Think about it

Think about it...
>Has no powers
>Has to rely on his own skills
>Isn't overpowered
>Can actually be defeated

Oh op. Here's a (you) for making me laugh.

>Is a Billionaire
>Is a Martial Arts Master
>Is incredibly Good Looking
>Has a Genuis Level Intellect
>Has 20 Girlfriends a Week

I mean, I can relate because I too am all these things, but what about the average user?

>I can relate because I too am all these things

>Has no powers
Lol. He'd be fucking dead if he was "a normal human just like me XDDDD", someone post that pic of Diana slamming Snyder Batman into the fucking pavement.
>Has to rely on his own skills
He hasn't done this for a while. Now he just builds a new super suit.
>Isn't overpowered
This has become meaningless. Characters are only as strong or weak as the opponents the writer sets against them.
>Can actually be defeated
Fucking retard, do you have any idea how many times Flash, GL, Supes, etc have died? You know how many times Batman has? Zero. Zilch.

He's also a fucking billionare who fucks supermodels, lives in a mansion with a butler, and is the bestest ever at whatever thing he wants to be. He is pure power fantasy.

How many people can relate to an alien with god like powers? Or a literal Amazon? Or a space cop with a ring that makes constructs? Or a super speedster that can fuck up time from running too fast? Or a Atlantean king that talks to fish?

Haha same XD. I can relate to Batman because I wish my parents were dead too so I could go be a ninja lol.

somehow is a master of several martial arts. while also educated to the point of several PHDs and the best detective.

depending on continuity, he also knows a little magic.

can still be CEO/President of Wayne Enterprises and be a playboy bachelor.

I remember when I was this stupid.

Then I read JLA.

>reading Grant Morrison
>ever
He's the last guy to be making relatable characters.

How many people can relate to a ninja billionare who fights a homosexual clown and has sex with Osama Bin Laden's daughter?

Conversely how many people can relate to a farm boy out of his depth? An orphan trying to find justice? A cop trying to redeem himself? An idealist who struggles with spreading peace? A king who struggles with ruling?

Nigga, are you implying his Animal Man wasn't the most relatable character arc to ever be put in a comic book?

Or is it because you could never have a family?

There's nothing relatable about Animal Man. It's literally just
>Hurr 2deep4u meta commentary durr

>How many people can relate to an alien with god like powers?

Clark is a regular guy from Kansas with friends, a loving family, a wife, a regular day job, and regular interests when he's not saving the world. He goes through normal emotional problems like not knowing the right thing to do with his powers despite really wanting to help people and not knowing how to define himself as he is himself an immigrant adopted by parents of other world. He can just fly, move really fast, and lift really heavy things.

>incredibly good looking
>20 girlfriends a week

Which Batman are you talking about?

>Conversely how many people can relate to a farm boy out of his depth? An orphan trying to find justice? A cop trying to redeem himself? An idealist who struggles with spreading peace? A king who struggles with ruling?
The JL are none of these things.

I think it's the characterization that makes a superhero relatable.Suerman, Flash and Green Lantern are probably the most relatable Justice Leaguers, because they're just average everyday guys with normal upbringings that happen to have superpowers. Wonder Woman and Aquaman were raised in drastically different cultures than you or I, so they're a bit harder to relate to. They're characterized as monarchs and demi-gods with deep ties to mythology. The struggles of responsiblity they both experience however, are very relatable. Batman is relatable in the sense that he's angry and hurting from loss, something everyone has experienced, but he's hard to relate to in the sense that he's in this grim, focused, angry and hurt mode 24/7. He can't turn it off and
be a normal person. In that sense, he's probably the least relatable Leaguer unless you're also an autistic, constantly hurting, self-hating, shut-in who....wait, I think I get it now.

Almost all of them? At the very least, all versions of Bruce are conventionally handsome

I relate more to Spider-Man to be honest, well him when he's not written by Slott
>Orphan raised by his aunt Faye
>generally poor
>wasn't very popular in highschool
>makes really really bad jokes
>has the worst luck
>has had his best friend as his worst enemy at one point

I can relate to Nightwing because my parents were circus acrobats.

>How many people can relate to an alien with god like powers
Clark Kent is the one to relate too, Superman is the vehicle for escapism.

>Can't be himself around people
>Has to compete with literally Superman for Lois Lane
>Works in a pretty shitty workplace where his boss rides him and his coworkers openly mock him
>Mumbles and stumbles his way through the day

But then, he gets to just rip his shirt off and jump off a roof, who the fuck doesn't want to do that some days? Only difference is you and I would hit the pavement and he goes on sweet adventures.

Aquaman was raised on the surface, but for the most part your point stands as he developed powers early on which put him on an unrelatable path.

Actually for as long as I've been reading Spidey, when written properly, Spidey's actually come off as pretty funny with a good sense of humor. Recently writers seem to be making him annoyingly unfunny for some reason.

I related to spidey to (as a teen). But now I'm approaching 30 I relate to all things Superman and Peter Parker seems worlds away.