Welcome to the Wayne

A familiar face appears edition.
Today's episode
>Mail Those Cards, Boys!
>After a robotic pigeon steals their mysterious post cards, Team Timbers and Leif must fight their way through the Wayne Postal Service to get them back.

>Web pilot (6 episodes)
mediafire.com/folder/tsb6i74y6fqzx/WTW

>Previous Episodes
>Rise and Shine, Sleepyhead! (1080p)
mega.nz/#F!URQWHLRT!FD8_YrUbxK-WJZcC97LnTQ
drive.google.com/file/d/0BzprmLosXsaMUlI0OURLVmVQSnc/view
>Like a Happy, Happy Bird (720p)
mega.nz/#!NwkXHZob!r57YNnRTBmf69rigd7gxvIMOSif-FCFhv2H7_WWTDWE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9zRBFSSmH08
youtube.com/watch?v=J_8kdYx_Bvw
mega.nz/#!dksRDASK!2CFTMq9ROBtGyXleDyvvNo5z2hr1Ph7MsBl0n9RHNco
mega.nz/#F!NAwSCCYT!U6bISn4TjnI12NDyiwLzww
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Show seems alright

Aren't the two main characters just the children from Bob's Burgers?

Are new episodes airing every day?

Yes, the entire week, so we'll have the first five episodes by Friday.
I hope the show progresses, since now there is not much place for theories and discussions, which is what happens with mystery shows like this.

Less than one hour for Third episode!
What are your expectations for this one, Sup Forums?

ok let's stick with the thread with the links.
no idea this show was bombing a little through the week.
time to watch the birdie episode, thank you mega user!

I wanted to watch the second episode legally this morning but Nick hasn't put it on their site/app
Why do they drive me to piracy?
Also Saraline is qt but Ansi is a really cute boy

>You will never sanitize Ansi's hands

Good job drawfag

I like the flow of continuity that we've had through the episodes so far.
It's going to be interesting to see how long they keep that going.

>nobody even bothered getting a proper webrip of the second episode
>threads are slow

Thought this would've caught on better, but I guess not.

In a recent interview they confirmed this show will be heavily influenced by plot.

Last night MEGA user claimed the link was almost ready, I guess he'll drop it later today.
As for the slow threads, yeah I don't understand why anons don't discuss the show.

>anons

the ratings are bad, so kids aren't watching it either

enjoy it while it lasts, because it might not be long until we're saying goodbye to the wayne

>it's a tony danza reference for no reason in a children's cartoon a quarter of a century after he stopped being relevant episode

How was today's episode? I couldn't watch it

That was pretty good. I enjoyed it.

It was pretty good

Anyways IS MEGA user UPLOADING THE EPISODE!

> ready for some cannon manning?
> I prefer cannon personing.
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh

Saraline is cute. Cute!

And yet they say there are no objectively correct opinions.

That's true. She's also not as obnoxious as most little sister characters

>write a character to be an obnoxious little sister
>Sup Forums complains they're poorly written because they're obnoxious

Every time.

Examples?

>promising, cute urban-set adventure-fanatsy show with sharp modern writing to languish in obscurity out of pure apathy
>while TLH's painful mediocrity and pandering to sperglords and pedos gets it a theatrical movie
kill me now senpai

Mega link for today's episode When?

What the hell does that have to do with what I said?

Welcome to summer Sup Forums, user.

That's the fate of the modern world, pham. Decent to good stuff get the axe, while awful shit gets promoted.
This show was a 7/10 for me, because everything is perfect but the artstyle, which I don't like personally. However, the writing is getting better and the pacing improved.
At least we know the first 20 episodes are already done, so we get to enjoy a season of this show.

I guess hes just thirsty for the new episode.

other than that it was pretty good.

gravity falls

This shit is the reason why I love browsing during the summer.

the artstyle is a huge part, but honestly in a cartoon you have to have balance, TLH has an appealing artstyle but the stories and characters are bland, this cartoon has an intriguing plot but the artstyle is absolutely terrible, I'm not too fond of both

Mabel's not a little sister, she's a twin. In fact, she's slightly older than Dipper.

