DC announces a second season Young Animal season under Vertigo and a brand new Mature Readers OGN line

>DC announces a second season Young Animal season under Vertigo and a brand new Mature Readers OGN line
>Mister Miralce will carry an M-rating
>Marvel ressurects the MAX imprint with Punisher: The Platoon

So, is the Big Two trying to take back the adult focused comics market from Image or is it all happening at the same time just a coincidence?

Well it's not like kids or even teens read comics

Lets rephrase that. It's not like most PEOPLE read. At all. Ask most people the last thing they read and they will most likely not have an answer.

>second season
>cancelled for three months for only Doom Patrol and given one-shots
>no guarantee they'll come back

Teenagers do.
Not as many as adults, but the mid to late teens are when I see them starting. Probably because the geeky ones are getting their first jobs and actually have money to piss on comic books.
I know I didn't start reading comics until I was about 16, despite living on capeshit cartoons throughout my entire childhood.

They probably want people to catch up on the series with trades, those books will probably be shilled in a lot of end of the year awards/lists.

What I was getting at was it's mostly adults that read comics so why not make more comics with adult themes. Not that anything M rated will stay out of teens hands.

Yeah but I was saying your statement isn't broad enough. Most people in general do not read. Adults or children.

Maybe they finally remembered blood and guts sells and liberal propaganda doesn't

I wouldn't really call it resurrecting MAX if the only time it ever comes back is to house Ennis' pet projects

God damn vietnam was such an aesthetic war, long before fucking molle and rails took over everything

Kids do read comics

It's why Raina Telgemeier makes fuckin bank

Out of the loop here, can someone explain the YA announcement?

One MAX story doesn't mean much.

They also brought back the Marvel Knights imprint for just three minis.

Right, we need less stuff like Green Lantern/Green Arrow and more masterpieces like Youngblood

OH FUCK

PLATOON GOT A RELEASE DATE OR SOMETHING?

they're just moving the editorial department's designation and maybe it affects who gets paid what, it's likely not relevant to your reading experience

It can basically be summed up as:
>we're totally going to make more YA books!
>except there's going to be less overall books than the first wave
>pls buy Dark Matter

Yeah, first issue comes out in October.

I didn't realize they were bringing back the MAX imprint. Nice. I hope it's not just for a Punisher mini and they have other books planned down the road, Either way, I'm just glad Ennis is back for a while since Cloonan mostly sucks. I miss Frank's inner monologues

When did they announce the release date?