youtube.com/watch?v=rXDZ65wTa5w
youtube.com/watch?v=xGb6lP4FVeg
youtube.com/watch?v=SGL_WSs1Pvc
youtu.be/dL1MNYjXpCA?t=1m47s
youtu.be/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Worse.

t. Nostalgia Critic

Shitty animation, incoherent plot, lousy soundtrack, fails to do source material justice.

Yeah it is.

>everyone who hates on something is an eceleb

>Advertises itself as a great adventure
>Spends 2/3 of the film in a circus

Yes. The soundtrack was kickass, though.
youtube.com/watch?v=rXDZ65wTa5w

Felix with the magic bag was always bad.

Zill>Oriana

Compared to, say, The Elm-Chanted Forest, no. Compared to pretty much anything else, yes. Yes, it was.

I was just thinking of this earlier today.

Is it just me, or did it seem like somebody had really wanted to make some other kind of alternate dimension fantasy/sci fi story, but couldn't get the funding, and so just inserted Felix into their dream project when allowed to do a movie as long as it was a Felix movie?

Because, I can't think of any other reason a Felix the Cat movie would end up coming out like THIS.

Anybody know the real story here?

Het

youtube.com/watch?v=xGb6lP4FVeg

Apparently the idea was that the film was going to be a pilot for a new Felix television show; what seemed to have actually happened is that they just crammed random story elements from a bunch of different episodes with the result not making any sense.

I liked it as a kid. I don't remember why. I may not have even actually liked it. But I remember watching it more than once on purpose, so...

Fucking bizarre movie. Who took the idea of making a Felix the Cat movie and making it a multiversal sci-fi adventure that seems vaguely like a dreamcast-era sonic game.

Why did they even need the whole parallel universe thing? Why couldn't it be set in Felix's already weird universe?

Other then the Felix the Cat movie when I was small, I've never seen a single Felix the Cat cartoon. Strange, since he was the first Cartoon superstar. Heck, I've seen more Koko the clown cartoons then Felix.

youtube.com/watch?v=SGL_WSs1Pvc

Same.

Though I think I was impressed by the shading or something. I couldn't put my finger on it at the time, but I was always thought animated films looked so much better than their tv show counterparts. I later figured out that it was probably the lighting. Maybe the backgrounds too. I think I felt the same way about the Jetsons movie, the Rugrats movie, and the Wild Thornberries movie.

I used to visit an arcade with some old antique nickelodeon machines, and one of them had a Felix cartoon. I think that was my main exposure to Felix other than the movie. Last couple of times I checked that arcade, that particular nickelodeon was broken. I really wish I could fine that particular cartoon again.

I don't even remebmer that

It was a pretty big plot point.

Does anyone in this thread actually REMEMBER how this movie ends?

The big bad threatens Felix and crew with a gigantic Mega Version of the weird cylinder machines that are henchmen throughout the film. Felix responds by throwing a book at the fucking thing, causing it to spasm the fuck out.

This, apparently, was connected to all the other henchmen who then explode one by one. Fucking Mysterio's knockoff retarded brother starts REEEEEing as the big lumbering fuckbot falls on him.

Here's where things get good. Retardio falls down the stairs, yelling the entire time. The Iron Giant melts. THEN FOR SOME FUCKING REASON it cuts to a shot of the main villain in a bright, sky-filled background shot with him saying, "I'll be back" covered in glitter before fading away.

This happens all in the span of about 10 seconds.

youtu.be/dL1MNYjXpCA?t=1m47s

Oh good God.

>youtu.be/

I'd like to blame the Japanese for this. I don't know if I can but I want to.

HET

> somebody had really wanted to make some other kind of alternate dimension fantasy/sci fi story

Sounds familiar

this song was catchy as fuck

>More like
>I just watched Nostalgia Critic "review" this
>Let's discuss

>literally Mysterio

This must've been during that period that Spider-Man's villains were fighting other heroes.

I think it was the hungarians or something that were responsible.