Were the 90s the worst decade for comics?

Were the 90s the worst decade for comics?

It's shits all over this decade even on an empty stomach.

if you only focus on the super mainstream stuff, the success of those major titles like X Force and Spawn meant a ton of indie and "lesser" DC/Marvel comics were able to be made

This one is pretty bad.

literately the best time in comics ever
only faggots disagree

I'd Argue the Silver Age was much worse.
The 90s were a pretty great time for comics.

There was a very ugly aesthetic on some books that tended to be popular, but overall no it wasn't that bad.

>Crowhunter
I guess I'm teaming up with Moonman.

No, the worst decade for comics was the 2010s when Sup Forums took over

It was the last time comics were ever taken seriously.
After that, comics were relegated to kiddie shit. After so many years of progress.

>Pocketforce

Beware of my of pockets...OF FORCE!

>Icewave
Not too bad, actually.

Fpbp

It was just fine for mainstream as well.

We've reached the point in time where we can view the 90s with rose tinted glasses.

>Gunblade
this is why Liefeld gets the big bucks

And yet, the new Youngblood is better than any YB title released in the 90s.

>My narrative is threatened. Everyone has to agree!

crowblade?

>Someone disagreed with me! Time to grasp at straws!

I think current Marvel is much worst than 90's Marvel

What the fuck are you on about?

>>Ice Hunter

disagreement and invalidation aren't the same. 'Rose colored glasses' comments brand anyone who makes them as unworthy of serious consideration. They've already had the entire discussion by themselves, after all.

Atleast 90s marvel had editors

Pocketrun? What kind of name is that?

90s Marvel had interesting characters like Sleepwalker, Darkhawk, and Slapstick which were sadly overshadowed by the very 90s edge they created.

2010s Marvel has what? Gweenpool?

Either way, both eras had their share of shit events.

>They've already had the entire discussion by themselves, after all.
This is a public forum you autist.

At even if the edgy books are prevalent, there was at least variety of smaller books.

Not that guy, but do you spend all your time doing deep analysis of snarky comments on a Chinese cartoon board?

Do you?

>Decade X shits all over Decade Y
>not indicative of rose tinted glasses

No. The expanding market and weakening comics code allowed for an explosion in new and diferent titles.

It really doesn't mattter how many pieces of shit get produced ,as you can always ignore bad comics.

>unrelated greentexts
>we could bait each other all night, but I'm gonna go read Spider-Man, instead.

>as you can always ignore bad comics.
Tell that to Valiant Comics.

>unrelated text
It was literally the first post nigga.

2010s are worse and it's not even close.

To be fair, there hasn't been a comics crash yet so there's that.

And the best one, as has been pointed out.

Yet.

I don't know if you know this user but just because someone posts FPBP, doesn't make it true.

>Bladelock

...i guess so

Bloodhawk

Noice. What are my abilities?

The art wasn't really what made it bad. X-Force was a cool concept and it made sense that the New Mutants would eventually grow up. Todd McFarlane made Venom one of the greatest Spider-Man villains of all time, Claremont/Lee X-Men was probably X-Men at it's peak.

The problem was with bad editors and bad business decisions. Shitty editors were giving artists (who were undoubtedly good) too much leeway with time because they figured the art was selling the book not the stories. Writers had to make terrible scripts to meet deadlines because they received art so late or it was too late to be changed to fit the plots. Claremont left X-Men because he disagreed with Lee on how the plots should be. Then all these big ego artists left because Marvel made them to be gods left and there was a huge talent vacuum and Marvel tubed quickly. Then you got terrible stuff like Image doing Marvel with the Heroes Reborn event and tons of edgy garbage like X-Cutioner's Song, Onslaught, Avenger's The Crossing, Thunderstrike, and Clone Saga.

Shatterforce

Hawkman but edgier?
Most Image/Dark Age creations weren't very creative.

>BlastClaw

So I'm like a projectile Wolverine?

(You)

>disliking the silver age over the golden age which is just stuff for 6 year olds

silver age gave us modern marvel, golden age was just awful awful garbage

I swear there was someone from 90s Image with that power set.

Take an average quality book from mainline DC from the 90's and compare it to the average now and tell me it's rose tinted glasses.

It's better than fucking Boco I can tell you that

The worst thing in X-Force is definitely the scripting.
We also got infinity Gauntlet, DC one Million and AoA which are all pretty cool, imo.

Chump question; everyone knows that DC peaked in the 80s.

>Death of Superman
>Supersons

Well that's a no brainer.
In all fairness, I loved the Superboy run from the 90s.

>Bladerun

Am I a Replicant?

Supersons is trivial bullshit that many people consider to be the cream of the current crop. Death and Reign are way better, despite being much closer to the true average of the time period.