Plus, she actually was badly written

Weres the MEGA LINK FOR TODAYS EPISODE!

>but the artstyle is absolutely terrible
>terrible

user, it's spelled "Canadian."

You have to be older than the show's target audience to post here.

Am I the only one who finds the art charmingly simple?
I think it's because I have nostalgia for old Flash toons at this point, reminds me of Home Movies and stuff like that and it's comfy.
Plus the worst thing animation can be is sterile (like most cut-out tween animation), this has some roughness around the edges I like

uh, nope, I like the artstyle of some canadian cartoons like Total Drama, Grojband and Sidekick for examples

>am i the only one

of course not, user
don't worry, there's surely almost nothing unique about you

i like the art too

The show could use more girls with cartoonishly long hair, but other than that it's neat

>there's surely almost nothing unique about you
that's comforting

You are right, but the first type of cartoons is worse than the second. There are low-quality cartoons with excellent writing that become good and popular.

Ideally, a show's artstyle should support, reflect and further its narrative.

Would Welcome to the Wayne be better if it had The Loud House's artstyle?

We are talking about the same era where Teen Titans Go is one of the most popular shows.
Kids don't want quality, they want retarded toilet humor and stupid nonsense, they are simply too immature to appreciate a good story.

>user on board to discuss the children's cartoons he watches calls actual children "too immature"

I can't like a cartoon if it doesn't have both, I'm not saying it to be mean or contrarian, and yeah I like some cartoons which styles are thought to be "ugly" but the point is that to me they're not, and that's why I like 'em
I thought it was the same for everyone?
to me yes, a lot, it could've even been as huge as gravity falls etc

I'm not hating on children, I am stating the truth. I'm not intending to use fedora terms to describe myself while thinking kids are subhuman, it's about how simply shows with too much writing can tire them, because they are too young to grasp on this stuff. No need to point out that shit, user.

Two things ruined the premiere of this show in my opinion:
First, that autistic youtubers and e-celebs called this a GF rip-off, which in fact made some children act aggressively towards the show.
Second, the art style, because it put off some people (even in these threads a few anons stated that they didn't want to watch it for that reason).

I hope these low numbers and first negative reception are simply a bad start for the show and not the total annihilation of what could have been a great story.

this show's artstyle isn't bad at all, what are you guys smoking? the only real complaint i have is goddamned coloured ears but other than that it's perfectly fine. i'd love it if somebody could describe what's bad about it.

>First, that autistic youtubers and e-celebs called this a GF rip-off, which in fact made some children act aggressively towards the show.
i really don't want to believe this

I've seen a couple people call it a rip off

>mfw nick is utterly failing at trying to ape GF

You leave Wayne out of this you coward.

only idiots and/or fuccbois like the mabelposter above actually believe this

the funny thing is that that one popular youtuber even retitled his video calling it a rip-off/inspiration. it's funny how bad clickbait can really hurt the premiere of a show

Check for yourself, look at the titles, then at the number of views in both videos.

youtube.com/watch?v=9zRBFSSmH08

youtube.com/watch?v=J_8kdYx_Bvw

>The first one was blocked by Viacom

For once, I approve this

>i'd love it if somebody could describe what's bad about it
I can try I guess, and I did watch the first episode
While the background colors are nice, I'm not a fan of the colors they choose for the protagonists, mostly I'm referring to the whole palette of the short guy with orange hair (sorry if I don't remember names) in general they just look a bit off, they really clash. Putting that aside, another thing I don't really like are the noses, and yeah the colored ears, and I think that's about it.
I don't remember much about the animation but from what I do recall it was smooth enough, and the backgrounds looked really freaking cool.
I only they could have made the designs of the protagonists more appealing, like, I can kind of get used to the tall guy, and the girl is cute enough, could be cuter if they fixed her nose, but really that guy is goddamn ugly.

Yeah, I just noticed. Last I checked it had 200k views, because the faggot who made them capitalized on GF, thus he has to keep appeasing his fanbase by shitting out retarded clickbait videos.
Of course that video hurt the premiere of this show. I still haven't lost my hope because the official Instagram account of the show is getting good appraisal and a lot of followers daily. Also people on Twitter are starting to realize it's good.

