Post Mary Sues

Post Mary Sues

Other urls found in this thread:

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Mary Sue
syfy.com/syfywire/star-trek-discovery-lead-is-actually-spocks-adopted-sister
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Leonard Nimoy, a dead old man, is still making the clits of teenage girls rock hard
God bless that man.

Real mary-sue or the "OP character that i don't like" mary-sue?

That's literally a Mary Sue.

Would Mabel count? I mean, I know Sup Forums's hatred of her is far from news, but I thought about it for a bit and I'm not quite sure whether or not she'd count as one.

You mean mocking the original Mary Sue right?

Ironically the best Mary sue ever written.

I hated how she became a generic red shirt in the end

I don't think Mabel herself is, but it's ridiculous the writers go as far as having Mabel's friends basically whiteknight her and beat the shit out of a fucking unicorn for tricking her.

Mabel could've learned an actual lesson about trying to be good just for the title of "I'm the best good person" and it could've been a personal victory. Instead, just beat up the unicorns cuz they wuz mean to Mabel.

Not, she had plenty of flaws, she was just really annoying.

The Spictacular Spider-Man.

What's the difference, I genuinely don't know.

>Purple hair when Saiyan hair is black, even halfbreeds
>Super Saiyan when Goku is the one for this 1000 years
>Kills Freeza in 1 episode when it took Goku 40
>Kills Freeza's even stronger father in five minutes
>Kid from the future who derails Bulma x Yamcha pairing to start crackship with Vegeta x Bulma (for references sake, this is like MJ hitting it on with Venom)
>Sets up story arc that's a ripoff of The Terminator (Cell Arc starts the same year Terminator 2 was released)
>Dies, and through that death redeems his evil father to the side of the ages
>Sword, despite having no reason to need one
Search your feelings, Sup Forums.

this.

Mary Sue is a misogynistic term used only by trolls and the alt right, shitlord. Even Urban Dictionary knows this.
urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Mary Sue

>MJ hitting it on with Venom
New story where Eddie cucks little puny parker when?

Don't give them any ideas.

But it's a good idea. Not as good as Eddie somehow stealing aunt May from him. Still good.

>it's a good idea
>when I'm an MJ x Peter fan

I am sorry for your shit taste I guess.

Quesada, if you're reading this, the new guy is so much worse than you. Congratulations, you've found the one hack who being compared to you doesn't make look better. You should feel proud.

Dats some bad bait.

Post-Modernism was a mistake.

>Purple hair when Saiyan hair is black, even halfbreeds
>Goku and Chichi have black hair
>Gohan and Goten do as well
>Videl and Gohan have black hair
>So does Pan
>Vegeta has black hair, but Bulma does not
>Trunks and Bra do not have black hair
Are you retarded?

>the sue is instantly likes by all other character
Right off the bat, the girl is pissing Spock off like no tomorrow. Irritating, but not a Mary Sue.

Edgy/10
Spicy memes

>mary sue
>loses
>loses again
>wins
>also Freiza's dad was actually weaker, since he was only in form 2, if he had been in form 4 he likely would have been stronger but that point is moot
>loses
>loses
>loses
>dies
>wins
>loses against anything stronger than mooks from then on

How the hell is he a Mary Sue, dude gets his ass beat almost as much as Krillin. And if we're talking Present Trunks and not Future Trunks, Present Trunks DOES get his ass beat more than Krillin.

>Hair
Gohan and Goten have black hair cause chi-chi does. Being a half breed has nothing to do with it.
>1000 years
Was a legend Vegeta was aware of. Being a hybrid does factor into this one, as it's stated they have unhappy high power levels.
>Kills Freezer
Again, naturally strong. Gohan will grow up to be stronger than Trunks. Not exclusive to him.
>Freiza dad
They never established Cold's strength, did they?
>Yamcha and Bulma
Didn't get a lot of attention in the DBZ series to begin with. The signs of her and Vegeta start before Trunks' appearance.
>The Terminator
You can have this one.
>Redemption
Majin Vegeta is a thing.
>Sword
I agree the sword is pointless. Yadjirobe had a sword though, so it's not totally unique.

I don't even care about Trunks but your reasoning here falls flat.

Gonna have to wait till Star Trek Discovery actually airs. But highly relevant.

>Gohan and Goten have black hair cause chi-chi does
Bardock has black hair. Vegeta has black hair. Bardock's squad has black hair. Nappa used to have black hair. Even Gine and the Saiyans from Super have black hair. Vegeta says Saiyan hair is supposed to be black, and since the only half-breed in the series up to that point was Gohan, he's the point of reference from when he was introduced.
>But King Vegeta...
Toriyama designed his head, that's all. The colors came from Toei, aka the guys who gave Vegeta red hair. Not lettin' you have that one.
>Was a legend Vegeta was aware of.
You get that Watsonian shit outta here. You're just coming up with excuses. Doyalist narrative theory suggests Trunks should not be able to become a Super Saiyan. Toriyama doesn't even have the laziness excuse since the black and white pages of the manga don't ink his hair, which was the reason Super Saiyans were invented. Really, giving Vegeta the transformation was the only fix for this problem. (While opening up another, but that's for another thread.)
>Naturally strong
We don't know Trunks' backstory when he kills Freeza. He starts off as some random Capsule Corp employee with a sword who somehow happens to be a Super Saiyan. Even if Toriyama planned the Terminator angle, using Freeza as a measuring stick was just sloppy writing by diminishing him.
>They never established Cold's strength
The Jap dialogue says he's stronger than Freeza, and Mecha Freeza is stronger than 100% Freeza. Heck, given Toriyama, how do we know that's not Cold's FIRST form? You know him and his love of power-hiding twists.

cont.

