right down to the alcoholism. They can't just have someone else

In this instance, Whedon would be right. In the MCU with how the characters are portrayed, Cap at that point was worthy. He still is.
Was he worthy enough to lift the hammer for a party trick? Probably. But maybe not.
Was he worthy enough to lift the hammer if shit was going down and people needed saving?
Abso-fucking-lutely.

>But Sean Connery IS Bond. THATS him. Right down to abusing women. They can't just have someone else

It is 34 vs 38

Ruffalo also said recently that he has, like, 3 years tops before he is too old for the role.

I, personally, really hope that they don't James Bond it and force these characters to go on forever unless something unfortunate happens to one of the actors before their story is done. But if you CAN bring a character to a real conclusion and then have the character bow out gracefully/die meaningfully? Fucking take that opportunity, rather than overstaying your welcome.

Besides, Marvel has enough other heroes to bring to the fore that they can phase in a new cast to replace the old easily enough.

Like, have The Avengers core group let their stories end at Infinity War, and then let the younger characters step up and become the New Avengers. Or, after the Thanos thing wraps up, introduce the Fantastic Four and have them be the focus for the next arc. Doom as recurring villain, building up to Galactus as the next cosmic threat. Galactus is technically lower stakes than Thanos is, but its a different and less tested crew trying to take him and he is just as nigh-unbeatable for them.

Fox is doing a doom movie bud, MCU isn't getting the F4 or their villains

>Fox is doing a doom movie

Are they? Since when? It wasn't that long ago that they were still thinking of doing FAN4STIC 2

indiewire.com/2017/07/doctor-doom-movie-noah-hawley-new-film-fox-1201858156/

The guy from Fargo/Legion is doing it.

They should both be cap. I love their chemistry, they'd make an awesome buddy cop duo.

Goddammit
Can't he fucking wait until the F4 rights go back to Marvel?

duh, after homecoming obviously bucky. duh again

That would be a sweet movie. Honestly, the MCU should stop picking from event comic storylines and just experiment with cool ideas. Two Caps? Why not?

Why can't they just retire the mantle?
Turn it into a symbol or something

If they're setting up the Skrulls to be the villains of Captain Marvel, the next story arc is probably going to culminate with Secret Invasion.

Theyll do it together

/thread

Bucky
Every single promo he's been in has hinted at him with the shield in some way
He's always fucking using it to tag with cap or even against him

I don't trust anything related to Marvel being willing to kill off a major important big name hero and have them stay dead. That includes the MCU. I'll believe it when I see it.

It's also why he sees alot of himself in Wanda, who, like him, wrestles with self-doubt.

I agree, but the realities of film media might force their hand. The comics need to go on forever or Marvel goes out of business. But the MCU doesn't have that problem. As long as they keep coming out with movies people will pay to see, who is in them is a secondary concern. And actors have lifespans, either due to the realities of age or simple contract obligations.

At some point, they are going to have to start retiring heroes. As long as the replacement cast remains strong enough to carry the franchise, everything's fine.

Like, lets say the first teamup heroes all retire after IW. You still have Falcon/Bucky, Wanda, Vision (if he's alive), Antman + Wasp, Doc Strange, Spiderman, Black Panther, The Guardians for at least a while longer... and by then we will have Captain Marvel too.

That's a pretty robust roster, even without introducing new characters we don't already know are coming. More than enough to make a seamless transition.

Bucky. And I would love see an immigrant as Captain America.

Antman and Wasp become Spiderman's new Mentors, since he still needs a chaperone. Pym can build future Spider suits, but he keeps trying to convince Peter to talk to Spiders. TEAM BUG.

Wanda goes and trains with Doctor Strange to get a better handle on her powers.

Captain Marvel and the Guardians fight Skrulls and Kree.

Bucky still crashes on Black Panther's couch, because international criminal history doesn't get erased all because you saved the fucking universe.

It'd be very jarring for the MCU to suddenly have another Stark while other characters stay the same. Bond series isn't a very good comparison, it's not structured in the same way as the MCU. They could do it with Norton Hulk and Rhodey because no one cared much about those characters when the actor switch was made.

I also doubt many people would want it. Normies didn't know Stark before MCU and RDJ, he is synonymous with the character for many.

They could maybe have someone else be Iron Man (No Riri please god), or do something with multiple universes or whatever, but I very much doubt they would ever replace RDJ with a new actor and try to make audiences accept him as 'this' current universe's Tony Stark.

This wasn't even imagery, the Russos said that they just like to show Steve being stronk.

Sam
No one trusts Bucky anymore. He hasn't got the chance to redeem himself.

>Completely missing the point: The Post