Close Enough

youtu.be/S33uf3E4UT4

Trailer for J. G. Quintel's new show, Close Enough, what does Sup Forums think?

Looks like a worse, even less subtle, Regular Show to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/toonholechris
twitter.com/miggsboson
youtube.com/watch?v=D_S-ZrK76L0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

All the characters seem suburbia levels of boring, but I'll give it a shot.

that short he did about working at a convenience store on halloween was good. i donno, this looks questionable.

looks like a meme show that's been taylor made for reddit

Someone needs to explain Search Engine Optimization to Quintel, his titles are awful in that regard.

Not getting my hopes up.

Close Enough as in "close enough" to Regular Show?

I want to like this, Sup Forums, but it just looks so garbage. I don't mind the lack of a change in artstyle, but everything from the characters to the setting to the general plots are straight out of regular show.

Also JG Quintel unapologetically playing himself in the show.

Just think of it as a people who can't make live action television deciding they want to do a sitcom like Always Sunny regardless.

>regular show
>close enough
>whatever, shut up
>uhhh

Eh, looks alright

>we want the reddit audience

Characters really don't look very memorable... I'd be for a more adult Regular Show with the same characters, but these guys don't look unique in design like Regular Show was...

>Aqua something you know whatever

>oh hey jeff, no im just thinking of what i should call this show you know ive got an idea

i like her

i dont want it to succeed but i know it will, its like watching a younger cousin grow taller than you

dudeweedlmao

Is this the first cartoon about being millennial parents? Well it's something.

Apparently the wife and kid are also based on his wife and kid, so he's got it made more than 70% of Sup Forums

part of regular show's appeal (for me, at least) was the concept of "this kind of content on a kids network? that's pretty funny"

this show is regular show without appealing character designs, or a barrier that prevents them from going straight to "dude weed lmao" jokes. not really excited for this one but who am i kidding, i'll watch it anyway no matter how bad it is

>tfw no gf

How long until lewds?

I've been attacked by a opossum in the bathroom before so I can relate to this.

So Regular Show for adults, with humans instead of animals, and seemingly no relationship drama endless hell because the main character is already married?

I'm in.

if this is going to be a comfy show where they don't have to force relationship drama to keep things interesting, i'm definitely in

wait, since TBS is part of the turner media conglomerate, couldn't they outright reference regular show if they wanted?

Probably

Word from god says this takes place in the same universe as Regular Show.

Who drew this? Also, anyone know the staff Twitter/Tumblr accounts?

Probably be the only thing worth watching for for me.

>part of regular show's appeal (for me, at least) was the concept of "this kind of content on a kids network? that's pretty funny"
I agree, I'll never forget the "drug" trafficking episode.

Literally just regular show cranked up to TV14

it's the same exact crew as regular show, save for a couple of people. only two or three people are new, but i'm unsure if they have social media or not.

twitter.com/toonholechris
twitter.com/miggsboson
Chris was a boarder on Uncle Grandpa, while Miggs was a board revisoinist (one of the last eps was boarded by Miggs and Chris, and I bet they would've stayed board partners had the show not been cancelled)

>Sup Forums hates it

Guess I'm watching it

i need her face smaller

looks really soft. i wonder if it feels like the tits do

Should'e made the MC's friend look more like the other clerk from the short. Also I guess Quintel just loves his supernatural elements based on the shorts and RS.

It really is just RS for a "mature" audience but at least the MC is married and won't go through any betacai romance drama hopefully I'm up for more RS-tier plots I guess. Quintel really wasn't ready to drop RS and this show just proves it. Will give it a shot and will probably like Asian qt.

I don't see anyone saying they hate it, just being cautious. JG is competent but the trailer isn't exactly promising, though it could just be the consequence of how it was cut.

eh

>married
>no relationship drama
Pick one and only one

>just an edgier regular show but this time mordecai is literally fucking rigby

yeah pretty great desu

To be fair to JG, a lot of shows look bad based off the trailer. I remember almost avoiding Adventure Time because of the "What Time is It" trailer

youtube.com/watch?v=D_S-ZrK76L0

Goddamn fujo.

it would be great if they weren't human and hetero

I've got a thing for Asians so why not?

You telling you wouldn't want to fuck a female version if your best friend?

Calling it now, the show will only last two seasons before it's cancelled.

>sassy old black lady
>inept awkward Indian guy
Seems like I've been seeing these two archetypes more often in adult sitcoms

Married Couple seems comfy. I guess this is what would have happened if Mordecai and CJ hadn't broken up.

Tits feel like firm water balloons

>a thing for asians
my african american brother

This feels so much like a Titmouse cartoon.

needs a nude edit

I'll take it over this.

>the wife and kid are also based on his wife and kid
Crazy motherfucker, its like he doesn't know what people will do with his characters

they look nothing alike

like bags of sand

Well something has to offset the rampant cynicism of adult cartoons. So why not this? Maybe marriage can actually be a fine arrangement. Maybe your spouse doesn't have to be an antagonistic thought police shrew who you have to live with and occasionally get to bone.

hey don't talk shit about FIFF I'll put you through that fucking wall

I assume he does know, and just doesn't care cause pervs gonna perv.

I didn't laugh once. Like all the humor is SUPER PREDICTABLE. I feel like by being tv-14 it lost some of the nuance Regular show had because they no longer have to write around adult themees. But instead of being clever or something they just sorta go "lmao sex joke sex joke sex joke weed amiright?"
It's very clumsy looking.

Also almost all the characters just feel like "not mordecai." "not eileen" etc.