I know minus is not the most straightforward comic out there but what this is supposed to mean?

I know minus is not the most straightforward comic out there but what this is supposed to mean?

Also minus thread I guess

Other urls found in this thread:

kiwisbybeat.16mb.com/Kiwis/minusb1.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's like the start of the end of the world, right?

A bit before it all goes down

But like, it's because he mentally damaged her, leading to her death, right?

Did...did he just expose Minus to some sorta powdered drug in that briefcase?

What5ever happened, it stole Minus' youthful innocence and sanity.

thank god this was archived, my Minus folder got deleted

He mentally damaged her, going all wacky. Her friend gets worried and some other girl says "well you should hit her head with a rock. Hit her hard. That's how it goes on TV to make people sane again!"
She does and minus gets turned into tons of glass shards. Becomes a ghost. Then some stuff happens that makes her resurrect everyone which causes everyone to die except Larry.

my only regret was never being able to get the book before it sold out

Did we ever figure out what happened to the author himself? Is he dead? Is he alive? Did minus take him from our world?

It's a mystery

Its not a fair one though.

Okay I don't remember that being the case at all. Minus had done some morally questionable things(and some outright monstrous things), and after the briefcase guy tampered with her she stopped wishing everyone into the cornfield. At least that's how I remember it.

And there was a book? And it's sold out? Fuuuuuuck!

It's less about minus being mean and more her not thinking her actions would cause the end of the world for overpopulation.

If you want to check it yourself you got the archives
kiwisbybeat.16mb.com/Kiwis/minusb1.html

Her death is on the strip 108

Minus is briefly (and harmlessly) accosted by another reality warper. After she comes to her senses, she happily realizes that there's someone else like her.

an interesting way to look at it but its not all that strange when you remember that minus herself doesn't follow the ideology of black and white morality but rather blue and orange morality with a hint of gray.

>but its not all that

*but it's not all that

I know this isn't the topic, but any excuse to post my favorite strip is appreciated.

>FLCL.jpg

what anime is this

All I know is that the girl with the ugly hair murders people for petty slights and I'm not sure if its supposed to be taken as a bad quality or that the artist is a retard.

Neither really, it's kind of like pic related

It's a metaphor for child abduction and sexual abuse. I'm not kidding. She was drawing a straight line in the beginning, and at the end she draws curly lines that are all mixed up.

See, this is why Sup Forums doesn't get it. The comic is about childlike being holding godlike powers and all the consequences that would mean for the world, but autists get hung up on whether or not the artist is trying to tell you to like her or not.

does anyone know exactly how many creatures have ever lived on earth?

>if its supposed to be taken

*if it's supposed to be taken

This guy gets it children hardly have a good system of right and wrong at their young age and don't get why somethings are ok and other not so much and when you have a godlike child running around do what she wants when she wants well how does the world react to that?

This. Small children don't have their moral compasa well set yet and having godlike powers surely won't help you with that.

I know the JJ netflix show was shit but it's a similar thing with Kilgrave. He could do mind control since pretty much forever and never really grew beyond being a selfish manchild. Luckily minus found a girl who didn't think she was a horrible freak and so she had a bit more of good influence on her.

That was my first thought too since it seems the most obvious meaning. I guess I really wanted to think it was anything else because of how uncomfortable it makes me feel.

>compasa

I'm phoneposting and my fingers are fat please understandf

As with the short story and Twilight Zone episode that possibly inspired this comic, I don't think minus is supposed to be a vehicle for social commentary or moral didacticism or anything like that. I would say minus is using fantasy to exhibit the whimsical and imaginative side of children's personalities for comedic purposes, as opposed to their aggressive and vindictive streaks, even though both have an unsettling and slightly disturbing effect on the audience.

Something like 100 billion people have ever lived but creatures? I don't think we even know how many creatures are alive today.

What did she mean by this?

>does anyone know exactly how many creatures have ever lived on earth?
All of them.

True. The comic is much more about childlike wonder than her acting on spite. Which is arguably MORE disturbing, because this seemingly innocent mindset spawned these horrors.

My take on it is she convinced her into asking minus to change her back into a child, or maybe even forget all the things that happened so she could continue her life as a true child.

But we never see her as a child again. We see the other red haired girl

Maybe she's the short haired girls own grandmother

Isn't she the other red-haired girl? I honestly don't remember.

She is the other red haired girl though

Another interesting thing is how through either sheer luck or ignorance by the artist, but everything she does seems to fall right along the line of emotional morality. Minus has managed to fuck over people she hates in the most spectacular fashion (the grandma arc), and the artist is subtly or sometimes obviously soapboxing his liberal values during the length of the comic.

If a character fails the litmus test of being sexualized with every fetish imaginable by Sup Forums, it's safe to say she's most likely immune from rape.
It's kind of weird though, how smiley minus lasted for only 5 strips before turning back to normal. What made her stop being crazy?

I always figured Minus created another one of her to live in the present, while the old one returns to the past.

>and the artist is subtly or sometimes obviously soapboxing his liberal values during the length of the comic.
sigh, really, this again

Dare I ask? Actually I'm sure I'm going to hate myself for doing so.

I'm just really tired of people with brain damage insisting everything they are exposed to must be on one side or another of a dichotomy inside their own heads senpai.

What happened to minus and friends in the last strip? Are spirits able to reproduce and grow old like mortal humans? Or are they stuck in the mental state they always had, which would contradict the alien and legs statements by the kids and the tour guide? If they really did age, do you think minus was able to retain her innocence into adulthood?

That much is a given.
I meant specifically what was interpreted as liberal soapboxing. It sounded like user had done this in a thread before.

Nice argument man

>sigh, really, this again
A typical dismissal tactic user, I've never seen this comic until yesterday betore.

But I'm not gonna talk politics and derail the thread now, and I hope you'd be able too.

I saw it as minus bringing the long hair back to the present, but with a catch that she's aged into an old lady, and the last panel was a memory she experienced when short hair was hugging her.

Except for how she took her revenge on minus by throwing her adventure rock back at her, and how she got a new nerd friend to replace her

Ryan come back we miss you