I heard that Luffy wouldn't stand a chance against Plastic man. Can you argue this?

I heard that Luffy wouldn't stand a chance against Plastic man. Can you argue this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z1kYdtVvfLQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Quick question, If you eat a luffy, would he taste a like a Gum burger?

Plastic man is practically immune to blunt physical damage.

That and his stretching powers are so extreme they are borderline reality warping when it comes to his body.

Luffy literally can't hurt him, and O'brian can morph into 1001 things to beat Luffy

CAN YOU REALLY COMPETE WITH A MAN WHO CAN DO THIS?

He can't. PM can go toe to toe with Supes, MM, Shazam, etc.

Plus PM is way more creative with his powerset.

I like how there's water so you know he used his body to drill deep enough to legit connect to some sewage system.
That takes power and commitment.

Luffy can probably use shockwaves from his strikes to imbalance Plas and get some kind of ring removal victory, but other than that, Plas' versatility and resilience would win.

Lufty cant be hurt by blunt force either, and he has fire powers too.

>guy who can stretch and get big vs guy who can turn into ANYTHING
Gee I wonder who would win in a fight?

>implying Plastic Man wouldn't turn out to BE THE RING

Plastic Man was the JLA's secret weapon against an evil Martian Manhunter.

He's just out of Luffy's league.

He needs to breathe, Plas doesn't. And Plas has smothered people to death before (Obsidian Age)

>Implying Plas isnt Luffy's vest

Luffy is more battle oriented plus despite physics saying it would none of those guys produce heat when they hit luffy does.

>Superman's heat vision has no heat
>MM turning into a giant fire monster has no heat
>Billy's lightning has no heat

The question is whether or not Haki affects plastic man, since it attacks the spirit and is meant to damage those immune to conventional attacks.

However, as they are in different universes, and plastic man is likely smart enough to easily outsmart luffy, the fight is fairly even.

I'd give the advantage to Luffy until plastic man decides to actually put in effort. If he takes too long to do so, I give the win to Luffy.

Isn't Plastic Man boarder line toon force?

Couldn't Plas just throw a bucket of sea water onto Luffy?

Fuck, Plas is dope, got any more Plas feats?

no, luffy has shown multiple times that his powers don't just STOP when exposed to seawater, he's just vulnerable to seastone weapons and can't swim.

I thought Luffy couldn't swim, not that he's allergic to water.

>Damages the soul

I thought it just allowed you to punch guys made of fire and light and stuff. It actually punches your soul?

Even so there's a chance Plas could no sell it. He doesn't have a mind (it was one of the reasons he was sent against Fernus, he's 100 percent immune to mind control and telepathy) and he's not alive by conventional standards. He might simply not -have- a soul to punch anymore than a zombie would.

A Death Battle style fight would be a wasted opportunity, what you want is Looney Tunes style

This has been discussed before.

If luffy's haki works like it does in the anime, then he stands a good chance to win. Plastic man has never fought someone who can hurt him with punches. Haki, in cannon, lets people punch people who are literally a ball of fire. Plastic man is no different than the logai type people from one piece. Luffy has beaten people with even stronger abilities than Plastic man.

That being said, Luffy is a retard and would fall for most of the ruses. Also if luffy's haki doesn't work then he is dead.

Plastic Man would win.
My justification?

I hate Luffy. I hate One Piece. The entire series is insufferable and I dislike it a great deal.

another example of devil fruit abilities working underwater

I like you, user

I thought he gets paralyzed when he comes into contact with seawater

Plastic man can turn into a duck

You are entitled to your opinions but I have to ask, did you watch any of the other big 3? Bleach or Naruto? Or Fairy Tail if we are stretching the definition? Because it might not be that you hate OP, you might just hate endless shonens.

Not them but I watched and read all of Bleach and Fairy Tail, most of Naruto as well. One Piece fucking sucks and I could get very far in at all.

Here's a huge advantage Plas has over Luffy people don't bring up.