I've only read the stuff in the One million omni and I loved it. Oh, I guess, I also read some stuff where he interacted with a shitass version of LOSH, which I didn't like at all.

>90s comic name
>none of these words are diliberatly misspelled
Nyghtrun btw

>What is Hitman
>What is Sandman
>What is Ennis' Hellblazer
>What is Morrison JLA
>What is DC One Million
>What is Robinson Starman
>What is Infinity Gauntlet
>What is Young Justice
>What is David Aquaman
>What is Deadpool
>What is Enigma
>What is The Invisibles
>What is Flex Mentallo
>What is Preacher
>What is Shade the Changing Man
>What is Transmetropolitan
>What is Stormwatch
>What is WildCATs
>What is SCUD
>What is Hellboy
>What is Martha Washington
>What is Sin City
>What is Madman
>What is X Factor
>What is Priest's Black Panther
>What is Flash (Messener Loebs, Morrison/Millar, Waid)
>What is Static
I'd like to see this decade stack up. I'm sure I've forgotten some too

>Blood Shot

Alright whats my bio and powers?

>Crowstrike

i can work with that.

>Bladesteel
Honestly surprised this wasn't a '90s character.

sales are far lower now than they were during the crash

that's how bad it is

So Batman by Doug Monech and Kelley Jones vs Batman by Tom King and Finch/Janin

No contest 90's wins.

I named my first Dungeons and Dragons character that.

Not even close to true, even if we give 42% more dollars to the 2000 stat, it still isn't half as much

Let's not forget we also have several Batman titles running in the 90s so if I don't like Moench then I can read Legends of the Dark Knight where I get a new story every two months or so.

So how exactly does this work?
Including things like manga?

Diamond sales

>crow-razor
Nice, I even got a picture to go along with it.

>blackclaw
Nice and edgy

Here's floppy sales per June of 2000 vs 2017

No wonder Marvel loves renumbering

Were the Thunderbolts really not even in the top 40 back then? I would've thought they were a little higher up.

Pocket Doom is here to fuck your shit up.

>Crowhawk

Yea I went June to June just out of posterity but i bet I could find a more congrous month.
However the thing that says something to me is the number of 50k plus currently
There is a legitimate 50k people who go to the store and read every month, which is cool. An actual baseline fanbase has been built

>Cable-Shade

Fuck every single time, EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME I try one of these things I always get the most mismatched pairings that make no sense.

So pretty much exactly the same except Marvel didn't have to rely on #1's?

Crowrazor

lol someone with the initials N.F. is Bladeblade

The Big 2 was mostly garbage but a ton of Indie groups got in on the game which lead to a positive change in the industry as a whole.

>BloodStroke

Think I'd be cancelled before the 90s was even over.

Pocketstroke.

Okay.jpg

>Blackshard

I sound like a shitty Forgotten Realms NPC.

The 90's laid the groundwork for other writers to pick up the pieces. Carnage started off pretty boring, but lately he's gotten some good stuff (Axis, for example). Deadpool and Cable were boring Liefeld junk until later writers salvaged and made them better. Also, the 90's had some good concepts, like ending Peter Parker's story and putting someone else in the row to start a new one, or an Anti-Hero Batman just to prove why Batman works with the law.

These days, however, comics are just boring. The most recent event to be adapted into a superhero movie was from 2007. Modern material just doesn't have the staying power because it's all run by trends. The new Marvel replacements are the rough equivalent of guys like Thunderstrike and Scarlet Spider, but those guys at least were designed to refresh the character, as opposed to the new bozos which are just about SJW virtue signalling.

Besides, at their worst, 90's comics are laughably bad, while modern comics are just cringey.

Yes, because you were born in them

Thunderstrike is the most underrated Marvel series ever

Why do all these people who never even cared about comics before the Teen Titans animated series think the 90s were the worst decade of them? How did this meme get started?

This!

>What is Flex Mentallo
>What is Shade the Changing Man
>What is Transmetropolitan
>What is Martha Washington
Mon negro

>RED HOT FOIL STAMPED RED HOT RED HOT
>maximum clonage
Plenty of individual works were great, it was only when the big two made obvious reaches for hype to cash in on that things got bad. Mostly it was Marvel's fault, as usual. Jews need the oven.

Pocketwhip here

Beware my special snowflake pockets capable of release an infinite amount of whips infused with '90s edge

2010s Marvel could've had the GOAT Miss Marvel, shame that Marvel couldn't stop themselves from running Kamala into the SJW hell.

It had the best Flash run so that alone makes it better than now.

And there won't be since Marvel can hide behind Mickey's fat wallet.

Between this and today's bullshit, makes me wonder if Marvel's responsible for all the damage done to the comics industry.

Nightclaw, let's go