Who is best boy and why is it Leif?

yeah olly's design is pretty weird
i personally think that it works for him because it fits his character well but i guess not everybody's into that either

Sup Forums likes Girl Dipper a lot more than Boy Mabel

Who would've guessed?

if Nick continues to be slowpokes at updating their website I'll post 1080 from iTunes of eps 2 and 3 tomorrow morning

Well did MEGA user GET THE EPISODE TOO?

Thank you user. I would love to watch today's episode.
Don't be impatient.

MEGA user DID U GET THE EPISODE

U GOT EPISODE 2 yesterday

Weres episode 3

Brandon, did you see Baby Driver?
It has a lot of car chases.

For God's sake I'm not him you fucking faggot.

He's a kid Toonzone sperg who's been doing this on-and-off in talkback threads for years
Just ignore cuz there's nothing that will stop him until he gets a link (and then he won't even say thanks)

Sorry for the wait, had to deal with work. Here's the episode.

mega.nz/#!dksRDASK!2CFTMq9ROBtGyXleDyvvNo5z2hr1Ph7MsBl0n9RHNco

Thanks for the info
And thanks to you too, dude. I knew you would never fail.

>I knew you would never fail.
The show already failed though.

Nice.

Bitch you didn't

Why do they look so adorable here?

Another one of these lines of mysterious symbols appeared in this episode

>i prefer cannonpersonning

i guess we better hope somebody cares enough to decode it

The entire of Masterson's dialogue was excellent. I am afraid, though, he was more menacing in the web shorts, in this episode he felt a bit incompetent.
And also I felt bad for Leif, I wish I could help him.

That's not a valid example

yr my favorite deputy

New episode was pretty good

Yeah, Leif was a great character to explore, I feel they could pull great character arcs for everyone

Home from work, about to watch the last 2 eps
i'm hype

Each one gets better than the previous one, and both Ep 2 and 3 are much more enjoyable than the first.

I watched the pilot shorts after I saw the first episode of the series and I liked them a lot more.. better pace, which is rather bizarre considering their unconventional format.

I kind of hope this gets an animation upgrade after the first season to rid it of the tweening, like Bob's Burgers and Star Vs did
I suppose it has to pick up enough steam to last that long first, though

Season 1 production hasn't even ended, the creators said they were working on the last two (19 and 20), perhaps we could see an animation upgrade in the same season?

>22 minute comedy
>ongoing plot has undoubtedly begun in earnest by episode 3
this alone would've been enough to get the show attention less than a decade ago
But suddenly serialization is nothing special

yeah pretty much
i think this show would benefit from being a little less vague with its overall plot and try to have episodes that focus on something more tangentially related than directly related. as much as people bitch about "filler" in serialized shows i think having some breathing room is healthy. i appreciate the little subplots from episodes 2 and 3 themed around friendship - i get the pilot already covered this but i'm disappointed that there isn't more of ansi having to adjust to the wackiness of the wayne. he's "one of the guys" now and rolls along with the punches a little too easily for my taste.

Yeah I think making Ansi so shy and reserved actually made his character super cute and likable in the pilot. More of that would be good, but it seems the Wayne stripped away all his inhibitions in no time flat. In general (for being kids) right off the bat I thought they were all way too chill about all this in episode 1.
The writing's structure and pacing isn't the best it could be, for certain. The show does make up for it in imagination and dialogue.

gee i wonder who's behind this post

Hearing ATHF voices in this show is just sad to me. I mean carls voice as a door man just seems wrong.

I wonder if they'll get meatwad

Most people compare them to the Pines Twins

isn't teen titans sinking in viewership? I mean, even children have limits to how much toilet humor they can stomach.

Man I thought this was going to be shit but I'm actually enjoying it.
Mabel wasn't written to be obnoxious.
Alex thinks she's "delightful".

Funny how things change, huh?

what is that writing on there?

Episodes 2 and 3 web HD:
mega.nz/#F!NAwSCCYT!U6bISn4TjnI12NDyiwLzww