Will DC ever make a Robin be gay?

Will DC ever make a Robin be gay?

I thought Dick Grayson and Bruce Wayne was gay to be honest

Damian

user can we ever make you straight?

I thought all the Robins were gay to be honest

No

Wertham ruined everything

No, because they'd never live down the clickbait "Robin Is Gay" headlines that would inevitably follow.

That being said: call me Tumblr trash if you must, but I honestly do believe that pre-New 52 DC was setting Tim up to be at least bi. They walked right up to it, and then blinked. I feel like it's a sort of Rictor/Shatterstar situation - multiple writers sowing seeds and hints over the course of decades, so the groundwork is there at such a time that editorial deems it permissible.

>DC won't acknowledge stuff from the 90s for decades.
>Everyone will forget Tim/Connor no matter how believable it would be.

Possibly, but Marvel is more into buggery than DC.

Bi, they are free for all.

>Damian
They could probably get away with that without any unfortunate implications. They never will though.

Yes.

This. Though honestly I think though Dick will fuck anything.

>implying op isn't a raging fujoshit

Yeah, there were a lot of moments where it seemed like certain writers were trying to sneak it in. It's a shame we'll never actually know if any of it was on purpose.

Delete this

Tim will always read gay to me no matter how vigorously they rub girls on him.

Honestly I thought they were trying that with Kon with that one part in Teen Titans where he and Cassie were talking about him.

>"What about Tim is so fascinating to you?"
>"Well, duh. He's hot. Who isn't attracted to him?"
>"I'm not."
>*Awkward silence*

He's gay for jet skis.

He's gay for a lot of things.

To me that seemed more like a really weird attempt at shutting the shipping down. But that wasn't even necessary because they were noticeably trying to avoid that relationship from the start of New 52.

It's funny because actually letting them get together would virtually guarantee the mythical female audience would actually buy something.

Timkon is a rare situation where if they did make it official, I don't think many people would try to say it hasn't had some form of build up in the last 20 years. When Young Avengers had an almost entirely gay cast, I was surprised DC kept on sticking to just Bunker. I know they aren't as prone to pandering as Marvel is, but you would think in a teen book they would at least try to appeal to teens.

And open masked Batgirl costumes.

Pretty sure Morrison said he was bi or at least heavily alluded it in Multiversity with Chris Kent.

>Damian
>gay

Also when they kissed only because both were missing Kon

Are they? DC seems to have more higher profile gay/bi characters.

He has a book with his boyfriend

Tim Drake is gay.

Tim is gay and has a thing for Superboy, they told that when Superboy died Time went into depression and tried to clone him.

Tim Drake is gay canon It's too obvious .

Since we're talking about Tim being gay I'm just gonna post some catlad stuff.

It's not a confession if everyone already knows.

but DC doesn't market them as much, plus saying 'hey we created like 5 non-straight characters for Batman alone' is less retweetable than 'Batman is now a black transgender lesbian'
outing Tim as bi would be more of the latter but outside of outraged normies most of those that read him post-Johns would say 'no shit'

There are two characters that will absolutely never be gay because of their past history, Batman and Robin.

Even pre-Johns was pretty uncontroversial. Let's not forget this is someone who deduced Batman's identity from Dick's ass.

well Dick's ass is his superpower, you would figure out Superman if Clark Kent used heat vision

> Not Nurse Tim

The true solution is have those two and Wonder Girl become a sexual trinity. DC loves to tease trinity shipping, they should just go all out and have those three be in a committed three way relationship

Why the fuck does Johns make everything so gay? Is he a raging fujoshit?