For what purpose?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bVpwJbLLivU
youtube.com/watch?v=QhstyHwFpS0
youtu.be/QyIpijrLlcM
youtube.com/watch?v=F_DFJ-OXTzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-KbeoOyf8vw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why did they change that donut into a sandwich?

Meanwhile on Digimon.

>Funimation
7/10, almost took the bait.

Before? Less cultural confusion. Now? To trigger you.

>Foreign-sounding names like Taichi, Koshiro, Miyaco, Ruki
>Change to different, but equally foreign-sounding names Tai, Izzy, Yolei, Rika
>Tailmon, a digimon with an english word for a name, gets changed to Gatomon, a spanish word, for the english dub
They're guilty of some other weird dumb stuff but it's late.

>Thinking 4Kids, Funimation and Saban are all the same company.

wewlad

>Manga Entertainment

For what purpose?

youtu.be/bVpwJbLLivU

>riceball
>it's a triangle

a kid wouldn't let this go if they weren't so busy wondering what the fuck is that white and black thing.

Jews

Now as horrid as rewriting Lucoa from Dragon Maid. They took Tittyjokes the Character and turned her into a feminist mouthpiece.

Funi hasn't been that kinda company since 1999.

I hope you're ready to pay him after using his trademarked name. He doesn't take kindly to people who ditch their fees.

youtube.com/watch?v=QhstyHwFpS0

>take a joke character and have them tell other types of jokes
and this is "bad" because...?

inb4 muh fetish fuel

youtu.be/QyIpijrLlcM

Translations should generally try and represent the original meaning. It's one thing to take a cultural reference and change it to a more local one. It's another to change a character's personality for the sake of agenda.

Funimation dub writers have a habit of inserting their politics in anime. See: shin-chan season 3 and prison school

that show was trash anyways who cares

For what purpose?

youtube.com/watch?v=F_DFJ-OXTzQ

The same reason Dr.Gero was the leader of the Red Ribbon Army and Tao Pai Pai was his general. They were trying to hastily fill in gaps.

>Tohru: "what are you wearing that for?"

>Lucoa: "oh those pesky patriarchal societal demands were getting on my nerves, so I changed clothes"

>Tohru: "give it a week, they'll be begging you to change back"

Fuck me...

The same company who gave you this by the way

youtube.com/watch?v=-KbeoOyf8vw

You mean 4kids

you dumb garden gnome

There's literally nothing wrong with changing a rice ball to another form of food in a dub.

Holy shit they literally reference Gamergate. That le epic jab already aged like dogshit.

>aged like dogshit.
Fuck you cuck GG is eternal until corruption leaves the gaming medium.

Sup Forumsi/v/a la re/v/olution!

>watching dubs

>assuming we only watch dubs

Americanization is just as bad as protectionist regulations in other countries that prevent them from showing too much foreign content.

American kids don't know what real food like rice is.

but it's the same context.
and the characters (dragons) know enough of the modern world to be familiar with sjw themes. I don't see what's wrong with it.

Is that the actual dub? It sounds like a parody.

4Kids dubs the last anime you watched. What happens?

>Year-Month-Day

Who the fuck dates like this

I don't understand, what's wrong with this? I watched DBZ as a kid, but never Dragonball.

>Dragon Ball Super

"Oh geez Goku! If we lose this tounament the all-king will send our universe to a vacation!"

>Her country is responsible for the Holographic map

>I watched DBZ as a kid, but never Dragonball.
That's your problem. Goku's father was not a scientist. He looks like pic. Tao is a Mercenary hired by Red Ribbon. Dr. Gero never appeared until Z. This is why you should watch the Japanese version if you really want to watch any Dragon Ball dubbed before Kai.

Does anybody here speak jive?

A separate guy named Commander Red lead the Red Ribbon Army. Tao Pai Pai was a hired mercenary who wasn't
directly linked with the army.

Funimation didn't watch the original either at that point and cobbled together a story from the silent flashback.

It's okay, I get it.

>California Rolls.

>Zamasu instead has a "no humans on my property" kind of deal instead of wanting all mortals to die

Holy shit

This is a full on fucking Sup Forums thread in Sup Forums

When did we give up?

We've also got a Sup Forums thread on Sup Forums that's stinking up the place. And with enough effort, we could drag in /tg/ or Sup Forums.

WE ARE THE OMEGA BOARD. YOU CAN NOT DEFEAT US.

Now we /vp/. SUMMONING ALL BOARDS TO MAKE THIS BOARD THE ULTIMATE BOARD.

She actually is not familiar with the human world, there are no SJW themes in the story, and this "translation" changes the meaning of what happens.

WITH OUR POWERS COMBINED!

I remember there being an episode where they all drank a bunch of hot sauce that was obviously booze.

WE MAKE THE ULTIMATE BOARD, /i/, INVASION, WHICH ONLY FOX NEWS AND OURSELVES KNOW OF.

>My Hero Academia

"Stain is a big mean bully. One touch by him and my quirk is powerless."
Ilda only has a few bruises, not in a pool of blood.

>Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Joe Joestar has to stop the evil Danny and prevent him from turning everyone into spooky ghosts!

All threads are Sup Forums threads now.
Containment became contamination.