Plas can FLY. Like he can turn into little cartoon airplanes and shit.

Luffy is grounded.

And he can pull himself back together like silly putty. Even if Luffy's hakai could hurt him (I don't think it could. It's only hurt guys that can turn into something normally punch proof. But Plas is stretchy all the time. It's his normal body) Luffy can't -kill- Plas. At most he can just stun him until he pulls himself back together.

But Plas can kill Luffy.

I thought Haki worked on the basis of punching through someone's powers to hit the person behind them and that it would not work on Plas because him being Plastic Man is not exactly a power but it is now his natural state of being at this point like Martian Manhunter.

*couldnt get

maybe saying 'soul' is wrong, but it's described as attacking with your spirit just as much as physical force.

he loses muscle control if he's completely submerged. Just getting water on him does nothing - he's fought with water numerous times, in flooding rooms, and...you know, he sails.

> He doesn't have a mind

how?, he thinks and talk.

That's what I thought to. Plastic's power isn't a form he adopts like the guys haki works against. It's just his body.

Not like it could drop kill Plas even if it could hurt him. Luffy would have to find a way to tear him down into little bitty pieces and then scatter them and still that would only score him a victory through "ring out". And while he has to do this Plas can just kill him through suffocation (which he's done before) or by attacking him internally (which his darker alt universe self did in Flashpoint)

>Luffy is grounded.
no he's not. Luffy learned some rokushiki techniques and can use fourth gear to kick the air hard enough to fly.

He just doesn't. He's like a big stretchy golem zombie made of plastic. He doesn't even register to telepaths.

Like how throwing magic at Superman will instantly cripple him!?

What are some good plastic man comics?

You liked Bleach and Naruto but not One Piece.

Got it

You hate fun.

No seriously, the biggest difference between the other major endless shonen of the time and OP was how goofy and fun OP was. Until way later (just before the big time skip, like chapter 300 or so) the first fight was never a serious one. Goofy nonsense is what won the day time and time again. In the other two is was just who could scream harder or pulled the better power up out of their ass.

I hate to be like this, but Bleach was garbage after the first main arc, and everyone knows how dumb naruto got.

numerous one piece fights got serious

crocodile
arlong
enel
water 7

but you're right, one piece was very much 'fun' while the other series took themselves far more seriously.

He had a good ark in Mark Waid's JLA.

The old Jack Cole Police Comics from the Golden Age are fun, but Plas is much less zany than how he's normally depicted nowadays.

Luffy has to be submerged in standing sea water to affect him, the only character in One Piece weak to that strategy is Crocodile.

The answer to this basically boils down to: how would haki work in the DCU?

For those who haven't read One Piece, haki is a way of reinforcing your body with energy. Someone using haki can only be hurt by another person using haki. Since Plastic Man is unable to use haki, he couldn't hurt Luffy.

The big question is, does haki allow Luffy to hurt Plastic Man? PM is immune to physical damage, but he might be vulnerable to the "energy" exerted by a haki-infused punch. Since haki doesn't exist in the DCU and hasn't been explained in enough detail in the OPU, we don't have a good answer.

I would say that if haki works on Plastic Man, Luffy would win. If it doesn't, Luffy has zero chance of winning. Plastic Man is the more versatile shapeshifter, so he could easily suffocate Luffy to death.

>You hate fun.

No I had ugly drawn lolipop people sobbing comically in what should be a serious scene

i find the idea very implausible. haing the ability to make toughts, to be selfconcius, to understand others, to care and to be imaginative is too have a mind. im donĀ“t argue with you user, is just that the ery idea is pretty disturbing

Emperor Haki does not actually "hit" the soul. If your will is bigger than your enemy's, then it is instant K.O. . That is how it works.

>You hate fun.
People on Sup Forums tell me i'm a faggot when i say the only thing that makes a game good is if you had fun. I also like Gwenpool. Gwen is fun.

This is why crossover fights never work. Each universes rules clash with eachother in stupid ways

>Luffy is grounded.
Luffy in Gear 4 is capable of faster than sound flight.

