Ben Reilly - Scarlet Spider #5 Storytime

Can someone give me a quick rundown on this line so far? Is it good?

It's been decent so far

>that suit
I've been out of the loop for a while, when did that come back?

It's literally Deadpool lite, face scars and all.

Around issue 3 and gonna be a sec gotta resize all these pages

In the second issue. He saw a cosplayer who was conveniently wearing the classic suit and just stole it from him.

What's going on with Kaine? is he crazy?

Just same asshole self.

Surprisingly Kaine is one of the few sane people here

oh okay. i haven't read this book and was worried he was getting character assassinated

did they change the the image size limit recently?

Kaine is pretty in-character. Not a lot of people like this take on Ben, though. I get why Ben is crazy, but I'm still not a fan of it. At least they didn't jump right the eventual redemption arc. I just look at Ben and I'm not scared of him as this villain/anti-hero/whatever. That role has long been suited for Kaine.

hahaha fucking kaine

Oh boy you haven't seen anything yet

Geeze. You can feel the salt from the author.

HA

Who are these people

BASED
A E
S S
E A
DESAB

the absolute madman

Hell yeah Kaine

Kain is a anti hero, Ben is a anti villain

Has Aracely been mentioned at all or are we never getting the Aztec God revival story?

>What are you going to do, shoot me?
>-Man who was shot.

so is that a coloring error?

first panel looks like Kaine is running away and telling Kaine bye

He's fast!

Kaine is /OURGUY/

I love kaine

Are they talking about Scarlet Spider or how they tried to make Black Knight relevant again with Weirdworld?

Once again it's proven that Kaine is best spider

Kaine mentioned her once saying he'd like to have her help getting to a building but that "Ben's too dangerous to risk it", that was it

And if she does show up I wouldn't expect the Aztec God plot to get brought in wholesale to be honest

>So I told Kaine to shoot me... He actually did the absolute madman haha

I miss Kaine's book so much.

it helps if you read the book

That's it Kaine, you've gone too far this time with your edge. You need a trip trip back to Texas.

>We've released this image with The Slingers!
>It's this issue's cover.

NO EDITORS
O

E
D
I
T
O
R
S

So we're probably getting a reunion of Spider-Men out of all this, right? Which means Miles will be an uninvited guest or even Miguel if he's still around.

There have been a lot of coloring errors in this series. Last issue they screwed up who was saying what too. Wonder why.

Ugh, Ben is just an unlikeable cunt. Why can't we just have more Kaine adventures again?

Can't believe Kaine fell for this.

kaine is officially better than peter who would have let a girl die to kill ock

miggy went back to his home time

best clone

I kind of like this twist to Ben's character as a foil to Kaine's. He's not supposed to be intimidating because he doesn't think he's doing the wrong thing. And now Kaine needs to get the dude who he once placed on a moral pedastal back in order or well kill him.

Never happening. That was Yost's baby. I remember he even made a remark on twitter that made it sound like he wished he'd done that storyline in a different book that would have sold more.

I think all that warrants is a writer who wants to follow up on the plot, but right now this book is gasping for air as it is.

It's like how the Fraternity of Raptors plotline was left on limbo in Cosmic Marvel ever since 2010 but now Duggan is bringing that full circle.

Kaine is great. Why can't we have more of him :(

I don't think he's going anywhere

truly the only decent comic coming out of marvel.

yost's scarlet spider run with kaine was great. wish it ran longer.

Ben is the looney one and Kaine just sees himself as putting down an insane unrepentant clone with a god complex.

It's hilarious how the author keeps inserting his salt every couple of issues.

That guy deserves a medal.

Am I supposed to know who the black woman is? I don't.

BEST. SPIDER.

I miss my Kaine ongoing.

PAD's latest OC.

She's so badass she just blackmails generals with her leet h4x0r skills. Now she knows kung fu too.

Yawn.

Being a Spider hero and not having a Spider Sense sucks. I'd be mad if I had everything else but itl

Best boy. They shouldn't have bothered with "Ben" and just given Kaine another series instead.

Thanks, OP. With Kaine gone (for now, at least), Sliney replacing Bagley and "Ben" still rubbing me the wrong way, I'm worried that I won't enjoy what comes next.

>Sliney replacing Bagley
ruined
mah
day

This is fucking wrong right from the first page.

Kaine doesn't have spider-sense, but he's physically stronger than Peter and can sprout deadly spines that he uses to lethal effect.

Ben was mindbroken by the jackal from constant torture, executiom, and being resurrected only to die horribly in another way. He escaped and took up the Jackal's mantle, became a mass murderer, thinks he's god, tried to kill spiderman, and now is off his fucking rocker.

Kaine has killed people for way, way less. The thugs and human traffickers he dealt with when rescuing Hummingbird have nothing on Ben-Jackal's crimes.

That's pretty much true, but that was before Kaine began to relax around on killing. He really doesn't do it unless absolutely necessary now.

He might have them now.

He was reborn from an Other cocoon relatively recently and that should give him all the other Spider-powers.

So I guess we found Kaine's eventual teammate.

She was mentioned but Kaine didn't want her involved with the mess.

The rest of the warriors wouldn't help him murder his brother either.

But I have a feeling Aracelly might be a plot point, I mean she is connected to gods who better than gods to help cure the incurable.

Why is Kaine not the protagonist of this series again?

Didn't PAD say she might show up later on?

You guys all know this will end with Ben and Kaine making up right?

Okay, I literally laughed out loud at that. That was brilliant.

They're kind of dueling co-protagonists, honestly. For all that Ben's name is in the title, they both get plenty of spotlight time.

if they're going to update the Scarlet Spider costume I'd say all they should do is make the capsules on the wrist and belt to reflect his spider-man costume. Sleek them up a bit.

Greatest page in this decade.This is why I love Kaine

>you will never be this based

>What i expirienced in the afterlife?

With a single line Peter confirmed that NuBen is OldBen

>It tells the story of how Ben got so traumatized and is one of the must gut-wrenching stories I've ever read
>must gut-wrenching
>must

Come on, Devin. Couldn't even be bothered to edit your letters page?

It helps if you, you know, read the book from the beginning.

And he used to transform in a spider-hulk.
Gosh just bring back Yost's Kaine

I'd gladly give up on the spider-sense if i had the power-set of Kaine: Mark of Kaine, Control over spiders, host of the Other (well, no more) who gave him regenerative power that make him basically immortal

>Mark of Kaine
That's just using his wall crawling ability on people's faces. Its not some special unique ability.

I don't get why so few people understand this.

He had a too strong crawling ability.
Then Peter used it too and people assumed that wasn't the case

Me too, bro

>He had a too strong crawling ability.

Yeah, but ALL of his spider powers were amped up. His spider sense was initially a literal future sense ability (it was like the book/movie Next, where he would literally see flashes of the attack coming at him). His wall crawling ability would generate heat from exciting atoms quicker than Peter's when attracting atoms to his body and would burn stuff.

But otherwise, yeah, he's just using his wall crawling ability on people's faces.

So is this the best book Marvel is putting out now?