JUSTICE LEAGUE Plot Leak

The new trailer pretty much confirms it.

An alliance between humans, amazons and atlanteans repels Steppenwolf's invasion in pre-historic times and three Mother Boxes are left behind and split between them.

On present day, Batman and Wonder Woman are recruiting a team of meta-humans to protect Earth from an extraterrestrial threat. The Flash agrees, while Aquaman and Cyborg decline. Cyborg's father, Dr. Silas Stone, is later kidnapped by Parademons and the humans's Mother Box is stolen. Cyborg then joins Batman, Wonder Woman and Flash as they venture into the Parademons's nest on an abandoned tunnel connecting Metropolis and Gotham City.

Meanwhile, Steppenwolf arrives on Earth to retrieve the Mother Boxes, having learned their whereabouts from Lex Luthor's experiments with Kryptonian technology, and steals the atlanteans' Mother Box, prompting Aquaman to join the heroes.

The heroes fail to prevent Steppenwolf from stealing the Amazons' Mother Box and find out Steppenwolf is planning to use the Mother Box to open a portal and bring an army of Parademons to invade Earth, and has kidnapped scientist so they can revive Superman to become his enforcer. The heroes rescue Superman from the Parademons and revive him, but he's overwhelmed by the experience and flees to find Lois Lane, who encourages him to help the others.

The heroes confront Steppenwolf and his army on their own and are nearly defeated before Superman joins the fight. Cyborg realizes he's connected to the Mother Boxes and manages to reverse the portal to send the Parademon army back to Apokolips. The heroes then defeat Steppenwolf and send him back as well. For his failure, Steppenwolf is executed by Darkseid, who vows revenge against Earth. Lex Luthor arranges to be released from Arkham Asylum and also plans revenge. The heroes are embraced by the public and decide to keep fighting together as the Justice League.

Other urls found in this thread:

batman-news.com/2017/05/29/joss-whedon-already-working-justice-league-before-zack-snyder-stepped-away/
comicbook.com/dc/2017/07/22/justice-leagues-cyborg-praises-joss-whedon/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The fact that Apokolips was beaten by ancient Earth is fucking retarded

greek gods, green lanterns (abin sur probably) and the rest of their army

We don't know how powerful Atlanteans are. Plus Amazons might have been stronger in the past what the gods still being alive and all.

The plot makes no sense.
1. Why does Steppenwolf need those specific boxes to open a portal to Apocalypse.
2. Don't all new gods have mother boxes.
3.Why did they wait 30000 years to do this.
4. If earth is somehow shielded from Boom tubes then, how the fuck did Steppenwolf get here.
5. Why does a new god need human scientists to revive Superman. Where the fuck is Desaad.

Mother Boxes are rare and powerful items in the DCEU. And these in particular can open a really big portal.

Steppenwolf decided to come back upon learning from Luthor that the "Age of Heroes" is over.

Because plot convenience.

Is this pre-reshoots?

Don't expect the entire plot and details of a 2 and a half hour movie to be spoiled in a single post you cunt.

I've never witness a bigger raping of New Gods lore. Why couldn't they just get George Miller to direct an insane New Gods movie? He would have been perfect.

Yep. But they're writing around Snyder's action scenes so they can't change much.

MacGuffins gonna MacGuff.

>An alliance between humans, amazons and atlanteans repels Steppenwolf's invasion in pre-historic times and three Mother Boxes are left behind and split between them.
I still don't understand how this makes sense. Sure atlanteans and amazons have superpowers but they still have those, AND humans have guns on top of it.

do you have any actual evidence that they are re-writing anything in this reshoots? No, you dont. In fact all evidence points to the contrary.

batman-news.com/2017/05/29/joss-whedon-already-working-justice-league-before-zack-snyder-stepped-away/

>Snyder hired Whedon to write some of those additional scenes, and then when he realized he couldn’t finish the movie himself, he convinced Whedon to take over the director duties as well.

comicbook.com/dc/2017/07/22/justice-leagues-cyborg-praises-joss-whedon/

During the Q&A session at the end of today’s Justice League panel in Hall H at San Diego Comic Con, Ray Fisher responded to a fan’s question about the reshoots the DC team-up flick had recently undergone.

“They’re brief if anything,” Fisher explained.

“Joss is a great guy and Zack picked a great guy to finish up for him,” said Fisher.
From all accounts, its still Snyder's movie and his plot. The only thing Whedon added was stuff Snyder specifically asked him to.