>Even if Luffy's hakai could hurt him (I don't think it could. It's only hurt guys that can turn into something normally punch proof. But Plas is stretchy all the time. It's his normal body)
Luffy's body got the passive effect of a rubber-like body and can still be harmed by blunt force when infused with Hakai. Plastic Man would be no different. As for whether or not Hakai infused attacks can kill Plastic Man, we will have to wait and see with Macro.

>crocodile

Water luffy! "oh no I sprung a leak!"

>arlong
Everything usop did, also everything with the sea cow.

>enel
This one is arguable, but the situation leading up to it was goofy as hell. And the fight might have been the best ironic joke match up in endless shonen to date

>water 7

Did you forget Zoro using ussop as a sword? Or that bitch with the soap powers? Or the freggen giraffe guy?

My argument isn't that they were never serious. If fact they always end up with the crew getting serious and winning (up until the arc on those islands before the time skip). They just all START goofy as hell.

Being rubber is also Luffys natural state of being, even when being submerged in sea water he doesn't stop being rubber while a logia type user will stop being that element, being that element isn't their natural state.

Haki has hurt Luffy despite this since other Haki users have hurt him with blunt force despite him being normally immune. Basically if the rules of Haki apply to this deathmatch then there is no reason why Haki wouldn't affect plasticman.

>Luffy is grounded.
Not anymore. Luffy learned how to fly at super speed

Someone better start posting pages of Plas in this weeks Injustice.

Plas is just the best.

>Had the willpower to spend centuries at the bottom of the ocean in microscopic pieces, go insane, get better, and just walk it off after he's put back together by the League

Plas is fine.

Say it somehow hurts Plas.

So what?

It can't kill him. Maybe it could knock him out. But deahtbattle rules mean fights are to the death. And Plas can't die.

you're confusing comic events with comic fights.

bleach also had shit like the scientist captain and the sand fucker in soul society, or naruto using the thousand years of pain against gaara.

I'm a total One Piece fan but O'Brien's bullshit is simply leagues above Luffy. The only possible way Luffy beats Plastic Man is with Haki. I'm pretty sure Luffy could defeat Plastic Man in a battle of wills, but definitely not an out and out fight. Despite Luffy's Devil Fruit he's still largely human other than being rubber.

That's just manly crying, you don't understand because you're not hotblooded enough.

Yeah, seriousness in endless shonen gets dumb fast. Except with OP, where it starts dumb and gets less dumb with time somehow. (Everything in the sanji redemption arc actually got to me somehow)

The ugly crying faces is a fair point however. I like them because they show a lot of emotion, you really don't have to.

As a Sup Forumsirgin, Sup Forums is a bunch of faggots.

Also gwenpool isn't as fun as she could be, but I like her too.

Luffy wins but only cause Haki is the ultimate counter to someone like Plastic man.

>liking Bleach and Fairy Tail

>Luffy is harmed by Haki

Luffy is harmed by old fashioned blunt force. He's almost been beaten to death before.

Plas has never had that problem. Doomsday broke him apart he just pulled himself back together.

And if Haki targets the spirit Luffy is even more fucked. Plas' willpower is green lantern level.

Face it user, One Piece is the Steven Universe of Sup Forums

Plastic Man is one of the most powerful heroes int eh DC Universe.

Extremely underrated!

>It can't kill him.
And yet he is dead by the 30th century.

HA that's because all Sup Forums likes is fucking moeshit anyways.

What the hell is it with Sup Forums and crying? I can definitely understand with SU because Steven cries when he stubs his toe but half the time people in One Piece cry it's because, you know, they're either doing it for comic effect or it's because they've just been liberated from years of some form of oppression.

>Plas' willpower is green lantern level.
When Plastic Man managed to overwrite a build-in protocol that prevents the Power Ring from killing an immortal Oan Guardian on super emotional spectrum steroids, we will talk.

I like double shock and twin waterfalls of tears fine, when it's a gag anime/cartoon I enjoy.

