Neo-Spongebob

This show is so...weird.

It's just a completely new show with the same ancient characters of Spongebob.
I have the latest episode a shot out of curiosity and because computer wives are my thing so I figured it'd be amusing in the least.

Okay so spongebob is a straight up shapeshifter now.

>Spongebob attacks Karen to distract Plankton
That's pretty hardcore I guess. Also, damn.

The fuck is this

What the fuck

You haven't seen shit OP

As long as there's no grotesque injuries or characters being cruel for no reason, it's at least a step in the right direction. They slipped on a banana peel and fell into La La Land, but at least they took a step.

Thiccer

Since when did Karen have a face?

Since it was revealed that she's Mr Krab's Daughter's mom.

The joke (is it a joke?) was that she didn't have a face because she didn't want Krab's to recognize her and see she was with Plankton.

>It's just a completely new show with the same ancient characters of Spongebob
SpongeBob has transformed into something more than a mere show. It's become an idea, a pop culture staple akin to Tom & Jerry and its brethren. It's like a "better" Simpsons, not because the newer episodes are great or anything, but because there is so much ample space for ideas due to it being a bonafide cartoon. Something that the Simpsons couldn't accomplish, as it was an animated sitcom that increasingly became more wacky, while theoretically constricted by its very premise. SpongeBob never had those chains.

It doesn't make any sense to compare the current run of episodes to the first three seasons, or whichever seasons you consider to be "authentic" SpongeBob, as the franchise is so removed from those homely roots that even bringing Hillenburg back on the production crew couldn't restore that bygone feel. There is no real SpongeBob anymore; sure, there was an original that morphed into something else as time ebbed away its foundations. But the characters are so iconic and memetic, that like its predecessors in the animation industry, the characters have become susceptible to varying degrees of interpretation.
>SpongeBob is a dorky, optimistic fry cook who loves jellyfishing.
>Patrick is his dim-witted best friend.
>Squidward is the grumpy, arrogant pseud who is annoyed by their shenanigans.
>Mr. Krabs is a greedy cheapskate and SpongeBob's boss (who has a whale for a daughter).
>Plankton is the envious nemesis trying to steal their business.
>Sandy is the intelligent, strong archetype.
>Gary is a pet snail who behaves like a cat.
Let's not kid ourselves, in fifty years these characters will still be alive and kicking, long after the original creator has died and various cartoons (Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, Adventure Time) have enjoyed their fifteen minutes of fame before fading into the ether. Even the Simpsons doesn't have this type of flexibility.

That's my theory. Or maybe I've been watching too much of this shit.

what

what

Did that person use to be a monster, a fish, a human or something else?

Now I'm kind of interested in seeing Spongebob through the years. I'd like to see what it mutates into in the next 50 years.

>Stephen Hillenburg: please let me end the show with decency
>Nickelodeon: NO, here is your contract for 10 new seasons

I think what you said is true except...
>Let's not kid ourselves, in fifty years these characters will still be alive and kicking

50 years? Spongebob?
I'd say at most 10.

Perhaps the series proper will end eventually, perhaps even sooner than we might suspect, much like how The Flintstones and their kin's debuts ended. But the possibility of infinite reincarnations and revivals isn't far off from where we are right now.

I feel like that was just one writer trying to inject some kind of continuity or canon to the newer episodes.

Which, fuck that. I don't need a Spongebob Cinematic Universe. Each episode is different and unique, and that's been a staple of this show's fun for the whole time it's been on air.

This, I'm tired of every show trying to have overarching plot. It has its place and shouldn't just be injected into shows. Either go into it with plot or go into with it non-plot, but don't just try to flip the switch halfway in.

Pic rel8ed

The newer episodes are watchable. The do feel like an entirely different show than early spongebob, but they're usually alright in their own right. Not something I'd go out of my way to watch, but not nearly as annoying as the past 6 or so seasons.

No need to talk out of your ass when the series has already become strange enough

>THICC

Oh my fucking god this show.

Fuck in the old days the jokes would just go over kids heads. Now it's aiming straight at their face and sucker punching them.

>she's Mr Krab's Daughter's mom
What the fuck did I just read?

"My wife's son."
-Sup Forums edition

I agree Enter.

It's taken a step in the right direction, at least.

Next step would be to stop having Spongebob morph into anything and everything all the time.

Spongebob intentionally killed a clam on screen.

That's kinda hot

I AM SQUAREPANT