Old Gods banding together I could let pass, but the idea that Darkseid gets repelled and then decides to take the insult instead of blowing Earth up from orbit just seems odd to me. Unless Steppenwolf led a war band without Darkseid's ok?

>Mother Boxes are rare in the DCEU
Fuck you, and fuck anyone that thought that was a good idea. To hell with this cookie cutter scavenger hunt bullshit comic movies have become

Marvel and pre-nu52 Green Lantern Corps drone here. So... Who tf is Steppenwolf? Is he better than Darkseid?

>plot leak
Yeah... it's bullshit, you just saw the trailers and nothing more.

It's a complete overhaul

avengers 2.0
the color scheme for example is NOTHING like Zack

He's Darkseid's uncle, though I doubt he will be in the movie. He'll probably just be some Apokalips general. No one is better than Darkseid.

> The heroes rescue Superman from the Parademons and revive him, but he's overwhelmed by the experience and flees to find Lois Lane, who encourages him to help the others.

Because apparently SUPERMAN needs convincing that he should help people. Fuck this goddamn version of him so hard.

>Superman is still a beta who needs his lady

I fucking hate this Superman.

Wow, it's like whatever slim amount of hope I still had is now crushed.

>>Superman is still a beta who needs his lady
>I fucking hate this Superman.
He is basically DCEU's Hulk now. Not even Bruce Banner, just the Hulk.

Are you fucking retarded? He just came back to life and broke Darkseid's brainwashing. He could use a friendly face.

>Darkseid's brainwashing.

Thanks for adding that little tidbit, now I hate him more. Also, why should we hold someone who is said to be a beacon for humanity at the same standard? He's shit, plain and simple

>The heroes rescue Superman from the Parademons and revive him, but he's overwhelmed by the experience and flees
How do they get supes so wrong?

No. Hes Darkseid's uncle, and a complete bitch who takes his orders. Hes basically a general

>How do they get supes so wrong?
Snyder

I don't even think they can redeem this Supes. Hes not cheery, fun, or endearing. Its just grim dark bullshit.

I do want them to make Aquaman like the Brave and the Bold. It would work well as comic relief. Because god knows Snyder hates fun. Joss will probably do this with the 25 million dollar reshoots.

I don't get it, do you want him to be perfectly fine after being dead?
Should he be smiling and making quips after barely escaping Darkseid's influence?

Look, we get it guys, you are assblasted and refuse any reasoning where you might stop being so. Very original stance noted.

Some of us are willing to at least after the movie releases to judge scenes we have only sentences about, if they are even legit.

>The heroes rescue Superman from the Parademons and revive him, but he's overwhelmed by the experience and flees to find Lois Lane, who encourages him to help the others.
lmao

>it's a ' dimensional portal opens and aliens attack and somebody stops it' movie

He's known for being killed.
Darkseid got into power by tricking Steppenwolf into killing Highfather's wife, resulting in Highfather killing Steppenwolf. This is the start of the war between New Gensis and Apocalypse that most of the New Gods stories are about.

Steppenwolf is a jobber in that most of his appearances he winds up dead (don't worry, he always seems to gets better later). Why they decided to make the movie about someone who's most famous for being killed almost every time he appears, I'll never know.

t.Snyderfag

>Is he better than Darkseid.

In his Flashback appearances, being Darkseid's uncle and much older then young Darkseid, it's implied that Darkseid isn't strong enough to kill him directly. Hence using Game of Thrones intrigue to get rid of Steppenwolf.

Darkseid is now much older and much more powerful then Steppenwolf ever was. In every appearance other then his original flashback appearances Darkseid is much more powerful then him.

>No Kryptonians.
Remember that line in the trailer? It wasn't referring to Superman. It was referring to the Kryptonians that had crash landed on Earth eons ago. That's why there were no bodies on the ship.

I believe all of this O random poster. I mean when has anything on the internet been untrue, right? So i'll just take your word for it and assume you're not pulling this out of your ass because internet.

Carry on!

>I've never witness a bigger raping of New Gods lore.
BOO HOOO

>Thanks for adding that little tidbit, now I hate him more. Also, why should we hold someone who is said to be a beacon for humanity at the same standard? He's shit, plain and simple

He's fucking Superman. He shouldn't be having a crisis while trouble is brewing. He can settle that afterwards.