Why does Sup Forums do this?
As in hold the same versus threads over and over. Can't you be the least bit creative?
Or do you just like the replies you wanker.

Or will himself back into existences despite not being immortal or having resurrecting powers. Plastic Man being alive for 3000 years is honestly unimpressive when one of your powers is immortality. And that is hardly a display of willpower when it broke him mentality and turned him into a shadow of what he once was.

My god, combined they would be unstoppable

Because our mods don't care, Sup Forums's would have given OP a prostate massage with a banhammer.

>I don't like weirdly drawn people crying
>except when it's in something I like

Because Sup Forums lacks original ideas like the comic industry. Sup Forums is like the Big 2, house of recycle ideas.

Stretchiness and shapeshifting: Plastic Man

Skill: Luffy

Durability: Plastic Man

Strength: Plastic Man

Speed: Plastic Man

Endurance: Plastic Man

Plastic Man X-factors: Doesn't need to breathe, Is "liquid" enough to easily smother Luffy or force himself down his throat to kill him internally, water doesn't weaken him

Luffy X-Factor: Haki might work on Plastic Man if you're loose in your interpretation of it. Partially mitigated by Plastic Man having a lot of willpower

Plastic Man makes Luffy cry Yamete.

>Broke him and turned him into a shadow of what he once was

After the first thousand.

Then he got better.

And then when he reformed in the present he fought Fernus and went home to take care of his estranged son.

Throughout all those years he never forgot his son.

Other than that faggot redwood that people claimed was a mod, we have mods?

Skill: Luffy

Durability: Plastic Man

Strength: Luffy

Speed: Luffy

Endurance: Luffy

I like the ideas and highly imaginative hypotheticals, it's always been fascinating to me because comics have a deep pool of fun far-out ideas. When said compilations of ideas clash even more new unforseen traces of ideas intersect and collide to create some new ideas, sometimes. Children on playgrounds do it all the time but adults on forums have superior collective knowledge so it's much more engaging .

It would depend if Haki would work on plastic man, considering that Haki attacks the body's spirit as well as physically.

I think Gear 2nd would give Luffy the speed advantage.

>Strength

He wrestled with a giant angry Martian Manhunter. Luffy doesn't have shit on that.

>Speed

Kept up with Martian Manhunter and Impulse

>Endurance

Luffy has gotten tired before.

Plas has never gotten tired. He doesn't run out of energy and he doesn't need rest, air, or food.

I'd say it's more:
stretchiness and shapeshifting: plastic man
skill: luffy
durability: plastic man
strength: luffy
speed: luffy

also I'd argue another x-factor is that a lot more of luffy's powers are straight up combat based.

plastic man can scare luffy with only less than 15% of his abilities / powers

plastic man could win against superman if he wanted , but he is way too chill to do anything like that in any normal oportunity

>After the fight Luffy boards his ship with a triumphant smile
>An even redder Thousand Sunny turns to the camera and winks

>Plastic man isn't fast or stro-

>luffy isn't fas--
youtube.com/watch?v=z1kYdtVvfLQ

Why are comic book characters so much more powerful than Manga heroes?

They invented the genre.

different writers plus years of histories

and what once was a comic relief action or silly writing in the past , translated into overwhelming feats and power in modern times

Because manga heroes can't be as broken as comic book heroes and sell. They have to at least make somewhat of a lick of sense.

It's almost entirely Superman's fault.

Because capeshit comics take place in a connected universe, heroes need to be approaching Superman-level power to have any plot relevancy.

Manga typically aren't connected, so characters only need to be as powerful as their own stories necessitate.

>Plas can't die
Explain, I haven't read Plastic Man's comics
He sounds fun, but I don't know where to find his comics.

Can we stop having luffy vs plas threads? It all boils down to whether haki would work or not.

And it wouldn't. The only ones who would arguably be vulnerable to haki is muties.

Why not? The whole point of haki is that it hits people that are usually un-hittable. Plas fits that bill perfectly.