>signs of her and Vegeta start before Trunks
Get that TFS, 90's kid, Amerifat shit outta here. Z didn't have much, maybe, but Dragon Ball had plenty. And just Z had...
>Bulma crying over Yamcha's death
>Twice
>Yamcha talking to Bulma to give the news
>All of this in the manga
What manga interactions are between Veggie and Bulma?
>Encounters him when Zarbon attacks, and she's more enthralled with Zarbon than Veg
>Briefly spots him when Krillin gets the Dragon Ball
>Gets insulted by him and asks him to stay over
That scene with the pink shirt is anime-only, written after Trunks showed up after a full filler arc to let them slow down for the manga. For all we care, until Trunks reveals Vegeta's his father, Bulma might as well have cheated on Yamcha with Goku, since HE'S the Super Saiyan.
>Majin Vegeta
After the fact. Correcting one's mistakes requires there to be mistakes. Besides, Majita happened because Veggie realized he had gone soft, which started because, guess what, Trunks died. Before then, Vegeta mostly ignored Trunks and even called himself pure evil.
>Yajirobe had a sword
Yes, and Yajirobe was the kind of character who it fit thematically with. In the east-asian inspired early Dragon Ball, he was a wandering Samurai. Trunks has a sword cuz its cool

Sorry, but I'm not the one whose reasoning falls flat.

That nearly happened in Spectacular Spiderman

syfy.com/syfywire/star-trek-discovery-lead-is-actually-spocks-adopted-sister

incoming.

Why do women like fictional autistic men like Spock and Sheldon but hate real autistic men?

I'd post the lecturing tranny in Assigned Male, but that would mean I would have to save that atrocity onto my computer to do so.

>like

>Sheldon

>Spock

>autistic

Yea some of those words don't belong together.

The same reason I like lolies but don't go after real kids. One's cute fantasy, the other's just mentally incompatable.

>I will never get a date cuz autismo
Feels bad, man.

Are you just retarded, or do you seriously not understand how to make a story good?
Even if a writer comes up with a half-assed excuse for something happening, that doesn't make it better.

Trunk's appearance comes right after Goku defeats Frieza. The first time he becomes super saiyan. Trunks becomes a super saiyan and kills Frieza even faster than Goku could have.

Toriyama didn't give the audience enough time to breathe, and wrote trunks just to shock them even more. "There's more saiyans? They can turn into Super Saiyans? They're stronger than goku?"

I wish Trunks was a Mary Sue because at least then he wouldn't have been so fucking lame when he was in GT.

You are butthurt as fuck.

A little, yeah.
>Saiyans dominate all of Dragon Ball
>Earthlings barely get anything
>Yamcha gets it worst of all

I feel like what we hate are not mary sues per se, but rather asshole characters that never get proper comeuppance, despite the tone of their series dictating karma should be commonplace.

We hate characters that are invulnerable (either literally physically or by other means) when they have no good reason to be.

Take a look at Mabel from Gravity Falls. She by no means fits the mary sue label 100%, as she has plenty of flaws. People's issue with her is that she never grows as a person, and her invulnerability often manifests in people defending her.

That'd explain why people took so much offense to my Trunks claim. Guy gets beaten up a lot and goes through a lot of suffering. Seriously, much as I hate Trunks and the Cell Arc, History of Trunks made it all worthwhile.

Is it really a Mary Sue if her Sue characteristics are played up for comedy?

I believe TV Tropes defines that as a "Parody Sue".

Does he even draw anymore?
I am still waiting for the next strip of trigger star.

But in this case, spock is a stand-in for a reader of the fan-fiction who has spotted the mary-sue.There is a bit of meta, here.

>Got his ass kicked by Androids in the future
>Got his ass kicked by Androids in the past
>Got cockblocked from saving the earth by his dad
>Got beaten to a pulp by Cell
>Admitted that he wasn't even close to Goku
>Got "killed" by Cell offhand

The only time Trunks was MS-ish was when he killed Frieda, but that was not only the worst part of the saga, but the whole point was just to set the tone of the stakes.

I thought that was just Zachary Quinto Spock talking to Leonard Nimoy Spock, so I handwaved the dislike to universe inconsistencies.

There's rarely ever gonna be a "perfect" Mary-Sue, that fits all the traits of what we expect a Mary-Sue to have.
A lot of mary sues seem to be done accidentally, which is why its gonna be so rare, considering the term of Mary-Sue has been passed around so much.
Its almost impossible to not have heard of it before, and makes people more aware of what they write

Although its still possible for writers to make mistakes, and poorly execute certain ideas about certain characters.
Unfortunately it is not fun having a thread called "Post characters that have badly written details because the Writer made a few mistakes"

believe this

this is ifunny-tier bait
have a pity-(you)

tvtropes defines a whole lot of shit as a whole lot pf other shit

why is angelina jolie in Hackers a mutant

Did redditors "brigade" that page or something? How did such a clearly wrong definition get so many positive votes and the correct one get so many negatives?

If it wasn't for the superpowers I'd think that was Maria Hill.
I suddenly really want to see her play Quake or Maria.

Man DCEU Wonder Woman is damn close and/or is one depending on how you view her major flaw.