Gunnerkrigg Court

>Stay tuned for some cool beans.
gunnerkrigg.com/

Is Tom alright?

Better than all right, he's as cool as beans.

All right, lads, time for bets: how will Annie take Anya's story of how Tony and Surma fell in love? Will she absorb it calmly and rationally? Or will she reject it at the end and continue to lose her shit?

No, really, what the hell is he doing?
This is super weird.

The gypsy magic appears to have worn off. She looks fucking ghoulish in the last few strips.

But beans aren't cool at all.

Beans taste like shit.

apparently she has the capacity to go from (SERIOUS) theories of brainwashing to saying "cool beans", so, fuck it, anything could happen. She could fucking start dancing and it would be in line with these last pages.

She will accept Anya's story, but it will still make her go spastic.

>Beans taste like shit.
The only taste that's shit is your own sense of taste.

And Anja isn't acting any less strange either.

If beans were normally cool, her shirt would just say Beans.

Does anyone actually like Tony?

>No, really, what the hell is he doing?
Being a cheeky bastard. I'd say that qualifies as "alright".

I wonder how long it will be before Kat has her eyes shrink into her skull as well

Is this not the weirdest page in the whole comic to you?

I thought this was an edit but I went to the actually site and it's real. This whole page just feels I don't know off.

That's how she reacted on this page, yeah.

It's like when you're dreaming but you don't realize it yet and everything feels real until you notice that something's off

It's a bonus page.

That's because it is.
This is Tom being weirder than he's ever been before.
This writing is ... deranged, for lack of a better word.
Yes. This was my first reaction as well.

Come on guys he's just making a joke about how weird that kind of cliffhanger sounds in an actual conversation.

I do. He acts pretty autistic and as an autistic person I can relate, even though I agree he's a dick.

Pretty much everybody in the comic likes him despite his obvious flaws, except for Annie and maybe Coyote.

No. Go away.

You people are seriously retarded.

>accepts Anya's story
>seems calm and rational
>meanwhile fire annie is going berserk on the other side of campus

We've had a giant ship kidnap children so they would make him a magic flesh body so he could try to seduce a married shellfish.
We've seen weirder.

I was talking about Tom being weird, not the story, smartass.

It's called a bonus page, retards. It's supposed to be weird/silly

Have the characters ever acted this out of place in any other bonus page?
Has any other bonus page ever directly continued with the same scene as the last page?
Speaking of last page, what's your explanation for Anja's strange behavior there, genius?

Bonus pages usually occur after something fucking HAPPENS.

I'm still shocked that there's people reading this comic, ostensibly having read all of it up until now, and still can't grasp Tom's style.

I think it's mostly people who have been reading it from the start. At least the core of the fandom is.

Oh, and lesbians happened, also.

>Anja makes a dramatic statement to end the chapter.
>Bonus page is the awkward silence afterwards and Anja having to explain herself.

It's not hard to understand.

Really? I never got that feel

The worst think in the world to her is learning that her parents loved each other.

Cool beans

Anya hit the wall hard

>Have the characters ever acted this out of place in any other bonus page?
This. Tea being "meta" and silly is not at all the same as actual characters from the story doing it.

>expecting Annie to not be broken and confused at the end of a chapter that started happily

Is it me or has Anya become a lot less attractive?

Her kid's like 16 now. She's firmly middle-aged. Tom though it time for her to look it I guess.

She's gross and I hate it.
Thank you for fixing the comic.

It'll happen to you too!

That's fine, I'm not a cute girl.

see