Batman can extend his arm to Supes in friendship and Supes after a bit of pause accepts it, and they go kick some ass.

>Comparing a well established Superman, with 45+ episodes of development to cardboard cutout who is undefined after 2 films.

Try again.

>Fucking up Superman even more

Hopefully the DCEU crashes and burns.

Supergirl, probably.

I mean I guess? But then that proves Steppenwolf killed multiple kryptonians before

it's cliffnotes of the plot, not a detailed synopsis

There is a huge gap between quipping and running. Superman wouldn't flee a threat to ghost dick his Mrs

>I've never witness a bigger raping of New Gods lore
Origin?

>3.Why did they wait 30000 years to do this.

I think I can answer this one at least. He probably learned from Luthor that all the forces that beat him back the first time no longer exist or are in hiding.

>An alliance between humans, amazons and atlanteans repels Steppenwolf's invasion in pre-historic times and three Mother Boxes are left behind and split between them.
I already fucking hate this movie.

Fucking Snyder turning Darkseid and the New Gods into little bitches and turning New God cell phones into Infinity Stones.

He's going through the same fucking character arc in each film over and over, it's like the ASM movies and IM2 and people rightly shit on those films.

But heaven the fuck forbid we insult le kino man.

No amount of explanation is going to make Mother Boxes as MacGuffins into a good idea.

People are tired of the Infinity Stones and those at least have a reason to be plot objects. Mother Boxes are glorified teleporters.

>Should he be smiling and making quips after barely escaping Darkseid's influence?

Maybe after 7.5 hours with this character we could have him actually be happy about something other then Amy Adams quality pussy.

You can't use the "what do you expect, him to happy?" excuse anymore, we've had enough runtime with the character at this point to expect him to have some recognisable character traits of Superman. Extending his arc over this much time is plain bad writing.

>I've never witness a bigger raping of New Gods lore

New 52 JL Origin is much worse since Darkseid leads his army without sending anything but Parademons

>Steppenwolf is planning to use the Mother Box to open a portal and bring an army of Parademons to invade Earth
So literally the fucking first Avengers movie?
>he's overwhelmed by the experience and flees to find Lois Lane, who encourages him to help the others.
Fuck you Zack Snyder.

But in this Darkseid has already been defeated by non superheroes and just sends his uncle to invade again.

So basically:
>cosmic villains have attention attracted by alien object on Earth
>heroes reluctantly recruited into team to prevent future invasions from previous films
>city invasion happens of faceless flying aliens led by a pseudo-medieval enforcer
>fight hinges upon the man with superhuman strength coming back and helping
>fight ends with the invaders getting portaled out of the city into their own world
>heroes realize they must unite and movie ends in friendly tone
>after-credits: big bad only comic fans know of makes a menacing action

Wait a minute...

>So literally the fucking first Avengers movie?
To be fair, nobody remembers the plots of the Marvel movies.

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, THE COLOR PALETTE AND TERRIBLE ACTING MAKES IT KINO

KINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

There are rumors that a Green Lantern helps and an army of Amazons and Atlanteans wouldn't be pushovers anyway

You people should be ashamed to be this gullible

Exactly. OP basically took the first Avengers movie change the names made it into DC. It was that easy because people here are fucking retarded and will believe anything without a shred of proof.

Holy shit this makes me sad.

To be fair it does sound plausible from what we saw in the trailer and OP didn't create these "leaks"

That's not how you spell The Avengers user.

>Whedon literally does the Avengers again

>implying the "Motherboxes as MacGuffins" and "Amazonians fought Darkseid" leaks don't seem to be confirmed by the footage we got

This shit got leaked months before that was even a thing.

Oh so what you're saying is he basically looked at random trailer clips and made up his own storyline. Well that's a lot better than just pulling shit out of your ass and having gullible dumbfucks believe it without anything to back it up! Whew!

These leaks predate the trailers by some time. The scenes with human kings burying a motherbox and ancient amazonians fighting Darkseids forces confirm this as the story imo.

kys

>Oh so what you're saying is he basically looked at random trailer clips and made up his own storyline
Leaks came out a long time before any trailers user.

>Oh so what you're saying is he basically looked at random trailer clips and made up his own storyline

No because these apparent leaks have been around for awhile now

So they blew their Doomsday load early and brought in a literally who that no summer movie casual will recognize to bat cleanup.
This should go well.

Yeah it makes me sad that people are so fucking stupid. But this is the internet i shouldn't be surprised.

Hey remember how Wonder Woman was a complete mess? Man that turned out exactly as the insider said right?

Speaking of leaks, that entire rooftop joke with Flash/Gordon was leaked practically a year ago and it turned out to be true. OPs leaks werent far off from those so its looking to be valid sadly. Way to take the piss out of the main threat by having ancient civilizations being able to take down THE NEW GODS OF ALL PEOPLE

Beat for beat exactly what I expected
And I'm totally ok with that

Sure, this new leak is totally confirmed by the trailer guys, it's totally not something dreamed up after seeing the trailer, no sir.

Leaks for the Trailer, not leaks for the fucking movie dumbasses. You people have the memories of fucking goldfish

lol you are incoherent.

>implying that third act wasn't obviously reshot to be more Snyder-ized

I still don't know why they didn't use Mongul.

Of course not this person is clearly an "insider with vast knowledge of the movie! Clearly!

It wasnt leaked. They showed it on purpose to reporters.

Wrong leaks numbnuts. We had leaks circling here about the main plot months ago and guess what? They're lining up. Not sure what changed but a good bit of it remained

God you people are retarded. No critical thinking abilities whatsoever.

>Superman goes emo instead of going berserk and actually fighting the JL

Is that a Whedon change? Because the leak I read a long time ago had the second thing happen.
Say what you will, better him go MUH LOIS than have yet another film where Superman is the villain.

> than have yet another film where Superman is the villain.
>yet another

Superman 3 was a long time ago, user and i think he was like an evil clone or something

I don't think the original leak had Superman going all enraged, rather, Cyborg detected he was still alive and they brought him back into the fold.

These are the same fucking leals from when the first trailer came out.
Ill believe them if they start getting specific which they wont til the movie gets released and suddenly it 'i got them leaks' threads everywhere.

I'm glad that Clark's main characteristic in the DCEU is "existential crisis," really makes the movies entertaining to watch and totally doesn't feel like a childish grasp for profundity in lieu of actually making him a character.

The Crow has less self-doubt about himself then this version of Superman, it's absurd.

Perry White is more like Superman than Superman.

Or that it took multiple New Gods to handle just a handful of them, meaning a single Kryptonian who was raised on Earth, grew up with his powers and is vastly more accustomed to them, and (lest you forget) has the genetic potential of all of Krpyton embedded in his cells, is very plausible at being able to handle many New Gods on his own.

>Perry White

Remember when the sum total of Perry's screen time in BvS was him bitching at Clark because Snyder hates the idea of Clark Kent and his perfect Objectivist hero having to interact with the "normies."

I really think Snyder would remove Clark Kent if he could get away with it. He clearly has no interest in exploring the human side of Superman, his only interest is as a god figure to staple bunch of themes and symbolism onto.

Did you disregard him still investigatng the Bat vigilante even after veing told no.
And Perry only bitched once.

It seems more like a WB thing as they cut the clark scenes they didnt think were important.

OP's post said nothing about Darkseid, just Steppenwolf. There's no reason to think he was personally involved. Maybe doing it with no other New Gods was some kind of test he failed. There could be a dozen completely plausible explanations.

Theres no evidence at this time that supports other New Gods from Apokolips were part of the first invasion. Oddly enough, it seems Steppenwolf is the only one leading the charge, and for some reason needs 3 specific Mother Boxes to attempt a second. Maybe Steppenwolf thought Earth had the Anti Life Equation and sought to overthrow Darkseid? It would explain why Earth has remained alive this long, it wasnt the full legions of Darkseid and Steppenwolf was secretly trying to gain leverage over his nephew.

>It seems more like a WB thing as they cut the clark scenes they didnt think were important.

Because they weren't, the extra scenes in the full cut didn't add anything beyond basic plot clarification. If those scenes can be removed that easily from the movie they probably didn't need to be there in the first place.

This was such a lame fight.
Not that that means much, they all were.

This synoposis was leaked over a year ago and with every piece of new footage it's been further and further confirmed. It's kinda sad.

Yeah, they really phoned it in on this one.

I felt it added more to show Clark is the fighter for the little guy outside his suit.

It makes sense tho, that's how Superman fucked up Thor too, and the Anti-monitor.

This is Superman vs Professor Hulk, right? Isn't Professor Hulk the weakest there is?

Still lame fight